4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
September 12th, 2016 at 2:55:34 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I read Trump is a germophobe. Probably why he doesn't get sick.

You can't be in a position where you shake thousands of hands and not be careful. Touch your face at anytime without even thinking about it, and you can transmit something to yourself.

He himself says he hates shaking hands, he said he wishes it was something like the Orient where people bow to show respect.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 12th, 2016 at 3:04:58 AM permalink

And my favorite, Islam doesn't kill people, people kill people. Yup, the words of the Koran and related stuff never killed anyone.

Islam has killed millions and causes much violence in areas where it is practiced. Saying there are "good muslims" does not change this. Bringing up Christian violence from 1,000 years ago (which, BTW, was caused mainly in defense against muslim violence) does not change this.

We are seeing before our eyes the various stages of what happens when muslims overtake a population in various stages. Sporadic problems in the USA where there are smaller concentrations to more organized violence and no-go zones in Europe where the muslim population is hitting some critical mass to total repression in Middle Eastern nations where most other religions are banned or de-facto banned.

Yet so much of the population wants to stick their heads in the sand and insist there is no reason for worry. Europe is already starting to fall. In a generation when all of Europe looks like the Middle East the "educated"class of people will stay crammed in universities wondering what went wrong while some of us will be shaking our heads saying "we tried to warn you!"
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 12th, 2016 at 4:41:11 AM permalink
Quote: 487tracydrive

Was anybody fooled by the body double who appeared outside her daughter's apartment, while a team of doctors worked on the really Hillary inside ?

At first I thought this post was satire.

Now I see #HillarysBodyDouble is trending on Twitter and I realize that people actually believe this crap.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
487tracydrive
487tracydrive
  • Threads: 1
September 12th, 2016 at 7:40:13 AM permalink
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Plastic surgery for the body double was paid for by the Clinton Foundation.
ams288
ams288
September 12th, 2016 at 7:53:02 AM permalink

There are none so blind as those who will not see. Plastic surgery for the body double was paid for by the Clinton Foundation.

Well hopefully the body double is well versed on foreign policy!

....and righties wonder why no one takes their numerous Clinton conspiracy theories seriously! It's the boy who cried wolf.
487tracydrive
487tracydrive
  • Threads: 1
September 12th, 2016 at 8:00:48 AM permalink
If the body double can spell " foreign policy " she has more knowledge about foreign policy than Hillary !
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
September 12th, 2016 at 8:21:41 AM permalink

If the body double can spell " foreign policy " she has more knowledge about foreign policy than Hillary !

Now, you're just babbling absolute nursery school-style nonsense.

Yeah, a former Secretary of State knows nothing about foreign policy, When you say stuff like that, you present yourself as a fool and destroy whatever shred of credibility you may have had.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 12th, 2016 at 8:23:40 AM permalink

There are none so stupid as those who craft ludicrous conspiracy theories with absolutely no evidence to support them other than the fevered ravings of a Fox News-addled mind.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
September 12th, 2016 at 9:04:08 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Islam has killed millions and causes much violence in areas where it is practiced. Saying there are "good muslims" does not change this. Bringing up Christian violence from 1,000 years ago (which, BTW, was caused mainly in defense against muslim violence)

The revisionist historical perspective that the Crusades were "mainly in defense against Muslim violence" is what you get by listening to the medieval equivalent of Fox News. You have to willfully ignore the actual facts of life in 11th century Europe to maintain that view, but don't let that stop you from thinking that the Crusades were really, honestly, truly about Muslim violence. Because every Crusade was aimed at Muslims committing violence in the holy land, right?

... was that Europe in the late 1000s was destitute and the feudal system precluded non-firstborn sons from owning land, so you ended up with a bunch of pissed off younger brothers with swords running around locally getting into trouble. "Kill the Muslim Infidels" was a convenient excuse to ship off those local troublemakers to a faraway part of the globe. Later on, realizing how easy it was to invoke religious fervor in order to round up and deploy an angry mob at whatever target was convenient, subsequent Popes launched crusades against pagans in northern Europe and heretics in France. It's all well and good to rail against today's Muslim clerics preaching jihad against the West and other perceived infidels, but where do you think they learned how effective a holy war could be? If you really want to do something, learn from history. Don't ignore it and think that somehow, this generation's version of holy war is meaningfully different than it was in prior generations. What's different is the weaponry, not the psychology. It is always wrong to justify murdering someone else by looking at a book that's over 1000 years old and reasoning that if someone else doesn't share your beliefs in what it says, they need to die. It doesn't matter which book that is.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
September 12th, 2016 at 11:08:43 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Hillary supposedly has been diagnosed with pneumonia--why the hell hide it and not take some time to heal?

More importantly, why in the world is she on the sidewalks of Manhattan hugging and kissing strange children, not to mention her very own grandchildren?
ams288
ams288
September 12th, 2016 at 11:15:55 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

More importantly, why in the world is she on the sidewalks of Manhattan hugging and kissing strange children, not to mention her very own grandchildren?

Didn't you hear?! That wasn't Hillary - it was her mysterious plastic surgery-enhanced body double!

Please keep up with the right wing conspiracy theories!!!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 12th, 2016 at 12:27:29 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Didn't you hear?! That wasn't Hillary - it was her mysterious plastic surgery-enhanced body double!

Please keep up with the right wing conspiracy theories!!!

This latest Clinton saga is just another glaring example of why she shouldn't be president. Hillary had an opportunity to share the truth with the American people.... "I am sick with pneumonia.... I am taking antibiotics and hope to be better soon. Unfortunately I'm going to have to cancel some campaign stops. When I'm better I will return to the stump stronger than ever!" But what does she do...??? What she always does..... she puts others at risk (all those she hugs, shakes hands with, coughs on) rather than just be honest! Denies the obvious.... And while sick with pneumonia,,,,, goes to spend time with grandkids? If this was on a 60 minute TV drama it would be panned for not being believable....
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
September 12th, 2016 at 12:36:58 PM permalink
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 12th, 2016 at 12:39:05 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This latest Clinton saga is just another glaring example of why she shouldn't be president. Hillary had an opportunity to share the truth with the American people.... "I am sick with pneumonia.... I am taking antibiotics and hope to be better soon. Unfortunately I'm going to have to cancel some campaign stops. When I'm better I will return to the stump stronger than ever!" But what does she do...??? What she always does..... she puts others at risk (all those she hugs, shakes hands with, coughs on) rather than just be honest! Denies the obvious.... And while sick with pneumonia,,,,, goes to spend time with grandkids? If this was on a 60 minute TV drama it would be panned for not being believable....

There is a possible out here. Her physician only mentioned allergy reactions to her, until recently and she was acting on that information.

Perhaps she has had severe allergy reactions before as well.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 12th, 2016 at 12:43:22 PM permalink

You're funny. In both senses of the word: amusing and peculiar.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 12th, 2016 at 12:46:28 PM permalink

The unbiased opinion of another medical professional! How did we ever get so lucky??
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
September 12th, 2016 at 12:55:19 PM permalink
double post
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
September 12th, 2016 at 12:55:22 PM permalink

But what does she do...??? What she always does..... she puts others at risk (all those she hugs, shakes hands with, coughs on) rather than just be honest!

You're reaching for something that is not there...

“For the overwhelming majority of bacterial organisms that cause pneumonia in adults, they’re not communicable from one individual to another,”

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/09/12/hillary-clintons-pneumonia-is-infectious.html
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
September 12th, 2016 at 1:04:18 PM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

The unbiased opinion of another medical professional! How did we ever get so lucky??

At least it is not the biased opinion of someone who is so far in the tank for Hillary that it is pathetic. Somehow you can defend everything she does...

SOOPOO merely points out good, common-sense ideas for someone who is ill. Of course, you've branded him a Trumper with no evidence at all; why think that you'll even consider common sense?

Another poster wrote that most forms of the disease cannot be spread. That is fine...but is it a good idea to take chances like that AND risk further degradation of your own health.

Stay at home, be honest, get better, and come out swinging when you are well.
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2016 at 1:06:40 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

You're reaching for something that is not there...

“For the overwhelming majority of bacterial organisms that cause pneumonia in adults, they’re not communicable from one individual to another,”

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/09/12/hillary-clintons-pneumonia-is-infectious.html

"Bardack neither revealed what type of pneumonia Clinton has, nor did she clarify whether it was a bacterial or viral infection of the lungs. Bacterial infections are not contagious, while viral infections are."

...from your own link.

Why not just tell the truth and either:

--lay low and get better

--if it is infectious, stay away from people, lay low and get better.

How hard is it to do the right thing?
ams288
ams288
September 12th, 2016 at 1:07:48 PM permalink

Stay at home, be honest, get better, and come out swinging when you are well.

Some earnest good advice from RonC regarding the health of a candidate he despises...

...no need for suspicion here!
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2016 at 1:16:48 PM permalink

Some earnest good advice from RonC regarding the health of a candidate he despises...

...no need for suspicion here!

I detest your instant judgment of why I would say something that I have said all along about your beloved candidate--she tends to lie, or at least hide the truth, a lot. She is trying to win the Presidency. Maybe lying, or hiding the truth a little less, would help he in that quest. I actually hope she keeps lying; but I am being honest about what could help...

Actually, I don't really care what you think all that much...

--I have said that Trump should release his tax returns
--I have said that Hillary should not lie
--I have said that Trump should act more Presidential
--I have said that Hillary should take care of herself

Unlike others here, I can look at both sides and can point out wrongs and rights on each.
rxwine
rxwine
September 12th, 2016 at 1:24:10 PM permalink

--I have said that Hillary should not lie

No evidence she lied on this, if she just thought it was bad allergies. That's often how things like so-called "walking pneumonia" go if that's what she has..

Later on you get told you were sick with something. Been there, done that.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
September 12th, 2016 at 1:25:19 PM permalink

Unlike others here, I can look at both sides and can point out wrongs and rights on each.

Yeah, we know. I wouldn't be surprised if your full name was Ron "both sides do it" C....
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2016 at 1:42:27 PM permalink

No evidence she lied on this, if she just thought it was bad allergies. That's often how things like so-called "walking pneumonia" go if that's what she has..

I won't even say that she lied in this case...let's step it back a bit. The point is that she supposedly found out she was sicker than originally thought on Friday. Instead of powering through, it would have been a better decision for her to step back, put the truth behind this medical episode out, and not risk passing out in public. My point is that she was not forthcoming with the information and it makes it look worse than if she had been.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
September 12th, 2016 at 1:43:29 PM permalink

This happens to me probably every 3-4 years. I always get allergies every spring, without fail. Sometimes I get secondary infections like a persistent cough or sinus stuff, and some of those times I'm miserable enough to go see a doctor. I'm *sure* I've had bouts of walking pneumonia that didn't merit treatment because I was able to carry on. But I work at home and if I'm sick I can make myself a cup of hot tea whenever I want. I'm also much younger than Clinton. Hillary is on airplanes from one place to another all the time and air travel is not exactly conducive to good respiratory health.

You gotta love the folks who are giving a 68-year-old lady crap for getting sick after working longer hours on a more screwed-up schedule than they do, especially because she got dehydrated and woozy on a hot day. On a forum dedicated to Las Vegas, and presumably everyone posting here has actually visited, wouldn't you think there would be some measure of comprehension of and compassion for an older woman getting off an airplane, feeling the heat, becoming parched, and needing to sit down?

In what circumstance other than Hillary's campaign would that fact pattern merit anything other than concern?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2016 at 1:46:21 PM permalink

Yeah, we know. I wouldn't be surprised if your full name was Ron "both sides do it" C....

Anyone who professes to believe that is not true--that both sides do it--is walking around with their eyes shut. Both parties are horrible and don't really do a good job of governing; they do a good job of staying in office. We still have to pick one side or the other to support (or go third party), but don't lie to yourself...

Why do you think that there are rich people on either side pushing their side? It is simple...they have chosen who they thought would make them richer.
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2016 at 1:50:01 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

This happens to me probably every 3-4 years. I always get allergies every spring, without fail. Sometimes I get secondary infections like a persistent cough or sinus stuff, and some of those times I'm miserable enough to go see a doctor. I'm *sure* I've had bouts of walking pneumonia that didn't merit treatment because I was able to carry on. But I work at home and if I'm sick I can make myself a cup of hot tea whenever I want. I'm also much younger than Clinton. Hillary is on airplanes from one place to another all the time and air travel is not exactly conducive to good respiratory health.

You gotta love the folks who are giving a 68-year-old lady crap for getting sick after working longer hours on a more screwed-up schedule than they do, especially because she got dehydrated and woozy on a hot day. On a forum dedicated to Las Vegas, and presumably everyone posting here has actually visited, wouldn't you think there would be some measure of comprehension of and compassion for an older woman getting off an airplane, feeling the heat, becoming parched, and needing to sit down?

In what circumstance other than Hillary's campaign would that fact pattern merit anything other than concern?

It was not extremely warm; it was 77. She did not "need to sit down"--she went down.

This was all avoidable and it should not have happened. Say your are sick, provide information, and get better. The campaign trail is tough--a stupid decision now could lead to her being ill longer and make it seem much worse.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
September 12th, 2016 at 1:57:22 PM permalink

"Bardack neither revealed what type of pneumonia Clinton has, nor did she clarify whether it was a bacterial or viral infection of the lungs. Bacterial infections are not contagious, while viral infections are."

...from your own link.

And the very next sentence:
"Viral respiratory infections are most common in late fall and early spring, so her illness is likely bacterial, Dr. Robert Kotloff, chairman of pulmonary medicine at Cleveland Clinic, told FoxNews.com."
ams288
ams288
September 12th, 2016 at 2:00:51 PM permalink

This was all avoidable and it should not have happened. Say your are sick, provide information, and get better. The campaign trail is tough--a stupid decision now could lead to her being ill longer and make it seem much worse.

No. Why should she have provided this information when the right-wing crazies have been wrongly diagnosing her and predicting her death based on every single cough she's had during the last year and a half? I can only imagine that Sean Hannity needed a fresh pair of underwear after seeing that video of her getting into the van.

I can completely understand why they kept it from the press. She coped with it well Friday and Saturday. She had meetings, press events, speeches and no one knew. She got screwed on Sunday with the heat and it caught up to her (79 degrees and 54% humidity at 9:30 am is a HOT September day in NYC, maybe not for someone in Texas...).

And then we all know her secret body double took the reigns from there. /sarcasm
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2016 at 2:16:17 PM permalink
You folks are all correct. She handled it exactly right. Perfectly, in fact.

What you Hillarists fail to understand is that she is not trying to beat the extreme right; she has no chance. She is trying to win the middle and her side.
rxwine
rxwine
September 12th, 2016 at 2:43:35 PM permalink

You folks are all correct.

I've been trying to tell you for years.

Hey, I do think "presidential candidates" are expected to work sick, not call in sick. Yeah, if you have smallpox you probably made a bad call exposing everyone, but I expect most candidates and the public would feel a strong obligation for their person to push through illness most of time.

We give them a break if there is a hail of bullets hitting them and scheduled surgery, but that's about it.
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2016 at 3:41:38 PM permalink

I've been trying to tell you for years.

Hey, I do think "presidential candidates" are expected to work sick, not call in sick. Yeah, if you have smallpox you probably made a bad call exposing everyone, but I expect most candidates and the public would feel a strong obligation for their person to push through illness most of time.

We give them a break if there is a hail of bullets hitting them and scheduled surgery, but that's about it.

I don't think that David Axelrod is a Trumpist...yet he even said something negative about the way this has been handled.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 12th, 2016 at 4:18:34 PM permalink

The revisionist historical perspective that the Crusades were "mainly in defense against Muslim violence" is what you get by listening to the medieval equivalent of Fox News. You have to willfully ignore the actual facts of life in 11th century Europe to maintain that view, but don't let that stop you from thinking that the Crusades were really, honestly, truly about Muslim violence. Because every Crusade was aimed at Muslims committing violence in the holy land, right?

Sorry to break this to you, but Islam was founded on violence. Atheists had to sign right up. Muslim "tolerance" allowed Christians and Jews to get away with a 50% street tax on all they owned instead of converting. This violence was spreading towards Europe then just as it is now. Be blind if you like.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
September 12th, 2016 at 4:41:19 PM permalink

I don't think that David Axelrod is a Trumpist...yet he even said something negative about the way this has been handled.

That's all well and good, but it's plainly evident that most people who buy Trump's "Hillary is a corrupt liar" line are conflating Hillary's current trouble with minor pneumonia with a vast conspiracy to conceal her imminent death. Those folks don't go in for nuance, so if you say "Hillary has a minor case of bacterial pneumonia" they'll all freak out. In that environment, it's entirely reasonable to try to get past it without issuing a press release.

Notice how nobody's criticizing Trump for his weight or diet, even though his doctor admitted he scrawled out his medical note in 5 minutes while a Trump courier was waiting outside in a limo? Every picture of him eating is junk food, yet we're supposed to believe his cholesterol is great? It's because Trump is the ultimate master of deflection. Every single criticism he's leveled at Hillary is more appropriately leveled at himself, with only one major exception to date -- the email server (and maybe that's why it gets such incessant airtime from the GOP). But it's the height of hypocrisy that someone like Trump, who has lied, stolen, and cheated his way to his fortune, would ever accuse anyone of anything remotely similar.

The undercurrent of sexism is deeply disturbing. Women aren't socially allowed to be deceitful, but men like Trump are expected in some circles to lie in order to succeed in business. If you could go back in time 18 months and swap the genders of Trump and Clinton, Clinton would be polling ahead in a landslide. Clinton's stupid use of a private server would be easily excused, if she were a man, as "doing what needed to be done, rules be damned" while Trump -- as a female -- would have been excoriated for conning gullible real estate speculators with fraudulent seminars, putting small contractors out of business by not paying for their work, or running up huge corporate debts and then skipping out on them by declaring bankruptcy. But that's not where we are. If Hillary loses to Trump, it won't be because she lied, or engaged in shady deals, or concealed her pneumonia, or used an insecure email server. It'll be because she did those things without having the penis that makes such actions acceptable to a significant minority of penis owners.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
September 12th, 2016 at 5:01:27 PM permalink

Sorry to break this to you, but Islam was founded on violence.

You don't know any Muslims, do you? I'm hardly going to value the opinion of someone who literally doesn't know what he's talking about. It's like you telling me that my earbud volume is up too high. You have no experience, yet you're somehow an expert?

Oh wait, that explains why you're supporting Trump...
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2016 at 5:08:47 PM permalink

That's all well and good, but it's plainly evident that most people who buy Trump's "Hillary is a corrupt liar" line are conflating Hillary's current trouble with minor pneumonia with a vast conspiracy to conceal her imminent death. Those folks don't go in for nuance, so if you say "Hillary has a minor case of bacterial pneumonia" they'll all freak out. In that environment, it's entirely reasonable to try to get past it without issuing a press release.

Notice how nobody's criticizing Trump for his weight or diet, even though his doctor admitted he scrawled out his medical note in 5 minutes while a Trump courier was waiting outside in a limo? Every picture of him eating is junk food, yet we're supposed to believe his cholesterol is great? It's because Trump is the ultimate master of deflection. Every single criticism he's leveled at Hillary is more appropriately leveled at himself, with only one major exception to date -- the email server (and maybe that's why it gets such incessant airtime from the GOP). But it's the height of hypocrisy that someone like Trump, who has lied, stolen, and cheated his way to his fortune, would ever accuse anyone of anything remotely similar.

The undercurrent of sexism is deeply disturbing. Women aren't socially allowed to be deceitful, but men like Trump are expected in some circles to lie in order to succeed in business. If you could go back in time 18 months and swap the genders of Trump and Clinton, Clinton would be polling ahead in a landslide. Clinton's stupid use of a private server would be easily excused, if she were a man, as "doing what needed to be done, rules be damned" while Trump -- as a female -- would have been excoriated for conning gullible real estate speculators with fraudulent seminars, putting small contractors out of business by not paying for their work, or running up huge corporate debts and then skipping out on them by declaring bankruptcy. But that's not where we are. If Hillary loses to Trump, it won't be because she lied, or engaged in shady deals, or concealed her pneumonia, or used an insecure email server. It'll be because she did those things without having the penis that makes such actions acceptable to a significant minority of penis owners.

Wow! "Sexism"...you might even have a point there if Hillary and darling husband hadn't brought us more than 20 years of questionable behavior. Trump is no saint. He lies in business; she lies in politics. How you come up with "sexism" in that is pretty far out there. They are both turds. You gotta pick which one you don't want to flush!
rxwine
rxwine
September 12th, 2016 at 5:12:58 PM permalink

Well sure, for instance SOOPOOs post could be supported if there is no alternate explanation. But so far as I know, there is still a plausible explanation. Why would someone say they have something until a doctor confirms it in a test? I've certainly thought I was not as sick as I was at first. I've also done the complete opposite and thought I might be dying of something, and it just turns out to be minor food poisoning.

I'll accept plausible alternatives not monkey made- up things about her not reporting her terminal disease while she is running for President.
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2016 at 5:15:49 PM permalink

Well sure, for instance SOOPOOs post could be supported if there is no alternate explanation. But so far as I know, there is still a plausible explanation. Why would someone say they have something until a doctor confirms it in a test? I've certainly thought I was not as sick as I was at first. I've also done the complete opposite and thought I might be dying of something, and it just turns out to be minor food poisoning.

I'll accept plausible alternatives not monkey made- up things about her not reporting her terminal disease while she is running for President.

The doctor said that she diagnosed it on Friday. My point has nothing to do with her being deathly ill; leave that to the far right people. My point is that she obviously was not feeling well on Friday; she should have slowed down then, healed, and gotten back on the trail. Her condition should have been revealed because the average person "gets it" and it is not all that serious if handled properly.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 12th, 2016 at 5:35:05 PM permalink

You don't know any Muslims, do you? I'm hardly going to value the opinion of someone who literally doesn't know what he's talking about. It's like you telling me that my earbud volume is up too high. You have no experience, yet you're somehow an expert?

Oh wait, that explains why you're supporting Trump...

What on earth does "knowing a muslim" have to do with anything? I don't know any NFL players yet I can understand a football game. By your logic I cannot understand an NFL game since I do not "know" any players.

I hate to break it to you, but one does not need a Masters Degree in a subject to be informed in it. I am capable of reading history and capable of looking around and seeing what is going on. Do you know that your comments on religion might get you thrown in prison in Saudi Arabia? Equate allah to a "flying spaghetti monster" over there, report back what happens. Tell me how tolerant islam is after you get back.

I am supporting Trump because I find Hillary completely unqualified and totally dangerous in her views. I can also see where she has failed at pretty much every job she has ever held. I can see from her email fiasco how she is willing to behave in a criminal manner, putting USA security at risk to protect her own criminal acts.

You can learn what islam is really about the easy way or the hard way.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
September 12th, 2016 at 6:51:58 PM permalink

There are none so stupid as those who craft ludicrous conspiracy theories with absolutely no evidence to support them other than the fevered ravings of a Fox News-addled mind.

Actually there are quite of few....I have found an interesting relationship between that and average number of daily posts made by these bright minds. Anything over about 3 or 4 posts per day, unless you're an Admin, is normally is pretty telling. Draw your own conclusions...maybe you could post about it.
Aussie
Aussie
  • Threads: 12
September 12th, 2016 at 7:46:51 PM permalink
I wonder what MKL654321 thinks about he election. Oh wait....
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
September 12th, 2016 at 8:51:32 PM permalink

Wow! "Sexism"...you might even have a point there if Hillary and darling husband hadn't brought us more than 20 years of questionable behavior. Trump is no saint. He lies in business; she lies in politics. How you come up with "sexism" in that is pretty far out there.

Simple: she's being criticized for it, he's not. If you don't attribute that to "it's acceptable for men to lie but not for women" then to what do you attribute it? Do you dispute the notion that, if their genders were reversed, Hillary's resume on a man would be leading Donald's resume on a woman by a wide margin? If so, on what grounds?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
September 12th, 2016 at 9:24:34 PM permalink

Simple: she's being criticized for it, he's not. If you don't attribute that to "it's acceptable for men to lie but not for women" then to what do you attribute it?

It is attributable to the same allegations against Dole and McCain.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
September 12th, 2016 at 9:29:16 PM permalink

What on earth does "knowing a muslim" have to do with anything? I don't know any NFL players yet I can understand a football game. By your logic I cannot understand an NFL game since I do not "know" any players.

Really? I bet you actually do know football players -- you went to high school with a bunch of them. You've also watched or attended dozens or hundreds of games, and you may even have played a bit yourself. So you know the whole picture, don't you? You know all about different play types, the skill positions vs. the linemen, tactics for the two minute drill, when to fake a punt, etc. That's a lot of information that you've learned because you've been thoroughly exposed to it over decades.

Now imagine someone from, say, Ethiopia has never seen American football before, and instead of showing them hundreds of games from start to finish, you show them the "dirtiest hits and worst injuries" compilation. Naturally, they'd think that football was all about breaking legs, stomping on hands and groins with spiky shoes, and trying to rip people's heads off by the facemask. That's not true, but that's the only "knowledge" they've learned from the drastically-incomplete videos they've seen. They never saw a full game or met any players, they just saw clips of extreme violence spoon-fed to them by someone who was trying to make the game look super violent.

When it comes to Islam, that's you. You've never been to a mosque, never observed a call to prayer, and don't know anyone who practices the religion. Your entire "knowledge" of Islam comes from news clips of extreme violence spoon-fed to you by someone who was trying to make the religion look super violent. It is correct to discard that Ethiopian's opinion of football as ignorant and wrong, and it is equally correct to discard your opinion of Islam as ignorant and wrong.

Quote:

I am supporting Trump because I find Hillary completely unqualified and totally dangerous in her views.

If you don't like Hillary, don't vote for her. But that's not a reason specifically to vote for Trump -- there are literally hundreds of other presidential candidates. Here's the list:
http://www.fec.gov/press/resources/2016presidential_form2dt.shtml
and it includes:
Evan McMullin,
Gary Johnson,
Jill Stein,
Super Reagan,
Patrick Anthony Drake,
James "Titus the Great" Law,
Dr. Zakk Flash,
Mr. Porcupines R. Spikey, Jr.
Kim Jong Un,
Commandant Dog Eating Maniacal Fish Brained Ugly Moose Lookalike Fool That Will Be Elected,
Yeshua Lord Mightygod Jesus Christ,
One Cent Piece,
Don't Vote for Trump,
Disco Daddy, and
Zorro the Cockroach.

Certainly you can find a worthy candidate to support in that esteemed collection of fellow Americans.

For someone who has so often indicated your belief in the superiority of "real men," it's out of character for you waffle on the true reason you're a Trump voter. Admit that your support for Trump has nothing to do with Hillary and the Americans she stands for, and everything to do with Trump himself and the Americans he stands against.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
September 12th, 2016 at 10:20:39 PM permalink

You can't supply any "clear evidence that proves it." Go on--do you have data about the wishes of that "alarming percentage"? Actual, factual data, as opposed to something you pulled out of your butt?

Look, your refusal to look at my factual data doesn't mean I didn't supply it. And quoting Pew Research, CBS News, The Telegraph etc. isn't what rational people would describe as "pulling it out of your butt". Here's a longer excerpt of that page of worldwide Muslim opinion polls which I already provided:

Quote:

ICM Poll: 20% of British Muslims sympathize with 7/7 bombers
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

NOP Research: 1 in 4 British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/14/opinion/main1893879.shtml&date=2011-04-06
http://www.webcitation.org/5xkMGAEvY

Channel Four (2006): 31% of younger British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified compared to 14% of those over 45.
http://www.policyexchange.org.uk/images/publications/living%20apart%20together%20-%20jan%2007.pdf

People-Press: 31% of Turks support suicide attacks against Westerners in Iraq.
http://people-press.org/report/206/a-year-after-iraq-war

YNet: One third of Palestinians (32%) supported the slaughter of a Jewish family, including the children:
http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011/04/06/32-of-palestinians-support-infanticide/
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4053251,00.html

World Public Opinion: 83% of Egyptians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Indonesians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on American troops.
68% of Moroccans approve of attacks on American troops.
90% of Palestinians approve of attacks on American troops.
72% of Jordanians approve of attacks on American troops.
52% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (39% oppose)
A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on American troops.
About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

World Public Opinion (2009): 30% of Palestinians support attacks on American civilians working in Muslim countries. 24% support the murder of Americans on U.S. soil.
Only 74% of Turks and 55% of Pakistanis disapprove of terror attacks against civilians on U.S. soil.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

Pew Research (2010): 55% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hezbollah
30% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hezbollah
45% of Nigerian Muslims have a positive view of Hezbollah (26% negative)
43% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hezbollah (30% negative)
http://pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/

It goes on for pages and pages and pages. http://thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/opinion-polls.aspx

You actually, I'm sorry, don't know jack about what American Muslims want (how would you?).

From SURVEYS. Duh! For example, from the same source:

"Pew Research (2007): 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified."

It's kind of ironic that you say I don't know jack about what American Muslims want when you're the one who's ignoring the data.

Your [sic] making a ridiculous and stupid statement like that shows your ignorance.

I'm seeing a pattern here:

* Thinking that immigration lawyers know about immigration law = IGNORANT
* Making a statement based on a plethora of evidence = RIDICULOUS

I provided plenty of data. If you have data showing that there *isn't* widespread support for violence among a significant percentage of Muslims, let's see it. Otherwise, it's pretty silly to resort to name-calling just because you wish the evidence I cited didn't exist.

Look, we get it. You hate them. They're DIFFERENT. They're all terrorists. They all want to kill Americans.

No, I never said any of that. Classic straw man. Surely you can do better than this.

I don't care in the slightest about your extremist opinions, given that you're willing--a la Trump--to make all sorts of false statements and twist the facts to support your hate.

Come on, name one false statement I've made. And give me an example of hate. What, quoting data from a survey qualifies as hate now? Interesting definitions you have.

You can't be educated, and I won't try.

Well, I can differentiate your and you're, what does that tell you? Nothing, I'm guessing.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
RonC
RonC
September 13th, 2016 at 12:20:30 AM permalink

Simple: she's being criticized for it, he's not. If you don't attribute that to "it's acceptable for men to lie but not for women" then to what do you attribute it? Do you dispute the notion that, if their genders were reversed, Hillary's resume on a man would be leading Donald's resume on a woman by a wide margin? If so, on what grounds?

What election coverage are you watching and/or reading? I see criticism of Trump all over the place... I just did a google search on the subject and came up with literally hundreds of things critical of Trump's ability to tell the truth.

Why is it automatically an "-ism" if a large group of people don't like someone who is not all that likable? Bill Clinton is an engaging, personable speaker who could make a speech and convince folks to support him. Hillary Clinton is not Bill Clinton. It has nothing to do with "sexism"; she is just not likable. Perhaps it is the years in the public eye or all the scandals that she was part of, real or perceived (and some were real, of course) that make the path to the White House harder for her than it should be. People are tired of both the families who have dominated politics for many years; that is part of the reason Jeb Bush gained no real traction in the primaries. The other reason is that he was boring as hell. HRC suffers from both of those things, yet she will probably be President.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 13th, 2016 at 2:28:39 AM permalink

When it comes to Islam, that's you. You've never been to a mosque, never observed a call to prayer, and don't know anyone who practices the religion. Your entire "knowledge" of Islam comes from news clips of extreme violence spoon-fed to you by someone who was trying to make the religion look super violent. It is correct to discard that Ethiopian's opinion of football as ignorant and wrong, and it is equally correct to discard your opinion of Islam as ignorant and wrong.

Faulty example. I am not trying to take a test to be an Imam or know how a service is performed. I do not need to know that to observe that islam is the most intolerant and violent major religion on earth. It is not from watching "news clips" that I have learned this. It is from reading and living history. I am old enough to remember when Iran had their islamic revolution. I remember what they did to our embassy and people. Oh, and to their own people as well. I have both read and seen the history of muslims trying to wipe Israel off the map. Is that a "news clip?" Do I need to go to a muslim service to understand that?

If you think islam is all find and dandy, all rainbows and unicorns, that is fine. But use some facts in your defense. Tell me how where muslims are living in peace and how wonderful muslim countries are. Of course, in a debate expect me to ask if those countries are so great then why are so many muslims trying to get the hell out of them. Tell me about how great they great islam treats women and non-muslims. And explain it in general terms, not some muslim family you know. Don't tell me to go listen to some expert like in global warming. Build a good defense of islam, I'd love to hear one because I never have,

Quote:

If you don't like Hillary, don't vote for her. But that's not a reason specifically to vote for Trump -- there are literally hundreds of other presidential candidates.

For someone who has so often indicated your belief in the superiority of "real men," it's out of character for you waffle on the true reason you're a Trump voter. Admit that your support for Trump has nothing to do with Hillary and the Americans she stands for, and everything to do with Trump himself and the Americans he stands against.

I do not see Trump "standing against Americans." Mexican Illegals are not Americans, they are Mexicans. Overseas muslims are not Americans. And yes, I want a POTUS who will protect the borders and keep undesirables out. Trump talks common sense. He may not be perfect, but his faults do not mean I will waste a vote on a fringe candidate.
ams288
ams288
September 13th, 2016 at 7:20:33 AM permalink
Is it possible that the Clinton campaign is making lemons out of lemonade and using this whole pneumonia thing as a way to lower expectations for the first debate?

Let's be realistic: Hillary has a much higher bar to overcome than Trump. If Trump stands upright for the full 90 minutes and doesn't drool over himself, his supporters will declare him the winner and say the election is over.

Whereas in order for Hillary to get good reviews, she has to be on point the whole time and can't really afford to say anything super dumb like Trump can, because it's basically expected that Trump will lie and say stupid things and then deny ever saying them shortly after.
RonC
RonC
September 13th, 2016 at 7:55:19 AM permalink

Is it possible that the Clinton campaign is making lemons out of lemonade and using this whole pneumonia thing as a way to lower expectations for the first debate?

Let's be realistic: Hillary has a much higher bar to overcome than Trump. If Trump stands upright for the full 90 minutes and doesn't drool over himself, his supporters will declare him the winner and say the election is over.

Whereas in order for Hillary to get good reviews, she has to be on point the whole time and can't really afford to say anything super dumb like Trump can, because it's basically expected that Trump will lie and say stupid things and then deny ever saying them shortly after.

I think you are looking at this all wrong. She is not campaigning to get the dedicated Trumpers to vote for her; she is after the people who are undecided. Given that the deplorables are already committed to Trump, who gives a crap how they spin her debate. The all watch Faux news and nothing else, so she won't win the spin battle there anyway... She will get good reviews from the mainstream media as long as she gets on the stage with Trump--she'll be more Presidential, she'll show more poise, she'll exhibit more coherence in her answers, etc.

Trumps supporters WILL declare him the winner, but that is really not all that important...Hillary will get better reviews from the mainstream if she is anywhere from a little worse than Trump to completely trouncing him. The bar for getting Trumpers to call her the winner is too high; that is not the bar she needs to clear...
  • Jump to: