Thread Rating:

boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
October 9th, 2013 at 9:32:30 PM permalink
*facepalm* indeed. In that situation, if I found myself surrounded by a bunch of bikers, I do what I always do when I drive in a risky situation. Get away. In this case, I would just stop the car and let them get ahead of me or turn off the road to avoid a hopeless situation. It's called situation avoidance. And if I happened to get pulled aside and assaulted, so be it. They end up in jail, and I end up getting stitches. It's not worth risking life over. And if the driver had a gun, what are the odds that one or many of the motorcyclists had one? And what are the odds that, in New York state, the driver of the car ends up in jail serving 12 years in jail for multiple manslaughters.

The far more likely outcome for someone carrying an AR-45 in their vehicle is that they get into a gun accident or their gun is stolen while they are having dinner.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
October 10th, 2013 at 12:18:54 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

In that situation, if I found myself surrounded by a bunch of bikers, I do what I always do when I drive in a risky situation. Get away. In this case, I would just stop the car and let them get ahead of me or turn off the road to avoid a hopeless situation. It's called situation avoidance.

So if you were surrounded by a bunch of bikers beating your car & slashing your tires, you would..........go back in time and avoid the situation??? Huh?

And if I happened to get pulled aside and assaulted, so be it.

So you would fight back by raising both hands in the air? lol!

They end up in jail, and I end up getting stitches.

"They end up in jail, and I end up getting stitches dead."

And if the driver had a gun, what are the odds that one or many of the motorcyclists had one?

I don't get it, do guns automatically appear in the other guys' hands if you pull one out?

And what are the odds that, in New York state, the driver of the car ends up in jail serving 12 years in jail for multiple manslaughters.

ZERO. (Self-defense)

The far more likely outcome for someone carrying an AR-45 in their vehicle is that they get into a gun accident or their gun is stolen while they are having dinner.

In this case, it would have saved the guy from getting pummeled. But you would have taken the beating instead, right?
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 10th, 2013 at 6:35:23 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

And what are the odds that, in New York state, the driver of the car ends up in jail serving 12 years in jail for multiple manslaughters

ZERO. (Self-defense)

This is the People's Republic we're talking about. Based on the circumstances, I'd bet 5 year's gambling bankroll on jail time if guns came in to play.

First, NY's Castle Doctrine is so light, I refuse to call it that and can't with a straight face. Here, you have a duty to flee. In this case, I suppose Mr SUV did exactly as the law prescribed. Whether you think the innocent party is Mr SUV or the Squids, the innocent party received substantial injury, hospitalization, five digit med bills at least, possible loss of work... and that's better than gun play in all cases in NY. NY looks at this and sees "Victim used Flee, it's super effective!" Of course, NY is retarded on a level unheard of in modern history, but there you go. If a gun was used instead of Flee, guaranteed someone would have at least been arrested and charged. Whether or not they were convicted is really a crap shoot.

Second, based on the design of almost all AR type weapons, they are all restricted in NY. Sure, you can still get one, but you'll pay three times retail, have to get a model that satisfies NY's asinine and draconian policies, get permission from the Schutzstaffel State Police, and register it every 2 years. If you want to go through that and are allowed to have one, have at it. But chances are if you're an AR owning NY'er, you've told NY to go fuck itself and haven't done any of that. Which, of course, means using it would bring an arrest and charging.

Third, realize if you do go through all that for an AR, you're still limited to 7 rounds. I'll wait until everyone's done laughing.....

Yes, seven rounds, no matter what gun you have. So,... yeah. Dunno what 7 rounds is gonna do against a mob of 40, so you better bring more than 7... which will result in you being arrested and charged.

Fourth, you can't carry a loaded rifle in a vehicle under any circumstances. Ammo and firearm must be carried seperately and can't be easily accessible. In the case of an SUV sans trunk, the firearm would need to be in the very back locked in a case with the ammo locked in the glove compartment. If Mr SUV was able to bring that weapon to bear in the time that spanned in the incident, then his weapon was not inaccessible, a fact he would be arrested and charged for.

Fifth, this is NYC. You can't have any gun period, despite how many permits or licenses you have from Upstate. Granted, it's possible, should one want to go through the process of obtaining permits, including permission from not only the State Police but also the Sheriff of the particular county of NYC you happen to be in, but even that is a right that is easily denied and rarely given.

tl;dr - This ain't Texas.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 10th, 2013 at 6:40:46 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Guns are totally safe!

Guns are safe, it is the people who are dangerous.

Of course, as has been said before if you dislike guns you are free to have none in your home. Just don't deny the rest of us our right to do so,
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 10th, 2013 at 6:55:51 AM permalink
Face, I totally agree with everything you said about getting charged for having a gun. New York (along with California) is a complete joke when it comes to the right to bear arms. But boymimbo specifically talked about being convicted of manslaughter. In this case, if the SUV driver had shot & killed those thugs, I don't think even Chuck Norris as D.A. would be able to get a manslaughter conviction (especially considering the fact that this is such a high profile case now).

Looking at the bigger picture, it's absolutely scary what states like NY and CA have done. I've visited NY a few times and love the people to death, but I honestly can't think of any reason to live there. I don't know how you and the other New Yorkers here are able to deal with the insanity! I feel for you guys.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 10th, 2013 at 7:16:24 AM permalink

In this case, if the SUV driver had shot & killed those thugs, I don't think even Chuck Norris as D.A. would be able to get a manslaughter conviction (especially considering the fact that this is such a high profile case now).

Perhaps. I dunno how it works if you commit a legal action illegally. Maybe they'd get off the manslaughter, but I'd almost guarantee other misdemeanor and felony weapons charges.

I honestly can't think of any reason to live there.

Family, plain and simple. And the fishing ain't half bad ;)

I don't know how you and the other New Yorkers here are able to deal with the insanity!

Civil disobedience. None of my peers have registered jack, and none plan to. It's funny, but NY always had draconian limits in place, but they weren't ever really noticed. It wasn't until they went too far with NYSAFE that everyone backlashed. For my whole life the round limit was 10 and I never heard a gripe about it. They go to seven, now everyone's got their stock cap 17 round GLOCK mags and 30 rounders for their ARs. I just recently acquired a Class III weapon. Why? We just had to push back.

Fortunately, our Sheriff has sworn to not uphold NYSAFE and has the entire county behind him. But the State Police are the governor's SS, so there's still a threat. I just hope I can get the upstate seccession movement working before I end up in jail on weapons charges =p
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
boymimbo
boymimbo
October 10th, 2013 at 7:36:27 AM permalink
Beethoven, I am a pacifist. I've been driving about 20,000 miles every year now for the past 25 years without accident, without incident, and without firearms, which includes several commutes down the West Side highway in NYC. I avoid accidents and incidents because I avoid situations. If I see a pile of motorcyclists in my rear view mirror, I either speed up to get away from them or slow down and move over to let them pass me. In this case, I would have just stopped. Then I would have HIT nobody and they would have passed by and I would have continued on my day free from woe.

Instead, what happened was:
(1) SUV tried to ride with riders and rear ends a biker. The correct thing to do at this point is to stop the vehicle, resolve the incident and move on, before an escalation.
(2) 15 seconds later in the video, the SUV has taken off and run over a biker. Not enough time to slash tires or damage the vehicle meaningfully, but clearly a huge escalation.
(3) The bikers take on the chase. The driver is beat up. The woman and child in the car are left alone. No one died, despite the escalation.

"They end up in jail, and I end up dead." This is not what happened at all. He ended up running over a biker, and he ended up getting beat up. No one died. Certainly the situation would have been much different had the driver had an AR-45. I doubt that the bikers would have retreated.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 10th, 2013 at 7:57:55 AM permalink

Instead, what happened was:
(1) SUV tried to ride with riders and rear ends a biker. The correct thing to do at this point is to stop the vehicle, resolve the incident and move on, before an escalation.

At this point, it's kinda like you have your fingers in your ears. The SUV didn't "try to ride with the bikers". THE BIKERS BOXED HIM IN. I don't know how much clearer I can make it. And when a car is boxed in, you can't "pull over & stop the vehicle" without hitting someone.

(2) 15 seconds later in the video, the SUV has taken off and run over a biker. Not enough time to slash tires or damage the vehicle meaningfully

Two words: fingers, ears. Let me repeat what I said in a previous post:

Here's an article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/03/bikers-suv-chase-videotape-new-york-motorcyclists/2915111

Key passage: "The clash began after Lien apparently clipped one of the 20 or 30 bikers who had pulled in front of the vehicle. As some of the bikers converged on the SUV and began beating the doors and slashing the tires, Lien hit the accelerator and sped off, striking several bikers as he pulled away."

Here's another article: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57606470/new-video-of-nyc-motorcycle-road-rage-attack-shows-men-kicking-suv-driver

Key passage: "What happened next is not in dispute. First there was a collision, and then a confrontation. Suddenly, the black Range Rover peels off, hitting some of the riders. A chase ensues, until the SUV -- now with its tires slashed -- gets stuck in traffic."

(3) The bikers take on the chase. The driver is beat up. The woman and child in the car are left alone.

*facepalm*

So far, you haven't gotten a single thing right about this case. Check out the video below. This is the 52-year-old man who saved the family, and listen to what he says at 1:40 of the video: A BIKER GRABBED THE WIFE.

Certainly the situation would have been much different had the driver had an AR-45. I doubt that the bikers would have retreated.

You live in a completely different reality if you don't think pointing an AR-15 at a guy would make him retreat.
boymimbo
boymimbo
October 10th, 2013 at 8:17:23 AM permalink
The SUV was riding with the bikers. The helmet cam clearly shows him attempting to keep speed with the bikers. I would have signaled, slowed down, and pulled over.

That said, I don't expect the driver to know how to react in that situation. You're surrounded by bikers, and inadvetently hit one. Clearly, the bikers over-reacted. Clearly the driver overreacted by running over a different biker and breaking both of his legs.

Pointing an gun at one guy likely would have made him retreat. Pointing a single gun at 50-60 motorcyclists would have had a much different and unpredictable effect.
LowPingBoy
LowPingBoy
  • Threads: 2
October 10th, 2013 at 8:29:23 AM permalink
Yeah, right. Tell that to Rodney King - just pull over.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 10th, 2013 at 8:32:06 AM permalink

The SUV was riding with the bikers.

Which video did you watch? There were bikers BEHIND the SUV as well.

In any case, that's beside the point. Neither party is required by law to "pull over to the side of the road". But if you are seriously arguing that the driver is responsible because he didn't pull over, then I can make the equally silly argument and say that the bikers are responsible because they didn't pull over.

EDIT: I forgot to add that some of those bikers didn't even have valid licenses, so they shouldn't have even been on the road!

Clearly the driver overreacted by running over a different biker and breaking both of his legs.

Clearly you didn't read my last post. Clearly you didn't read the post before that, either.

Pointing a single gun at 50-60 motorcyclists would have had a much different and unpredictable effect.

I'll tell you what, go outside and point an AR-15 at a group of 50 people. I'll give you 10 to 1 odds that they will retreat.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 10th, 2013 at 8:41:33 AM permalink
Quote: Face

I just hope I can get the upstate seccession movement working before I end up in jail on weapons charges =p

Brother, if you ever get that going, I will join that movement on the spot!!

In fact, I've been keeping an eye on the Free State Project next door in NH. It hasn't seemed to gain as much steam in recent years as I had thought it would, but I'm still eyeing it.

On a related note, the number of people who have renounced US citizenship has spiked! lol...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 10th, 2013 at 8:56:44 AM permalink
Quote: LowPingBoy

Yeah, right. Tell that to Rodney King - just pull over.

If Rodney King had just pulled over he would have been fine. But being high on PCP and resisting arrest to the point he did is what caused his problem. The other two passengers in the car were not touched.

If you ask people who know, the cops followed procedure properly in the matter.
Maverick17
Maverick17
October 11th, 2013 at 12:04:54 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

If Rodney King had just pulled over he would have been fine. But being high on PCP and resisting arrest to the point he did is what caused his problem. The other two passengers in the car were not touched.

Not to speak for LPB, but he may have meant Reginald Denny.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 11th, 2013 at 12:53:26 PM permalink

Really? Looks like excessive violence by the police at a minimum. Maybe it's hard to not flinch as you're being hit with clubs and that is considered continuing resistance. If so, pray to whomever you don't get caught resisting arrest. This is only 1.33 sec, should be able to watch it and the police chief statement.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 12th, 2013 at 10:08:00 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Really? Looks like excessive violence by the police at a minimum. Maybe it's hard to not flinch as you're being hit with clubs and that is considered continuing resistance. If so, pray to whomever you don't get caught resisting arrest. This is only 1.33 sec, should be able to watch it and the police chief statement.

This is just the last piece of what happened. King was high on PCP and had just been on an 80 mph chase through a residential area. He resisted every step of the way and even when he was on the ground here was still not cooperating. There were two people in the car at that time which alone would make it silly for the cops to just start beating a guy.

Lets remember that a jury who saw the whole thing and heard all the evidence rendered a "not guilty" verdict. Then Bush41 decided to try them again on other charges, a reason I did not give him my vote in 1992.

I have never had any sympathy for King and the fact that he made a fortune off of this is part of what is wrong with our legal system. The fact that so many later made him some kind of hero is part of what is wrong with our society.
rxwine
rxwine
October 12th, 2013 at 12:18:16 PM permalink

Lets remember that a jury who saw the whole thing and heard all the evidence rendered a "not guilty" verdict. Then Bush41 decided to try them again on other charges, a reason I did not give him my vote in 1992.

Let's remember King won a 3.6 million dollar lawsuit against the city too. Do you take OJs side because he won his trial? He didn't win the civil suit.

I always thought OJ got away with murder regardless of the trial.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 12th, 2013 at 12:25:40 PM permalink

Let's remember King won a 3.6 million dollar lawsuit against the city too. Do you take OJs side because he won his trial? He didn't win the civil suit.

I always thought OJ got away with murder regardless of the trial.

As I said, his suit is part of what is wrong with our legal system.

My view of the evidence is the cops followed procedure and OJ got away with double murder.
LowPingBoy
LowPingBoy
  • Threads: 2
October 12th, 2013 at 12:58:05 PM permalink
Yes, that was the situation I meant to reference. It was the treatment of King by the LA PD that brought about the riot in which Denny was hauled from his truck by four men and brutally beaten. Thanks for clearing that up.

LPB
rxwine
rxwine
October 12th, 2013 at 1:13:29 PM permalink

My view of the evidence is the cops followed procedure

My view is they hit him 50 times when it only took 40. Heh. Just a Guesstimate.

Procedure? (well I won't mention certain Germans who were only following orders because I don't want to evoke that thing, but you know "procedure" doesn't necessarily make things just, as in Justice)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 13th, 2013 at 3:42:08 AM permalink

Here's an article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/03/bikers-suv-chase-videotape-new-york-motorcyclists/2915111

Key passage: "The clash began after Lien apparently clipped one of the 20 or 30 bikers who had pulled in front of the vehicle. As some of the bikers converged on the SUV and began beating the doors and slashing the tires, Lien hit the accelerator and sped off, striking several bikers as he pulled away."

Here's another article: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57606470/new-video-of-nyc-motorcycle-road-rage-attack-shows-men-kicking-suv-driver

Key passage: "What happened next is not in dispute. First there was a collision, and then a confrontation. Suddenly, the black Range Rover peels off, hitting some of the riders. A chase ensues, until the SUV -- now with its tires slashed -- gets stuck in traffic."

Here's another article for my Canadian friend:
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Biker-Brawl-Suspect-Assault-Surrender-226419411.html

Key passage: "The chase ended when the SUV pulled off the highway at 178th Street and a tire fell off..."

Gee, why did a tire fall off???

ANSWER: Because the bikers damaged it earlier!! (Which is the whole reason why the SUV driver fled in the first place!)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 13th, 2013 at 5:24:47 AM permalink

My view is they hit him 50 times when it only took 40. Heh. Just a Guesstimate.

Procedure? (well I won't mention certain Germans who were only following orders because I don't want to evoke that thing, but you know "procedure" doesn't necessarily make things just, as in Justice)

Perhaps you should investigate beyond what the low-information person knows. The video is just the end of the entire incident. From when they light up the rollers and turn on the siren there is a procedure to follow. For example, lights go on before siren. Siren goes on before aggressive action is taken. And so on. The cops followed every step of the way.

But if you want to take the side of a guy who drives through your neighborhood at 80 mph evading the cops while high on PCP then that is your choice. What confuses me is the people in that neighborhood take King's side then wonder why there is crime on every corner of said neighborhood. King was a criminal by any measure, yet they made him out to be a hero. Disgusting.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
October 13th, 2013 at 8:02:33 AM permalink
Regarding the NYC thing, looks like a good argument for high capacity magazines.

Any man that would consider the legal ramifications when taking action to defend his family should refer to himself as something other than a man.
rxwine
rxwine
October 13th, 2013 at 9:17:22 AM permalink

Perhaps you should investigate beyond what the low-information person knows. The video is just the end of the entire incident. From when they light up the rollers and turn on the siren there is a procedure to follow. For example, lights go on before siren. Siren goes on before aggressive action is taken. And so on. The cops followed every step of the way.

But if you want to take the side of a guy who drives through your neighborhood at 80 mph evading the cops while high on PCP then that is your choice. What confuses me is the people in that neighborhood take King's side then wonder why there is crime on every corner of said neighborhood. King was a criminal by any measure, yet they made him out to be a hero. Disgusting.

I know the case got a civil judgment for King but not criminal. Different standards for evidence. How does that exonerate police action for the low information voter?

Your low information sources are wrong if they think otherwise.

It's justice for all, not just the innocent and law abiding.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 13th, 2013 at 9:42:30 AM permalink

It's justice for all, not just the innocent and law abiding.

Felony evasion while high on PCP is neither innocent nor law abiding. Or if a guy drives down the road in front of your house at 80 mph evading the cops then that is OK with you?
rxwine
rxwine
October 13th, 2013 at 10:03:04 AM permalink

Felony evasion while high on PCP is neither innocent nor law abiding. Or if a guy drives down the road in front of your house at 80 mph evading the cops then that is OK with you?

What do you think I'm arguing, for no police intervention? I assuming the jury was focusing on the beat down more than anything else.
rxwine
rxwine
October 13th, 2013 at 10:08:44 AM permalink
Also YES, justice is not just for law abiding. Even prisoners have limited rights that you can't violate without ending up a criminal yourself.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 13th, 2013 at 10:22:14 AM permalink

Also YES, justice is not just for law abiding. Even prisoners have limited rights that you can't violate without ending up a criminal yourself.

They do indeed, but there are also times when excessive force needs to be use when a perp or prisoner is uncontrollable. An I do not get at all King being made a hero by so many people. He continued to get into trouble even after this.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 13th, 2013 at 10:35:12 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Regarding the NYC thing, looks like a good argument for high capacity magazines.

+1

I always hear liberals ask, "Who would ever need an AR-15?????" (ANSWER: The driver of the SUV!!)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 18th, 2013 at 8:42:56 AM permalink
More liberal lunacy on guns. I guess Shell would rather have their workers get injured/killed than defend themselves. I will never go to Shell again. (And this happened in the land of "Live Free or Die"!)

Full article: NH Clerk Fired After Pulling Gun On Armed Robber

rxwine
rxwine
October 18th, 2013 at 9:26:01 AM permalink

More liberal lunacy on guns. I guess Shell would rather have their workers get injured/killed than defend themselves. I will never go to Shell again. (And this happened in the land of "Live Free or Die"!)

I think this is a case where store owner versus store clerk can make a liability difference. The company could get sued for a mistake, like the clerk shooting someone else accidently during the robbery. Some bystander gets seriously injured with a pro gun-use policy in effect they will go after the whole chain for damage, not just the clerk who has few assets. Now if you own your store, it's all on you and knowing the law.

I may be wrong though.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 18th, 2013 at 10:57:22 AM permalink

Full article: NH Clerk Fired After Pulling Gun On Armed Robber

I think this is a case where store owner versus store clerk can make a liability difference. The company could get sued for a mistake, like the clerk shooting someone else accidently during the robbery. Some bystander gets seriously injured with a pro gun-use policy in effect they will go after the whole chain for damage, not just the clerk who has few assets. Now if you own your store, it's all on you and knowing the law.

I may be wrong though.

You know, I can actually see your point here. (I'm not a lawyer though, so I can't give an informed opinion on the legal ramifications.) But I will say that it looks really bad for the store to fire the guy when he was just defending himself. He had a permit, too. Anyway, hope the dude finds a (better) job.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 18th, 2013 at 11:08:01 AM permalink

You know, I can actually see your point here. (I'm not a lawyer though, so I can't give an informed opinion on the legal ramifications.) But I will say that it looks really bad for the store to fire the guy when he was just defending himself. He had a permit, too. Anyway, hope the dude finds a (better) job.

I agree rxwine is either exactly correct or on the right track. When I worked retail way back they always said just hand the guy whatever he wants and hope he leaves without hurting anyone. Though shoplifters were still chased, causing me to have to take one guy who chased the perp to the hospital with a broken hand. Another story in itself.

But I have to say the guy should not have been fired. Suspend him for a day and send him back to training. People who will protect your property are not easy to find. I'd hire him.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 18th, 2013 at 11:13:43 AM permalink

Suspend him for a day and send him back to training.

+1

(That definitely would have been the most reasonable reaction)
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
October 21st, 2013 at 4:01:59 PM permalink
"Frazier has a criminal history in Las Vegas.

He was arrested on an attempted murder charge for a June 30, 1996, incident. Police sources said the shooting happened at a topless strip club.

But Frazier, then represented by longtime defense lawyer John Momot, cut a deal with prosecutors and plead guilty to assault with a deadly weapon. He was sentenced to two years probation and ordered to perform community service and take impulse control counseling.

Most recently, Frazier was charged with three counts of misdemeanor battery for a fight on Feb. 29, 2012, when he punched a man and kicked another. He pleaded guilty in November 2012 to one count of battery and was sentenced to six months probation and alcohol counseling." -review journal

Frazier shot two guards and murdered a patron trying to help the guards at Ballys this morning. Who couldn't see this coming? But wait a minute, Frazier had a felony conviction, the law wouldn't permit him to have a gun.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
October 22nd, 2013 at 8:46:51 PM permalink
Quote: Las Vegas Sun

Colin Lowrey told police he didn't think the gun was loaded.

You know this isn't going to end well. Since the responsible gun owner lives in Henderson, I guess it's Las Vegas related. Guns are totally safe.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 23rd, 2013 at 3:13:46 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Guns are totally safe.

Yes, it is people who are dangerous. Of course as has been said before many times, if you do not want a gun you are free not to purchase one.

Now if liberals would compromise and give us that same freedom over Obamacare..........
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 23rd, 2013 at 3:28:35 AM permalink
I still don't understand how taking away my 2nd amendment rights is going to stop idiots from killing themselves and/or others.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 23rd, 2013 at 3:37:03 AM permalink
BTW, here's an update on that SUV-motorcycle incident in NY. A new video of the beating has been uncovered.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/uptown/ninth-motorcyclist-arrested-beating-cops-article-1.1492716

Somebody in Canada needs to read this article and focus on this line:

"The footage shows a hole the size of a motorcycle helmet through the rear window of Lien’s black SUV, and both the vehicle’s passenger-side tires are flat."

In other words, the tires were flat because THEY WERE SLASHED! But apparently, some people out there think that the SUV driver should have stuck around to get beaten early on rather than flee.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 23rd, 2013 at 3:41:29 AM permalink

I still don't understand how taking away my 2nd amendment rights is going to stop idiots from killing themselves and/or others.

Something about when everybody is defenseless and just listens to whatever the government tells them is supposed to make a peaceful and pleasant society from what I gather.

As long as we are talking about deaths, 1,600+ people have died from jumping off the SF Bay Bridge. We really should close it. Might want to close all other bridges just to be safe.........
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 23rd, 2013 at 3:49:45 AM permalink

As long as we are talking about deaths, 1,600+ people have died from jumping off the SF Bay Bridge. We really should close it. Might want to close all other bridges just to be safe.........

LOL! I like your style, AZ. ;)

(It's also ironic that the Golden Gate Bridge—in the liberal utopia of the SF Bay Area—is one of the most popular places in the world to commit suicide)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 23rd, 2013 at 2:39:47 PM permalink
CALIFORNIA SHERIFF'S DEPUTIES SHOOT, KILL 13-YEAR-OLD

According to the liberal logic here, we should ban the police from having guns. lol...
rxwine
rxwine
October 23rd, 2013 at 3:09:10 PM permalink
More guns NOT saving lives. If she was afraid, she should have looked in a mirror.

Quote:

A southeast Texas woman has been arrested and charged in the death of a 5-year-old boy who died in her care after he apparently shot himself with her gun while she was napping.

Melissa Ringhardt, 19, of Vidor, faces charges of abandoning or endangering a child. She was arraigned Wednesday with bond set at $250,000, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

The sheriff's office said Ringhardt was baby-sitting John Read in his Vidor home on Monday when he accidentally shot himself with the .40 caliber semiautomatic handgun.

12NewsNow.com reported that Ringhardt told investigators was carrying the handgun because she was afraid to be home alone.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/23/texas-boy-5-fatally-shoots-himself-with-napping-babysitter-gun/
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 23rd, 2013 at 3:24:36 PM permalink

More guns NOT saving lives. If she was afraid, she should have looked in a mirror.

The gun isn't the issue, we need to ban babysitting.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 23rd, 2013 at 3:40:09 PM permalink

The gun isn't the issue, we need to ban babysitting.

+10 lol

Yep, if we had banned babysitting, the kid would be alive today!
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
October 23rd, 2013 at 4:41:33 PM permalink

+10 lol

Yep, if we had banned babysitting, the kid would be alive today!

If it saves just one life.
rxwine
rxwine
October 23rd, 2013 at 5:37:45 PM permalink
So, this 19yo is now responsible for the kids death because she left a gun out. Likely she is now as much a deadbeat as the worse welfare recipient (or worse) and it's likely she'll never really repay this debt. Heck if if the kid had lived paralysed or brain injured it would be even worse, as far as cost.

So gun ownership is not similar to driving a car, because many drivers actually have insurance. Gun policy favored by conservatives is like ALL automobile drivers driving uninsured not just some.

Conservatives, like this, support some of the biggest deadbeats to society ever. Who'd have guessed.

I suppose you could argue cars do good so it cancels out the bad they do and no car insurance is necessary. That idea would be as full of shit as it sounds.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 23rd, 2013 at 6:00:00 PM permalink

Gun policy favored by conservatives is like ALL automobile drivers driving uninsured not just some.

Conservatives, like this, support some of the biggest deadbeats to society ever. Who'd have guessed.

Not quite sure where you get any of this. Conservatives generally favor personal responsibility in gun ownership. Leaving a gun out while you fall asleep would not be responsible gun ownership.

As I said before, if you want to regulate babysitting lets here your ideas.
rxwine
rxwine
October 23rd, 2013 at 6:13:15 PM permalink

Not quite sure where you get any of this. Conservatives generally favor personal responsibility in gun ownership. Leaving a gun out while you fall asleep would not be responsible gun ownership.

Favoring personal responsibility is one thing, but there's essentially no gun collateral. Collateral ensures you are covered for damages and you have not exceeded your ability to pay.

The 19yo and many others probably exceeded their ability to pay. Sounds like a deadbeat to me. I see no difference than promising someone you won't crash their Ferrari when you don't have insurance and make minimum wage.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
October 23rd, 2013 at 6:27:54 PM permalink
If only that 5 year old had a gun with which to protect himself from that 5 year old with a gun because you know that the only thing that can stop a bad 5 year old with a gun is a good 5 year old with a gun!
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
  • Jump to: