Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
July 3rd, 2020 at 9:09:44 PM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

The worst is yet to come they say (WHO). Someone here predicted 40k is about it when the numbers were still low. This will be about 2-3 years long battle.
But deaths are the second worse thing about this. The main issue is the high contagiousness, hospitalization rate and long term damage and high odds of secondary infection (long lasting illness and predisposure to other lung problems).

I'm not really super negative about the future. But I do wonder if the real second wave is combination of the height of the flu season and coronavirus since you can conceivably get both. In fact you could even get a cold on top of those two.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 229
July 3rd, 2020 at 9:11:36 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Would you buy more of the stock at the current price?

I had put in a buy at $4. The price was just a bit higher.

Then it did nothing but climb to $10.

The shorts hit it bad Wednesday and it went down to $4.65. Almost triggered the additional buy.

But it didn't.

I don't like pulling the shares I have at $2.94 up by purchasing at the current price. Other people are stockpiling this stock at $6. So who knows.

This is my first ever stock purchase so I am cautiously learning. I invested because I believe in this specific drug so highly
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz 
July 3rd, 2020 at 9:13:17 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I'm not really super negative about the future. But I do wonder if the real second wave is combination of the height of the flu season and coronavirus since you can conceivably get both. In fact you could even get a cold on top of those two.

That's precisely an issue to look forward too.

It happened with the Spanish Flu making the 2nd wave hundreds of times worse
darkoz
darkoz 
July 3rd, 2020 at 9:18:22 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

The more I read about CytoDyn, the company that invented Leronlimab, it sounds like a very shady company. I hope I am wrong as I bought a few shares of their stock.

There are some short owners of this stock that are doing very underhanded tactics to scare investors.

Distributing false and misleading negative info.

Follow the science

Doctors from Montefiore and Albert Einstein school of medicine

Doctors from UCLA.

Doctor Yo

Dr. Been. (He is having the CEO on his show tomorrow. You should watch it.)

They are all discussing this drug. They are putting their degrees on the line for a scam company?

The FDA approved trials

The drug has been in testing five years with over 900 patients under FDA.

It's real.

Good news coming.

How much did you invest. What price if I may ask? Before Wednesday short attack?
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 17
July 3rd, 2020 at 9:19:45 PM permalink
After reading this thread and watching the YouTube video you posted, I purchased some shares. With fees - about $8 a share. I missed out on the big gains, but if I triple my money, I'll be happy.

But if it goes to 0, I haven't mortgaged my future. Let's see how it plays out!
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 71
July 4th, 2020 at 5:22:08 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

How much did you invest. What price if I may ask? Before Wednesday short attack?

I did my usual for a "fun" stock and bought $1000 worth. It was around $3 when I bought.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 34
July 7th, 2020 at 5:32:02 AM permalink
The CDC announced last week that the Coronavirus death rate has sunk to the point that it is on the threshold of no longer being considered an 'epidemic.'

Quote: CDC

This is the tenth consecutive week of a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC [Pneumonia/Influenza/COVID-19]. The percentage is equal to the epidemic threshold of 5.9% for week 26.

They do go on to warn that as more death certificates are processed, the rate may go up. So, while I am cautiously optimistic, I can't see this as anything but good news.

Note, if you follow the link above, you have to scroll down almost the whole page to get to the above quote. It's under the Mortality Surveillance heading.

Quote: darkoz

When Leronlimab saves the world I will rub it in every naysayers face. I tried to help you guys see best medical course being worked on. Oh well, I will laugh all the way to the bank

Maybe not a naysayer, but I have definitely been a skeptic. That said, I do hope you are right and get a chance to rub it in my face while laughing on your way to the bank!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 9
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
July 8th, 2020 at 12:34:00 PM permalink
A new virus' mortality rate should go down for three reasons:

1) It's not usually in the best interests of the virus to kill a high percentage of its hosts, so one might expect a slightly lower mortality as time goes by.
2) The most vulnerable tend to die first, so by definition, mortality rates will go down since the most vulnerable rate-wise are dead. Yes, I know this is a duh, but some people miss it.
3) Health care professionals eventually figure out what works and what does not, so care becomes more effective and efficient.

Having said that, the percentage of deaths due to the virus will start climbing again within a couple of weeks, maybe this week. There seems to be a real push by early re-openers to now define success/failure by deaths as opposed to prevalence of disease. Well, that will all go to hell in a couple of weeks, and they will need to pivot to new rationales. But until then, and this is ominous:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/08/warning-of-serious-brain-disorders-in-people-with-mild-covid-symptoms

People are presuming long-term effects are non-serious, which is really quite a self-serving, ignorant perspective considering there is no long-term data of any kind. It's nice to believe what one prefers to believe, but that should be called "religion," because that's what it is.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 168
July 8th, 2020 at 12:54:36 PM permalink
NYPD is making plans to deal with the growing numbers of its ranks that may end up long term disabled. Many have recovered from the virus but are suffering severe scarring in the respiratory system.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 168
July 8th, 2020 at 1:18:01 PM permalink
For all this discussion of falling death numbers, allow me to point out that on Memorial Day there were just under 100,000 dead Americans.
On July 4th, we exceeded 130,000. Anyone want to hazard a guess on what will be reported by Labor Day?

• Jump to: