Poll

7 votes (50%)
7 votes (50%)

14 members have voted

Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 29
December 13th, 2018 at 12:05:34 PM permalink
This is how the bet was described on 2+2.

As some of you may be aware, us poker players like to bet on everything & anything. This is one of the crazier ones Iíve heard of in a while. Figured Iíd share for those interested in this crazy world..

A guy I play with has bet another player 100k he can stay in a DARK bathroom, with no human interaction for 30 days. Iím not 100% on the specifics of the bet, but from what I understand:

*Door will remain unlocked and he can choose to leave (& lose the bet) at anytime.
*There will be literally no light & therefore no real way to gauge day/night/time left in the bet.
*He has a refrigerator (w/no light) & will have ample food/water. Fresh food will be delivered sporadically but itís somehow being done without him having any human interaction?
*He has toiletries, towels, some sort of a bed/pillow, a paddleball & Rubikís cube?
*No alcohol/sleep aids/drugs are allowed.
*He will be given whatever vitamins are needed.
*There is some sort of livestream/camera set-up to ensure no cheating.
*If he stays in the room the full 30 days, he wins 100k. If he gives up, it costs him 100k.

Personally, I think heís an underdog to succeed. I wouldnít do this bet for any amount of money as I think thereís danger of lasting psychological damage for anyone not very experienced with meditation & isolation.

He started a few days ago. Iíll update if I hear anything exciting. What do you guys think? Easy money or drawing dead?
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 32
December 13th, 2018 at 12:18:59 PM permalink
So basically the bet is can you go 30 days without your cellphone? Easy money for me. My kids? No way.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 29
December 13th, 2018 at 12:20:15 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

So basically the bet is can you go 30 days without your cellphone? Easy money for me. My kids? No way.

No light. No human contact.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
December 13th, 2018 at 12:39:18 PM permalink
It really depends on the man and if he has had training/ experience. My military training taught me to do much more than I thought I could do. It comes down to self- discipline.
I'd think anyone that has been through SEER training could do it sitting on their thumbs. Likewise, many hardened convicts.
Could I do it? No way. I flipped out during the last MRI I had.

I'd freeroll it for 100K, hoping to get through somehow but no way I'd put up a sizable amount as a wager.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
December 13th, 2018 at 12:41:22 PM permalink
Let's see, an hour in the dark awake will probably seem like 1.5, So may seem like 45 days.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
December 13th, 2018 at 1:12:03 PM permalink
Intriguing.

First thought is how hard could it be. For me 100k is life changing so I think I could do it. People get stuck in the hole in prison all the time and survive. This would be easier than thst.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
billryan
billryan
December 13th, 2018 at 1:19:09 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Intriguing.

First thought is how hard could it be. For me 100k is life changing so I think I could do it. People get stuck in the hole in prison all the time and survive. This would be easier than thst.

I'll book that bet.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
December 13th, 2018 at 1:19:21 PM permalink
What good is a Rubik's cube with no light? If you can't see the faces, it better have some braille style markings.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
billryan
billryan
December 13th, 2018 at 1:26:02 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

What good is a Rubik's cube with no light? If you can't see the faces, it better have some braille style markings.

I'd solve it in the first thirty seconds, only to be disappointed later.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 232
December 13th, 2018 at 1:39:33 PM permalink
How big is the space? Is the bathroom the size you find on an airplane, or at the LVCC?

If there is space to move, it is certainly doable. I'd lean toward 66% more likely to succeed than fail. If you are willing to escrow $100k against my 0, I'd give it a go, as long as the bathroom had enough space to stretch out.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

• Jump to: