Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 111
March 24th, 2020 at 8:23:01 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

It's pretty funny I googled trying to find out if Trump was going to have a press conference today and one of the suggested questions Google presents was:

Quote: GOOGLE

Who is our president today?

There are that many people asking this question it seems, that's funny.

Approaching that invisible line....
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
March 24th, 2020 at 10:54:45 PM permalink
https://theintercept.com/2020/03/23/gilead-sciences-coronavirus-treatment-orphan-drug-status/

The drug was also given rare disease status by the FDA which has a lot of benefits. I'm not going to keep updating here about this. Pretty much everything shows up on brokerage sites regarding the news anyway. This article hasn't appeared yet, but will probably in the am before stocks open. The stock price is as low as it will go where it is now around $73, doesn't seem to want to go below $72.60 very much.

Quote:

The distinction could severely limit supply of remdesivir by granting Gilead Sciences exclusive protection over the drug and complete control of its price. Other pharmaceutical firms, including India-based pharmaceutical firm Cipla, are reportedly working toward a generic form of remdesivir, but patients in the U.S. could be prevented from buying generics with lower prices now that Gilead Sciencesís drug has been designated an orphan.

Nothing will happen until results from the Chinese studies come out I believe. The stock price will probably move today, but it has been coming down as fast as it pops. I only have 70.5% of the stock I once had as of yesterday. That's fine, because I had too much in just one stock, but scary because the stock has potential. I don't know how much, so what's the difference. I wouldn't know if I should sell at 80, 85, 90, 100, 140. Perhaps this means I should just hold long term.
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 25th, 2020 at 7:55:26 AM permalink
I'm not going to diversify, GILD is pretty much my only stock. My average cost is $72. I'm not going to bet on the world being normal.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 26th, 2020 at 2:40:32 AM permalink

I'm not going to diversify, GILD is pretty much my only stock. My average cost is $72. I'm not going to bet on the world being normal.

I'm making all the right mistakes I should lol.

Orphan drug status, check. Rare disease, status, check. Drug probably effective and first to market, check. Bernie Sanders complains, check. Company concedes profits w no recourse against them, check. I don't think I'll lose on this stock, that's my thinking. I don't think it will be susceptible to the long, stagnant reality we face the markets aren't realizing. I'm missing out on huge profits in the mean time, I could have bought more stock later with profits from other things presumed, but I thought the price in low $70s, high $68s, the best price which will be able to be gotten I also thought. Hope I'm right, but I won't be destroyed if I'm wrong. Even if I could have made money and would have, I wouldn't have been sure. Seeing the price climbing every day(which it hasn't), would have been riskier than just buying in now at lower prices. I really think this stock will be in the $80s and $90s, and above, but I'm not sure anyone else thinks that. Most of the expert talk is quite negative, they don't really see it as a must buy and are probably just judging the opinion because they see so much else which is bargain basement. It's getting closer to April and study results.

Other stocks owned or had owned:

RVLV
BTG
F
HD
MGM
PENN

I'm sure I would have been better off holding them right now and in the immediate future, but I still think they're much riskier than what I have. This stimulus, I don't know. I'm not expecting the same world we left behind. There is going to be such a recession, we're just not going to be used to seeing so little people and money out there when the clouds disappear. People are going to be afraid to spend money, and use any excuse to go back home where it is safe. I'm not even sure I can make money, and could just be one of those people that subconsciously make decisions to revert to being even or just a little more. I'm afraid my ego is impenetrable. Nobody can tell me I'm wrong. They can just give me ideas.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Mar 26, 2020
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 26th, 2020 at 3:37:58 AM permalink
I know there is some trading somehow once after hours are closed and before the markets open, and it keeps playing with my mind. I really don't know how it is happening, but the GILD stock keeps getting pushed up during the middle of the night, then plummets once the market opens. I'm sitting there seeing my portfolio either rise in value but I can't even get those prices. I can sell, but I don't even know what price I will either sell for or if I will have a sale until the markets open. What is really causing these off-hours moves? Some other stocks I look at don't seem to have any movement at all once the markets close.

Yesterday I was seeing the price move into the $74s and $75s, I would have been tempted to sell at those numbers for the short term, but I didn't think the sales would even go through. As time went on, the values dropped from there. I'm still pretty confused by some of the technicalities. The wash sale rule is very confusing, it could be trouble for me if I wind up losing money. I've tried some investor forums, but have not liked the formats of the ones I've found so far. The biggest one called the Lion, every time I searched forum posts yesterday, every forum post there was a hidden link to Yahoo Finance. Then later, all the posts were gone. It's like a nightmare.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Mar 26, 2020
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 26th, 2020 at 3:53:06 AM permalink

It's actually $71.67.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 29th, 2020 at 3:06:51 PM permalink
I have been told by everyone you cannot make money day trading, I do not believe it, but I also believe I don't know how to do it. So I decided to look into one of the ones advertising. It had some kind of webinar, so I checked it out. The guy talked about simple math to break even on how much is risked, and there were a few stocks mentioned, they were no name penny stocks. Supposedly some brokerage site where they're allowed to ignore pattern day trading and give margin as long as the site doesn't advertise, what? This guy is trying to sell some 3 year package for $3500, OMG NO. There was a pitch about making $200 a day, $50,000 a year and what would you do with it. Anyone experienced knows that kind of thing is for the suckers, show the product. There were some other things like some alert system, to see stocks on the move, blah, blah, blah about 30% movers for the day. I didn't see any meat there, there was talk about people who had turned $500 into $100,000, I really don't think they have anything. Other research showed no address nor telephone number for the place, sounds like it's easier selling a stock scam than a gambling system.

I don't think there is a there there for me anywhere with regards to trading, day trading or swing trading. I'll never find what I need to take risks I can be confident in the basis. Seems like in gambling it's easier to figure value, but in the stock market, there is too much competition. We'll see, maybe I'll uncover something, but I doubt it. The people who do this successfully usually don't advertise or share.

There was a point about how the stock market was gambling and you couldn't win. When paired with the saying "the stock market always goes up over time", well it shouldn't even be a fair point, it should be false. If you picked any stock, it shouldn't matter, maybe it doesn't. So much psychology, when you look at individual stocks, then it's different depending on how you think. Someone like Warren Buffet wouldn't be concerned about the news of the day, but you know, I'm beginning to think that's BS. At some point he has to think about something current and not just 10 years from now. If he doesn't, he wouldn't think there were values.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 181
March 29th, 2020 at 3:13:58 PM permalink
Thank you for helping me to understand the threads title.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 29th, 2020 at 3:39:27 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 29th, 2020 at 7:07:55 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm not allowed to think and investigate ideas and am just supposed to know what is behind a door before I look. All I did was watch a pre-recorded sales pitch, and laughed at how ridiculous it was but kept an open mind. Sometimes information is worth paying for, I don't think there are many getting the value out of these products they get online through these advertisings. It's crazy to me this company was pitching $583 was turned into $100,000, yet they're demanding $1000-$3500. There was some mention of 14 days to examine the course, but I don't believe it for a second. Yet In our world, $20 could be worth thousands if it's a book or just one thing you don't know or didn't think of. Maybe that's where I'm forgetting to look, there must be some ideas worth untold hours scouring the web in book form for a good place to start. The allure of clicking for money is too seductive to just automatically give up on. Pressing buttons is there, most people would not believe it either.

• Jump to: