Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
June 5th, 2024 at 6:07:24 PM permalink
Thanks for the posts from D.Oz, and others.

I have to be in Orlando on a specific day this summer, so, that's that. Actually never been to Florida other than during the summer, just somehow has always worked out that way. For years, too, I found myself in Arizona only in the dead of summer.

At DisneyLand last time we were there, you could pay for MaxPass although it didn't reduce the actual wait time at all, just allowed you to spend some of the wait time for one attraction every couple or hours or so, not standing in the actual line. I imagine Disneyland was sued over letting anyone at all bypass lines, because even those who manage to get a disability pass (based not on physical mobility but on mental issues that lead to "freak outs" if forced to stand in line too long) just get a sort of free MaxPass access to select rides.

That's right if you are in a wheelchair you may wait in line just like everyone else, but if you're autistic to the point where you start batting the side of your head and screaming like the RainMan if left to stand in line too long, Disneyland will cut you some slack.

Universal Studios in Universal City - the physically disabled go right to the front of all lines.

I have read that DisneyWorld lines are the shortest in the month of July?

If we get those four day passes will they include the MaxPass? DisneyLand at least the last time we were there had no "front of line passes" at all. I believe you are talking about Genie + and Lightning Lane entry at DIsneyWorld, D.Oz?

I think four days at DisneyWorld will suffice. We've never spent more than a full day at DisneyLand.

I have one day of business in Orlando, the rest of the time we'll go to DisneyWorld and sight see. It'll be a week in Orlando. We've been to Universal Studios and Sea World in California more than a few times each, but Disneyland is the one we keep going back to, so I'm not sure if we will go to other than DisneyWorld.

Maybe rent the car one way on the day of departing Orlando for the drive to Miami Beach, and keep the car while there until we fly back.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
June 5th, 2024 at 6:27:07 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Thanks for the posts from D.Oz, and others.

I have to be in Orlando on a specific day this summer, so, that's that. Actually never been to Florida other than during the summer, just somehow has always worked out that way. For years, too, I found myself in Arizona only in the dead of summer.

At DisneyLand last time we were there, you could pay for MaxPass although it didn't reduce the actual wait time at all, just allowed you to spend some of the wait time for one attraction every couple or hours or so, not standing in the actual line. I imagine Disneyland was sued over letting anyone at all bypass lines, because even those who manage to get a disability pass (based not on physical mobility but on mental issues that lead to "freak outs" if forced to stand in line too long) just get a sort of free MaxPass access to select rides.

That's right if you are in a wheelchair you may wait in line just like everyone else, but if you're autistic to the point where you start batting the side of your head and screaming like the RainMan if left to stand in line too long, Disneyland will cut you some slack.

Universal Studios in Universal City - the physically disabled go right to the front of all lines.

If we get those four day passes will they include the MaxPass? DisneyLand at least the last time we were there had no "front of line passes" at all.

I think four days at DisneyWorld will suffice. We've never spent more than a full day at DisneyLand.

I have one day of business in Orlando, the rest of the time we'll go to DisneyWorld and sight see. It'll be a week in Orlando. We've been to Universal Studios and Sea World in California more than a few times each, but Disneyland is the one we keep going back to, so I'm not sure if we will go to other than DisneyWorld.

Maybe rent the car one way on the day of departing Orlando for the drive to Miami Beach, and keep the car while there until we fly back.
link to original post

I got a front of line med pass when visiting Disney World confined ro a wheelchair due to a bad ankle

They recently had a hullabaloo due to realizing that unscrupulous people were simply bringing wheel chairs without disabilities to obtain front of line passes

While I never resorted to that I certainly THOUGHT of that. I did resort to inviting a certain family member along with disabilities so the family could get the passes (they granted the whole family the pass to keep then together. The only restriction was the disabled party had to actually go on the ride. So there was a bit of coaxing on our part to get them.to go on certain rides they didn't really wish to go on).

ANYWAY comparing either of the two parks, Disney or Universal in California to the ones is Florida regarding size and viewing ability is a waste of time. The Florida parks are much more huge.

It's like saying you beat up one brother Danny Devito, how much more difficult will it be to beat up the other brother (Arnold Schwarzenegger).

You can visit their website of course for a look at all the rides, shows, and attractions they offer. I think with a limited time to visit that is your best bet. You may even see there is so much you decide to stay longer.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
June 5th, 2024 at 6:30:55 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: TigerWu

I usually go in the fall or winter. If you know what you're doing you'll never have to wait in line for more than 20 minutes or so for most rides.
link to original post

20 minutes!?! I never wait in line for anything for 20 minutes, the longest line I'll wait is if it has has two people in front of me. If I have to go to the grocery store I'll do it at 1:30 p.m. on a Tuesday because there's never anybody there. I have abandoned a cart of groceries more than once in a grocery store because I didn't want to wait in line. I never go inside the bank if the drive-thrus are empty. I don't have to worry about restaurants because I never eat there anymore, the last restaurant I was at was probably 2 years before the pandemic. I like buffets because you can go get your food immediately and there's no waiting. People don't realize how much of their lives they spend waiting.
link to original post

Most of us would consider abandoning a cart of groceries we had spent valuable time picking out as the actual waste. Especially since at some point the exercise will have to be repeated.

Reminds me of that old joke about the guy who swims 75% across a pool and getting tired, swims back!
MDawg
MDawg
June 5th, 2024 at 6:38:27 PM permalink
I was at DisneyLand once with someone who had a DMV handicap placard and was prepared to show it but was told that none of that mattered. "May we get you a wheelchair?" They don't want to see any medical records apparently. The way it works at DisneyLand is the guest has a "conversation" with a staff who then decides solely based on what is said whether the guest qualifies for DAS (Disability Access Service).

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/

DAS doesn’t provide immediate access to experiences, but rather allows Guests to request a return time for a specific experience that is comparable to the current standby wait.

But even so, all DAS gets a person at DisneyLand is a free sort of MaxPass, where the line wait time remains the same but the wait is spent outside of the line, until the app calls the guest to show up and go to near the front of the line. It might seem like the line is bypassed, but it is not - the wait time is merely spent other than in the actual line.

Universal Studios on the other hand actually lets anyone who gets a disability pass, which over there is based on mobility, to go right to the front of the line. At least that is the way it was last time we were at Univ Studios, because one of our guests actually was recovering from an injury and got that pass, which got all of us (a group of four) to the front of all lines.
Last edited by: MDawg on Jun 5, 2024
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
June 5th, 2024 at 10:05:22 PM permalink

I was at DisneyLand once with someone who had a DMV handicap placard and was prepared to show it but was told that none of that mattered. "May we get you a wheelchair?" They don't want to see any medical records apparently. The way it works at DisneyLand is the guest has a "conversation" with a staff who then decides solely based on what is said whether the guest qualifies for DAS (Disability Access Service).

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/

DAS doesn’t provide immediate access to experiences, but rather allows Guests to request a return time for a specific experience that is comparable to the current standby wait.

But even so, all DAS gets a person at DisneyLand is a free sort of MaxPass, where the line wait time remains the same but the wait is spent outside of the line, until the app calls the guest to show up and go to near the front of the line. It might seem like the line is bypassed, but it is not - the wait time is merely spent other than in the actual line.

Universal Studios on the other hand actual lets anyone who gets a disability pass, which over there is based on mobility, to go right to the front of the line. At least that is the way it was last time we were at Univ Studios, because one of our guests actually was recovering from an injury and got that pass, which got all of us (a group of four) to the front of all lines.
link to original post

For me it was at Disney World I got the pass for my ankle. This would be circa 2004. Things may have changed.

The relative I bring along is autistic and a minor. It wasn't an issue to get front of line passes.

I do believe, now that you mention it, that it amounted to a maxpass in essence but without the 3 ride limit. So still quite valuable.

Bottom line is amusement parks and lines are somewhat synonymous. People going to amusement parks who have zero tolerance for long lines should stay out of them.
MDawg
MDawg
June 5th, 2024 at 10:23:03 PM permalink
To get the ideal "VIP" treatment at Disney resorts then, one needs both an autistic (or feigned autistic) in the group and a MaxPass (called Genie + at the 'World). Between the two, you'll be darting between rides and not feeling like you're waiting at all, even though by the park's absolute criteria, you are.

Anyway, I've locked in the accommodations and flights, haven't bought the Disney tickets yet I threw that on my wife to research it, as I need to get to work a little harder than usual for a couple days.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 6th, 2024 at 12:00:35 AM permalink

link to original post

My brother-in-law died of heat stroke in Florida in July 2 years ago while mowing his lawn on a riding lawn mower. I posted about it here. That's why the lines are short in Florida in July.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
darkoz
darkoz
June 6th, 2024 at 6:23:39 AM permalink

To get the ideal "VIP" treatment at Disney resorts then, one needs both an autistic (or feigned autistic) in the group and a MaxPass (called Genie + at the 'World). Between the two, you'll be darting between rides and not feeling like you're waiting at all, even though by the park's absolute criteria, you are.

Anyway, I've locked in the accommodations and flights, haven't bought the Disney tickets yet I threw that on my wife to research it, as I need to get to work a little harder than usual for a couple days.
link to original post

Well whatever the shrewdness of bringing along an autistic child to skip lines, I still had one and gave him a wonderful day at Disney. My conscience is clear.

As for July lines, that seems to be the latest phenomenon but wasn't always that way. People tired of long lines in July switched to September and October which used to have such small lines that I actually went one year twice on each ride without getting out of my seat!! That would be back in the early nineties.

The day with the shortest lines is any day a hurricane hits and the park has not closed. And yes one year I had the bad luck to be there during a hurricane. Water and outdoor rides were shut down but there are so many indoor rides, it was just a matter of getting soaked while running from ride to ride. Ultimately we had a good time!
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
June 6th, 2024 at 8:08:47 AM permalink

link to original post

I have a friend that’s a member of the 33 Club and he gets a certain number of VIP Tours a year. He let me use one when I went with my family and another family (it’s for up to 10 people) and it was awesome. A Disney tour guide takes you around, you skip all the lines, can park hop and go in areas not usually open to the public. Probably got to hit 3 times the rides and activities we would have been able to do without the VIP tour guide.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
June 6th, 2024 at 9:46:46 AM permalink

I have abandoned a cart of groceries more than once in a grocery store because I didn't want to wait in line.
link to original post

So you had to waste even more time going back at a later point to get those groceries instead of waiting a few extra minutes in line the first time? How is that more efficient?

20 minutes!?! I never wait in line for anything for 20 minutes,

Just set your clock ahead 20 minutes. Isn't that your "AP move" to get extra time in the day? LOL
darkoz
darkoz
June 6th, 2024 at 11:07:35 AM permalink

I have abandoned a cart of groceries more than once in a grocery store because I didn't want to wait in line.
link to original post

So you had to waste even more time going back at a later point to get those groceries instead of waiting a few extra minutes in line the first time? How is that more efficient?

Just set your clock ahead 20 minutes. Isn't that your "AP move" to get extra time in the day? LOL
link to original post

Perhaps we figured out why EB was unable to get that wagering issue cleared up with his online gaming.

EB gets electronic voice: "Welcome to the complaint hotline. All our representatives are currently helping other customers. Your estimated wait time is over 20 minutes. Please stay on the line and your call will be answered in the next available queue."

EB:"WHAT! 20 MINUTES? I refuse to wait in line"

Click!
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
June 6th, 2024 at 12:00:29 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

link to original post

Perhaps we figured out why EB was unable to get that wagering issue cleared up with his online gaming.

EB gets electronic voice: "Welcome to the complaint hotline. All our representatives are currently helping other customers. Your estimated wait time is over 20 minutes. Please stay on the line and your call will be answered in the next available queue."

EB:"WHAT! 20 MINUTES? I refuse to wait in line"

Click!
link to original post

Oh, come on not EB. Mr. Tolerance?

tuttigym
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 6th, 2024 at 12:33:29 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

link to original post

I have a friend that’s a member of the 33 Club and he gets a certain number of VIP Tours a year. He let me use one when I went with my family and another family (it’s for up to 10 people) and it was awesome. A Disney tour guide takes you around, you skip all the lines, can park hop and go in areas not usually open to the public. Probably got to hit 3 times the rides and activities we would have been able to do without the VIP tour guide.
link to original post

Ludicrously expensive, but if it’s just one large baccarat bet, you’d be crazy not to do the VIP tour thing. I’ve only been to Disney (the parks) once, maybe 25 years ago. I will not go back unless if it is with granddaughter. Rides do nothing for me.
Last edited by: SOOPOO on Jun 6, 2024
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 6th, 2024 at 3:09:52 PM permalink

My brother-in-law died of heat stroke in Florida in July 2 years ago while mowing his lawn on a riding lawn mower. I posted about it here. That's why the lines are short in Florida in July.

My brother-in-law dropped dead in Disney World with his little kids watching.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 6th, 2024 at 6:57:33 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

My brother-in-law dropped dead in Disney World with his little kids watching.
link to original post

Was he having just too good of a time and his heart couldn't take it? Maybe he just realized how much it was all costing.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 234
June 7th, 2024 at 8:26:05 AM permalink
deleted

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jun 7, 2024
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 8th, 2024 at 4:03:47 AM permalink
r.i.p. astronaut Willam A. Anders who died in a plane crash at age 90

he shot one of the most famous photos of all time - "Earth Rise" which shows the Earth behind the surface of the Moon

https://archive.ph/S1xP8

the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 9th, 2024 at 9:07:55 AM permalink
I'm addicted to these true crime tv shows - watching Detectives catch murderers - "Dateline" is one of many different TV shows that feature this

the killers don't seem to have much of a chance anymore - so many cameras out there

I guess pretty soon cameras will be everywhere

still - per a google search - about half of murders go unsolved

maybe the cops only make a big effort to catch the murderer when it's a certain kind of murder

and of course, if TV cameras are rolling they will definitely make a big effort

that's my best guess

EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
odiousgambit
June 9th, 2024 at 9:16:39 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

I'm addicted to these true crime tv shows - watching Detectives catch murderers - "Dateline" is one of many different TV shows that feature this

the killers don't seem to have much of a chance anymore - so many cameras out there

maybe the cops only make a big effort to catch the murderer when it's a certain kind of murder

that's my best guess

link to original post

How many murders happen in places like Chicago and Kansas City every week and how much effort do you think the cops put into solving those. Close to zero. That's why half of all murders are unsolved.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
Thanked by
lilredrooster
June 9th, 2024 at 2:50:23 PM permalink

that's my best guess

link to original post

True Detective season one is good.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
Thanked by
lilredrooster
June 9th, 2024 at 3:27:03 PM permalink

that's my best guess

"Mastermind" is a good TV crime series.if you can find it playing. per description "It tells true crime stories about amazing deceptions that brilliant criminals use to commit seemingly impossible crimes."

link to original post

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
June 10th, 2024 at 2:32:49 AM permalink

that's my best guess

link to original post

How many murders happen in places like Chicago and Kansas City every week and how much effort do you think the cops put into solving those. Close to zero. That's why half of all murders are unsolved.
link to original post

I think this depends on the murder. Few murders are random. A good detective will have a hunch who did it pretty quick.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 10th, 2024 at 2:59:00 AM permalink
𝙃𝘼𝙍𝘿 𝙏𝙊 𝙆𝙄𝙇𝙇
Serial killer Thomas Creech who has spent decades on death row was taken to the execution chamber and workers spent almost an hour jabbing him with a needle trying to get it into one of his veins to be able to pump a deadly drug into his bloodstream

but they couldn't get the needle in properly and the execution never took place

now, it's a legal issue and it's unclear whether they will try to execute him again

https://archive.ph/I62EX.

darkoz
darkoz
June 10th, 2024 at 3:57:40 AM permalink

that's my best guess

link to original post

link to original post

Yeah like back in the 80's maybe.

Wake up. It's the modern era. If any murders go unsolved it's in nowhere hick towns, not the city.

About 2 years ago a guy shot up a home just three blocks from me (this in NYC). One of the bullets struck and killed an occupant. No one saw who shot the bullets into the home.

The perp was locked up within three hours.

First the cops checked all street corner surveillance video. Yes just about every street in a big city has cameras. They are a big cash Cow. Any red light that's run, a sensor triggers a digital snapshot of the license plate and bam, ticket in the mail. Ditto for speeding. They checked those as well as neighbors home cameras.

Within one hour they had the license plate and that the car parked next to my house and that my next door neighbor owned the car.

Within two hours they were interviewing my neighbor at the hospital. (Good thing he had the alibi). His young nephew had driven him to the hospital in his car and then taken it home, deciding to make a detour for some personal grudge.

Poor guy had to give up his nephew to avoid accessory charges. But the perp was locked up within 3 hours.

These days if you are going to get away with murder it's almost certainly not in the big cities except perhaps some of the desolate or deserted areas and even then...
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 10th, 2024 at 4:36:51 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Wake up. It's the modern era. If any murders go unsolved it's in nowhere hick towns, not the city.
These days if you are going to get away with murder it's almost certainly not in the big cities

that's not correct at all

per the link in 2021 NYC cops cleared just 56% of homicide cases - down from 64% in 2020

I believe whether or not a case is cleared has to do with the available manpower of the cops

and then they pick and choose where they will spend most of their time and energy

I believe they're going to spend much more time and effort trying to solve the murder of a beautiful college girl then they are trying to solve a murder then when it is likely a drug dealer killed his rival

https://www.thecity.nyc/2023/02/16/nyc-old-murders-families-lose-trust/

and then there are those like Thomas Creech - serial killer convicted of killing 5 people (at times he has claimed that he actually killed 7 and at other times he has claimed he killed 42)

the cops get credit for solving 5 homicides

but they didn't solve the other 4 until way after he killed the first one

the cops get credit for solving 4 homicides - but they didn't protect society - after his first kill - he killed at least 4 more

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jun 10, 2024
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 10th, 2024 at 7:14:49 AM permalink
Grayson Murray committed suicide two weeks ago. He is still listed in the ‘Official World Golf Rankings’. He was 61st last week. Despite being dead, he moved up to 59th this week.
I am surprised they have not removed his name from the list.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 12th, 2024 at 4:23:11 AM permalink
r.i.p. to the oldest living man in the U.S. until June 3 when he passed at age 110

he was lucid to the end and even had an internet blog - nice going Morrie

he was born in 2014 six months before the start of World War One

https://archive.ph/PL3Sd

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2024 at 5:29:09 AM permalink

r.i.p. to the oldest living man in the U.S. until June 3 when he passed at age 110

he was lucid to the end and even had an internet blog - nice going Morrie

he was born in 2014 six months before the start of World War One

https://archive.ph/PL3Sd

link to original post

WWI happened 10 years ago? LOL
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
Dieter
June 12th, 2024 at 5:34:23 AM permalink

he was born in 2014

I know quite a few people born before 2014.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 12th, 2024 at 6:17:49 AM permalink
very funny guys_____________ha ha ha

of course you know that I meant he was born in 1914___________a little bit of dementia kicking in maybe_______________-:)

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
camapl
June 12th, 2024 at 6:30:57 AM permalink

very funny guys_____________ha ha ha

of course you know that I meant he was born in 1914___________a little bit of dementia kicking in maybe_______________-:)

link to original post

Funny how? Like we're clowns? We make you laugh? We're here to amuse you??????????
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 12th, 2024 at 6:46:35 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Funny how? Like we're clowns? We make you laugh? We're here to amuse you??????????

I never stated or implied that you are a clown
I don't know why you're here
I don't even know why I'm here
I thought you found my goof funny
anyway, I thought my goof was funny

unJon
unJon
Thanked by
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2024 at 7:44:43 AM permalink

link to original post

He was quoting a scene in the movie Goodfellas.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
June 12th, 2024 at 3:26:42 PM permalink

link to original post

I doubt I've chuckled that hard since 2014.
May the cards fall in your favor.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
June 12th, 2024 at 3:49:37 PM permalink
No political reference here. Just a generic question.

What's the trigger from simple underpayment or non-payment of taxes to the IRS, that makes it resolvable with payment, with fines, to an actual crime? I'm guessing there's a final notice ignored to rectify such that triggers the crime. I once had to pay additional tax with a fine, but that's a far as I've ever gone down that path.

edit - I think they call it a "penalty" not a fine. Tomato Toe mato.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DRich
DRich
June 12th, 2024 at 5:08:58 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

What's the trigger from simple underpayment or non-payment of taxes to the IRS, that makes it resolvable with payment, with fines, to an actual crime? I'm guessing there's a final notice ignored to rectify such that triggers the crime. I once had to pay additional tax with a fine, but that's a far as I've ever gone down that path.

link to original post

My wife who works for a CPA firm says the simple answer is that if the IRS believes they can prove intent to evade taxes it becomes criminal.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2024 at 5:28:25 PM permalink

link to original post

My wife who works for a CPA firm says the simple answer is that if the IRS believes they can prove intent to evade taxes it becomes criminal.
link to original post

Difference between "tax avoidance" and "tax evasion" is:

A. A good tax attorney
B. What the IRS says it is
C. 18-48 months in Allenwood
D. All of the above

??
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 12th, 2024 at 6:35:04 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Then I guess we're all criminals because everybody has the unspoken intent to evade taxes if they can.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 12th, 2024 at 6:38:02 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

A. A good tax attorney
D. All of the above

??
link to original post

I had a friend back in the 90s who was a CPA and he said the IRS is the money making organization just like every other company. They want to make money on every investigation they do or it's a waste of their time. So they always try and go after people where they get the biggest bang for their buck. If you are on the low ball side and somebody doesn't turn you in you can get away with a lot as far as the IRS is concerned.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 13th, 2024 at 2:30:14 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

A. A good tax attorney
D. All of the above

??
link to original post

I had a friend back in the 90s who was a CPA and he said the IRS is the money making organization just like every other company. They want to make money on every investigation they do or it's a waste of their time. So they always try and go after people where they get the biggest bang for their buck. If you are on the low ball side and somebody doesn't turn you in you can get away with a lot as far as the IRS is concerned.
link to original post

This is true of most of government, In his book, Iacocca said how in the 1979 bailout the Feds moved to 1st lien position and demanded stock warrants. The feds got paid in full, the banks had to make concessions.
unJon
unJon
June 13th, 2024 at 5:38:15 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

A. A good tax attorney
D. All of the above

??
link to original post

link to original post

This is true of most of government, In his book, Iacocca said how in the 1979 bailout the Feds moved to 1st lien position and demanded stock warrants. The feds got paid in full, the banks had to make concessions.
link to original post

The same happened during the financial crisis.

Fed didn’t do it that way during Covid, however, and now has massive unrealized losses sitting on its balance sheet given the current interest rate environment.
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 13th, 2024 at 6:11:58 AM permalink

Then I guess we're all criminals because everybody has the unspoken intent to evade taxes if they can.
link to original post

Speak for yourself. Tax evasion is illegal. You're thinking of tax avoidance.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
SOOPOO
June 13th, 2024 at 7:30:04 AM permalink
let's say some guy - not an AP or a pro - goes to a casino twice in one year and both times gets very lucky at blackjack and wins a total of $2,800

and he has no offsetting losses for that year

there is no paper documentation of his wins

what % of people who have something like this happen to them would you estimate report this on their taxes as they are supposed to (in most instances)

my guess would be close to ZERO

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jun 13, 2024
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 13th, 2024 at 8:40:15 AM permalink

let's say some guy - not an AP or a pro - goes to a casino twice in one year and both times gets very lucky at blackjack and wins a total of $2,800

what % of people who have something like this happen to them would you estimate report this on their taxes as they are supposed to (in most instances)

link to original post

Probably because the majority of people wouldn't even think to claim that on their taxes in the first place. We all know how ignorant people are of gambling in general; you think they're actually thinking about tax implications of wins and losses?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 13th, 2024 at 8:52:56 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

link to original post

link to original post

A. A good tax attorney
D. All of the above

??
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

The same happened during the financial crisis.

Fed didn’t do it that way during Covid, however, and now has massive unrealized losses sitting on its balance sheet given the current interest rate environment.
link to original post

Yes. They made banks take the TARP money. Told ceos. Like Dimon their signature or their brains were going to end up on the contracts. Though stil amazing they did not scoop up Lehman Bros.
DRich
DRich
June 13th, 2024 at 9:16:37 AM permalink

link to original post

I agree and think in the future all casino gaming will be tracked with a card and be reported to the IRS.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 13th, 2024 at 9:17:31 AM permalink

link to original post

Probably because the majority of people wouldn't even think to claim that on their taxes in the first place. We all know how ignorant people are of gambling in general; you think they're actually thinking about tax implications of wins and losses?
link to original post

I don't think your answer is a good one
I believe just about all intelligent people are aware that gambling winnings are taxable
undoubtedly there are some ignorant ones who don't know this
but to make the question better -
let's just limit it to intelligent people who do know that gambling winnings are taxable

once again - what % would report it on their taxes as they are obligated to (in most cases)____?____assuming there is no paper documentation of their winnings and no offsetting losses for that year

again, my answer is close to ZERO

DRich
DRich
June 13th, 2024 at 9:21:58 AM permalink

I believe just about all intelligent people are aware that gambling winnings are taxable

What percent of the population would you consider intelligent?

After living 30 years in las Vegas I would say that very few people realize that gambling winnings are taxable unless they get a W2G.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 13th, 2024 at 10:29:56 AM permalink

What percent of the population would you consider intelligent?

After living 30 years in las Vegas I would say that very few people realize that gambling winnings are taxable unless they get a W2G.
link to original post

I don't agree but it doesn't matter
you say few people
across the entire country there much be at least a few million - anyway how many there are is irrelevant
surely, there are quite a few
so, let's limit the question to them
I don't want to argue about how many of them there are that are aware of it

what % of those who are aware of their tax obligation would pay the taxes on their gambling winnings that they are obligated to pay if there is no paper documentation and no offsetting losses for that year_________?

one more time - my answer is close to ZERO

TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
lilredrooster
June 13th, 2024 at 12:34:43 PM permalink

what % of those who are aware of their tax obligation would pay the taxes on their gambling winnings that they are obligated to pay if there is no paper documentation and no offsetting losses for that year_________?

one more time - my answer is close to ZERO

.link to original post

Yeah, probably.
  • Jump to: