Thread Rating:

pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
October 30th, 2011 at 11:45:15 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

On the not so bright side, the last place to look for the meaning of the name is at Tres Marías. But I can look it up online someday.

Donde esta los tres marias? Los islas de Nayarit?

¿Son las Tres Marías en Michoacán recurso?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1398
October 30th, 2011 at 11:59:42 AM permalink
Maria Cleofas? I've never heard of her. However, I did find something about her at es.catholic.net.

Tal vez, FrGamble puede ayudarlos.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 30th, 2011 at 12:16:32 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Donde esta los tres marias? Los islas de Nayarit?

EstáN y LAS islas.

Anyway, no. Those are called Islas Marías and are bets known for having a federal prison in one of them (don't know which one).

There's a flyspeck on the map of Morelos called Tres Marías, which is a very small town of under 6,000. I'm sure more tourists and travelers stop by for breakfast each week, if not each day. assuming it is where I think it is. I only drive to cuernavaca on business, and on the way over I never stop. I hardly ever stop for any reason when going somewhere on business. I credit that, in part, for my perfect on-time record, too.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
October 30th, 2011 at 12:56:14 PM permalink
Hago tarea do la misteriosa tercero Mary. It seems it refers one of three women that tagged around with Jesus. She is only mentioned by name in this passage:

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. -- John 19:25

You can't tell from this passage alone, but I think "Mary the wife of Cleophas" is referring to Jesus' tia.

There is support for the "three Marys" in the gospel of Philip, which Protestants do not recognize in the biblical cannon:

There were three who always walked with the Lord: Mary, his mother, and her sister, and Magdalene, the one who was called his companion. His sister and his mother and his companion were each a Mary -- Somewhere in Philip

We indeed may need to call in FrG to shed some luz onto this.
pacomartin
pacomartin
October 30th, 2011 at 2:06:25 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Hago tarea do la misteriosa tercero Mary. It seems it refers one of three women that tagged around with Jesus. She is only mentioned by name in this passage:

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. -- John 19:25

You can't tell from this passage along, but I think "Mary the wife of Cleophas" is referring to Jesus' tia.

There is support for the "three Marys" in the gospel of Philip, which Protestants do not recognize in the biblical cannon:

There were three who always walked with the Lord: Mary, his mother, and her sister, and Magdalene, the one who was called his companion. His sister and his mother and his companion were each a Mary -- Somewhere in Philip

We indeed may need to call in FrG to shed some luz onto this.

Senor Jack Nickolas diseño el campo de golf llama "Tres Marias". Estan cerca Morelia, Michoacan. ( 19°42'28.46"N - 101° 6'25.06"W )
También "Las Tres Marias" es un pueblo en Morelos, en la media de Cuernavaca y Ciudad de Mexico.
También "Las Tres Marias" son tres islas en el Pacifico.

------------------------------
Las tres Marías bíblicos que fueron al sepulcro de Jesús en los Evangelios.
Los cuatro evangelios incluir una mención del incidente, pero sólo Marcos (16:01) identifica a los tres.
Los tres son:
María Magdalena
María de Cleofás
María, madre de Santiago.

María, la madre de Jesús no es uno de ellos.

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 30th, 2011 at 2:12:48 PM permalink

Hago tarea do la misteriosa tercero Mary.

That seems more like Portuguese than Spanish.

"Hago la tarea DE la misteriosa tercerA MarIA

Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
October 30th, 2011 at 2:40:03 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

María, madre de Santiago.

¿Quien era Santiago? I thought I knew a thing or two about the bible but I have no idea about anybody by that name. I dug up this web site, but this sounds more like a character in a game or something.

I'm not ready to concede the point on this one yet. I still suspect Jesus' mother was one of the Marys. If not, who is the island Maria Madre referring to?
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
October 30th, 2011 at 3:22:30 PM permalink

¿Quien era Santiago?

Creo que "Santiago" es un nombre se traduce como "James".

My given name is "James", and my 8th grade teacher said that would be "Diego" in Spanish. Later, a South American friend named Jaime told me that his name and mine were the same and that there is not an English version of Diego. Later, I heard that Santiago is a version of James. Help???
pacomartin
pacomartin
October 30th, 2011 at 4:05:40 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

¿Quien era Santiago?

Creo que "Santiago" es un nombre se traduce como "James".

My given name is "James", and my 8th grade teacher said that would be "Diego" in Spanish. Later, a South American friend named Jaime told me that his name and mine were the same and that there is not an English version of Diego. Later, I heard that Santiago is a version of James. Help???

James and Santiago are the same.

"Sant Iago," was first used to denote Saint James the Great, the brother of John the Apostle.

It was also the tradition that Saint James (Santiago) had traveled to the Iberian Peninsula during his life and was buried there. The medieval pilgrimage was the Christian equivalent of the trip to Mecca. The trip was traditionally referred to as The Way and is the subject of the current movie with Martin Sheen and Emilio Esteves.

Another variant is Diego, as in San Diego so your South American friend was wrong.

========================
Wizard.

I talked with my mother (more of a biblical scholar) and I also checked Wikipedia. She said there is a historical discrepancy about the exact idenity of the three Marys.
The "three Marys" does traditionally refer to (1) Mother Mary of Jesus (2) Her sister who is also Mary, and (3) Mary Magdalena. But in trying to reconcile the different gospels in the bible, they often identify three Marys who went to the tomb of Jesus to discover that it was empty. Hence the traditional identification of Salome with Mary. You can find paintings all through history called the thee Marys at the tomb.

In this case, the Virgin Mary was at the crucifixion of her son, but she did not go to the tomb to discover it empty.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
October 30th, 2011 at 4:33:02 PM permalink
Paco, gracias a tu y su madre para su ayadar. Pero creí que Salome era la hermana de Jesus.

Tambien, en el biblia Español, es James (in English, as in the book of "James") se llama Santiago?

• Jump to: