10 votes (8.4%)
4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 20th, 2016 at 9:15:28 AM permalink
Some people do think "Hamilton" is overrated, by the way...

"II got lucky, spent three hours sardined in the overheated Richard Rodgers on a Friday night and have some news: it’s truly not worth the hype (or price)."

"You’d think such a “groundbreaking” show would be more accessible to the people it should be inspiring: kids from the inner city, people who have a hard time connecting to the arts due to lack of representation; people of all classes and races coming together. Nope. All I saw was a harem of basic bitches, their boyfriends who are “just the best,” a few rich old white queens, and one Billy Bob in a NASCAR T-shirt, for the love of God!"

http://brokelyn.com/hamilton-is-for-old-white-people-just-like-history/

"Oh! You did! OK.

Yeah! Oh yeah, as a theatrical production, it’s incredible. As a Broadway musical, it’s amazing and deserves all the credit it gets. But as anything that conveys information to people about the past, it’s highly problematic!"

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2016/04/a_hamilton_critic_on_why_the_musical_isn_t_so_revolutionary.html
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 20th, 2016 at 9:15:48 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

--Trump tweeted about it because he didn't think that should have happened

THIS is the part that is complete B.S.

Trump tweeted about it because he knew everyone would focus on his dumb Hamilton tweets and it would take the media's coverage away from the fact that he settled his Trump U fraud case for $25 million the day before (a fact I haven't seen any of the righties bring up in this thread..... curious).

One thing those of us on the left can look forward to for the next four years is the righties being forced to defend indefensible Trump tweets all the time...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 9:47:24 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

THIS is the part that is complete B.S.

Trump tweeted about it because he knew everyone would focus on his dumb Hamilton tweets and it would take the media's coverage away from the fact that he settled his Trump U fraud case for $25 million the day before (a fact I haven't seen any of the righties bring up in this thread..... curious).

One thing those of us on the left can look forward to for the next four years is the righties being forced to defend indefensible Trump tweets all the time...

I know, I know...we're all such simpletons that we can't think about two things at once. I don't know why you stay in this country (I assume you live in the US) with such a low opinion of everyone around you. Your assumptions are silly--I watched ONLY mainstream news outlets this weekend; all had coverage of both things. I watched NBC's Meet The Press, which was basically a one hour attack on Trump. Of course they mentioned the settlement and Trump's previous statements about settling = admitting guilt.

I don't get that; many people settle to save money. Your lawyer says that you can win the case, but it will likely cost you $100,000 that you will never get back in fees and, even if you win, any money judgment or award of attorney fees may well never be paid. The alternative is to settle for a reasonable amount and put the case behind you. Trump did say he thought that position might lead to more lawsuits, so he often fought. Settling MAY be because someone is guilty; it can also be for convenience. You don't know the answer to that in this case any more than I do, but you will operate on the presumption of fraud no matter what.

It must suck to live in a nation when you think everyone in it is deplorable and incapable of handling more than one issue at a time.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 20th, 2016 at 10:21:19 AM permalink

I know, I know...we're all such simpletons that we can't think about two things at once. I don't know why you stay in this country (I assume you live in the US) with such a low opinion of everyone around you. Your assumptions are silly--I watched ONLY mainstream news outlets this weekend; all had coverage of both things. I watched NBC's Meet The Press, which was basically a one hour attack on Trump. Of course they mentioned the settlement and Trump's previous statements about settling = admitting guilt.

I don't get that; many people settle to save money. Your lawyer says that you can win the case, but it will likely cost you $100,000 that you will never get back in fees and, even if you win, any money judgment or award of attorney fees may well never be paid. The alternative is to settle for a reasonable amount and put the case behind you. Trump did say he thought that position might lead to more lawsuits, so he often fought. Settling MAY be because someone is guilty; it can also be for convenience. You don't know the answer to that in this case any more than I do, but you will operate on the presumption of fraud no matter what.

It must suck to live in a nation when you think everyone in it is deplorable and incapable of handling more than one issue at a time.

Actually he comes off to me as a one issue guy. The hatred comes from that. Like most people his life won't change under President Trump unless he decides to change it. And I believe most people want it that way.

But playing the victim card has worked for many for the past 8 years and accountability is a scary thing to some.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 20th, 2016 at 10:30:57 AM permalink
I find it hilarious (and sad) that RonC, the guy who constantly harped on Obama not being "Presidential," is now going out of his way to defend Donald at every turn.

I find it more than a little hypocritical.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
November 20th, 2016 at 10:39:29 AM permalink

Then just tell everyone how dumb they are for electing Trump.

Why not? I would call myself an idiot for voting for Trump.

I've said before I wouldn't put Trump in office even if he ran on all Democrat's policies.

What was your logic? Hillary is a bad candidate so I'll vote for a worse one?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 20th, 2016 at 10:48:18 AM permalink

"The “Hamilton” company learned late Friday that Mr. Pence and his family members would be attending that night’s performance. The show’s creator, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and others discussed the appropriateness of making a statement from the stage and decided to do it only after the show was over. Remarks were written and refined, and after curtain call, Brandon Victor Dixon, who plays Vice President Aaron Burr, took a microphone and pointed toward Mr. Pence."

The Hamilton cast did not refuse Mike Pence service
Its not like he's a gay couple in Indiana trying to buy a wedding cake

Just so bizarre Trump is fixated on this
He is exhibiting some of Nixon's worse traits and look where that got him.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 20th, 2016 at 10:54:40 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

The Hamilton cast did not refuse Mike Pence service
Its not like he's a gay couple in Indiana trying to buy a wedding cake

Just so bizarre Trump is fixated on this
He is exhibiting some of Nixon's worse traits and look where that got him.

Not bizarre when the Electoral College hasn't yet voted.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 20th, 2016 at 11:04:52 AM permalink

It would be interesting if a qualified white person, donning black face, auditioned: a modern day Al Jolson.

"What, me worry?"
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 11:07:59 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I find it hilarious (and sad) that RonC, the guy who constantly harped on Obama not being "Presidential," is now going out of his way to defend Donald at every turn.

I find it more than a little hypocritical.

You don't read so well, apparently. Just this morning I said;

"-Trump tweeted about it because he didn't think that should have happened.

You are calling my spin BS based on the actions of someone else. The only action I referred to was that Trump didn't think that it should have happened the way it did and he tweeted about it. I don't necessarily agree with that , but I do not believe your ridiculous narrative that Pence went home and cried to Trump."

I do think that President Obama has acted in manner beneath the dignity of the office of President more than a few times. I do believe I may have written things like that about Trump along the way to this election also. He has not taken office yet, but I am concerned about how he will act once he is in office. It is one of the reasons that--in spite of the narrative put forth by some here--I never fully supported him during the election process.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 11:20:34 AM permalink
If I were Trump and had that much money (but I'm not Trump and don't have that much $$$), I'd say "f*** the cost, I'm fighting tooth and nail. I'd rather pay $1M in legal fees & win than settle for $100k." Then of course, sue for defamation, and donate the winning money to some charity. (That's assuming he is innocent.)
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 11:56:50 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Why not? I would call myself an idiot for voting for Trump.

I've said before I wouldn't put Trump in office even if he ran on all Democrat's policies.

What was your logic? Hillary is a bad candidate so I'll vote for a worse one?

I would call myself an idiot if I had voted for Hillary. Why in the world would I give her the chance to pick at least one, and maybe three or more, flaming liberals to the Supreme Court?

As I said earlier, a Trump Presidency will last between 0-8 years. The Supreme Court changes things with their decisions, well, pretty much forever.

Day to day life will be just fine under President Trump, just as it was under President Obama.
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 11:58:01 AM permalink
Quote: RS

If I were Trump and had that much money (but I'm not Trump and don't have that much $$$), I'd say "f*** the cost, I'm fighting tooth and nail. I'd rather pay $1M in legal fees & win than settle for $100k." Then of course, sue for defamation, and donate the winning money to some charity. (That's assuming he is innocent.)

That works fine except that he has a rather large job in front of him...it may have been what would have happened had he lost.

It is expedient at this point to get it off his plate.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 20th, 2016 at 12:07:57 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Not bizarre when the Electoral College hasn't yet voted.

Holding out for that HOPE and CHANGE? Still?
rxwine
rxwine
November 20th, 2016 at 12:24:16 PM permalink

I would call myself an idiot if I had voted for Hillary. Why in the world would I give her the chance to pick at least one, and maybe three or more, flaming liberals to the Supreme Court?

Yeah, I expect scientists to admit the climate change conspiracy any minute. Hillary would head us towards green energy and some job losses at worse.

Expect to be complaining about more inconvenient protests on a variety of issues.

The guy has preached tinfoil hat issues before. Not just that one.

What do you think of his transparency so far?

Is that what impressed you? Good grief.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 20th, 2016 at 12:26:53 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

You mocking me, Mister?:)

I'm saying he probably made.the first pragmatic political decision of his presidency. 25M is cheap for such a liar not to be forced to testify under oath before the EC has convened. His lawyers saved him from his mouth yet again, not to mention a critical review of what he said about the Mexican heritage judge. It's already yesterday's news for most. Which is a pity, as he should be held accountable, not get off for pocket change.
rxwine
rxwine
November 20th, 2016 at 12:27:05 PM permalink
BTW, the right could have demanded his tax returns instead shrugging it off. IDIOTS.
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 2:01:59 PM permalink

BTW, the right could have demanded his tax returns instead shrugging it off. IDIOTS.

You can toss that stuff around all day--the right should have done this; the left should have done that--and you will get nowhere.

Hillary was not beloved and was not elected because she did not connect with the people. The dumb Left learned that in 2008 when she was beaten by an unqualified young politician. Did they take the hint? Nope!! They doubled down on stupid and used their powers to make sure that Hillary got the nomination. The party did that, not the people. The party screwed the people by having a favorite.

The Republicans also had a favorite, some Bush guy, but they didn't put the full power of the party behind him and he never gained any traction. An outsider did. an outsider who Democrats thought would be easy to beat because he had only managed to vanquish 16 opponents on his way to the nomination. Trump isn't my kind of Republican, if he even really is one, but he is now the President-elect.

Cry all you want, lefties, but you gave this one away. Shitty candidate. Bad decisions on where to campaign (maybe she should have said hello to the folks in Wisconsin a couple of times) derailed a good ground game. You can't win a war strictly with air power--you have to win on the ground, but you can lose an election by staying out of the air and relying on other people carrying out your ground game.

"Hillary Clinton’s tack to win Wisconsin has been to stay far away and count on her supporters here — and a historically unpopular opponent — to carry the day."

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/hillary-clinton-s-wisconsin-campaign-pivots-from-persuading-voters-to/article_a76c45b5-9d38-5183-a572-3ee8a7213f4f.html

I am no more an idiot for voting for Trump than anyone is for voting for Hillary. We just don't see things the same way. That is okay still in this country, isn't it?

ON PROTESTS...

People can protest as much as they want. They should fulfill their obligations like school and work and not disrupt other people's lives. They can take time off to protest, it is their right, but it seems counterproductive to give away too much education time just to protest and not to work to make the party they favor stronger. I'm not for taking away their right to protest; i do have a problem with causing others pain. Disrupting traffic in California is just plain stupid---everyone their voted for Hillary anyway, so you are just hurting people on your side.
RonC
RonC
November 20th, 2016 at 2:21:03 PM permalink

Yeah, I expect scientists to admit the climate change conspiracy any minute. Hillary would head us towards green energy and some job losses at worse.

"Green Energy Jobs" will evolve and grow as they actually start to become profitable. Perhaps having some of the greenies with a lot of money share a ride to their conferences will make people take them more seriously. I have a hard time having some actor tell me to dump my car and start walking to work while he jets alone to far off conferences with no regard for that carbon footprint...

Expect to be complaining about more inconvenient protests on a variety of issues.

Protest away. Let me go to work and do my job.

What do you think of his transparency so far?

Not fantastic, but as good as that other transparent President, President Obama. Y'all don't gripe about that too much.

Is that what impressed you? Good grief.

Obviously, you have not paid much attention to the 1200 or so pages of these 2016 threads. I was, and still am, totally unimpressed with Trump overall. Again, in spite of the left spewing end of the world scenarios all day long, my day to day life will not change much in the short term. The President-elect will start off with a decent amount of power put he can be effectively neutered by his own party if he does not work with them in a short period of time and by the people (2014 mid-terms) if he does not do enough and Republicans lose one or both houses.

Good grief. Way too worried about way too little.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 20th, 2016 at 4:48:11 PM permalink
I don't care if Trump is all the things
they say he is, and more. I want to see
if he can gets things done. That's what
we hired him for, not to be everything
to everybody. By all accounts, he's
a tireless worker behind the scenes
and attacks every project with zeal. Why
should I be concerned about his
personal flaws and that he won't win
the Nobel peace prize for doing absolutely
nothing.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
RS
RS
November 21st, 2016 at 12:48:04 AM permalink
If your accountant is a social outcast, that's fine. If he can't add 2+2, that's a problem.
If your social media team can't add 2+2, that's fine. If the team is full of social outcasts, that's a problem.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 21st, 2016 at 12:54:13 AM permalink

If your accountant is a social outcast, that's fine. If he can't add 2+2, that's a problem.
If your social media team can't add 2+2, that's fine. If the team is full of social outcasts, that's a problem.

+1000. Not sure of your original direction of thought, but this is how I see the initial cabinet and staff selections and many of those reportedly short-listed for key appointments. A ship of fools rather than a team of rivals so far.
RS
RS
November 21st, 2016 at 1:25:00 AM permalink

+1000. Not sure of your original direction of thought, but this is how I see the initial cabinet and staff selections and many of those reportedly short-listed for key appointments. A ship of fools rather than a team of rivals so far.

My direction of thought was something like -- people getting mad at Trump for supposedly saying racist/xenophobic/etc. things. We're voting for president, not the next pope or baby sitter or pastor or whatever.

A president, someone who doesn't "accidentally"(?) erase 30k+ emails that shouldn't have even existed where they were, "didn't realize" they were classified. Someone who isn't corrupt to their root.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 21st, 2016 at 2:48:18 AM permalink

My direction of thought was something like -- people getting mad at Trump for supposedly saying racist/xenophobic/etc. things. We're voting for president, not the next pope or baby sitter or pastor or whatever.

A president, someone who doesn't "accidentally"(?) erase 30k+ emails that shouldn't have even existed where they were, "didn't realize" they were classified. Someone who isn't corrupt to their root.

The anger comes from, someone (a president who iis supposed to be a leader and a role model) , more so than a babysitter, pastor, or even pope, either explicitly (in several cases) or implicitly (in many more) making it ok to mock, bully, or intimidate, not just by himself but with the full force of US credibility, women, handicapped, Muslim, Jewish, Mexicans, and other groups. From chosing an anti LGBT, anti woman as vp, a hate speech neo Nazi as his chief advisor, a complete hawk and foreign country lobbyist as his NSA chief, a racist as his Attorney General, on and on.

Anger is different than hate. I am angry with him because he enables and validates all that hatred. I had allowed myself what seems to be false hope that ,with him pandering to all sides of so many issues over the years, that he would govern sanely, find some sensible voices, but he's going straight to the loony tunes toy box so far. So, yes, I'm angry.

This country was not founded on hate or exclusion. Maybe 61M think it should be that now, but another 180M don't. And just because that minority is running things at the moment doesn't mean they're going to get away with crap that doesn't work for the rest.
RS
RS
November 21st, 2016 at 4:26:17 AM permalink
I was talking just about the campaign. Haven't been following much about the cabinet fillings and all that other stuff lately, been a bit busy since the election.

I think all the hatred stuff is overplayed quite a bit. The media went after Trump for being anti-minority and all that through the campaign, even though there's little to suggest all those bad things.The media was very anti-Trump throughout the campaign and put Hillary at a huge lead. But they were wrong. Not just sorta wrong, but VERY wrong.

Now they're saying he's bringing in this racist or that misogynist or some other KKK dude. Rigindux (that's what I call him) posted an excellent article the other day about liberals crying wolf. Perhaps if the liberals weren't out to call everything racist or whatever other anti-minority terms there are, they'd get some better feedback when/if they're actually right.

Just like the "dice controllers" who post online. The sane people know they're full of sh*t because they always post the stupidest nonsense. What happens when/if an actual legitimate dice controller/influencer joins the forum? People ignore the person and believe he's an idiot, because all the rest of them are idiots too. Sooner or later, the same will happen with the left/media....and the results could be pretty bad. But as long as the left keeps pushing this idiotic theory that somehow everything is racist and anti-minority and whatever else, they're just setting themselves to be untrustable.

I just hope the American people, especially the younger ones, can figure it out within the next 4 years. I saw an electoral map if only votes in the 18-24 (or so) year old range would look like.....and it was quite horrifying, to say the least.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
RS
November 21st, 2016 at 4:52:54 AM permalink
Wasn't thrilled with some of the people he's bringing in, especially Sessions. But this is nice, if he follows through. Although they might not have been able to articulate this precise issue, this is why many voted for him over more Clinton. Maybe they weren't all just a bunch of racist idiots who didn't understand their own interests...

"U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday called for a "21st century" version of the 1933 Glass-Steagall law that required the separation of commercial and investment banking, a change the Republican Party also supported in its 2016 policy platform.

Trump gave no details about his banking plan other than to say he would prioritize "helping African American businesses get the credit they need."

Democrat Hillary Clinton's husband, former president ****BILL CLINTON*****, signed legislation in 1999 that repealed Glass-Steagall."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN12Q2WA
terapined
terapined
November 21st, 2016 at 6:01:12 AM permalink
I see Trump is demanding the Hamilton cast apologize.
HMM
Will Trump also demand that Trump supporter John Palmer apologize for disrupting the play in Chicago?
Of course not, Palmer is white

http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/disruptive-trump-fan-removed-from-chicago-hamilton-audience/
RonC
RonC
November 21st, 2016 at 6:10:20 AM permalink

I see Trump is demanding the Hamilton cast apologize.
HMM
Will Trump also demand that Trump supporter John Palmer apologize for disrupting the play in Chicago?

http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/disruptive-trump-fan-removed-from-chicago-hamilton-audience/

Are we really going to pick up every incident that "someone who supported Trump" is involved in? That is just stupid. Kind of like asking Obama to respond to every single murder in Chicago committed by a likely supporter...

Pence is the VP-Elect. It's a little different.
RonC
RonC
November 21st, 2016 at 6:15:05 AM permalink

This country was not founded on hate or exclusion.

Well, we did have a little bad stuff going on when we first started as a country...and we have come a long way from there.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
November 21st, 2016 at 6:20:46 AM permalink
When is the hatred, the bigotry, and the hypocrisy from the left ever going to end?

We finally have a president that's offering hope.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 21st, 2016 at 8:18:50 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

When is the hatred, the bigotry, and the hypocrisy from the left ever going to end?

That's not how the young folks see it.

see: clueless Portland youth rampage

There ought to be a law.

Wait a minute, there is one: problem is, the folks running city hall in Stumptown are way far to the left, and the mayor would not tell the cops to clamp down on the wayward, clueless, hammer wielding clowns who flock to this town like fleas on a dog's behind.
"What, me worry?"
Boz
Boz
November 21st, 2016 at 9:04:05 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Once saw a down on his luck liberal with a sign on the walkway between Ballys and Bills with a sign that said "I voted for Hope and Change but now I hope you can spare some change". Sums up the past 8 years perfectly.
Boz
Boz
November 21st, 2016 at 9:06:29 AM permalink

Which means odds are he won't get shot this weekend and Rahm actually cares about him.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
November 21st, 2016 at 9:42:58 AM permalink

Possibly for you, and I certainly hope that you are correct. However, for me, he offers despair.
That same despair would be felt by me had Clinton been elected.
We need to be able to more easily get someone else elected if both the Republicans and Democrats offer up ass hats such as Trump and Clinton.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
November 21st, 2016 at 10:11:47 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

Possibly for you, and I certainly hope that you are correct. However, for me, he offers despair.
That same despair would be felt by me had Clinton been elected.
We need to be able to more easily get someone else elected if both the Republicans and Democrats offer up ass hats such as Trump and Clinton.

Rigged election; it was due to defective ballots. My first choice of "No" couldn't be found anywhere on the ballot that was sent to me, and my second choice of "Hell Freaking No" was also completely left off.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
RonC
RonC
November 21st, 2016 at 11:11:56 AM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

Rigged election; it was due to defective ballots. My first choice of "No" couldn't be found anywhere on the ballot that was sent to me, and my second choice of "Hell Freaking No" was also completely left off.

Maybe add "No" as an option...if it wins, all candidates are disqualified. Have one day primary in early December and a one day general election in late December.

"No" had a shot...
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
November 21st, 2016 at 11:21:22 AM permalink
It worked for Monty Brewster! ;)

"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
November 21st, 2016 at 3:21:27 PM permalink
At least four or five police officers have been shot within the last 24 hours. When is the hatred and bigotry from the left going to stop!
terapined
terapined
November 21st, 2016 at 3:26:32 PM permalink

At least four or five police officers have been shot within the last 24 hours. When is the hatred and bigotry from the left going to stop!

????????????
99.9% of homicides have nothing to do with politics
Its a dangerous world out there
I support gun control, makes it safer for cops

The most dangerous years for cops
Prohibition (around 200 a year) and the Nixon years (around 150 a year)
Theses days, around 35 a year. Still too many but the number has been trending down since Nixon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/09/10/once-again-there-is-no-war-on-cops-and-those-who-claim-otherwise-are-playing-a-dangerous-game/?utm_term=.efc51f10692c
Boz
Boz
November 21st, 2016 at 3:36:28 PM permalink

????????????

Exactly!! Far more blacks will shoot each other this Wednesday night in Chicago alone. Anyone willing to set and bet an over under? Preliminary number would be 18 shot between 6PM Central and 6 AM Thanksgiving morning. After all, the last people to realize BLM are actually blacks*

*only based on actual facts involving black shooting victims, not personal opinion.
terapined
terapined
November 21st, 2016 at 3:43:46 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Exactly!! Far more blacks will shoot each other this Wednesday night in Chicago alone. Anyone willing to set and bet an over under? Preliminary number would be 18 shot between 6PM Central and 6 AM Thanksgiving morning. After all, the last people to realize BLM are actually blacks*

*only based on actual facts involving black shooting victims, not personal opinion.

There is no doubt many Blacks don't value other black lives
I get that
but
the point you are missing
There is no doubt that white lives matter to the Police
To a few cops, black lives don't matter.
I look white, not worried at all about being stopped by the police
If I was Black, I would be very very worried about being stopped by the police
Most cops are good cops. A few are racist. Those few are the ones to be worried about. Good cops don't turn them in. We only find out about these few racist cops when they do an unjustified shooting.
RonC
RonC
November 21st, 2016 at 4:01:16 PM permalink

????????????

Theses days, around 35 a year. Still too many but the number has been trending down since Nixon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/09/10/once-again-there-is-no-war-on-cops-and-those-who-claim-otherwise-are-playing-a-dangerous-game/?utm_term=.efc51f10692c[/q

"Fifty-eight law enforcement officers have been shot and killed this year"

"The 2016 shootings have spanned the nation, from California to Massachusetts, and they've exceeded the number of firearms-related police deaths in all of 2015. According to the fund, firearms were responsible for 41 of 123 officer fatalities in 2015.
The decade's highest total came in 2011, with 73 officers shot dead."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/us/police-officers-fatal-shooting-line-duty-nationwide/

RS
RS
November 21st, 2016 at 4:04:15 PM permalink

I get that
but
Most cops are good cops. A few are racist. Those few are the ones to be worried about. Good cops don't turn them in. We only find out about these few racist cops when they do an unjustified shooting.

Any examples? Or you going by what the media says?
Boz
Boz
November 21st, 2016 at 4:14:17 PM permalink

I get that
but

But most of us here are gamblers, so even if what you say is true (which I disagree with) why pick the guys who lost with 4 8's to 4 9's? Always bad beats, but stick with the math and you almost always win. And that is what liberals don't want to admit.
terapined
terapined
November 21st, 2016 at 4:35:03 PM permalink

I get that
but

sure I'll respond to that softball :-)
Just using my eyes, no media needed
raw uncut footage
terapined
terapined
November 21st, 2016 at 4:38:09 PM permalink

????????????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/09/10/once-again-there-is-no-war-on-cops-and-those-who-claim-otherwise-are-playing-a-dangerous-game/?utm_term=.efc51f10692c

"Fifty-eight law enforcement officers have been shot and killed this year"

"The 2016 shootings have spanned the nation, from California to Massachusetts, and they've exceeded the number of firearms-related police deaths in all of 2015. According to the fund, firearms were responsible for 41 of 123 officer fatalities in 2015.
The decade's highest total came in 2011, with 73 officers shot dead."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/us/police-officers-fatal-shooting-line-duty-nationwide/

Still way down from the Nixon years
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
November 21st, 2016 at 4:48:49 PM permalink

I get that
but

There is no doubt that many Blacks don't value other humans lives
I get that
but
There is no doubt that the lives of the citizens they serve matter to the Police
It is not an impossibility to think there may be a cop who would think the citizenry's lives don't matter but,
I don't commit crime, nor do I hang around in high crime areas so I am not worried at all about being stopped by the police
If I was a criminal, or associating with criminals, I would be very very worried about being stopped by the police
On the whole, I suspect cops promote being law abiding, respectful human beings at a greater % than the population they serve. Anyone with a bent for crime and misgivings is someone I should be worried about, cop or no. It is unfortunate we only find out about the criminal element of society, after they commit crimes, such as killing innocent people.

^^^^

That's how a law abiding, productive member of society would rephrase your post.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
November 21st, 2016 at 4:53:13 PM permalink

I get that
but

raw uncut footage

NOPE

Unless you are hiding other facts, that video shows a cop who shot a man, and then quite possibly planted evidence on the man he shot.

Doesn't show a racist at all.

It could very well show a cop that deserves jail time, but not a racist.

try again
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
terapined
terapined
November 21st, 2016 at 4:59:32 PM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

I get that
but

raw uncut footage

NOPE

Unless you are hiding other facts, that video shows a cop who shot a man, and then quite possibly planted evidence on the man he shot.

Doesn't show a racist at all.

It could very well show a cop that deserves jail time, but not a racist.

try again

Black lives don't matter to that cop
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 21st, 2016 at 5:20:39 PM permalink

The race card has become a joker with the "real bigot".

• Jump to: