Thread Rating:

s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
December 18th, 2013 at 5:46:49 PM permalink
A neighbor to the family said "I've known they had guns; they've carried them in public on their side, they've got permits for them and I just thought they always were a little bit more responsible than that."
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
December 25th, 2013 at 7:46:10 AM permalink
Merry Christmas Everyone

Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 29th, 2013 at 2:43:53 AM permalink
Katie Worthman lived in Austria as a young girl. Here's her opinion on guns:

"The government said, 'The guns are very dangerous. Children are playing with guns. Hunting accidents happen, and we really have to have total controlled safety. And we had criminals again. And the only way that we can trace the criminal was by the serial number of the gun.'"

“So we dutifully went to the police station, and we registered our guns. Not long after they said, 'No, it didn’t help. The only way that we won’t have accidents and crimes...you bring the guns to the police station, and then we don’t have any crimes anymore and any accidents.'"

"Keep your guns! Keep your guns and buy more guns!"

Fighting BS one post at a time!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 3rd, 2014 at 11:42:45 PM permalink
SEE YA: Top gun company splits from Colorado, costing state $85 million

Nice going, libs! You guys do a good job of messing up your OWN states. lol
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 13th, 2014 at 5:11:42 PM permalink
Don't you wish sometimes that you could just shoot that guy in the theater who is texting during the previews?

Better think twice about that because it doesn't qualify as standing your ground.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 15th, 2014 at 5:17:40 AM permalink
Ooops, there really isn't an epidemic of mass shootings.Despite what the liberals and lamestreams want us to think.

Still ready to give up your freedoms for "security?"
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 15th, 2014 at 6:12:27 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Ooops, there really isn't an epidemic of mass shootings.Despite what the liberals and lamestreams want us to think.

Wait, wait, wait. So you're saying that all the things I said using little more than obvious common sense - AR bans are pointless, background checks don't help, video games are a non issue, and shootings aren't some huge problem that are going to take your family next - were true? You're saying that all of this is mostly media hype? You're saying that politicians were again using fear to power grab?

I am shocked. Shocked, I say!

Still ready to give up your freedoms for "security?"

Perhaps this will not reach my atheist friends, but this atheist giggled...

Once upon a time there was this being, and he was called God. He was omnicient and omnipresent. He created the heavens and the Earth, he created every single thing there is, was, and ever will be. All of the universe, the entirety of everything, was created by Him in the span of a few hours.

On one of these days, He created man, and He followed it up by creating woman. He gave them stewardship over everything he created. All of it. He only had one rule. A "law", if you will. Do Not Eat From the Tree of Knowledge.

How'd that work out? =D
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 15th, 2014 at 3:53:01 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Perhaps this will not reach my atheist friends, but this atheist giggled...

Once upon a time there was this being, and he was called God. He was omnicient and omnipresent. He created the heavens and the Earth, he created every single thing there is, was, and ever will be. All of the universe, the entirety of everything, was created by Him in the span of a few hours.

On one of these days, He created man, and He followed it up by creating woman. He gave them stewardship over everything he created. All of it. He only had one rule. A "law", if you will. Do Not Eat From the Tree of Knowledge.

How'd that work out? =D

I look at that and think the way women change the dynamic of men dealing with each other has never changed. Consider....

God told Adam, "Hey, this is a great place I made just for you. One rule, don't ever, and I mean EVER eat from that big tree in the middle. Other than that do whatever you want and I will check in with you from time to time."

Adam said, "Sure, this is a great place and there is all kinds of stuff to eat here. Why would I ever need to eat from that tree?"

Thus all worked out great, then Eve shows up. She convinces Adam he is somehow getting screwed and gets him to eat from the tree. God found out and boy was he POed at it all. He gave them all of paradise, asks one thing in return, and still Eve changed the whole thing. And he was just as sore at Adam for caving in.

So he told them to get in back of his Plymouth and after he dropped them off they were on their own.

Now, who has not seen this happen. Guy works for another guy, good relationship. Then the second guy gets a girlfriend or gets married. Soon, and very soon she convinces him he is getting the short end of the stick. And that is that. From small garages all over the land to The Beatles, happens every time.
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
January 24th, 2014 at 8:40:40 AM permalink
Read this and ask yourself ....should this guy be carrying a gun

http://www.freep.com/article/20140121/NEWS07/301210058/indiana-police-chief-shoots-self?odyssey=obinsite
Face
Administrator
Face
January 24th, 2014 at 8:48:19 AM permalink
GLOCKs do have a trigger safety. They're widely regarded as one of the safest handguns due to their three safety system. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a politician got this wrong.

I do wonder how it supposedly "got caught". You can't fire a GLOCK without pulling the trigger. Bumping it or side pressure won't do it. A curious story.

Also wondering how he shot his own hand unloading it. Your hand ain't anywhere near the business end at any point during unloading.

Queer all around.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
January 24th, 2014 at 9:00:45 AM permalink
Bizarro.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
January 24th, 2014 at 9:10:29 AM permalink
Does anybody actually believe that American's guns are going to be taken away? Law enforcement is still trying to figure out how to keep drugs out of jail.
Each day is better than the next
Face
Administrator
Face
January 24th, 2014 at 9:29:04 AM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Does anybody actually believe that American's guns are going to be taken away? Law enforcement is still trying to figure out how to keep drugs out of jail.

Since, if they can track me down, they'll come take my gear and throw me in jail, yes. Since, if someone calls 1-855-GUNSNYS and reports me so they can claim their $500 check, they'll come take my gear and throw me in jail, yes. Since, if I can't find a reason to give up my rights by force and sneak thief tactics, they'll come take my gear and throw me in jail, yes.

So... yes. All of them? No. But even one gun taken from a law abiding citizen is too many.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
January 24th, 2014 at 9:32:58 AM permalink

But even one gun taken from a law abiding citizen is too many.

And they'll hold you responsible when they shoot themselves with it... :=O
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
January 24th, 2014 at 9:36:53 AM permalink

So... yes. All of them? No. But even one gun taken from a law abiding citizen is too many.

If a law abiding citizen allows anybody to take their gun/guns away, I would argue that said person doesn't deserve to have a gun. Again, I can't imagine American's turning their guns in.....that wouldn't be very American.
Face
Administrator
Face
January 24th, 2014 at 9:44:00 AM permalink

If a law abiding citizen allows anybody to take their gun/guns away, I would argue that said person doesn't deserve to have a gun. Again, I can't imagine American's turning their guns in.....that wouldn't be very American.

Hence, my civil disobedience. Maybe we can watch each other's back when we're both in the clink ;)
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
January 24th, 2014 at 10:01:09 AM permalink

Hence, my civil disobedience. Maybe we can watch each other's back when we're both in the clink ;)

Mr Google tells me there are 91,000,000 single family homes in the US. A door to door search could prove to be difficult. The US military has a difficult time controlling third world villages.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 10th, 2014 at 1:16:52 PM permalink
Supreme Court Asked to Clarify What it Means to ‘Bear’ Arms
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 10th, 2014 at 3:02:10 PM permalink

Mr Google tells me there are 91,000,000 single family homes in the US. A door to door search could prove to be difficult. The US military has a difficult time controlling third world villages.

Americans let FDR steal their gold in the 1930s. When 47% of the population prefers "free health care" to "freedom" anything can happen.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
February 10th, 2014 at 3:40:15 PM permalink

Since, if someone calls 1-855-GUNSNYS and reports me so they can claim their $500 check, they'll come take my gear and throw me in jail.

Reporting tax fraud is probably more ev+ than reporting guns since they'll give one a percentage of the recovery. Just sayin'. I mean if people are going for the best return. : )
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 10th, 2014 at 3:49:45 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Reporting tax fraud is probably more ev+ than reporting guns since they'll give one a percentage of the recovery. Just sayin'. I mean if people are going for the best return. : )

Rats will eat from whatever is in the garbage can.
Face
Administrator
Face
February 10th, 2014 at 4:05:11 PM permalink
This thread pops back up right as I have more to add? Perfect =)

Basically, I just have to laugh. After all of the hubbub, all of the clamoring, all of the Unconstitutional laws that have recently been passed here in the People's Republic, manufacturers simply changed some cosmetic features and now the scary AR is back to being legal in my home state.

When are we going to focus on the real issue and cease the madness?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 10th, 2014 at 4:44:04 PM permalink

Basically, I just have to laugh. After all of the hubbub, all of the clamoring, all of the Unconstitutional laws that have recently been passed here in the People's Republic, manufacturers simply changed some cosmetic features and now the scary AR is back to being legal in my home state.

Quit sending all that money to Albany, NYC, and Long Island. Form your own state. Sell the naming rights to lower taxes.
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
February 10th, 2014 at 6:27:19 PM permalink

That is one ugly M-Fer.

Now you just need Magpul to print up some 7 round pmags....
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 10th, 2014 at 6:41:01 PM permalink

Since, if they can track me down, they'll come take my gear and throw me in jail, yes. Since, if someone calls 1-855-GUNSNYS and reports me so they can claim their $500 check, they'll come take my gear and throw me in jail, yes. Since, if I can't find a reason to give up my rights by force and sneak thief tactics, they'll come take my gear and throw me in jail, yes.

So, if I need $500 for gambling, I know who to call...
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Face
Administrator
Face
February 10th, 2014 at 7:29:06 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

So, if I need $500 for gambling, I know who to call...

$553.85 in your money. But I'd have to rescind my offer of an AR when global warming causes the Bering Strait to freeze and Russians march over. Not to mention all the (gasp!) Republicans about to flee the People's Republic for Southern Ontario. Your call ;)

Quote: Maverick17

That is one ugly M-Fer.

Now you just need Magpul to print up some 7 round pmags....

The 7 round limit was dropped in court as being arbitrary and completely idiotic. We're back up to 10, because that's not...arbitrary and, uh...idiotic.

So now they're making (legal) ugly monstrosities that are the exact same as the (illegal) scary gun that are the exact same as the (legal) simple wood stock ones we already had. In other words, after violating the Constitution, making enemies out of neighbors, creating criminals out of the common citizen, and spending untold millions of dollars, they got the following deadly and highly dangerous item "off the streets"...

I eagerly await the plaintiff's counterpoint.
Maverick17
Maverick17
February 11th, 2014 at 8:25:02 AM permalink

The 7 round limit was dropped in court as being arbitrary and completely idiotic. We're back up to 10, because that's not...arbitrary and, uh...idiotic.

Andy Cuomo is a genius. Pure and simple. Just admit his awesomeness radiates like kittens from heaven, only then will you find the nirvana you seek.

Get a detachable backstrap on that thing and it becomes lethal!
Face
Administrator
Face
February 11th, 2014 at 9:34:32 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

Andy Cuomo is a genius. Pure and simple. Just admit his awesomeness radiates like kittens from heaven, only then will you find the nirvana you seek.

No. Comment.

Quote: Maverick

Get a detachable backstrap on that thing and it becomes lethal!

This is the "Violator", so dubbed because I made it as tacti-cool as possible just to protest the absurdity...

Here, it has a muzzle brake (illegal), forward pistol grip (illegal), rear pistol grip (illegal), 12X scope, and sling.

Since this pic, I've added a pressure sensitive laser sight, 30 rounder (illegal, not shown), red dot scope, adjustable stock (illegal), and made it full auto (you guessed it).

With the exception of the muzzle brake, every single other piece has only served to make this rifle worse and worse, to the point it has gone from a proper and well serving tool to little more than a useless play thing. Of course, the ignorant cannot ken how the grips make it wayward and harder to manipulate, how the scope interferes with the action, how the laser sight destroys any ability of covert ops, or how full auto is uncontrollable and a total waste of ammo. It simply looks more dangerous, so it must be banned.

Of my rifles, it is the last I'd use for anything, worse even than my bolt action Mosin. Of my shotguns, I'd pick any one of them for any reason before the Violator. There is but one pistol I deem worse than it, which is a $60, .22cal double action revolver with no rifling that sprays powder back into your eyes every time you fire it. In short, speaking from a functionality standpoint, the gun pictured above is garbage. I daresay nearly worthless, all because of the addition of parts which have been deemed by the ignorant to be "highly dangerous" and "lethal".

It's a strange, strange world here in the People's Republic.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 14th, 2014 at 4:00:06 AM permalink
Even the liberal 9th Circus US Court has said "need" is not a valid restriction on concealed-carry laws!

Hopefully they do the same on magazine-size restrictions and other feel-good regs.

And eventually they should even get rid of the law requiring you to show ID to buy a gun as that restriction keeps many people from exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 14th, 2014 at 4:15:58 AM permalink

And eventually they should even get rid of the law requiring you to show ID to buy a gun

Asking for ID is racist!! ;)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 23rd, 2014 at 5:54:53 PM permalink
After hearing Piers Morgan's idiotic gun rants over the past 3 years, this just made my day:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/02/23/report-cnn-to-end-piers-morgans-show/5764495
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 23rd, 2014 at 6:09:29 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

After hearing Piers Morgan's idiotic gun rants over the past 3 years, this just made my day:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/02/23/report-cnn-to-end-piers-morgans-show/5764495

You heard them? I don't bother tuning in to lamestream media anymore.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 23rd, 2014 at 6:21:49 PM permalink
^^^^^^^^
LOL
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 1st, 2014 at 9:43:57 PM permalink
A knife-wielding gang carried out an attack Saturday evening at a rail station in the south China city of Kunming

So where are all the supporters of knife control??
rxwine
rxwine
March 2nd, 2014 at 12:23:57 AM permalink

A knife-wielding gang carried out an attack Saturday evening at a rail station in the south China city of Kunming

Working at TSA.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
March 2nd, 2014 at 5:36:43 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Working at TSA.

Chinese TSA?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 8th, 2014 at 5:37:27 AM permalink
To those of you who feel "safer" without guns, do you think Ukraine feels safer without its nukes???

Give up your guns, and you will be treated just like Ukraine!
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
March 8th, 2014 at 7:20:18 AM permalink
An Ohio Church group discovers that they are praying to the wrong God when the neighbor upstairs accidentally fires his shotgun through the floor injuring two in the prayer circle.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2014 at 8:51:05 AM permalink
Here is a dilemma for liberals and the lamestream media.

Homosexual defends himself against a black attacker with a gun!
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
March 8th, 2014 at 9:04:18 AM permalink

Are you saying the George Zimmerman, serial wife and girlfriend beater, is gay?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2014 at 9:17:12 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Are you saying the George Zimmerman, serial wife and girlfriend beater, is gay?

Martin thought he was.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
March 20th, 2014 at 3:37:42 AM permalink
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy in a dance belt.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 21st, 2014 at 6:26:39 PM permalink
If the 9th Circus says a gun law is unconstitutional just imagine how bad it really is!

"Early in February, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals held that San Diego County's rule requiring residents to show "good cause" before being allowed to obtain a concealed carry permit violates the Second Amendment.

"The court ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is, in and of itself, a sufficient cause for bearing arms for self-defense. Moreover, it is a sufficient cause both inside and outside of one's domicile," Breitbart reported on February 13. "

And the best part is if you do not like guns you still are free not to own one.
Maverick17
Maverick17
March 26th, 2014 at 12:40:56 AM permalink
http://www.freep.com/article/20140325/NEWS04/303250094/Syringe-Roseville-Home-Depot-gun

If you were the security guard getting stabbed with a potentially infected needle, I'd bet you would be glad you live in a country with a 2nd Amendment and some guy nearby who exercised his right to that 2nd amendment...

No wait,

He probably would not have died from getting stabbed with a needle, AIDS infested or otherwise, so I guess guns are still bad.....
rxwine
rxwine
June 8th, 2014 at 3:18:41 PM permalink
Quote:

At least three people have been killed in a shooting involving Las Vegas police officers, authorities say.

Las Vegas police spokesman Larry Hadfield told The Associated Press that the spree began around 11:30 a.m. Sunday when a man and woman walked into CiCi's Pizza restaurant on North Nellis Boulevard and shot two officers who were eating lunch.

The suspects took the officers' weapons and ammunition before storming out of the pizzeria, Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill told KVVU Fox 5.

Investigators say the two suspects fled to the Walmart across the street, where they shot a person inside and then killed themselves. Police and a SWAT team were dispatched to the scene, KVVU Fox 5 reports.

Hadfield said one of the suspects yelled, "This is a revolution," but the motive for the shooting remains under investigation.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department posted on its Twitter page that it was investigating the shooting and people have been injured. Authorities urged residents to avoid the area.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/08/2-police-officers-shot-in-las-vegas/
rxwine
rxwine
June 27th, 2014 at 8:37:07 PM permalink
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 4th, 2015 at 8:05:47 PM permalink
I like how he presents this.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Face
Administrator
Face
March 15th, 2015 at 12:09:24 AM permalink
Surprised no one mentioned the recent attempt to ban .223's. So allow me. It's rant time. Let's do this.

So the Obama class of clowns tried to do away with the "green tips", a type of .223 round. They claimed it was "armor piercing when used in a handgun" and "put the lives of cops at risk".

Please pay attention now, because I'm going to show you why gunner and anti-gunner alike should tell them to go fly a kite.

ALL types of .223 will pierce body armor, provided they are wearing the typical kevlar vests given to most budget conscious police forces. Only a plated vest has a chance of stopping it. I shoot .223 and have blown holes clean through 1/4" steel plate, and I don't shoot green tip. I shoot a 2" thick sheet of pig iron and my .308 leaves half inch craters in it. Their claim that these certain type of rounds are "more dangerous" is horse #$%^. They all pierce armor.

You know what kills most cops? A .38. After that, a .357. After that, a 9mm. Not until number five, at 4.4% of all cops deaths at the result of a firearm, do we get to rifle ammo. The gun? The lowly .22.

Why? Because they're small and cheap, which is what crims are looking for. Take a look at this "cop killing" .223 pistol...

This what you see gang bangers toting nowadays? Of course not. Because it's huge, not all that common, and costs some $700. Anyone with one isn't likely to have it stolen because it is not valuable to a crim. They can't tote it in their pocket like all the rest. It's too damn big and draws attention.

I couldn't even find stats for cop deaths related to .223 and .308 because they're that insignificant. They're just not the weapons used in an amount of crimes reasonable to be concerned with. Yet again, those in power are telling you LIES.

Which brings me to my next point...

NYS. Oh, they so cray. They are currently trying to ban .50cals from the state. Yes, I said 50cals. The literature is worded that they are "highly dangerous" with the "ability to kill a human at a mile distance" and "can disable vehicles and infrastructure". No #$%^. But, is this a problem worthy of time, energy, and your tax dollars?

A .50cal round alone runs $5. That's $5, per shot. There is no way in hell, barring mounting it to your vehicle, that you are firing multiple shots, scary Rambo style. The rifle is 5' long and weighs damn near 40lbs. And the cheapest I ever found one (and I looked, cuz I wants), was $3k. You know what the average is? Damn close to $10,000.

You know how many crimes have been committed with a .50cal? Me neither, because I only found one source. You know what that one source said? 2. Two. Two, in the 97 year history of the round, I found one source that said 2 crimes were committed. TWO!!

This is what those in power do. They conjure up stories and conjecture, use a lot of scary buzz words, and instill fear to exercise control over you and I. And I say you and I, because it's your tax dollars, Mr. Anti-Gunner, that they're using to impose this horse #$%^. It your time they're wasting, it's your freedom they're taking, your money they're spending.

You really have no idea how ignorant these politicians are. If you yourself are ignorant, just ask and I'll take you on a ride. I'll show video proof that these guys are absolutely clueless, to the point where it will be impossible for you to ever take a word of theirs seriously again. "Deplorable" does not even begin to describe what they're doing. It's time to wake up.
Face
Administrator
Face
August 20th, 2015 at 4:54:12 PM permalink
Taken from Birth Right Citizenship thread...

Quote: harvson3

Just to be clear - you believe that the Second Amendment allows for an individual right to own a cruise missile, a functional tank, or an armed submarine?

If so, I'm awestruck.

The long answer is, well, long, but the short answer is pretty close to "yes". As a disclaimer, since I don't remember talking to you much, I am a gunner. Gun nut, ammosexual, and any other title given as an insult are things I already call myself with pride. Yeah, I suppose you could say I'm "one of those guys". I'm big on the 2nd, my Glock is exactly 7.5" away from my right pinky as we speak, and though I live in NY, I have at least one Class III weapon. You might call it a "machine gun". I pull the trigger once and all 30 rounds come out in about 2 seconds. One of those guys, indeed.

But rather than spout a bunch of nonsense you likely won't agree with anyways, may I ask some questions instead? Maybe bring up a few points and have you mull them over. Maybe you'll answer your own questions yourself.

It's already legal for a common citizen to own a tank. For low six figures, you can go get a Sherman today. I know, I know, "It's been decommissioned. I said 'functional'". Well... it's just metal. To take a decommissioned tank and make it functional really takes little more than money, which, if you have a tank, you have. Sir... Class III weapons are illegal in NY. I live in NY. I have a Class III weapon. You know how and why? Because I wanted it, and I had money. It really is that simple. That's the only thing keeping the common man from rolling through town with their very own Calvary. It's the only thing keeping them in bolt actions and sub-10 round clips. They either don't want it bad enough, or can't afford it. Laws? Pfft. If the laws kept them out of our hands, how do I have one? And I'm only in it for about $1,200. That's common man. One of those wealthy survivalists could have a number of working tanks. Some probably do already. Of course, what's a handful of tanks versus just one AFB? Owning a real, functional tank is not a big deal. I'd even say it is no concern at all.

"Armed sub" and "cruise missile" is a little cloudy. As contradictory as I may be, I do see a difference between conventional weapons and nukes. Nukes are so bad I don't think anyone should own them, .gov included, but that cat is already out of the bag. As far as conventional weapons are concerned, why not? What is a conventional cruise missile going to do? An AGM-86C (A CM I picked because I'm sort of familiar) runs about $1.5mm. For those seven figures, you have the capability to down one building. That's it. You also have the problem of both acquiring a plane to tote it (it's air launched), as well as having the personnel to do so (doubtful it's a one man job). The World Trade Centers killed 3,000 and caused untold billions of dollars, billions that are still ringing up due to procedures and fears instilled on that day. All done with a $4.65 box cutter. My hometown boy McVeigh also leveled a building and killed a whole bunch. I couldn't tell you what a fertilizer bomb runs, but it's a damn sight shorter than $1.5mm plus plane plus personnel. As absurd as it sounds, letting Face get a hold of an AGM... what is really the problem? I might blow up my mother-in-law's house? I could do the same thing with $500 and a trip to Home Depot. I could even put it on one of those nifty gyro-copter things, with a camera even. It's not supersonic, but I could buzz around my town and pick out any hapless chap I wanted. I can do that, right now, with no outside assistance, for less than a weekly paycheck. Is a CM so much more dangerous than that?

When I think about stuff like that, no. I'm not one bit comfortable entrusting others to have them while I cannot. ESPECIALLY .gov. How many times, how many discussions, how many threads have been devoted to their ineptitude? How many examples of their corruption do we need? And I'm supposed to believe these power hungry, corrupt, mental defectives have the wherewithal to use these weapons, whereas I am not? Nah, man. That doesn't jive with me. I have more honor in the one silver hair on my ball bag than every one of them combined. Yet they can be trusted and I cannot. Does not jive.

I don't necessarily expect to change your mind, and you and perhaps many more might now think I'm certifiably insane. But I hope I at least caused you to reconsider your state of being "awestruck". Someone saying he wants a sub would strike me as very weird, indeed. I won't pretend it wouldn't. But someone saying only .gov should have them... that causes me actual nausea. "Of the people, by the people, for the people". .gov is no longer "the people". Hasn't been for a long time. You can think I'm crazy, you can disagree with my weapon's policy, but please heed that last. .gov is The Machine, and it's self aware. To quote Carlin, "It's a big club, and you ain't in it!" Don't make the mistake of thinking you are.

Paid for by the supporters of Face's coup. So, like, 6 people so far. Do I have 7? ;)
harvson3
harvson3
  • Threads: 0
August 20th, 2015 at 7:22:52 PM permalink
Thanks for the reply.

I think we're going to have to disagree on this point:
Quote:

"Of the people, by the people, for the people". .gov is no longer "the people". Hasn't been for a long time. You can think I'm crazy, you can disagree with my weapon's policy, but please heed that last. .gov is The Machine, and it's self aware.

I still think there are functioning institutional barriers preserving self-rule, and I don't think any weapons (or bomb components) I could buy are going to defend my family against the impressive killing power of the US's armed forces in the (exceedingly improbable) chance they come to get me.
  • Jump to: