Thread Rating:

Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 11
January 6th, 2022 at 12:21:24 PM permalink
The day job office sent around a memo this morning that all employees need to submit proof of vaccination or a statement of vaccination refusal.

It's something to do with OSHA compliance; I'm not up on all the details since it's not my department.

Perhaps there will be new numbers to analyze soon?
May the cards fall in your favor.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
January 6th, 2022 at 12:42:20 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

The day job office sent around a memo this morning that all employees need to submit proof of vaccination or a statement of vaccination refusal.

It's something to do with OSHA compliance; I'm not up on all the details since it's not my department.

Perhaps there will be new numbers to analyze soon?
link to original post

My place is asking us to click a little button where we punch in. So yes, OSHA requirement may be hitting.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 215
January 6th, 2022 at 12:58:27 PM permalink
I was at my doctor's office this morning and they had a new sign. When I was here about two months ago the sign said words to the effect that if you are fully vaccinated, masks are optional, but requested.
Today's sign said in VERY BIG letters- MASKS are mandatory, as we serve children who can't get the vaccine and need protection. It went on to say if anyone had an issue with this, to call a number and they would see about transferring you to a medical practice who didn't care about their patient's safety.
Last visit, they had little signs on every other chair saying out of use. This time, they had removed many chairs and each chair had a six- foot circle drawn around it.
When I asked the girl taking my blood pressure about it, she sighed and said she'd been told not to discuss it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 32
January 6th, 2022 at 1:28:34 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I was at my doctor's office this morning and they had a new sign. When I was here about two months ago the sign said words to the effect that if you are fully vaccinated, masks are optional, but requested.
Today's sign said in VERY BIG letters- MASKS are mandatory, as we serve children who can't get the vaccine and need protection. It went on to say if anyone had an issue with this, to call a number and they would see about transferring you to a medical practice who didn't care about their patient's safety.
Last visit, they had little signs on every other chair saying out of use. This time, they had removed many chairs and each chair had a six- foot circle drawn around it.
When I asked the girl taking my blood pressure about it, she sighed and said she'd been told not to discuss it.
link to original post

They are getting desperate to instill fear as much as possible. With hospitalizations and deaths down, percentage wise, as infections ramp up. Wise up people, you are being played.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 6th, 2022 at 1:42:20 PM permalink
Omnicron is a bit of a paradox in that it’s much less severe in adults, more severe in children than previous variants (although comparably mild.) to my understanding.

Earliest variants flu legitimately more harmful to children, not so much this one. Difference thought to be other variants attack the lungs more, this one attacks bronchial tubes more. Hospitalization rates are NOT down for children, the opposite even if comparably less than adults.

Overreaction? Maybe. Parents tend to be fiercely protective of their children to what many would consider irrational, not so much different than pets as far as that’s concerned. Helicopter parents are going to do what they do. They’ve been asking younger people to sacrifice their livelihood at an undeterminable future cost to them for less healthy groups for a long time so probably not ridiculous to ask for the reverse of that for a shorter period of time.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 51
January 6th, 2022 at 1:46:27 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

Market economy at work? Well, I guess that is one way.
Maybe when this is all over, that doctors practice might lose some customers in protest. It might lose some to death in the meantime, if it doesn't do this. Bit of a lose-lose situation..
All our UK hospitals, doctors, dentists etc have had chairs spaced out and mandatory masking, throughout. If the government had not mandated it, the local health authorities would have. Anyone claiming medical exemption was taken at their word.
Same with shops. I estimate 90% mask compliance in our shops at the moment.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 51
Thanks for this post from:
rawtuff
January 6th, 2022 at 1:51:20 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

They are getting desperate to instill fear as much as possible. With hospitalizations and deaths down, percentage wise, as infections ramp up. Wise up people, you are being played.
link to original post

They? "THEY?"
So Doctors and their practice managers don't know what's going on. don't have a grasp of the real stats and just want to be unpopular.

Hmmmm..... What hospitalisations and deaths do percentage wise, is a bit moot, if infection rate is cancelling out (and more) the lower sickness rate. It is indeed a numbers game. Listen to those who know the numbers well enough to risk damaging their customer relationships and STILL think it's necessary.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 54
January 6th, 2022 at 3:19:38 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Quote: DeMango

link to original post

They? "THEY?"
So Doctors and their practice managers don't know what's going on. don't have a grasp of the real stats and just want to be unpopular.

Hmmmm..... What hospitalisations and deaths do percentage wise, is a bit moot, if infection rate is cancelling out (and more) the lower sickness rate. It is indeed a numbers game. Listen to those who know the numbers well enough to risk damaging their customer relationships and STILL think it's necessary.
link to original post

In the U.S., most decisions of these types are made by a corporate manager who manages the health/hospital organizations that doctors all work for. These decisions are not made by medical doctoirs, they are made by corporation bigwigs. Just ask your doctor or his staff..
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
January 6th, 2022 at 4:22:19 PM permalink
Went to ophthalmologist for routine annual appointment. Had a bunch of snow, so had a few minutes of cleaning off car. The temperature taker gave me a 96. So if I had a fever of 101.4 it would have read 98.6 and made the girl just as happy to let me in. After the temperature girl their was a different worker asking me the stupid questions. No I don’t have a fever. No I don’t have COVID-19. No I don’t have any symptoms of COVID-19. The next question caught me by surprise. ‘Have you traveled out of state? I quickly answered ‘not in the last week’ and that was the last question and they let me check in.

I wanted to ask her.. ‘Oh, since our state has a HIGHER infection rate than most states, you are hoping people say “yes” to show a lesser chance of spreading Onicron?’ I doubt that is the response I would have gotten had I just said, yes, I’ve been out of state.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 64
January 6th, 2022 at 7:00:06 PM permalink
I just got my COVID booster shot AND a flu shot!

I went to a pizza shop to pick up a slice of pizza and there were signs all over demanding masks be worn. One sign said they weren't medical referees and with heavy fines by the state, they want you to wear a mask no matter your vax status. I think it's a $1,000 fine to the store owner, and whether they can delegate that to you the customer...idk.

• Jump to: