3 votes (13.63%)
6 votes (27.27%)

22 members have voted

PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 20
February 20th, 2019 at 10:37:02 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

No offense taken. It is no big secret numbers have been dwindling. I think it worth discussing if we should keep doing it.

We had 20 people last year, thatís more than enough to organize a dinner for imo.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 41
February 20th, 2019 at 10:46:09 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I might come if I am not gonna get driven out to the desert with a shovel by some of my fellow AP's

Also gotta check on costs of helicopter service NY to Vegas

Darkoz, I will buy a used car and drive all the way to Vegas picking u up along the way. But make sure we can AP enough to cover the costs.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
February 20th, 2019 at 10:49:12 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

No offense taken. It is no big secret numbers have been dwindling. I think it worth discussing if we should keep doing it.

Itís obvious what kinda spark these meetups need.

So letís just see if Nathan responds.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 88
February 20th, 2019 at 11:27:44 AM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Itís obvious what kinda spark these meetups need.

So letís just see if Nathan responds.

or Juicy Jennie. Could have them share a room. I will drive to Florida and pick up Nathan since nathan says she doesnt like to fly. Only caveat is she must get Kentry to come too.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
February 20th, 2019 at 12:45:15 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

or Juicy Jennie.

She can squeeze it into her schedule , just depends on how many chippies are in it for her.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 13
February 20th, 2019 at 12:54:25 PM permalink
I did not select a time, but do look forward to attending. I will let others decide a date, particularly those traveling (driving/flying/helicopter/bus) to Vegas.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
February 20th, 2019 at 1:09:23 PM permalink
I have not yet voted in the poll, and my head seems to be spinning without the ability to select an option.

My records indicate that this will be the ninth consecutive year for a springtime WoV gathering, with the event called "WoVCon" for the first few years and subsequently "Spring Fling." I have attended seven of the first eight such events, so I consider myself a bit of a regular. And (so far) I have nothing scheduled for any of the weekends listed in the poll. And I still don't know whether I will be able to attend, because these things seem to slip out of my control without any warning.

Two years ago I had all of my plans laid out and then missed the Spring Fling due to a death in the family. Last year, I attended, but I wasn't a pleasant guy to be around, because I was experiencing my first-ever bout of kidney stones, with no hint about that issue until after I had booked flights and a room. Right now I am dealing with a deteriorating hip, and it is quite possible that I could go under the knife for that before spring arrives, and I don't know what the recovery/physical therapy schedule for such things is like. And I have an appointment in April to follow up with my urologist about those kidney stones and what needs to be done about the ones that are still inside me. It's a bit like that saying: "It's hell getting old, but it's better than the alternative, maybe."

Assuming that I do make it for this next Spring Fling, my preferences would be for it to be scheduled in conjunction with bargain fares from the airlines and inexpensive rooms in Las Vegas. After all, I am an admitted cheapskate. I just haven't yet checked into what the offered room and/or flight prices are during this period.

I am curious about constraints/preferences others might have regarding day of the week. Our first WoVCon was held on a Wednesday evening, but since then the main event has always been held on Saturday evening, with auxiliary events extending over a three or four day period, maybe more. Is it important to folks for the main event to be on Saturday? Of course, part of this cheapskate's motivation in asking the question is that weekends are generally the expensive nights in Las Vegas. I do recognize that some WoV members have those annoying day jobs M-F, but I don't know to what extent that represents a constraint. Comments?
happahero
happahero
  • Threads: 7
February 20th, 2019 at 1:49:45 PM permalink
Iím down, any dates any time.
Dost thou even hoist
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 17
February 20th, 2019 at 2:07:58 PM permalink
Has there ever been a Spring Fling on the East Coast?
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 59
February 20th, 2019 at 2:51:27 PM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

Has there ever been a Spring Fling on the East Coast?

We don't believe in such foolishness.

AFATSFG, I'm good for whenever. Obviously if I gotta travel for work then I wouldn't be able to make it.
нет сговор. нет непроходимость. полный освобождение от ответственности.

• Jump to: