Thread Rating:

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1403
  • Posts: 23725
September 23rd, 2021 at 6:30:54 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Has he ever claimed to play with an edge? link to original post



I think he does claim that. Let's see what he says.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
darkoz
darkoz 
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9064
September 23rd, 2021 at 6:52:49 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Quote: billryan

Has he ever claimed to play with an edge? link to original post



I think he does claim that. Let's see what he says.
  • link to original post



    For about a year he claimed he absolutely was not an advantage player and had no edge.

    Then for about a year he claimed he was an advantage player with a hidden edge he couldn't discuss unless someone wanted to watch him for $50,000 if memory serves.

    Then he described an advantage that involves guessing the flow of the cards, said description not considered an advantage by any literature written on WOO and probably derided as useless systems on your other site.

    Currently he claims to have "perpetual comps" (his words) while never showing any losses to Casinos in essence claiming casinos will comp forever even when a player consistently wins at negative -ev games. No suspicion, no questions (in fact his hosts compliment him on the fact he always wins).

    He also says he doesn't get offered any Freeplay and he described one trip where the casino said he rated for full RFB but not for freeplay!
    For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
    AxelWolf
    AxelWolf
    Joined: Oct 10, 2012
    • Threads: 152
    • Posts: 20073
    September 23rd, 2021 at 8:14:18 PM permalink
    Quote: darkoz

    Quote: AxelWolf

    But something YOU wouldn't pay more than 50% for.

    Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.

  • link to original post



    It's true, I wouldn't.

    Using my methods I can achieve obtaining Freeplay for around 20%.

    Paying 50% is paying more for something I can get for less.

    Also if I remember that conversation came out of the Pennsylvania Sands bus rebate where people sold $45 Freeplay for $40. Now that's people buying Freeplay just for a $5 advantage lol.

    (And I felt it was the correct amount there too)
  • link to original post

    So you wouldn't buy a liftime of free play for 51% of face value?
    ♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
    AxelWolf
    AxelWolf
    Joined: Oct 10, 2012
    • Threads: 152
    • Posts: 20073
    September 23rd, 2021 at 8:17:44 PM permalink
    Quote: Wizard

    Quote: billryan

    Has he ever claimed to play with an edge? link to original post



    I think he does claim that. Let's see what he says.
  • link to original post

    He has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't play with an advantage and even went so far as to poopoo those who rely on mathematical advantages to win.
    ♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
    darkoz
    darkoz 
    Joined: Dec 22, 2009
    • Threads: 266
    • Posts: 9064
    September 23rd, 2021 at 8:39:58 PM permalink
    Quote: AxelWolf

    Quote: darkoz

    Quote: AxelWolf

    But something YOU wouldn't pay more than 50% for.

    Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.

  • link to original post



    It's true, I wouldn't.

    Using my methods I can achieve obtaining Freeplay for around 20%.

    Paying 50% is paying more for something I can get for less.

    Also if I remember that conversation came out of the Pennsylvania Sands bus rebate where people sold $45 Freeplay for $40. Now that's people buying Freeplay just for a $5 advantage lol.

    (And I felt it was the correct amount there too)
  • link to original post

    So you wouldn't buy a liftime of free play for 51% of face value?
  • link to original post



    What's a lifetime of freeplay?

    If you mean for the rest of my life I get $10 a week and can get this $520 per year value for $210 a year upfront but I have to play each $10 as I get it, then no, it's not worth it.

    And how do I predict how many years up front I have to pay for? What if I live another thirty years?
    For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
    Expectedvalue
    Expectedvalue
    Joined: Apr 23, 2020
    • Threads: 4
    • Posts: 216
    September 23rd, 2021 at 8:49:10 PM permalink
    Quote: Wizard

    Quote: billryan

    Has he ever claimed to play with an edge? link to original post



    I think he does claim that. Let's see what he says.
  • link to original post



    He has alluded to soooooo many different things that itís hard to keep track, you observed him and seem to say he had some edge, you know what it is and Iím guessing itís not something he could have explain to Marcus Clark over the phone . So this doesnít sound all
    That kosher to me: I also remeber him saying multiple times he doesnít even get freeplay are so many diff things he said that make me sit and ponder . So much about mdawg and his claims make me sit and question. How you can allow someone to post on here for so long about things that are more and more against the odds the longer they go.
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter
    Joined: Jul 23, 2014
    • Threads: 9
    • Posts: 2515
    September 23rd, 2021 at 9:52:44 PM permalink
    Quote: AxelWolf

    So you wouldn't buy a liftime of free play for 51% of face value?

  • link to original post



    Personally, I'd rather pay 20%.
    May the cards fall in your favor.
    MDawg
    MDawg
    Joined: Sep 27, 2018
    • Threads: 31
    • Posts: 3823
    September 23rd, 2021 at 11:40:27 PM permalink
    Quote: AxelWolf

    So you are claiming the high-end locations on the strip will give you $2,500 in comps after losing 25k on a few hands of baccarat on the regular? Even though the casino take is only $275. Interesting indeed.

  • link to original post


    Why is the casino take only $275. on a $25K blowout loss? Is it not $25K?


    Quote: AxelWolf



    "The way it is"? So you're telling me that if I hit up 10 different casinos on the strip betting 1 hand of baccarat(or any table game) for 25k, if I won half my bets, and lost half my bets... I would have $12,500 minimum in Comps? And does this include craps while taking odds if you lose?

  • link to original post


    Why would you think that the theoretical loss X 35 - 40% would equal $12,500 for that situation? Is that your calculation for the number of hours played X average bet X house edge?


    The CURRENT comp rate for actual loss on the Vegas Strip at any high end resort Ė I play at a variety of them I cannot speak for the dumps Ė is 10%. End of story.

    The CURRENT comp rate for theoretical loss on the Vegas Strip at any high end resort Ė I play at a variety of them I cannot speak for the dumps Ė is 35 to 40%. End of story.

    Both of these may be adjusted slightly so as to not leave a regular player holding the bag for RFB or spa expenses at the end of a trip.
    Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 24, 2021
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
    MDawg
    MDawg
    Joined: Sep 27, 2018
    • Threads: 31
    • Posts: 3823
    September 23rd, 2021 at 11:49:37 PM permalink
    Quote: AxelWolf

    He has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't play with an advantage and even went so far as to poopoo those who rely on mathematical advantages to win.

  • link to original post


    Please provide the quotes for when I said that on more than one occasion, no less. Emphases added.



    Quote: darkoz


    For about a year he claimed he absolutely was not an advantage player and had no edge.

    Then for about a year he claimed he was an advantage player with a hidden edge he couldn't discuss unless someone wanted to watch him for $50,000 if memory serves.

    Then he described an advantage that involves guessing the flow of the cards, said description not considered an advantage by any literature written on WOO and probably derided as useless systems on your other site.

    Currently he claims to have "perpetual comps" (his words) while never showing any losses to Casinos in essence claiming casinos will comp forever even when a player consistently wins at negative -ev games. No suspicion, no questions (in fact his hosts compliment him on the fact he always wins).

    He also says he doesn't get offered any Freeplay and he described one trip where the casino said he rated for full RFB but not for freeplay!

  • link to original post



    Please provide quotes to support each of these assertions. You are asserting affirmative claims by me not implied ones, so you should have no problem direct quoting to support what you claim I said. Emphases added.



    Quote: sabre

    It is a stone cold fact that other members of this forum have claimed to have paid 6% withdrawal fees to withdraw thousands of dollars to play baccarat in a manner encouraged by MDawg over phone conversation. If that manner was +EV, then that poster never alluded to +EV play once. They alluded to -EV play based on progressions, card flow, and other voodoo repeatedly. Dozens of times in fact.

    If MDawg is playing -EV and tells others to withdraw thousands at exorbitant fees to play like him then he deserves derision

    If MDawg is playing +EV and tells others to withdraw thousands at exorbitant fees to play -EV then it's frankly much worse.

    I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming it's the former.

    If he's playing +EV and he's encouraging others to pay exorbitant withdrawal fees to play +EV then I honestly have no idea what this whole dog and pony show is about

  • link to original post


    Those are some serious accusations. Please provide the quotes to back up what you claim. You seem to be claiming that I "tell others" to withdraw thousands at exorbitant fees. I actually recall writing more than once about advising people never to gamble with money they cannot afford to lose, and also recall stating specifically that once a person is standing in line at the cashier waiting for a cash advance against a credit card, that s/he is in real trouble.



    There is another member here whose posts are blocked to me I logged out and glanced at a few of his posts. Indecipherable: I don't know if it's speak to text problems, or just plain poor grammar but I believe there are statements from that one too that he should back up with direct quotes.



    Quote: Wizard

    Quote: billryan

    Has he ever claimed to play with an edge? link to original post



    I think he does claim that. Let's see what he says.
  • link to original post


    So it's incumbent on me to state that I play with an advantage and describe the advantage, or to state that I play with an advantage?
    Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 24, 2021
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
    darkoz
    darkoz 
    Joined: Dec 22, 2009
    • Threads: 266
    • Posts: 9064
    September 24th, 2021 at 12:52:52 AM permalink
    Quote: MDawg

    Quote: AxelWolf

    He has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't play with an advantage and even went so far as to poopoo those who rely on mathematical advantages to win.

  • link to original post


    Please provide the quotes for when I said that on more than one occasion, no less. Emphases added.



    Quote: darkoz


    For about a year he claimed he absolutely was not an advantage player and had no edge.

    Then for about a year he claimed he was an advantage player with a hidden edge he couldn't discuss unless someone wanted to watch him for $50,000 if memory serves.

    Then he described an advantage that involves guessing the flow of the cards, said description not considered an advantage by any literature written on WOO and probably derided as useless systems on your other site.

    Currently he claims to have "perpetual comps" (his words) while never showing any losses to Casinos in essence claiming casinos will comp forever even when a player consistently wins at negative -ev games. No suspicion, no questions (in fact his hosts compliment him on the fact he always wins).

    He also says he doesn't get offered any Freeplay and he described one trip where the casino said he rated for full RFB but not for freeplay!

  • link to original post



    Please provide quotes to support each of these assertions. You are asserting affirmative claims by me not implied ones, so you should have no problem direct quoting to support what you claim I said. Emphases added.



    Quote: sabre

    It is a stone cold fact that other members of this forum have claimed to have paid 6% withdrawal fees to withdraw thousands of dollars to play baccarat in a manner encouraged by MDawg over phone conversation. If that manner was +EV, then that poster never alluded to +EV play once. They alluded to -EV play based on progressions, card flow, and other voodoo repeatedly. Dozens of times in fact.

    If MDawg is playing -EV and tells others to withdraw thousands at exorbitant fees to play like him then he deserves derision

    If MDawg is playing +EV and tells others to withdraw thousands at exorbitant fees to play -EV then it's frankly much worse.

    I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming it's the former.

    If he's playing +EV and he's encouraging others to pay exorbitant withdrawal fees to play +EV then I honestly have no idea what this whole dog and pony show is about

  • link to original post


    Those are some serious accusations. Please provide the quotes to back up what you claim. You seem to be claiming that I "tell others" to withdraw thousands at exorbitant fees. I actually recall writing more than once about advising people never to gamble with money they cannot afford to lose, and also recall stating specifically that once a person is standing in line at the cashier waiting for a cash advance against a credit card, that s/he is in real trouble.



    There is another member here whose posts are blocked to me I logged out and glanced at a few of his posts. Indecipherable: I don't know if it's speak to text problems, or just plain poor grammar but I believe there are statements from that one too that he should back up with direct quotes.



    Quote: Wizard

    Quote: billryan

    Has he ever claimed to play with an edge? link to original post



    I think he does claim that. Let's see what he says.
  • link to original post


    So it's incumbent on me to state that I play with an advantage and describe the advantage, or to state that I play with an advantage?
  • link to original post



    There are enough people who read and back up what I said that I don't need to peruse hundreds of pages of your threads looking for your statements.

    Here is just one from this current thread where you basically say you receive comps with incurring no losses.

    Quote: MDawg



    After we had been here a couple months, some of my friends started saying, "You could probably just stay there forever without spending a dime." At the time, I thought, maybe, maybe not, but right now - actually - it seems that I could. Would want to, is of course a different matter.

  • link to original post

    For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

    • Jump to: