Thread Rating:

Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 11
January 6th, 2022 at 8:54:17 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Last visit, they had little signs on every other chair saying out of use. This time, they had removed many chairs and each chair had a six- foot circle drawn around it.
When I asked the girl taking my blood pressure about it, she sighed and said she'd been told not to discuss it.
link to original post

Around here, there are banners in the parking lot with the reception desk phone number. Call when you arrive; wait in the car until they phone you.

The waiting room chairs are basically just for decoration in the smaller clinics.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
January 6th, 2022 at 10:51:00 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I just got my COVID booster shot AND a flu shot!

I went to a pizza shop to pick up a slice of pizza and there were signs all over demanding masks be worn. One sign said they weren't medical referees and with heavy fines by the state, they want you to wear a mask no matter your vax status. I think it's a $1,000 fine to the store owner, and whether they can delegate that to you the customer...idk.
link to original post

At this point it's obvious that everyone is spreading the China Virus, whether you're vaccinated or not, it doesn't seem to stop the spread at all. The unvaxed are more likely to fill the hospital rooms though.

It looks we're going to reach herd immunity through infection, not vaccination.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
January 7th, 2022 at 3:23:06 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Went to ophthalmologist for routine annual appointment. Had a bunch of snow, so had a few minutes of cleaning off car. The temperature taker gave me a 96. So if I had a fever of 101.4 it would have read 98.6 and made the girl just as happy to let me in. After the temperature girl their was a different worker asking me the stupid questions. No I don’t have a fever. No I don’t have COVID-19. No I don’t have any symptoms of COVID-19. The next question caught me by surprise. ‘Have you traveled out of state? I quickly answered ‘not in the last week’ and that was the last question and they let me check in.

I wanted to ask her.. ‘Oh, since our state has a HIGHER infection rate than most states, you are hoping people say “yes” to show a lesser chance of spreading Onicron?’ I doubt that is the response I would have gotten had I just said, yes, I’ve been out of state.
link to original post

Not sure if you remember, but I mentioned that the poker game I worked I was an idiot and got there an hour early so was sitting outside a long time. My reading was 91F which IIRC you or someone said meant I had been dead for a couple hours if accurate. It was at that reading that I realized how useless the infared readings are.

The questions are as bad as the 1990s airport interrogation where they asked if your bag has been out of your control yadda yadda yadda yadda. Really, what does it matter if I have been out of state?

Meanwhile after a nephew birthday party several vaxed family members tested positive. I just stayed home with a minor cough, maybe I caught it maybe I didn't. My 5 days are up but will probably stay mostly home all weekend. Cold outside anyhow.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 7th, 2022 at 3:27:47 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Quote: OnceDear

Quote: DeMango

They are getting desperate to instill fear as much as possible. With hospitalizations and deaths down, percentage wise, as infections ramp up. Wise up people, you are being played.
link to original post

They? "THEY?"
So Doctors and their practice managers don't know what's going on. don't have a grasp of the real stats and just want to be unpopular.

Hmmmm..... What hospitalisations and deaths do percentage wise, is a bit moot, if infection rate is cancelling out (and more) the lower sickness rate. It is indeed a numbers game. Listen to those who know the numbers well enough to risk damaging their customer relationships and STILL think it's necessary.
link to original post

In the U.S., most decisions of these types are made by a corporate manager who manages the health/hospital organizations that doctors all work for. These decisions are not made by medical doctoirs, they are made by corporation bigwigs. Just ask your doctor or his staff..
link to original post

I will second that. My urologist has three offices, I see him at one he is at once a month. One of the nurses told me that we had to mask because they just rent that office and it is not their choice, at his "home" office they do not care so much. She personally is no fan of so many of the crazy rules and loves that I have the same view. She has great common sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 203
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuary
January 7th, 2022 at 3:35:11 AM permalink

according to Wolrdometers. info yesterday there were 751,512 new cases and 2,143 new deaths

but wait just a minute - they're trying to play you - right? - they have an agenda - right? - they're trying to turn everybody into submissives - right?

yeah, right - sure they are - better to get data from WOV members anecdotes - seriously_________________𝙉𝙊𝙏

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/#graph-deaths-daily

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 51
January 7th, 2022 at 4:51:45 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

On that one day!
712,617 new cases and 1,814 new deaths in the United States on the day before.

Everything is relative. To the family of the deceased,( or to the member here with an anecdote), one case, one death is a lot. To 330 Million of you, it's of no significance.

Meanwhile...
Currently infected in the US, 16,619,075 out of 330,000,000 or so. Or roughly 1 in 20. The numbers are not secret.

Some of those stay home and mess up the economy by not going to work. Many carry on regardless and generously share their viral load to potentially mess up the nation's health. No need for an agenda.
People will do what people will do and we choose to avoid or embrace some risk. Pity essential workers who don't have much choice.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 7th, 2022 at 5:52:00 AM permalink

Some of those stay home and mess up the economy by not going to work. Many carry on regardless and generously share their viral load to potentially mess up the nation's health. No need for an agenda.
People will do what people will do and we choose to avoid or embrace some risk. Pity essential workers who don't have much choice.
link to original post

Life does not stop for a virus.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
January 7th, 2022 at 7:12:43 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

link to original post

link to original post

You might try sharing that with the families of the 800,000 lives that did stop because of this virus. I'm sure they will be happy to hear this.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 7th, 2022 at 8:09:26 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

link to original post

You might try sharing that with the families of the 800,000 lives that did stop because of this virus. I'm sure they will be happy to hear this.
link to original post

They can be happy or not but it is reality. We still have to eat. We still need heat in our homes. The financial system has to keep moving. I have to laugh at the people who say, "people are dying and you are worried about the economy!" As if everything can stop for a month while everyone hides at home watching Netflix.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
January 7th, 2022 at 10:36:56 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

More and more are beginning to realize this. While a year ago there was little resistance to 'saving the children' by closing schools, now you are 'bad' if you try and close schools, EVEN THOUGH Omicron seems to be way more easily spreadable among children, AND cause more sickness! The NYC mayor said, essentially, I don't give a futz about rates, transmission, etc... our schools are staying open! And IN PERSON! I expect to be infected any day now. I keep hearing about friends, relatives, associates getting Omicron. Maybe I did have it but just asymptomatic.
As far as 'mask wearing', it does not seem to be helping with this new variant. NYC has some of the most stringent mask rules and some of the highest infection rates.

By the way, around 700,000 malaria deaths last year, an easily preventable and treatable disease. Almost all were in Africa so 'no one cares'.

• Jump to: