3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 5th, 2016 at 1:54:15 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Agreed. End of story.

There was no need for you to bring Hillary into it and try to accuse her of similar hypocrisy (where none exists), now was there? When someone points out undeniable hypocrisy on the right, you have an almost impulsive need to try to find some hypocrisy on the left to attempt to balance it out or change the subject. Happens all the damn time in this thread. And I get accused of being a broken record for pointing out all the false equivalences. But that is what they are!

Whatever.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
December 5th, 2016 at 2:22:50 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

It is strange but in a lot of ways, this is due to US historical policy
The one China policy actually started in the USA and only recognizing Chiang Kai Shek and not not Mao Zedong
China had a civil war
Mao won and created the Peoples Republic of China, Chiang Kai Shek lost and fled to Taiwan and operated as the Republic of China.
For decades the USA only recognized Chiang Kai Shek as the leader of China and totally ignored Mao even though he was the leader of billions of people in Mainland China

Mao was the illegitimate leader of a billion SLAVES. Mao was an agent of Stalin and they were a Soviet Client. Philosophically bent on eventually taking over the United States and establishing world communism. That's why we had no diplomatic relations, because he murdered over 60 million people to consolidate his rule, making him the biggest murderer in history. Taiwan was a free country where you could come and go as you please. They towered above the Mainland because they had free enterprise, while the communists remained backwards. That is, until Nixon opened it up and we started transferring aid and technology to them and building them into a strong enemy. As Lenin said, we will sell them the rope to hang ourselves with.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 7th, 2016 at 11:45:56 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

That is, until Nixon opened it up and we started transferring aid and technology to them and building them into a strong enemy. As Lenin said, we will sell them the rope to hang ourselves with.

We are China's biggest customer, they need
us more than we need them. We're so
financially intertwined now that we'll never
be separated. The world will be run by the
Chinese one day, and they know it. They're
in it for the long haul, they have eternal
patience.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 7th, 2016 at 12:49:09 PM permalink
Would the government object if China pursued a One America policy but sold weapons to Tejas?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 7th, 2016 at 3:26:05 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

We are China's biggest customer, they need
us more than we need them. .

LOL
China govt rules through pure power
They don't give a crap about their people
These are life long leadership positions.
If the economy tanks, Trump will lose in 2020 while the China leadership will continue to rule regardless how their economy performs
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 8th, 2016 at 7:05:00 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

#BARON TRUMP 2040

There is mounting evidence that Barron Trump is autistic.

I bet he is very smart, but he probably lacks the social skills that would be necessary to run a successful Presidential campaign.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
December 8th, 2016 at 8:15:34 AM permalink
I think it is in poor taste to even speculate on mental or physical impairment of a child. I said time and time again it was wrong to do it to Obama's girls. They did not ask to be put in the spotlight, nor did this child.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 8:17:04 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

I think it is in poor taste to even speculate on mental or physical impairment of a child. I said time and time again it was wrong to do it to Obama's girls. They did not ask to be put in the spotlight, nor did this child.

I think it is in poor taste to mock reporters with disabilities, but apparently that gets you elected President...
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
December 8th, 2016 at 8:21:58 AM permalink

I think it is in poor taste to mock reporters with disabilities, but apparently that gets you elected President...

Right, we get it, you think his father is a jerk. I honestly think you are right. As a life long conservative that is one of the reasons I could not bring myself to vote for him.

Does that mean his son should pay for sins of the father?
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 8:31:17 AM permalink

Does that mean his son should pay for sins of the father?

I don't consider discussing his son's potential autism as "paying for his father's sins." I have autistic relatives, there's nothing wrong with being autistic (but based on Donald's prior behavior with people with disabilities, maybe he disagrees...). I can absolutely understand why the topic will make some uncomfortable.

But I find the topic interesting. Especially if you go back to some of the GOP debates and Donald's old tweets and see what he had to say about vaccines and autism. Very revealing.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
December 8th, 2016 at 8:39:46 AM permalink
Autism is a disability (I understand that it ranges on a large scale) and I don't think that people should be so flippant about throwing out speculation about whether he is or is not. If his parents choose to disclose it, then that is their business.

Did it bother you when the right was speculating on Secretary Clinton's potential health issues?
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 8:47:18 AM permalink

Autism is a disability (I understand that it ranges on a large scale) and I don't think that people should be so flippant about throwing out speculation about whether he is or is not. If his parents choose to disclose it, then that is their business.

Did it bother you when the right was speculating on Secretary Clinton's potential health issues?

"Bother" is an interesting word. I wouldn't say it bothered me. I'm sure if someone is dedicated enough they could go back and see that there is a long track record of me on this message board calling the rumors and conspiracy theories about her health "nonsense." So it would also not bother me to have a Trump supporter call the autism speculation "nonsense" as well.

One difference is we had members like EvenBob constantly posting pictures and videos showing us how sickly and close to death Hillary allegedly was.

There is plenty of video evidence supporting Barron Trump's alleged condition, but I wouldn't post it here.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 8th, 2016 at 8:49:30 AM permalink

"Bother" is an interesting word. I wouldn't say it bothered me. I'm sure if someone is dedicated enough they could go back and see that there is a long track record of me on this message board calling the rumors and conspiracy theories about her health "nonsense." So it would also not bother me to have a Trump supporter call the autism speculation "nonsense" as well.

One difference is we had members like EvenBob constantly posting pictures and videos showing us how sickly and close to death Hillary allegedly was.

There is plenty of video evidence supporting Barron Trump's alleged condition, but I wouldn't post it here.

Yetttttt........you're talking about it here. Hmmmm..........
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 8:54:26 AM permalink
Quote: RS

It's an interesting topic to me. I will make no apologies for it.

Could explain a lot of the Trump family's behavior over the past year or so.

Also, tweets like this:

Sounds to me like a father who may be speaking from experience.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
December 8th, 2016 at 9:01:12 AM permalink

There are a lot of nuts who believe in the vaccination = autism BS. That does not mean Trump has been personally effected by it. That is a pretty large leap.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
December 8th, 2016 at 9:01:17 AM permalink
Duplicate post...damn that post button is sensitive!
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 9:02:08 AM permalink

There are a lot of nuts who believe in the vaccination = autism BS. That does not mean Trump has been personally effected by it. That is a pretty large leap.

Maybe it is (a leap - it certainly is BS). But I feel like you're ignoring the other evidence in this particular case.
RS
RS
December 8th, 2016 at 9:05:14 AM permalink

Maybe it is (a leap - it certainly is BS). But I feel like you're ignoring the other evidence in this particular case.

There is no other evidence in this thread, at least recently. And since you said you wouldn't be posting all of it (although it looks like you're starting down that path), I guess we can just say case closed.

Or are you gonna start posting evidence that you said you wouldn't be?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 8th, 2016 at 9:08:35 AM permalink
If he has autism, or if he doesn't have it, he still should be off limits. Nothing good comes from speculating about it.
I suggest you move on. Plenty of real problems with the new administration, you don't need to pick on a kid.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 9:10:57 AM permalink

Or are you gonna start posting evidence that you said you wouldn't be?

Maybe.
RS
RS
December 8th, 2016 at 9:55:48 AM permalink
Yup. We sure better hope the big scary monster Mike Pence doesn't force electroshock therapy. That would be scary.
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 10:07:21 AM permalink

Yup. We sure better hope the big scary monster Mike Pence doesn't force electroshock therapy. That would be scary.

On who? Barron?
terapined
terapined
December 8th, 2016 at 10:17:56 AM permalink

[
Also, tweets like this:

This is way more offensive to me then discussing Trumps kids
Wow
He thinks vaccines equals autism
That is simply sick
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 10:20:11 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

This is way more offensive to me then discussing Trumps kids
Wow
He thinks vaccines equals autism
That is simply sick

He said the same thing in one or two of the GOP debates, surrounded by two doctors (Ben Carson and Rand Paul).
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
December 8th, 2016 at 10:20:40 AM permalink

It's an interesting topic to me. I will make no apologies for it.

Could explain a lot of the Trump family's behavior over the past year or so.

Also, tweets like this:

May be the first time you have ever given him credit for knowing what is talking about when he Tweets. Guess if it fits your agenda, you are fine with it.
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 10:29:25 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

May be the first time you have ever given him credit for knowing what is talking about when he Tweets. Guess if it fits your agenda, you are fine with it.

What are you talking about? "My agenda?"

I think it's idiotic to associate vaccines with autism. How would those tweets fit "my agenda?"

My theory is that Barron is autistic, and Donald blames vaccines for it. Go back to the debate where Donald discusses seeing a "beautiful little baby" getting vaccinated and then developing a fever and becoming autistic afterwards. It may just be a crazy conspiracy theory - but hey, I can't allow MaxPen and bobbartop to have all the fun!!
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
December 8th, 2016 at 10:42:43 AM permalink
Was anyone here alive when medical doctors were endorsing cigarettes? "My patients prefer the smooth flavor of blah blah"'.
100% risk of ruin
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
December 8th, 2016 at 10:48:59 AM permalink
Barron is a great name that hopefully becomes more common. No offense to the Wizard, but I think he'd agree, that if even a tenth of the Mikes could be Barrons the flat earth would be a better place.
100% risk of ruin
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
December 8th, 2016 at 11:08:04 AM permalink

I don't consider discussing his son's potential autism as "paying for his father's sins." I have autistic relatives, there's nothing wrong with being autistic (but based on Donald's prior behavior with people with disabilities, maybe he disagrees...). I can absolutely understand why the topic will make some uncomfortable.

But I find the topic interesting. Especially if you go back to some of the GOP debates and Donald's old tweets and see what he had to say about vaccines and autism. Very revealing.

So just to be clear, one can make fun of someone, (whether the facts show the teasing is in truth or not) but as long as they qualify the obvious xenophobia there is nothing wrong with the thing they are ridiculing.

So I guess we can now deride blacks, hispanics, whites, liberals, muslims, etc so long as we say they couldn't help their shortcomings, it's okay.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
December 8th, 2016 at 11:11:32 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

So just to be clear, one can make fun of someone, (whether the facts show the teasing is in truth or not) but as long as they qualify the obvious xenophobia there is nothing wrong with the thing they are ridiculing.

So I guess we can now deride blacks, hispanics, whites, liberals, muslims, etc so long as we say they couldn't help their shortcomings, it's okay.

To be clear, while I don't agree with what Ams is doing (theorizing that Barron is autistic), I don't think he ever "made fun of" or "derided" him.
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 11:17:05 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

Who's making fun of Barron? Certainly not me.

EDIT: He's probably my favorite Trump!
terapined
terapined
December 8th, 2016 at 11:59:52 AM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Was anyone here alive when medical doctors were endorsing cigarettes? "My patients prefer the smooth flavor of blah blah"'.

How old are you?
I'm 58
Never smoked a cig
Growing up it was common knowledge cig's were bad for your health
regardless
We had some overseas Chinese Medical Doctors visit my home and family socially when I was a kid
They smoked and they are Doctors.
I was aghast even as a little kid lol
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
December 8th, 2016 at 12:06:31 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

They also used to smoke in the office, but it's not because there were studies that showed cigarettes were healthy for you, it's because the studies that showed they were unhealthy hadn't been widely published yet.

There are studies that *debunk* the vaccine/autism link. One of my friends is a pediatrician who is very vocal about refuting this ignorant anti-vaxxer crowd. The initial paper that proposed the link was both retracted by the journal that published it and called "an elaborate fraud" by another:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html
http://www.publichealth.org/public-awareness/understanding-vaccines/vaccine-myths-debunked/

Fake news has been making the headlines this year, but this bogus autism/vaccine study was fake news that has been severely damaging public health for nearly 20 years. There was an outbreak of measles at Disneyland last year...
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
December 8th, 2016 at 12:16:17 PM permalink
My criticism is that none proposed Trump's daughters for 2040 before Barron. Typical.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
December 8th, 2016 at 12:18:53 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

My criticism is that none proposed Trump's daughters for 2040 before Barron. Typical.

Well yeah, they're all women. :)
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 12:26:33 PM permalink

Actually, RS, you proposed Ivanka for 2024!

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/all-other/25807-2016-election-part-ii/488/#post564292
RS
RS
December 8th, 2016 at 12:31:10 PM permalink

Actually, RS, you proposed Ivanka for 2024!

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/all-other/25807-2016-election-part-ii/488/#post564292

And?
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 12:37:02 PM permalink

And?

Your response about them being all women seemed to ignore your previous post.
RS
RS
Thanked by
RogerKint
December 8th, 2016 at 1:00:17 PM permalink

Your response about them being all women seemed to ignore your previous post.

How's that?
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 1:08:35 PM permalink

How's that?

See below:

Clinton got rekt.

#IvankaTrump2024

If you can't understand what I'm talking about, I don't think I can be any help. Perhaps you need to take a remedial English course.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 8th, 2016 at 2:21:47 PM permalink
Why do illegal immigrants feel they have rights. There is a case happening locally where an illegal got pulled over for driving without a license and no insurance.

A week later immigration showed up at his home and arrested him. He has a hearing next month and is currently being held. There are now protests and peoplease whining about it. Wtf, he broke the law at least twice. Came here undocumented and broke our laws while here. F him, deport him without a hearing. That is definitely one issue that I hope trump doesn't turn his back on
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
terapined
terapined
December 8th, 2016 at 2:31:42 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

. That is definitely one issue that I hope trump doesn't turn his back on

I'm sure he will
Think about it
Total silence regarding the wall lol
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
December 8th, 2016 at 3:20:58 PM permalink

See below:

If you can't understand what I'm talking about, I don't think I can be any help. Perhaps you need to take a remedial English course.

Pot calling kettle black. You are so confused because you lack comprehension. It is baffling to watch you try and twist reality to fit your perspective on everything. I think most of us have you on the helpless list.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
December 8th, 2016 at 3:24:13 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Why do illegal immigrants feel they have rights.

You think someone needs to be a U.S. citizen to have rights? There are thousands of laws on the books in the U.S. that protect everyone, regardless of immigration status. For example:
Quote: NRS 200.010

  “Murder” defined.  Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being:
1.  With malice aforethought, either express or implied;

"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 5:04:03 PM permalink

Pot calling kettle black. You are so confused because you lack comprehension. It is baffling to watch you try and twist reality to fit your perspective on everything. I think most of us have you on the helpless list.

Stop with the personal insults already.
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 5:18:03 PM permalink
Rosie O’Donnell Finally Apologizes to Melania Trump for Barron Trump Autism Speculation

Very interesting. Rosie has a daughter who was recently diagnosed with high functioning autism. There is nothing shameful about it...

It would explain why Melania is so keen to stay hidden up in Trump Tower with Barron, with taxpayers footing the massive security bill.

Can you imagine if Michelle Obama would have kept the girls in Chicago in 2009 and made taxpayers pay for it?! Rightie heads would have exploded.
RS
RS
Thanked by
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 5:18:54 PM permalink

Perhaps you need to take a remedial English course.

Pot calling kettle black.

This.
ams288
ams288
December 8th, 2016 at 5:37:30 PM permalink
Donald Trump will remain EP on 'Celebrity Apprentice'

You. Can't. Make. This. Stuff. Up.

Quote:

That agreement, first reported by Variety and confirmed by sources at NBC and the Trump campaign, means the president will have an interest in a show aired by a media company that also reports on his presidency -- a major conflict of interest for the network.

Nothing to see here, huh righties? I'm sure if the Clintons had the same deal you'd be just fine with it...
RS
RS
Thanked by
bobbartop
December 8th, 2016 at 5:47:57 PM permalink
Omg. Just looked into the "Barron trump autisfic" thing. So pretty much he's a 10 year old kid (4th or 5th grade), and he's apparently autistic because he was yawning and tired and nervous/shy-looking......at 3am in front of thousands of people in a crowd and millions more watching on TV. I mean, at least have something to back up your (generic you) claims.

It's like the same thing with kids being hyper or poor attention span -- automatically means they have ADHD or ADD. (I'm not saying some don't, because some certainly do, you get the point.)

Not surprised Trump said some unfavorable things about Rosie O'Donnell.
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
December 8th, 2016 at 8:14:05 PM permalink

I didn't see any until including and after this post.

"If you can't understand what I'm talking about, I don't think I can be any help. Perhaps you need to take a remedial English course."
  • Jump to: