Thread Rating:

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 50
September 6th, 2021 at 3:19:50 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Why must you think everything is about you? Anyone reading this thread would see oz repeatedly mentioned the FDA funding as implying corruption.
Maybe a pool on how many times you misunderstand someones post might be in order.

• link to original post

1. Because your post immediately followed mine, and followed it by 8 minutes.

2. Because I started my post with "Well, I'll just say that I've worked in the federal government" and ended it with "So, this is not akin to believing illumanati theories, its just how federal government works."

And you responded 8 minutes later with this opening statement "I've worked for the Feds, both in the military and for the Department of Commerce and that is how bureaucracies work." and with this closing statement "and would seem to indicate a lack of understanding of how government is funded."

3. Because my previous post introduced the issue of big pharma influence on the FDA by ending:

Quote: gordonm888

So, there is a growing conspiracy theory that the FDA is in bed with certain pharmaceutical companies. Not certain about all aspects of that theory, but there may be something to it. There is an enormous amount of money at stake, and money corrupts.

and was immediately followed on this thread 14 minutes later by your attack post;

As far as I can tell, the people pushing the FDA is in bed with big pharma almost always also subscribe to other conspiracy theories such as the vaccine makes you magnetic, the vaccine comes from aborted fetuses, the election was stolen, the Pope is part of the illuminati and so on and so forth. I suppose there is a chance they are wrong on everything else but got this one right. That's the ticket.

which shamelessly suggests that because I claim that there may be something to the theory that FDA is in bed with big pharma that people like me almost always also subscribe to "the vaccine makes you magnetic" "the vaccines comes from aborted fetuses" "the Pope is part of the Illumanati" and (objectionably bringing up a political issue) that "the election was stolen" .... and concludes that people like me "are wrong on everything."

This, again, is the time-honored billryan tactic of tarnishing posters with things that they never said in order to make them look silly or stupid. Your tactic is not explicitly against the rules of this forum, but don't expect me to congratulate you on the honorable and civil way that you debate with others in this forum.
    Last edited by: gordonm888 on Sep 6, 2021
    So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
    ChumpChange
    ChumpChange
    • Threads: 56
    September 6th, 2021 at 3:36:00 PM permalink
    Just noticed a lot of football games with sold-out stadiums and no masks & no social distancing. So super-spreader events at every such football game. Will Draft Kings become uninhabitable because of all the stadium fans making their bets there, or are they entirely different people who just watch the games at home or on screens?
    billryan
    billryan
    • Threads: 202
    September 6th, 2021 at 3:55:53 PM permalink
    I was responding to someone elses post., just as you were. Was I debating you? You were responding to a post someone else made. Why you would feel that I was shamelessly suggesting anything about you is bizarre. That your post ended up between the oz post I was responding to is just one of the universes sick little jokes.
    I rarely respond to anything you have to say because you tend to posts things that just don't interest me. Its not personal, you just post about subjects that don't interest me.

How is it that anyone is allowed make posts suggesting the federal government conspired to kill a half million Americans on a forum that doesn't allow politics?
    The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
    billryan
    billryan
    Thanks for this post from:
    MichaelBluejay
    September 6th, 2021 at 3:58:09 PM permalink
    Quote: ChumpChange

Just noticed a lot of football games with sold-out stadiums and no masks & no social distancing. So super-spreader events at every such football game. Will Draft Kings become uninhabitable because of all the stadium fans making their bets there, or are they entirely different people who just watch the games at home or on screens?

• link to original post

Evidently I need to make clear that even though my response followed a post by CC, I was in fact responding to a different post. For the people who might have been confused.
    The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
    MichaelBluejay
    MichaelBluejay
    • Threads: 51
    September 6th, 2021 at 3:59:02 PM permalink

I was responding to someone elses post., just as you were.

I suggest that when you're addressing someone, or referring to someone's comments, that you either quote them, or address them by name, so it's always clear to whom you're referring. Adds clarity, helps prevent misunderstandings, prevents the ability for a malicious poster to claim he was talking about someone else, and thus can't be accused of that, etc.
    ChumpChange
    ChumpChange
    • Threads: 56
    September 6th, 2021 at 4:02:58 PM permalink
    I'm sorry. I just dipped into the thread without reading what was going on because I was too busy writing a post.
    billryan
    billryan
    September 6th, 2021 at 4:06:05 PM permalink
    Quote: ChumpChange

I'm sorry. I just dipped into the thread without reading what was going on because I was too busy writing a post.

• link to original post

Shame on you. Best pay attention before someone tries to take you to the woodshed.
    billryan
    billryan
    September 6th, 2021 at 4:07:32 PM permalink
    Quote: MichaelBluejay

I suggest that when you're addressing someone, or referring to someone's comments, that you either quote them, or address them by name, so it's always clear to whom you're referring. Adds clarity, helps prevent misunderstandings, prevents the ability for a malicious poster to claim he was talking about someone else, and thus can't be accused of that, etc.

• link to original post

The problem with that is then the nonsense just gets reposted. I wasn't quoting anyone.
    billryan
    billryan
    September 6th, 2021 at 4:11:12 PM permalink
    As far as I can tell, the people pushing the FDA is in bed with big pharma almost always also subscribe to other conspiracy theories such as the vaccine makes you magnetic, the vaccine comes from aborted fetuses, the election was stolen, the Pope is part of the illuminati and so on and so forth. I suppose there is a chance they are wrong on everything else but got this one right. That's the ticket.

link to original post

Then this was the next post:

Well, I'll just say that I've worked in the federal government and have a number of friends in it and I see how large businesses work with federal agencies. The agency staff can have their careers effectively ended by a congressman and agencies get their operating budgets from congress. So when there is big money involved it is a pretty rough business. No agency wants to fight with congressmen, and I have personally been aware of some pretty brutal phone calls between a congressman and senior agency officials that have resulted in some astonishing, indefensible decisions. So, this is not akin to believing illumanati theories, its just how federal government works.
    So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy

Looks to me like I made the post before our moderator responded, so why he would think I was referring to him escapes me.
    MichaelBluejay
    MichaelBluejay
    • Threads: 51
    September 6th, 2021 at 4:27:39 PM permalink

The problem with that is then the nonsense just gets reposted. I wasn't quoting anyone.

You referred to my post selectively. I said quote *or* address the person you’re talking to. You said “you” n the post of yours I quoted. Who is “you”? (Rhetorical question, the point is, make it clear to whom you’re talking or referring.

• Jump to: