No votes (0%)
4 votes (12.12%)

33 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
July 6th, 2018 at 9:07:19 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

This all occurred yesterday, and we just ran out of time, I was pm'ing some of my team members back and forth until late in the evening (11:00 pm) trying to inform them and get some consensus on what to do. It was just too late to drop a giant bombshell in this thread. It would have been chaos and most people would not have seen it in time to do something.

All of our PM exchanges between Team2 members mentioned pooling the money as a criteria for doing it.

I don't see anyone from Team 7 (onm's team) standing up and saying they will pool money ,and yet virtually all of us from Team#2 are saying that. Basically, I think Team #2 saved 5 dollars for the pool. We really expected to be praised for being smart and to be thanked for rescuing a share of the winnings from onm's team.

And Romes and Axel and Prozema, all the info was there for you guys as well. You could have reviewed the posts of the captains like I did, and seen what onm had posted like I did. You could have sent a PM to onm and learned what I had learned - but apparently you didn't. Late on Wednesday night you could have made a decision to steal in order to keep some of the $10 away from onm's team - but you didn't. I think all of you guys are very intelligent guys but in Round#3 you were lethargic and asleep at the switch and it was not your best moment.

I'm not going to pursue the revealing of pms against you, but we need to stop it. Truthfully you are obligated to just eat your pride being unable to justify your actions. That's what I would have done, I take it pretty seriously, definitely not revealing private things publicly. I'd have to forget it was private in the first place, and if I had any doubts, I would have bit my tongue. I could have lied to you, but I didn't, guess that's a mistake only game related. Thought about it, but I considered lying for the game to not be worth it at the time and pretty much still do.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
July 6th, 2018 at 9:20:40 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Whats that's supposed to mean? Romes ya, of course, but why me?

You're very intelligent and resourceful. I need to see a real motivation for you using your valuable time on something not worthy of a single post from all of us. Maybe we're just all posting from the toilet justifying our time wasting.
I am a robot.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 6th, 2018 at 10:41:11 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

...Romes isn't my captain.

I'm not my own captain. I specifically bowed out of taking any kind of leadership role in this game, or aftermath.

It's more about misappropriation the joke, since Axelwolf and Romes are going to screw everyone over when the game is done.

I have specifically said I don't want to take part in the leadership of what happens during or after the game (other than that I think we should pool the winnings). Everyone else can have fun running that mess that I didn't volunteer for last time.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 7th, 2018 at 12:50:59 AM permalink
Sounds like everyone is having a really fun time.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
July 7th, 2018 at 1:01:43 AM permalink
Ex captain SOOPOO is reading this on my Avalon cruise ship deck drenched in the sun in Amsterdam with my hot fiancée next to me.... and I’m reading a thread about what is happening to 58 cents per person! Re-evaluation time!
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
July 7th, 2018 at 2:56:00 AM permalink

And Romes and Axel and Prozema, all the info was there for you guys as well. You could have reviewed the posts of the captains like I did, and seen what onm had posted like I did. You could have sent a PM to onm and learned what I had learned - but apparently you didn't. Late on Wednesday night you could have made a decision to steal in order to keep some of the $10 away from onm's team - but you didn't. I think all of you guys are very intelligent guys but in Round#3 you were lethargic and asleep at the switch and it was not your best moment.

Hold on a second... Don't lump me in with the smart people.
troopscott
troopscott
  • Threads: 20
July 7th, 2018 at 7:01:14 AM permalink

I'm not going to pursue the revealing of pms against you, but we need to stop it. Truthfully you are obligated to just eat your pride being unable to justify your actions. That's what I would have done, I take it pretty seriously, definitely not revealing private things publicly. I'd have to forget it was private in the first place, and if I had any doubts, I would have bit my tongue. I could have lied to you, but I didn't, guess that's a mistake only game related. Thought about it, but I considered lying for the game to not be worth it at the time and pretty much still do.

Cant we all be friends

Someone take our $20 and bet
DANIEL CORMIER
DERRICK LEWIS
MICHAEL CHIESA
PAULO COSTA
RAPHAEL ASSUNCAO
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Romes
July 7th, 2018 at 7:31:39 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

I'm not my own captain. I specifically bowed out of taking any kind of leadership role in this game, or aftermath.

I have specifically said I don't want to take part in the leadership of what happens during or after the game (other than that I think we should pool the winnings). Everyone else can have fun running that mess that I didn't volunteer for last time.

I think that Romes is one of the nicest most civil people in WOV but when I called Romes "lethargic" a little while ago, LOL, I think its about the nicest thing anyone has said about him in this thread.

We need to find a new name for this game. Something like:

- The Ripping Sound You Hear Is Coming From Your Rectum Game

Maybe "The Ripping Sound Game" for short.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
July 7th, 2018 at 12:05:42 PM permalink

Nobody lying, you're just confused.
Romes isn't my captain.

If you did not vote in Round 1, you could/should have been removed from the game (unless you got an exemption from the Wiz).
Romes was your team captain for Round 2. Only team captains voted for round 2.
Keeneone
Keeneone
Thanked by
troopscott
July 7th, 2018 at 2:25:21 PM permalink
Quote: troopscott

Cant we all be friends

DANIEL CORMIER
DERRICK LEWIS
MICHAEL CHIESA
PAULO COSTA
RAPHAEL ASSUNCAO

Ok. I parlayed the main card fights.
If it connects, I will add the value of the ticket to the parlay pool of this game.

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
July 7th, 2018 at 2:40:19 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

If you did not vote in Round 1, you could/should have been removed from the game (unless you got an exemption from the Wiz).
Romes was your team captain for Round 2. Only team captains voted for round 2.

I didn't even realize how it worked in round 2, never communicated with Romes. In round 3, nobody communicated with me that was on my team. In round 4, I didn't communicate with the captain. I just figured captains voted how they wanted to. Of course I did vote in round 1, but it wasn't in advance, so didn't mention it, because it wasn't in context.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
July 7th, 2018 at 2:43:44 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Sorry the formatting of the round 3 table was screwed up. I just fixed it.

Let's keep the rules the same in round 4 as round 3, except I'll double the pot to $20. However, if nobody steals, I'll double it to $40. Here are the round 4 teams. As usual, name listed first is the team captain. Votes will be due at 9 AM Vegas time on July 12. So you have plenty of time to cooperate.

Team Players Vote
1 Jufo81,Torghatten,MaxPen,gordonm888,miplet ?
2 gamerfreak,prozema,Dalex64,SOOPOO,MidwestAP ?
3 PlayYourCardsRight,Romes,OnceDear,MidwestAP,Keeneone ?
4 Joeman,onenickelmiracle,Ayecarumba,GWAE,JohnnyQ ?
5 beachbumbabs,AxelWolf,SM777,Jmarch79,UKMark ?
6 PokerGrinder,djatc,DJTeddyBear,billryan,Mikey75 ?
7 Nathan,troopscott,Face,RS ?

When you move your eyes, you are blind.
I am a robot.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
July 7th, 2018 at 5:50:23 PM permalink
My God! The teams have been shuffled! I was on ONM's team not too long ago! Now I am on Face's team!
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 7th, 2018 at 5:59:19 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

My God! The teams have been shuffled! I was on ONM's team not too long ago! Now I am on Face's team!

Right behind you, my liege. Lead us to the Promised Land.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Nathan
Nathan
July 7th, 2018 at 6:13:22 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Right behind you, my liege. Lead us to the Promised Land.

I don't think I can lead anyone to The Promised Land. ;) Face, as an Admin, you are more likely to do that over me. :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
prozema
prozema
Thanked by
Jmarch79
July 7th, 2018 at 6:57:10 PM permalink

I don't think I can lead anyone to The Promised Land. ;) Face, as an Admin, you are more likely to do that over me. :)

Uh, you are a captin this round.
Nathan
Nathan
July 7th, 2018 at 7:20:23 PM permalink
Quote: prozema

When did I become a Captain? O.O WIZARD, you got some 'splaining to do!,(I Love Lucy reference. ;))
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 7th, 2018 at 7:23:05 PM permalink

I feel sorry for my team. 🤯🔫
billryan
billryan
July 7th, 2018 at 7:27:19 PM permalink
I'm beginning to see the depravity that lurks in the wizards soul.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 7th, 2018 at 8:59:12 PM permalink
The only way to maximize the pool is for all to share. I'm hoping all do.
Nathan
Nathan
July 7th, 2018 at 9:03:51 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Hey, I would think you'd want me to be a Captain, judging by your rocking signature, ;)
Keeneone
Keeneone
July 7th, 2018 at 9:34:05 PM permalink

Cant we all be friends

DANIEL CORMIER
DERRICK LEWIS
MICHAEL CHIESA
PAULO COSTA
RAPHAEL ASSUNCAO

If I am reading the results correctly, 4 of 5 wins here (including some upsets). Tip of the hat to you sir. Unfortunately, no win for the parlay pool.

Quote: SOOPOO

Indeed.
billryan
billryan
July 7th, 2018 at 9:48:44 PM permalink
Isn't a smaller pool, with less participants just as good, if not better.
troopscott
troopscott
July 7th, 2018 at 9:51:01 PM permalink

If I am reading the results correctly, 4 of 5 wins here (including some upsets). Tip of the hat to you sir. Unfortunately, no win for the parlay pool.

Indeed.

Yeah a couple live dogs won. The one that lost had some weight cut issues and I should have stayed away from him. Thanks for trying for the pool
Keeneone
Keeneone
July 7th, 2018 at 10:01:26 PM permalink

Yeah a couple live dogs won. The one that lost had some weight cut issues and I should have stayed away from him. Thanks for trying for the pool

My pleasure, thank you for posting the selections.

Quote: billryan

There is plenty of room for 40ish players to cooperate in the pool:

billryan
billryan
July 7th, 2018 at 11:30:32 PM permalink

My pleasure, thank you for posting the selections.

There is plenty of room for 40ish players to cooperate in the pool:

You can have it.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
July 8th, 2018 at 1:18:49 AM permalink

No NO NOOOOOO!
The way to maximise the pool and get $50 is for 3 teams to vote share. 3 teams to vote steal and my team to vote steal..... Is nobody reading my posts?

Extra money for the pot
Quote: OnceDear

I'll contribute $6 of my own money to each of the members of my team( team 3 ) on the condition that...
3 of the other teams vote share
and
3 of the other teams vote steal
and
PlayYourCardsRight votes Steal on behalf of my team. [edit corrected name]

That potentially throws $20 back in Wizard's face and 'takes' $30 off me instead.

And I don't know if my team members have committed to pooling their winnings at the end...

So, there's now either $20 up for grabs off Wizard, $40 up for grabs off Wizard, or $50 up for grabs off Me and Wizard
and you get to 'stick it to that Limey moderator'.... Hmmm. Am I selling this opportunity too well?

Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 1:55:08 AM permalink

'stick it to that Limey moderator'

Right dammit. I didn't get your attention before so I'll increase my offer/bribe.

I'll contribute $12 of my own money to each of the members of my team( team 3 ) (an extra $60 in total!!!) on the condition that ...
3 of the other teams vote share (That's 'other than my team')
and
3 of the other teams vote steal (That's 'other than my team')
and

That potentially throws $20 back in Wizard's face and 'takes' $60 off me instead.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 8th, 2018 at 2:06:43 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

You sound like a Republican.... Not the Democrat I know you to be!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 8th, 2018 at 2:08:20 AM permalink

No NO NOOOOOO!
The way to maximise the pool and get $50 is for 3 teams to vote share. 3 teams to vote steal and my team to vote steal..... Is nobody reading my posts?

Extra money for the pot

I'll contribute $6 of my own money to each of the members of my team( team 3 ) on the condition that...
3 of the other teams vote share
and
3 of the other teams vote steal
and

That potentially throws $20 back in Wizard's face and 'takes' $30 off me instead.

And I don't know if my team members have committed to pooling their winnings at the end...

So, there's now either $20 up for grabs off Wizard, $40 up for grabs off Wizard, or $50 up for grabs off Me and Wizard
and you get to 'stick it to that Limey moderator'.... Hmmm. Am I selling this opportunity too well?

I do not know you well enough to get the enjoyment of getting the extra few dollars from you. I do know Mike and want to drain his account!
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 2:13:27 AM permalink

I do not know you well enough to get the enjoyment of getting the extra few dollars from you. I do know Mike and want to drain his account!

Few extra dollars!!!
LOL.
So you'd rather take $40 from your friend than $20 from your friend and $60 from that limey moderator.
20+60=80 >40

What madness is this? The captains will decide. Let's see how good they are.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
July 8th, 2018 at 2:31:43 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Quote: AxelWolf

7 Nathan. YOU GUYS ARE F**KED.

♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Jufo81
Jufo81
  • Threads: 6
Thanked by
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 3:54:05 AM permalink

Few extra dollars!!!
LOL.
So you'd rather take $40 from your friend than $20 from your friend and $60 from that limey moderator.
20+60=80 >40

What madness is this? The captains will decide. Let's see how good they are.

The problem is that it is more difficult to pull off the 4-3 steal-share split successfully than to just agree that all teams share. Going with your offer probably means losing on both.

Why are you offering extra money on that particular steal-share distribution? What prevents you from telling your captain to vote share?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 4:08:32 AM permalink
Quote: Jufo81

The problem is that it is more difficult to pull off the 4-3 steal-share split successfully than to just agree that all teams share. Going with your offer probably means losing on both.

Why are you offering extra money on that particular steal-share distribution? What prevents you from telling your captain to vote share?

To throw in a the required monkey wrench.... here is what has happened.... first... lying is legal in this game. OD actually will not be giving any extra money to the group no matter what. However, the Wiz has offered OD $10 if he can assure there won’t be a unanimous share vote. So that’s what OD did. So Mike saves $10 and OD gets $10 added to his Moderator paycheck. BBB has been paid $5 to remain silent on the issue. Even though he is suspended, ZK is pulling all the strings. Just thought you would all want to know.

75 and sunny with a cool breeze in the Imagery 2 sundeck awaiting our departure from Amsterdam to Cologne.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 5:17:22 AM permalink
Quote: Jufo81

LOL. I'm just stirring it up a bit for amusement to see just how good our cooperation could be. How our thirst or profit relates to our personal greed relates to our animosity to limey mods etc.

Amusingly, and this is no secret... I told my captain that he should conspire with other captains for the greater good and that he should steal as per my offer, if he could get colusion working properly. But in the same PM I asked him to voted 'share' because I want to keep my 60 bucks. :o) I'll be happy either way.

I think you are right. The difficulty of conspiring against me might make y'all end up in the middle ground worst case scenario where Mike gets to give the minimum.

Have fun.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 5:25:08 AM permalink

To throw in a the required monkey wrench.... here is what has happened.... first... lying is legal in this game. OD actually will not be giving any extra money to the group no matter what. However, the Wiz has offered OD $10 if he can assure there won’t be a unanimous share vote. So that’s what OD did. So Mike saves $10 and OD gets $10 added to his Moderator paycheck. BBB has been paid $5 to remain silent on the issue. Even though he is suspended, ZK is pulling all the strings. Just thought you would all want to know.

75 and sunny with a cool breeze in the Imagery 2 sundeck awaiting our departure from Amsterdam to Cologne.

OK. For clarity. Lying is permitted, but my offer is genuine and I invite Mike or other mods to ban me if I renege on it. Mike had no part in shaping my 'wrench' I offered it off my own back without asking Mike and he sure never colluded with me. I told him about it after the event, and have not told him about my latest increase to the offer. No offer / bribe or incentive to me from anyone. It is, what it is.
If you guys can collude successfully against me and if my team plus exactly 3 other teams vote steal and 3 teams vote share, then I WILL paypal the funds to Mike for him to distribute to my team members. What happens to it after that is up to them.

Dammit. Only 7 team members need to collude. When are votes due?

OD.
If you guys don't screw me over on this, I'll be massively disappointed but not in the least surprised. Editing my offer will void it, if that's what any mod is thinking. $:o)
Last edited by: OnceDear on Jul 8, 2018
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 5:44:47 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Votes will be due at 9 AM Vegas time on July 12. So you have plenty of time to cooperate.

troopscott
troopscott
July 8th, 2018 at 6:02:54 AM permalink

You sound like a Republican.... Not the Democrat I know you to be!

Democrats become republicans when they grow up
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 6:07:07 AM permalink

Democrats become republicans when they grow up

C'mon guys. No hijacking. There's money at stake. Focus !
Nathan
Nathan
July 8th, 2018 at 6:09:47 AM permalink
I may be being naive, but wouldn't it have been better if the teams from day one stayed the same throughout the entire game? :/
prozema
prozema
Thanked by
Jmarch79
July 8th, 2018 at 6:15:29 AM permalink

I may be being naive, but wouldn't it have been better if the teams from day one stayed the same throughout the entire game? :/

It's not in wizards best interest to make it easy for us.

Side note on OD offering the bonus...

- He's English.
- independence day was 4 days ago.

I'll let everyone come to their own conclusions.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 6:24:16 AM permalink

It's not in wizards best interest to make it easy for us.

Side note on OD offering the bonus...

- He's English.
- independence day was 4 days ago.

I'll let everyone come to their own conclusions.

If you can't whup my ass this time, you clearly can't govern yourselves, so I'm going to claim your territories back on behalf of Her Majesty $:o)
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 6:32:09 AM permalink

I may be being naive :/

You may indeed.
Mike is having fun with us. He thinks we mice are being experimented on. But it's we mice that are running the experiment...

The whole business with the cheese and the squeaking is just a front.
prozema
prozema
July 8th, 2018 at 6:40:43 AM permalink

If you can't whup my ass this time, you clearly can't govern yourselves, so I'm going to claim your territories back on behalf of Her Majesty $:o)

Still sore after 242 years... Just as I suspected. ;-)
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
July 8th, 2018 at 6:50:55 AM permalink
Delete
I am a robot.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 7:04:22 AM permalink
Here are some issues:

1. MidwestAP is still currently listed on two teams: #2 and #3.

2. OD (who apparently likes the spotlight) is making a cash offer that is conditioned on his own team captain voting a certain way and all other team captains voting in a balanced way and (If everybody does what he wants) would distribute his offered cash to his team members for them to voluntarily distribute further to the pool

Without hearing from OD's captain (playyourcardsright) and teammates (Romes, Keeneone and 50% of MidwestAP) it is hard for the rest of us to know what to make of this. Which may be why everyone is ignoring it.

3. What will Nathan do? She is a team captain who has never pledged to pool her winnings, she has said she does not have a Paypal account, and some participants, such as OD, BBB and Axel, have been brutal toward her*. I am a Nathan supporter, but I am unable to put myself in her shoes and figure out what she will do.

*I notice that the Wizard did not put OD, BBB or Axel on the team that Nathan leads.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 8th, 2018 at 7:10:43 AM permalink

2. OD (who apparently likes the spotlight)

Ouch. lol.
Quote:

*I notice that the Wizard did not put OD, BBB or Axel on the team that Nathan leads.

Oh yeah. That will be funny when that happens.
troopscott
troopscott
Thanked by
SOOPOO
July 8th, 2018 at 7:19:21 AM permalink

Here are some issues:

1. MidwestAP is still currently listed on two teams: #2 and #3.

2. OD (who apparently likes the spotlight) is making a cash offer that is conditioned on his own team captain voting a certain way and all other team captains voting in a balanced way and (If everybody does what he wants) would distribute his offered cash to his team members for them to voluntarily distribute further to the pool

Without hearing from OD's captain (playyourcardsright) and teammates (Romes, Keeneone and 50% of MidwestAP) it is hard for the rest of us to know what to make of this. Which may be why everyone is ignoring it.

3. What will Nathan do? She is a team captain who has never pledged to pool her winnings, she has said she does not have a Paypal account, and some participants, such as OD, BBB and Axel, have been brutal toward her*. I am a Nathan supporter, but I am unable to put myself in her shoes and figure out what she will do.

I don't think we have an Idea of who is doing what until we decide whos money we want so we can line the votes out
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
July 8th, 2018 at 7:40:31 AM permalink
Glad I’m not a captain this time. I’ll let my captain make the best decision for the group. Hopefully there is some behind the scenes stuff going on. I don’t think I mentioned it yet but I want to be a part of the pooling group.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
July 8th, 2018 at 8:34:14 AM permalink
A few rounds where only captains vote has taken the steam that remained after soopoo's awful strategy out of the game.
  • Jump to: