Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 6th, 2023 at 8:37:13 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

[

I had an employee had his paycheck wiped down to about $40 for a week (1997) because of child support for a kid he had not seen in 18 years. Guy was a drunk then, cleaned up his life, but support for a then adult kid was wiping him out. Poor guy died a week before it was cleared up.
link to original post

I knew a woman who had a kid out of wedlock when she was 23 and she latched on to a 19-year-old kid who was just starting in his family business which was a very successful business and she screwed his socks off until he married her and legally adopted the kid when it was born. She stayed married to him for 3 years until he got really successful then she divorced him and hit him for child support that was not even his kid DNA wise. He paid child support on that kid until he was 18 and then her state passed a law that if the kid goes to college the guy has to continue paying child support. He fought it but he ended up paying child support till the kid was 21. It was a horror story and she loved every minute of it. She would laugh and laugh about it. I'm telling you women are not who men think they are for the most part, just under the surface many of them are vultures. The funny thing is his family warn them about her way back when they first got together and he wouldn't listen because she did the typical woman thing and had endless sex with him until he married her. Works every time on a 19-year-old.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 5
March 6th, 2023 at 10:39:46 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

[

I had an employee had his paycheck wiped down to about $40 for a week (1997) because of child support for a kid he had not seen in 18 years. Guy was a drunk then, cleaned up his life, but support for a then adult kid was wiping him out. Poor guy died a week before it was cleared up.
link to original post

I knew a woman who had a kid out of wedlock when she was 23 and she latched on to a 19-year-old kid who was just starting in his family business which was a very successful business and she screwed his socks off until he married her and legally adopted the kid when it was born. She stayed married to him for 3 years until he got really successful then she divorced him and hit him for child support that was not even his kid DNA wise. He paid child support on that kid until he was 18 and then her state passed a law that if the kid goes to college the guy has to continue paying child support. He fought it but he ended up paying child support till the kid was 21. It was a horror story and she loved every minute of it. She would laugh and laugh about it. I'm telling you women are not who men think they are for the most part, just under the surface many of them are vultures. The funny thing is his family warn them about her way back when they first got together and he wouldn't listen because she did the typical woman thing and had endless sex with him until he married her. Works every time on a 19-year-old.
link to original post

These collective stories are the reason why MA divorce laws are awesome. Length of time for alimony is indexed to the length of the marriage. No more lifetime support, unless the marriage was over 20 years. The amount of alimony is generally determined by a percentage formula, Alimony ends if the receiving ex-spouse moves in with a new bf or gf. Child support determined by a worksheet that judges absolutely cannot deviate from, unless in cases of extreme wealth or extreme poverty.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 7th, 2023 at 2:43:55 AM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

These collective stories are the reason why MA divorce laws are awesome. Length of time for alimony is indexed to the length of the marriage. No more lifetime support, unless the marriage was over 20 years. The amount of alimony is generally determined by a percentage formula, Alimony ends if the receiving ex-spouse moves in with a new bf or gf. Child support determined by a worksheet that judges absolutely cannot deviate from, unless in cases of extreme wealth or extreme poverty.
link to original post

The problem with the formulas is the guy has a good year and they hit him. His income goes down and it takes forever to reduce it.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 7th, 2023 at 2:48:48 AM permalink

[

link to original post

link to original post

In a way he is lucky as I have heard of kids suing this kind of "dad" to pay for their college.

The bachelor channels I described earlier sometimes have dating site profiles. There are women on them that are pregnant and stating it right in the ad! What kind of guy is going to respond to that?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
Dieter
March 7th, 2023 at 4:01:18 AM permalink
How about we empower women to make a lot more money than men? That way they will be paying the alimony after the divorce.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
March 7th, 2023 at 7:17:13 AM permalink

link to original post

This sounds reasonably equitable.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 7th, 2023 at 8:24:08 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

How about we empower women to make a lot more money than men? That way they will be paying the alimony after the divorce.
link to original post

They already are.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
March 7th, 2023 at 8:39:40 AM permalink
The real killer is the plummeting birth rates in the western world. Unfortunately, discussing root causes would almost certainly become political.

I will say that my wife's sister won't date anyone who doesn't have at least a master's degree. She also complains a lot about being lonely.

Meanwhile, neither of my two daughters say they want kids. The older one says she doesn't want to bring anyone into this cruel world of ours, but I suspect that money and the hassles of childrearing are closer to the truth. My younger one is more honest: She hates kids
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
March 7th, 2023 at 9:04:14 AM permalink
If we want to give our girls the same access to education, training, employment with full and equal opportunity for advancement, completely close the income gap and have public and private spaces free of sexual harassment, you'll get no argument from practically anyone.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
March 7th, 2023 at 9:10:44 AM permalink

link to original post

The problem with the formulas is the guy has a good year and they hit him. His income goes down and it takes forever to reduce it.
link to original post

Again, not in MA. The formula is the formula. End of discussion, as far as the law is concerned. There are provisions for recalculating alimony and child support periodically after a set period of time, either up or down.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
March 7th, 2023 at 9:11:50 AM permalink

[

link to original post

link to original post

In a way he is lucky as I have heard of kids suing this kind of "dad" to pay for their college.

The bachelor channels I described earlier sometimes have dating site profiles. There are women on them that are pregnant and stating it right in the ad! What kind of guy is going to respond to that?
link to original post

There's someone out there for everyone...
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
March 7th, 2023 at 10:59:21 AM permalink
I’m way more fine with falling birth rates and have way more issues of exponential growth.

If a deer population dies of famine, that’s bad for them suffering and all.. If they stop having sex, well as far as I know no species has ever gone extinct just from reduction of sex.

(While I believe in core support like SS, while it can be supported, there’s no point in trying to get blood from a rock.
And you help weak people as long as you can, and only eat them when you don’t have any more options, and not a minute earlier than necessary)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
March 7th, 2023 at 11:17:12 AM permalink
There was a guy who had a collection of glass eyes. All neatly paired on shelves in a room. His relatively new bride one day thought it would be funny to cross all of them. When he got home and saw all those crossed eyes he got so mad he divorced her.

True story? I don’t know.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 7th, 2023 at 4:06:58 PM permalink

If we want to give our girls the same access to education, training, employment with full and equal opportunity for advancement, completely close the income gap and have public and private spaces free of sexual harassment, you'll get no argument from practically anyone.
link to original post

Opportunity has been there for 40 years now. They have to take it.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
March 7th, 2023 at 4:28:58 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Unequal treatment in the workplace still exists. Sexism in education still exists. Income gap still exists.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 7th, 2023 at 5:13:03 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Unequal treatment in the workplace still exists. Sexism in education still exists. Income gap still exists.
link to original post

I agree. Any kind of "diversity program" excludes white males. Education puts men down all the time. And there will be an income gap as long as women take more time off and choose lower paying jobs.

I repeat, the opportunity has been there for over 40 years. It is up to women to answer the knock.
rxwine
rxwine
March 7th, 2023 at 6:39:51 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I agree. Any kind of "diversity program" excludes white males. Education puts men down all the time. And there will be an income gap as long as women take more time off and choose lower paying jobs.

I repeat, the opportunity has been there for over 40 years. It is up to women to answer the knock.
link to original post

Yeah, white men may one day get those equal rights denied them since the founding of the USA. Amazing they had to wait so much longer than other groups.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2023 at 3:55:12 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Yeah, white men may one day get those equal rights denied them since the founding of the USA. Amazing they had to wait so much longer than other groups.
link to original post

I love hoe some people defend outright discrimination against white males with such sarcasm. Shows what is really going on in this world.

Call me when a want ad ends with "whites and males encouraged to apply."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2023 at 4:10:31 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

The real killer is the plummeting birth rates in the western world. Unfortunately, discussing root causes would almost certainly become political.

I will say that my wife's sister won't date anyone who doesn't have at least a master's degree. She also complains a lot about being lonely.

Meanwhile, neither of my two daughters say they want kids. The older one says she doesn't want to bring anyone into this cruel world of ours, but I suspect that money and the hassles of childrearing are closer to the truth. My younger one is more honest: She hates kids
link to original post

The excuse of "this cruel world of ours" as a reason to not have kids gives me mixed reactions. On one hand it is an excuse to avoid saying you just do not want kids. OTOH even in my own life as late as my 30s and in the aughts (2000s for those of you in Rio Linda) I danced around it with people. My then new boss asked when I wanted kids and I said "in my 30s maybe" which was then a few years away. Was no use saying "I hope never" at best and a career killer at worst. You want to avoid upsetting people you say something to dance around it.

OTOOH, a low total fertility rate is a sign of a society in decline and trouble. Former USSR Republics are the best example. So little hope for their futures amongst the peoples for decades they are just not reproducing. EU countries it is a little different. Their rate fell sooner, in what almost seems to be a post-WWII hangover of a continent that simply had a war every generation so why bother.

Japan and South Korea have stressed themselves out of wanting kids. Like most things with those two, Japan started sooner but S Korea as a society is a bit of "Japan on steroids" so their rate fell later but far faster. Both places are so focused on personal success said success defined so narrow that the whole population seems manically depressed. S. Korea total fertility rate could soon fall below 1.0! That, folks, is a sickly population.

Then there is the USA. We had wars like the EU but not like them as the wars never hit the homefront. We had a push for personal success but not the same as in Asia. America kept a higher total fertility rate than the rest of the developed world because Americans always seemed to have a more positive outlook.........

........until about 2010. Something happened then, probably a mix of the 2008 financial crisis and recession after which while other recessions were worse the media made that one out to be the end of the world as we know it. Mix in that the millennial generation was then hitting child bearing years and they and Gen X grew up in lets call it the "divorce era" when old school family life was breaking down so less and less memories of the childhoods former generations remembered, It adds up to more Americans saying "no kids, thanks for asking!"

Note: Formatting fixed by moderator
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Mar 8, 2023
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
March 8th, 2023 at 9:45:03 AM permalink
ALERT! WHITE MALE VICTIMHOOD ALERT!

Whoever had "white" and "male" on their grievance play, step right up and collect your winnings on the winning exacta! Throw in "straight" or "Christian" and win on the trifecta wheel! Play all four and win big on the superfecta!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2023 at 11:10:12 AM permalink

Whoever had "white" and "male" on their grievance play, step right up and collect your winnings on the winning exacta! Throw in "straight" or "Christian" and win on the trifecta wheel! Play all four and win big on the superfecta!
link to original post

You win the superfecta! You are the only group that does not get any special preferences from governments, colleges, etc! You are the only group that employers do not get to "check a box" for. You are the only group that knows you made it on merit, not a "program."

You are the only group that can be openly made fun of in popular culture. And you are the only group that gets told you should be ashamed of yourself for things done by other people that "look like you" 100+ years before you are born. But if this is not enough, the same people that tell you to be ashamed say that something is wrong with accomplishments of "rich white guys" in history because they were white.

You are the group that people who claim to "hate racism" act openly racist against. They they deny they are acting racist against whites, when their own standards would call their behavior racist if the same was done to "minorities,"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 8th, 2023 at 11:18:36 AM permalink

link to original post

You win the superfecta! You are the only group that does not get any special preferences from governments, colleges, etc! You are the only group that employers do not get to "check a box" for. You are the only group that knows you made it on merit, not a "program."

You are the only group that can be openly made fun of in popular culture. And you are the only group that gets told you should be ashamed of yourself for things done by other people that "look like you" 100+ years before you are born. But if this is not enough, the same people that tell you to be ashamed say that something is wrong with accomplishments of "rich white guys" in history because they were white.

You are the group that people who claim to "hate racism" act openly racist against. They they deny they are acting racist against whites, when their own standards would call their behavior racist if the same was done to "minorities,"
link to original post

Scott Adams the cartoonist who recently got canceled because he makes racist comments like saying he was told to his face in the 1980s that he would never get a promotion because he was white and male and he's being called a bald-faced liar. Which is ridiculous because in the 1980s I heard that all the time when I had the cab company people would tell me who worked for General Motors that they were told by their boss that they would not be promoted because they were white and affirmative action guaranteed that they would always be stuck on the production floor. I heard this all the time so I know it was true and I know what Scott Adams says is true.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
March 8th, 2023 at 12:02:51 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I’m playing the tiniest violin in world for you and shedding one molecule of tears.
billryan
billryan
March 8th, 2023 at 2:38:31 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Just how broken are you?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
March 8th, 2023 at 2:40:35 PM permalink
Just imagine how more successful White males would be if they weren't being constantly held down by The Man...
billryan
billryan
March 8th, 2023 at 2:40:43 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I, too, was cursed at birth by white skin and middle-class parents. A lifetime of oppression might have left me bitter and broken, but beer got me thru my darkest hours.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 8th, 2023 at 3:04:59 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

link to original post

I, too, was cursed at birth by white skin and middle-class parents. A lifetime of oppression might have left me bitter and broken, but beer got me thru my darkest hours.
link to original post

For me it would be alcohol and promiscuous sex with anyone who would have me (not racist).
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
March 8th, 2023 at 3:29:10 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

For me it would be alcohol and promiscuous sex with anyone who would have me (not racist).
link to original post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXyrYMxa-VI
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
March 8th, 2023 at 3:29:10 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXyrYMxa-VI
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2023 at 4:04:56 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

link to original post

I’m playing the tiniest violin in world for you and shedding one molecule of tears.
link to original post

You forgot to add openly promoting racist policies. But like I pointed out it is OK in some circles to be racist as long as it is against the right people.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2023 at 4:30:13 PM permalink

Scott Adams the cartoonist who recently got canceled because he makes racist comments like saying he was told to his face in the 1980s that he would never get a promotion because he was white and male and he's being called a bald-faced liar. Which is ridiculous because in the 1980s I heard that all the time when I had the cab company people would tell me who worked for General Motors that they were told by their boss that they would not be promoted because they were white and affirmative action guaranteed that they would always be stuck on the production floor. I heard this all the time so I know it was true and I know what Scott Adams says is true.
link to original post

I heard those stories back in the day. Sometimes it was more subtle other times everyone knew there was an outright quota. The Pittsburgh Police Department had outright quotas for years. Things got more subtle in the 1990s when "affirmative action" became "diversity." On an exit interview once I was asked what I thought of the company diversity efforts and I told them it was like living in "1984." She actually wrote that I said it like that.

I have no desire left to be promoted at work, I put my effort into my own side hustles and projects. Not worth selling your soul to them.
billryan
billryan
March 8th, 2023 at 5:35:32 PM permalink
Right on, brother. Fight the power. Damn the man!
  • Jump to: