119 members have voted

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 17th, 2016 at 7:00:09 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Quote: MaxPen

#BARON TRUMP 2040

I wouldn't consider Bernie to be rich...

I'm going with the old "if you own 3 houses including a vacation home, your rich' theory. May not be perfect, but it is a good bet.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 17th, 2016 at 7:40:23 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

I'm going with the old "if you own 3 houses including a vacation home, your rich' theory. May not be perfect, but it is a good bet.

http://moneynation.com/bernie-sanders-net-worth/

This puts Bernie's net worth at $528K.

I don't consider that rich. I guess some people would...

My parents are worth way more than that and I don't consider them rich either.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 17th, 2016 at 8:27:02 AM permalink

I agree
a 250k house paid off and 258k in an IRA is not rich or unusual for somebody his age
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Boz
Boz
November 17th, 2016 at 9:12:51 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I agree
a 250k house paid off and 258k in an IRA is not rich or unusual for somebody his age

What about the $600k vacation home bought this summer? Reports say it was paid in full. Where did the money come from and the Net Worth report had to before this or he had assets not found in that report.
ams288
ams288
November 17th, 2016 at 9:56:37 AM permalink

What about the $600k vacation home bought this summer? Reports say it was paid in full. Where did the money come from and the Net Worth report had to before this or he had assets not found in that report.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/10/bernie-sanders-buys-summer-home/
Boz
Boz
November 17th, 2016 at 10:18:26 AM permalink

http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/10/bernie-sanders-buys-summer-home/

Still confused, so the previous home was his wives. Still it was marital property, even if not in his name making his actual worth higher. So if the new home is in his name as joint property it increases his net worth. The number used above was from 2015. Add in book income and I'm sure it's higher than the 2015 number.

That said, I agree he is worth less than Hillary and Bill make off a couple speeches. And has a far better grasp of financial reality than most politicians in DC. But he is not hurting by any means.
terapined
terapined
November 17th, 2016 at 10:43:39 AM permalink

It was a trade
His parents old home for the new one
JoelDeze
JoelDeze
  • Threads: 49
November 17th, 2016 at 11:29:44 AM permalink

I saw your signature. Bernie won't be alive in 2020.
“It’s a dog eat dog world out there and I’m wearing milkbone underwear .” – Norm Peterson
ams288
ams288
November 17th, 2016 at 11:36:34 AM permalink
Quote: JoelDeze

I saw your signature. Bernie won't be alive in 2020.

Should I change it to:
Cory Booker 2020?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 17th, 2016 at 11:48:50 AM permalink
Here you go

Quote:

Every year since 1990, Roll Call has raked through congressional financial disclosure forms to create our Wealth of Congress Index. In the course of analyzing the data of the 50 richest members of Congress, the 10 "poorest" and all the others elected to represent Americans in the Capitol, we discovered scores of interesting things that illustrate how they made their money, how they keep it and how some use the illusion of transparency to their advantage.

http://media.cq.com/50Richest/
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 17th, 2016 at 4:17:13 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

There are many reasons to boycott Waffle House mostly to do with shit food, no reason to bring politics into it.

terapined
terapined
November 17th, 2016 at 5:07:39 PM permalink

There are many reasons to boycott Waffle House mostly to do with shit food, no reason to bring politics into it.

I have only eaten at a waffle house a few times in my life
Always after an out of town Grateful Dead concert. Its midnight, we have the munchies and its the only place that's open.
rxwine
rxwine
November 17th, 2016 at 6:46:11 PM permalink
Guy who writes fake news site says people didn't fact check

Quote:

Horner told the Washington Post in an interview published Thursday. “He just said whatever he wanted, and people believed everything, and when the things he said turned out not to be true, people didn’t care because they’d already accepted it. It’s real scary. I’ve never seen anything like it.”

“My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time. I think Trump is in the White House because of me,” Horner said. “His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.”

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Fake-News-Writer-Finally-Realizes-Americans-Take-10621294.php

(I would even fact check this article, except where to go?)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 17th, 2016 at 7:06:15 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Guy who writes fake news site says people didn't fact check

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Fake-News-Writer-Finally-Realizes-Americans-Take-10621294.php

(I would even fact check this article, except where to go?)

1. Webb Hubbell is Chelsea's father.

2. Vince Foster did not kill himself.

3. Victor Raiser II didn't die in a plane crash.

4. James McDougal was Arkancided.

5. Ron Brown was just another coincidence.

Etc., etc, etc, etc.

I'd hate to be Huma right about now...."........ ;-)
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 17th, 2016 at 8:15:30 PM permalink

I have only eaten at a waffle house a few times in my life
Always after an out of town Grateful Dead concert. Its midnight, we have the munchies and its the only place that's open.

Come on man, didn't you know waffles and hash browns are racist, sexist climate change deniers? I would totally unfriend you if we were Fb friends.
rxwine
rxwine
November 17th, 2016 at 8:24:36 PM permalink

Come on man, didn't you know waffles and hash browns are racist, sexist climate change deniers? .

At least they have transparency. You can watch them cook from the counter. If a big juicy cockroach falls from the ceiling into your omelet, they don't charge you extra.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 17th, 2016 at 8:33:20 PM permalink
I know someone who asked for each of their food items (like 3 or 4 things) to be put into separate containers & bags because they smash the food otherwise (which apparently changes the flavor?). Brought the food back to the hotel, and sure as sh*t, the food was all in different containers in different bags, and smashed to all hell.

At that point I had an epiphany and realized Waffle House knows what's up. +1, Waffle House, +1.

Another time someone asked for tobasco hot sauce to go (actually coulda been same time). Lady was confused because never had anyone order tobasco to-go, apparently. So she's like "Hey Tamika (other worker), find dis mawn a tobasco bottle with a little bit left, we'll just give it to him, ya?" She proceeds to the first tobasco hot sauce she sees, grabs it, throws it in the bag. Low and behold, it was a brand new bottle. Dafaq?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
RS
November 17th, 2016 at 9:13:46 PM permalink
This is an article by a liberal who works in mental health. Stop crying wolf about racism and antisemitism.

http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/

Best thing I've read on the subject of Trump, his supporters and racism.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 19th, 2016 at 5:35:07 AM permalink
Democrats loved this little gem from our current President:

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Obama to House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, January 23, 2009.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/08/13/too_bad_obama_didnt_follow_his_own_advice_123650.html#ixzz4QSdCg1uG

He was, of course, right--and the statement is still true today.
rxwine
rxwine
November 19th, 2016 at 7:18:20 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Democrats loved this little gem from our current President:

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Obama to House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, January 23, 2009.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/08/13/too_bad_obama_didnt_follow_his_own_advice_123650.html#ixzz4QSdCg1uG

He was, of course, right--and the statement is still true today.

Not sure what you see, Ron. Some can pretend people were thoughtful in electing Trump. That's a laugh.

Obama's approval rating remained high, while Hillary had high negatives during the election cycle. No, he couldn't drag her up, I'm afraid.

Trump was able to charm the villagers with their torches while bashing easy targets.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
November 19th, 2016 at 8:56:25 AM permalink
Looking back at June 19, 2015, I love the way Ann Coulter predicted Trump winning. It's also entertaining to see how smug some people were, even on this forum, when a few people suggested that Trump actually could win.

I was also entertained by the way some sites attempted to predict the probability of Hillary winning down to the tenth of a percent. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-2uSG1xUEg
Boz
Boz
November 19th, 2016 at 9:42:24 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Looking back at June 19, 2015, I love the way Ann Coulter predicted Trump winning. It's also entertaining to see how smug some people were, even on this forum, when a few people suggested that Trump actually could win.

I was also entertained by the way some sites attempted to predict the probability of Hillary winning down to the tenth of a percent. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-2uSG1xUEg

Welcome back! And don't forget Michael Moore also predicted it this Summer. For different reasons obviously. Hey Michael, FU, it didn't work.
Last edited by: Boz on Nov 19, 2016
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 19th, 2016 at 10:47:13 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I'm positive you deserve the maximum amount that Medicare is giving you, and even more beyond that. But would your life be drastically affected if Medicare screwed you out of ~10% like it sounds like they may eventually do? It sounds like most of your income doesn't from Medicare; is that correct?

Correct. Anesthesiologists are uniquely undervalued by Medicare. If 25% of my cases are Medicare around 8% of my income will be from them. W e get about 1/3 of what 'regular' insurance pays. Other practitioners get 70-90 %. Medicare is well aware that anesthesiologists essentially cannot refuse to take care of a Medicare patient, so they can do whatever they want without real repercussions. If you told a surgeon he'd get $300 instead of $1200 for an operation, they wouldn't get an operation!
So if I lose 10% of my Medicare income it is around 1% of my income. I won't starve. But if Medicare payed a fair rate then insurance companies would not have to essentially subsidize the government. If there is some form of universal health care tied to Medicare rates, I retire that same day, as does any anesthesiologist towards the end of their career.
ams288
ams288
November 19th, 2016 at 12:52:16 PM permalink
Hillary is currently sitting at +1.7 million in the popular vote with 3 million votes left to count in CA.

Wish I would have seen MaxPen's offer in time to take advantage of the free money!!! BBB got lucky on that one...
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 19th, 2016 at 1:33:37 PM permalink

Hillary is currently sitting at +1.7 million in the popular vote with 3 million votes left to count in CA.

Wish I would have seen MaxPen's offer in time to take advantage of the free money!!! BBB got lucky on that one...

I wonder if the 3 million illegal alien votes and 2 million dead people will get officially removed?

# LANDSLIDE

# Barron Trump 2040
rxwine
rxwine
November 19th, 2016 at 3:01:20 PM permalink

I# Barron Trump 2040

Families aren't always of the same political bent. Sure they are often more sympathetic to a family member with different politics.
ams288
ams288
November 19th, 2016 at 4:54:21 PM permalink

I wonder if the 3 million illegal alien votes and 2 million dead people will get officially removed?

# LANDSLIDE

# Barron Trump 2040

No they won't, cause they didn't vote.

#stopmakingstuffup
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 19th, 2016 at 6:56:41 PM permalink

No they won't, cause they didn't vote.

#stopmakingstuffup

I'm sorry your sources are unreliable. You could probably start to learn the real facts by googling voter fraud.

I understand that you believed the multi million dollar polling companies as well, sorry.

#IvankaTrump2024

#Need a SAFESPACE?
ams288
ams288
November 19th, 2016 at 7:25:57 PM permalink

#Need a SAFESPACE?

Sounds like Mike Pence is the one who needs a safespace after last night.... that dumb bigot apparently didn't like getting booed, so Daddy Donald had to go on a Twitter rampage for him.
ams288
ams288
November 19th, 2016 at 7:31:49 PM permalink

#IvankaTrump2024

Maybe I'll vote for her in 2024.... the country may need a Jewish Democrat like her to clean up her father's mess!
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 19th, 2016 at 8:03:47 PM permalink

Sounds like Mike Pence is the one who needs a safespace after last night.... that dumb bigot apparently didn't like getting booed, so Daddy Donald had to go on a Twitter rampage for him.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Need help accepting defeat?

#ELECTION OVER

#TARD

Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder it's real.
RS
RS
November 19th, 2016 at 8:10:40 PM permalink
Trump trumps hate.
rxwine
rxwine
November 19th, 2016 at 9:30:41 PM permalink

#TARD

Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder it's real.

#RUBE

Russia's Uber Buffoon Elected, it's true.
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 12:20:03 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Not sure what you see, Ron. Some can pretend people were thoughtful in electing Trump. That's a laugh.

Obama's approval rating remained high, while Hillary had high negatives during the election cycle. No, he couldn't drag her up, I'm afraid.

Trump was able to charm the villagers with their torches while bashing easy targets.

What do I see? A bunch of whiny sniveling little cowards who are neglecting their obligations, like going to school, to protest a properly contested election that was lost not because of Trump's greatness but rather because they put forth the worst possible candidate for what should have been a fairly easy win, based on the President's popularity. Don't get me wrong, though some chucklehead here will, they have every right to protest...but do it after class, over the weekend, etc. Don't riot and disrupt other people's lives--those that go to work deserve to get home without you blocking traffic illegally. Professors and teachers, hold them accountable for the work they should be doing.

Hillary was, by resume, highly qualified to be President. She didn't lose because of Comey or being a woman...she lost because she did not connect. Trump beat her in spite of spending months beating himself--getting off message, tweeting out stupid shit, and generally doing everything possible to screw up the election--because she sucked. These protesters would be better served working on the candidates for the next set of elections for their party, but a large number of them did not even bother to vote.

What else do I see? A repudiation of Obama's policies and Presidency even while he is liked as a person by many. The choice was to elect the one who would continue those policies or not. We see which one was chosen.

Democrats and Liberals keep talking about how horrid all the people who voted for Trump are while conveniently forgetting that lots of "deplorables" voted for both Hillary and President Obama. Only, well, there aren't really all that many that are truly deplorable that voted for any of the three of them. Sure, there are some...but the vast majority of people are good folks...they just aren't the elites who think they are better than everyone else.

Keep talking about how "deplorable" the citizens are, keep driving away your loyal voters by forgetting about them, keep pandering to people here illegally, and protest away while neglecting the real work that needs to be done. Keep talking about wanting to change the Electoral College. Then just tell everyone how dumb they are for electing Trump.
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 12:30:54 AM permalink

I'm sure that is just what happened.

Your posts are so full of anger and hate. Mike Pence went to see a show (with a very diverse cast) and was addressed by the cast of that show. Trump tweeted about it because he didn't think that should have happened. Many feel the same way. Many don't.

Somehow you see in that that Pence didn't like it, which is a brilliant observation--who likes getting booed? Then you take the silly step of somehow making it sound like he went home and cried to Trump.

Nice try at a narrative for the event, but it is completely full of shit, of course.

Did I mention that Mike Pence went to see a show that has a very diverse cast?
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
November 20th, 2016 at 3:15:22 AM permalink
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that this "wonderful, accepting, diverse show" recently sent out a casting call that included WHITES NEED NOT APPLY!!!!!!!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 20th, 2016 at 3:18:30 AM permalink
Quote: timberjim

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that this "wonderful, accepting, diverse show" recently sent out a casting call that included WHITES NEED NOT APPLY!!!!!!!

I find that very hard to believe. Can you provide a source for this?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
November 20th, 2016 at 3:42:54 AM permalink
It was a poorly worded casting call.

Huffington

Ticket prices range from $1,400-$2,300.

RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 4:53:24 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Huffington

I don't think of this as racist; just a way to keep the diversity desired for the show.

It is poorly worded.

It does show that Mike Pence went to a show full of diverse actors...something he really didn't have to do if he was the horrible human being some have decided that he must be.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
November 20th, 2016 at 5:47:30 AM permalink
I still cannot beleive how many people on here and in real life are being sour about Hillary losing. That attitude is exactly why Hillary lost.

Trump is associating himself with a lot of diverse philopshies, from Stephen Bannon tp Michael Flynn. Trump connected with the popular base. There was no way Trump could lose. I feel a new American Golden Age is in our future.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 20th, 2016 at 6:39:13 AM permalink

Huffington

Yeah, they didn't mean whites couldn't apply. They were color-blind casting for no experience cast members (very unusual and a huge opportunity for non-equity actors). Really hard to get your equity card, especially on a Broadway show. Thanks for providing this.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 7:40:19 AM permalink

Quote: beachbumbabs

Yeah, they didn't mean whites couldn't apply.

That is precisely what they meant--"Seeking NON-WHITE" means that whites need not apply and/or will not be considered.

...and that is okay!

Ir was poorly worded, but it has been pointed out in a various outlets that this happens from time to time when seeking certain types of people (color, size, skin tone-not just color, etc.).
RS
RS
November 20th, 2016 at 7:41:47 AM permalink
There would be death threats if it said "NON-BLACK" instead of "NON-WHITE".
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 7:49:05 AM permalink
Left eating their own over the Pence thing:

"You don't single out an audience member and embarrass him from the stage. A terrible precedent to set."

https://twitter.com/StevieVanZandt?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

They are all over van Zandt, not exactly a conservative, for saying it was the wrong place and time while also saying he would defend their right to do it at the wrong place and time.

A thoughtful liberal being destroyed by "deplorable" liberals is kind of what it looks like to me...but, heck, all the "deplorables" voted for the Orange man.

(Please note I do not like that term, I am just using it in the context of the loser of the recent election....basically, calling Americans "deplorable" and then somehow expecting those "deplorables" top vote for her. Worked well for her.)
Boz
Boz
November 20th, 2016 at 7:55:13 AM permalink

Huffington

If nothing else it is certainly discriminatory toward Rob Van Winkle!
terapined
terapined
November 20th, 2016 at 8:15:07 AM permalink
Trump does not like to be made fun of
SNL and Alec Baldwin are at it again :-)

Trump will be the new Nixon with an enemies list
at the top of course is Alec Baldwin

Its unbelievable how thin skinned Trump is.
The complaining only brings more attention to the humor and only encourages SNL and Alec :-)
ams288
ams288
November 20th, 2016 at 8:34:34 AM permalink

#TARD

No need for personal insults.
Boz
Boz
November 20th, 2016 at 8:34:50 AM permalink

Trump does not like to be made fun of
SNL and Alec Baldwin are at it again :-)

Trump will be the new Nixon with an enemies list
at the top of course is Alec Baldwin

Its unbelievable how thin skinned Trump is.
The complaining only brings more attention to the humor and only encourages SNL and Alec :-)

Let them go Donald. If they don't make fun of you all they have left is crying and an old man who has been a failure at his finances.
ams288
ams288
November 20th, 2016 at 8:41:15 AM permalink

I'm sure that is just what happened.

Your posts are so full of anger and hate. Mike Pence went to see a show (with a very diverse cast) and was addressed by the cast of that show. Trump tweeted about it because he didn't think that should have happened.

Your spin on this is complete B.S.

Let's go to the tweets:

Quote: @realDonaldTrump

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!

Puny Pence was not harassed by the cast of Hamilton. This is a complete lie. From the President elect. Sad!

Quote: realDonaldTrump

The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

"Safe and special place" = SAFESPACE.

Lol!!!

Again, complete lie that the cast was rude to Puny Pence the bigot. If you actually watch the video of the remarks, they were not rude at all.

Quote: realDonaldTrump

The cast and producers of Hamilton, which I hear is highly overrated, should immediately apologize to Mike Pence for their terrible behavior

Trump hears Hamilton is "highly overrated." I'm sure the white supremacists he is surrounding himself do feel this way...
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 9:00:14 AM permalink

Your spin on this is complete B.S.

"The “Hamilton” company learned late Friday that Mr. Pence and his family members would be attending that night’s performance. The show’s creator, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and others discussed the appropriateness of making a statement from the stage and decided to do it only after the show was over. Remarks were written and refined, and after curtain call, Brandon Victor Dixon, who plays Vice President Aaron Burr, took a microphone and pointed toward Mr. Pence."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/us/politics/hamilton-cast-mike-pence-donald-trump.html?_r=0

Mike Pence went to see a show (with a very diverse cast) and was addressed by the cast of that show. Trump tweeted about it because he didn't think that should have happened.

My "spin is BS"? No, I was pretty much dead on. What about it was wrong?

--Pence did go to a show with a very diverse cast.

That part? Oh heck...there is so much fact in that statement that there is no way to call it BS.

--Pence was addressed by the cast of the show.

It has been reported by various outlets that the cast and others involved in the production agreed to address the Vice President-elect at the end of the show. Now that could be wrong, of course, because I wasn't there (nor were you) and I am replying on reports and video from the actual scene. Doesn't seem like BS to me.

--Trump tweeted about it because he didn't think that should have happened.

You are calling my spin BS based on the actions of someone else. The only action I referred to was that Trump didn't think that it should have happened the way it did and he tweeted about it. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I do not believe your ridiculous narrative that Pence went home and cried to Trump. In fact, there is really no spin in what I said. Facts, those troublesome things, are facts...

--Pence went
--Pence was addressed
--Trump did not think it should have happened and treated

Where the heck do you find any spin in that?

Funny thing--I know a few people in the entertainment industry and follow a few others (left or right, i just consider them entertainers, not political savants who should be listened to when the go political) and there is a divide on this incident. They will defend the right to have done it, but many disagree with it having been done in this manner. I don't follow Stevie Van Zandt, but he is taking a beating from fellow liberals just for having the opinion that it was done in the worng way.

You can say this is BS, because it is an opinion and not a fact...

I love seeing the left eating the left!!
  • Jump to: