Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 110
  • Posts: 7808
December 16th, 2020 at 8:45:44 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: AZDuffman

American Medical Association Rescinds Previous Statement Against Prescription of Hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 Patients

Quote: AMA

However, on page 18 of a recent AMA memo, issued on October 30, (resolution 509, page 3) the organization officially reversed their stance on HCQ, stating that its potential for good currently may supersede the threat of any potential harmful side effects.



I TOLD YOU SO!

How many people died because of the refusal of people to accept what we were seeing in the field we will never know.



We know.

The AMA is not the FDA. The FDA still has the drug as not useful for Covid-19.

The AMA is basically saying nothing is working so let's go back to Hydroxychloriquine.

If it had actually worked in the field before we would not be here now. The AMA wasn't letting thousands die to stop Trump.

Not wearing masks and not socially distancing is the reason we are where we are

BTW -. OCTOBER 30TH WAS ALMOST TWO MONTHS AGO (NOT TO MENTION BEFORE THE ELECTION)!HOW IS HYDROXYCHLORIQUINE HELPING OUT? NUMBERS GOING DOWN???



Quite a post filled with so many errors! Where to start!

The FDA 'still has the drug as not useful' is an inedible word salad! There are THOUSANDS of drugs that are used off label, successfully. We used to joke that for every patient we took care of if we only used 'on label' indications we couldn't take care of patients. Even the 'approved ' vaccines are not 'on label' yet, as their use is only an 'emergency' use.


The AMA would never say "nothing is working so let's go back to hydroxychloroquine" unless there was a REASON to do so! You think thousands of doctors got together and said.... hmmmm..... hydroxychloroquine doesn't work, but let's say it does! There is, and always has been, enough anecdotes to SUGGEST it is helpful, but not enough to PROVE it is helpful. The AMA is NOT saying it is a cure, but rather, a help, one that is better than doing nothing.

"Not wearing masks and not socially distancing is the reason we are where we are"
Really? I live in western NY. We have been wearing masks and socially distancing for 6 months. Somehow the second wave is here and things are far worse than the first wave when no one was socially distancing or wearing masks.
I'd try this..... Things may be worse than they would have been because we do not all wear masks and socially distance.

(I am not an AMA member for a variety of reasons that would require its own thread)
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2630
December 16th, 2020 at 9:15:06 AM permalink
Can it be possible and likely that masks are Hcq are actually somewhat similar in that they can be somewhat effective but not entirely effective.

Anecdotally when my younger brother had Covid 6 of the 10 or 11 people he was watching a football game with got it not wearing masks in a private home while he gave it to exactly 0 or his office coworkers where they’re required to wear masks. Also some other mitigation effects at his office like some additional plastic between desks/cubicles. Unknown how long he could have been carrying at work, woke up with a fever was like 104 that day got tested and by next day he was fine, 30 year old in good physical condition.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 253
  • Posts: 7928
December 16th, 2020 at 9:35:28 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: darkoz

Quote: AZDuffman

American Medical Association Rescinds Previous Statement Against Prescription of Hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 Patients

Quote: AMA

However, on page 18 of a recent AMA memo, issued on October 30, (resolution 509, page 3) the organization officially reversed their stance on HCQ, stating that its potential for good currently may supersede the threat of any potential harmful side effects.



I TOLD YOU SO!

How many people died because of the refusal of people to accept what we were seeing in the field we will never know.



We know.

The AMA is not the FDA. The FDA still has the drug as not useful for Covid-19.

The AMA is basically saying nothing is working so let's go back to Hydroxychloriquine.

If it had actually worked in the field before we would not be here now. The AMA wasn't letting thousands die to stop Trump.

Not wearing masks and not socially distancing is the reason we are where we are

BTW -. OCTOBER 30TH WAS ALMOST TWO MONTHS AGO (NOT TO MENTION BEFORE THE ELECTION)!HOW IS HYDROXYCHLORIQUINE HELPING OUT? NUMBERS GOING DOWN???



Quite a post filled with so many errors! Where to start!

The FDA 'still has the drug as not useful' is an inedible word salad! There are THOUSANDS of drugs that are used off label, successfully. We used to joke that for every patient we took care of if we only used 'on label' indications we couldn't take care of patients. Even the 'approved ' vaccines are not 'on label' yet, as their use is only an 'emergency' use.


The AMA would never say "nothing is working so let's go back to hydroxychloroquine" unless there was a REASON to do so! You think thousands of doctors got together and said.... hmmmm..... hydroxychloroquine doesn't work, but let's say it does! There is, and always has been, enough anecdotes to SUGGEST it is helpful, but not enough to PROVE it is helpful. The AMA is NOT saying it is a cure, but rather, a help, one that is better than doing nothing.

"Not wearing masks and not socially distancing is the reason we are where we are"
Really? I live in western NY. We have been wearing masks and socially distancing for 6 months. Somehow the second wave is here and things are far worse than the first wave when no one was socially distancing or wearing masks.
I'd try this..... Things may be worse than they would have been because we do not all wear masks and socially distance.

(I am not an AMA member for a variety of reasons that would require its own thread)



Two months since the AMA reversed course and deaths continue to skyrocket!

When someone tells me "it's better than nothing" that's not a ringing endorsement.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 224
  • Posts: 12332
December 16th, 2020 at 10:13:47 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz



When someone tells me "it's better than nothing" that's not a ringing endorsement.



But, see, that is how life works. Life is not where you have all your needs so fulfilled that you only take 100% proven things.

Street level doctor looked at the covid symptoms and figured hydroxychloroquine treats them as well as a similar mode of action so they prescribed it. And they god good if not perfect results. This is a good thing as we cannot just hide from the world until the virus dies out.

Alas, in 21st century USA people think they can live with zero risk and money is free to print so we can hide from the danger until it is gone.

Sorry, it does not work that way. And the shunning of hydroxychloroquine doubtless killed people, probably in the tens of thousands. All because elitists just could not stand it being an old drug and not promoted by the "right" people.

And the same people want to lecture us and say if we all wore masks it would be over by now.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 253
  • Posts: 7928
December 16th, 2020 at 10:20:16 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

But, see, that is how life works. Life is not where you have all your needs so fulfilled that you only take 100% proven things.

Street level doctor looked at the covid symptoms and figured hydroxychloroquine treats them as well as a similar mode of action so they prescribed it. And they god good if not perfect results. This is a good thing as we cannot just hide from the world until the virus dies out.

Alas, in 21st century USA people think they can live with zero risk and money is free to print so we can hide from the danger until it is gone.

Sorry, it does not work that way. And the shunning of hydroxychloroquine doubtless killed people, probably in the tens of thousands. All because elitists just could not stand it being an old drug and not promoted by the "right" people.

And the same people want to lecture us and say if we all wore masks it would be over by now.



And yet Hydroxychloriquine isn't bringing the death rate down.

If it works like you claim hospitals would be using it as we speak and death rates would be going down, not up.

Nearly two months since the AMA reversal.

Point to where Hydroxychloriquine has effected a reversal in course of this virus
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 224
  • Posts: 12332
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOO
December 16th, 2020 at 10:33:35 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

And yet Hydroxychloriquine isn't bringing the death rate down.

If it works like you claim hospitals would be using it as we speak and death rates would be going down, not up.

Nearly two months since the AMA reversal.

Point to where Hydroxychloriquine has effected a reversal in course of this virus



Nobody said it was a magic bullet. What I do not get is why you are so angry about it showing good results and helping people?

Sort of like telling a starving person they cannot go eat at McDonald's because the food "is not good for them?"
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 253
  • Posts: 7928
December 16th, 2020 at 11:02:43 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Nobody said it was a magic bullet. What I do not get is why you are so angry about it showing good results and helping people?

Sort of like telling a starving person they cannot go eat at McDonald's because the food "is not good for them?"



I haven't seen any good results.

3,000 dying per day is not my definition of good results
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 224
  • Posts: 12332
December 16th, 2020 at 11:36:14 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I haven't seen any good results.

3,000 dying per day is not my definition of good results



Yet you still defend masks even with this number!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 253
  • Posts: 7928
December 16th, 2020 at 11:47:05 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Yet you still defend masks even with this number!



If everyone had worn them we wouldn't be at this high number.

States that had mandates still didn't have full compliance.

Even in NY there were mask violations sometimes on a massive scale.

It's like arguing condoms don't work because many people don't use them.

Well, obviously if it's not used it doesn't work
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 224
  • Posts: 12332
December 16th, 2020 at 11:57:29 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

If everyone had worn them we wouldn't be at this high number.



Zero proof of this. Impossible to prove.

Quote:

States that had mandates still didn't have full compliance.

Even in NY there were mask violations sometimes on a massive scale.

It's like arguing condoms don't work because many people don't use them.

Well, obviously if it's not used it doesn't work



What I do not get is why you think a small piece of cloth or paper is going to be the savior here.

The numbers seem to prove what I said all along. The mask mandates are to give the appearance that "something is being done" because too many people cannot handle that it is what it is and we have to just work our way to herd immunity.

That is a hard fact of life, but it is a fact you need to get used to.

The next thing I expect is the vaccine will be "partially useful at best" when we see cases not disappear by spring.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

  • Jump to: