lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
February 2nd, 2022 at 1:39:30 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

if you have to ask, you can't afford it

that's a well known saying and it's kinna amusing but I really doubt that there's much truth to it

I really doubt that most well off people who buy a $95,000 BMW don't either ask the price of it before buying it or don't already know it from research

no way

Please don't feed the trolls
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 2nd, 2022 at 5:52:02 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Quote: Romes

if you have to ask, you can't afford it

that's a well known saying and it's kinna amusing but I really doubt that there's much truth to it

I really doubt that most well off people who buy a $95,000 BMW don't either ask the price of it before buying it or don't already know it from research

no way

link to original post

Sadly, today $95k for a car doesn't sound astounding. I recently heard that the average pickup truck is now selling for close to $50k.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 2nd, 2022 at 6:07:30 AM permalink
About ten years ago, I was with a friend who was shopping for a Porsche SUV. He asked the salesman about the mileage and the salesman actually replied that if he was worried about their mileage, this wasn't the car for him. My friend replied that the car was a good fit, you( the salesman) aren't.
Out here, I see a lot of $75,000 pickups and have heard of one that ran over $125,000 with its dualie back wheels and fifth wheel capacity.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
February 2nd, 2022 at 9:22:45 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Sadly, today $95k for a car doesn't sound astounding. I recently heard that the average pickup truck is now selling for close to $50k.
link to original post

I have to side with billryan on this.
Just went through a truck configuration tool, around $50k base price (for an 8' box; smaller doesn't feel like a "pickup truck" to me), and be prepared to add around $18k in options to get it up to a useful configuration.

More for heated seats and premium infotainment.
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: