EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
November 30th, 2010 at 9:33:56 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

Here's another one, probably a little easier. HONOR SYSTEM!!!

In the board game Clue, what was the victim's name?

Its Mr Body I think. It rings a bell anyway.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
TheNightfly
TheNightfly
  • Threads: 23
November 30th, 2010 at 11:09:00 PM permalink

Here's another one, probably a little easier. HONOR SYSTEM!!!

Mr Person???
Happiness is underrated
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
November 30th, 2010 at 11:18:31 PM permalink
I think "Mr Body" sounds correct. I wouldn't have remembered it on my own, but it sounds correct. I have not looked it up on the computer.

Sweets to the Sweet. What are the sweets? Who is the sweet? Who said this line first? Hint- the person is a literary character.
WizardofEngland
WizardofEngland
  • Threads: 61
December 1st, 2010 at 1:05:34 AM permalink
I don't know the rock em sock robots, don't think we have it here. But in the UK I believe the victim is Dr.Black

Edit, its also called Cluedo here.

May I also suggest a question?
http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/10042-woes-black-sheep-game-ii/#post151727
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1338
December 1st, 2010 at 2:12:25 AM permalink

Good follow up. I vaguely recall the victim had a name but didn't know the answer. I just looked it up, but won't blow the answer. Zero points for me.

Speaking of Clue, dose anybody play where you roll two dice? I purchased a set several years ago and it had two dice. I questioned the game maker about it, and they sent me a curt letter stating the game is supposed to be played with two.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 302
December 1st, 2010 at 5:48:48 AM permalink
Going to take a 'swag' and say Mr. Brown for the victim. Haven't played with extra dice, but have heard of a variant where there are more possible weapons, IIRC, making that part much harder.

I have found Clue to be a great parlor game that the ladies too can enjoy. They can be quite good at it, in fact my wife taught me the correct strategy not only involves the process of simple elimination, which is obvious, but a more sophisticated elimination process where you put out a trial balloon on a guess. For example, in simple elimination, you ask if the rope is the weapon, someone shows you their rope card, and you mark off the rope as a possibility, and keep going with that until only one possibility is left. But if instead you focus on the category that no one has touched, correctly guess the perpetrator is Mr. Mustard, say, something confirmed by no one having that card, you are way ahead of the game. Early discovery! Then on your turn you, having the Miss Scarlet card, ask if it is her, and confuse the hell out of everybody, who probably know you pull such stunts if they have played with you, thus can't trust the "intel". You might pick a category for early discovery if you have more than one card in the category, so you can pull both techniques. You won't beat my wife if you don't attempt to get a jump on a category, but just plod away on simple elimination.

edit: the sneaky bit about having the card but not having to reveal it if you are the one asking about the card, I believe is in the rules as OK. In any case, we play that way. But you can't renege on showing that card if someone else is asking.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
December 1st, 2010 at 6:09:02 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Its Mr Body I think. It rings a bell anyway.

Mr. Boddy is right, no points off for the different spelling.

You have to ask the next question!
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
December 1st, 2010 at 8:02:04 AM permalink
Don't even remember the victim having a name so I guess I don't win.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 213
December 1st, 2010 at 5:01:59 PM permalink

Red Rocket and Blue Bomber.

Frighteningly, I actually knew this. I'm a dork.

IS CORRECT. Their names are on little stickers on their backs.
All around me are familiar faces / Worn out places, worn out faces / Bright and early for their daily races / Going nowhere, going nowhere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCLnwIkkps
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 1st, 2010 at 5:27:01 PM permalink
Off the top of your head (of course), how many NFL teams are NOT named after animals?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

• Jump to: