Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
April 20th, 2022 at 7:52:49 PM permalink
I wouldn’t rule NFLX or any of these industry leaders out. NFLX may be down but not for the count.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
April 21st, 2022 at 5:35:49 AM permalink
Mdawg
I remember you mentioning you held Netflix long, so are you still holding or did you decide to sell? When stocks drop this quick is how people end up getting burned.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
MDawg
MDawg
April 21st, 2022 at 10:40:15 AM permalink
I have held NFLX for well over a decade. And I don't mean just 11 years.

I have also traded it along the way. Traded additional shares on top of the long term shares. Actually yesterday I had an order in @ 213, but then as it approached I got too cheap and lowered it to 209. If the 213 had filled I would have made a mint. Yes, a mint, going long on a day when NFLX tanked.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 3
April 21st, 2022 at 1:44:05 PM permalink
NFLX is a 4 plus year bust right now. No dividend.

FB is also coming up on a 5 year bust. Also no dividend.

AMZN is on a 2 year hiatus. No dividend.

GOOG is on a 1 year hiatus. No dividend.

Some stocks have been pretty crappy as of late even though the Dow is near a record.

Apple is probably the least nicked. Down $15 from ATH and pays a divy.

TWTR is on a 9 year hiatus since the IPO. Chew on that.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
April 21st, 2022 at 3:39:29 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Quote: darkoz

One way will be to limit simultaneous streaming.

So once the customer discovers he can't watch his own Netflix because someone he lent his password to is watching it, he will just change the password and not share it.
link to original post

Probably problematic for some families.
Dad has a TV, Mom has a TV, highschooler has a TV, and two kids off at different colleges sharing the password, plus they all have access on their phones... strikes me as a target demographic to not create negative brand equity with.

Unfortunately, it also looks a lot like the small apartment complex all sharing a password and wifi.
link to original post

Yes but the solution is to create a family package at a slight premium.

Isn't that sort of what phones do? They have shared plans? So it's cheaper than each member of the family having their own plan
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 21st, 2022 at 4:12:44 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Mdawg
I remember you mentioning you held Netflix long, so are you still holding or did you decide to sell? When stocks drop this quick is how people end up getting burned.
link to original post

If he’s true to his word…he’s likely been trading stocks that he holds…NFLX is included. The only difference is all those traded shares at $700 down to $218 over the past 5 months are just about all put into the “long term” hold bin because they are failed daily trades…and therefore not mentioned here. It’s the only logical conclusion. Not even someone with a time machine could trade at his success rate listed here.
MDawg
MDawg
April 21st, 2022 at 8:29:40 PM permalink
The longest I have ever had to hold a trade before it came back is a matter of months, and that long of a wait is a very rare once maybe in a half decade situation. I close out all my trades profitably (other than just two in the past years, two shorts that if I had held just a tad longer, would have closed out profitably too). All means all, not some.
And closed out means, closed out! I don't have any trades I have not closed out. But, if it makes TDVegas feel better, he may continue with his inaccurate speculation. The fact that he can't even comprehend that a few weeks is like eons in this market means he's not ready for prime time! (But NFLX, has been! for many years now.)

Plus with all that nonsense he posted in the prior post - and how often he groans about this or that stock being down - why even bother to be in the stock market? It would boggle his mind to know how much I have made in this market over the past fifteen or so years, both paper profit long, and trading.

The reasons you don't hear me howl (other than victoriously) about a stock I hold long term going down are, (1) I've probably held the stock long so long, that I am stratospherically already in the money and don't worry about what really just amounts to blips on the radar, (2) I don't cry about the dips - I profit off them whenever I have the time or inclination to trade. Cha'ching!

It's never too late to start! Or, you may keep complaining about how a stock goes up and down here and there.

Of course TDVegas, if you think it is impossible to profit from trading, then be on your way! and stick to that belief. 😆
MDawg
MDawg
April 21st, 2022 at 8:49:43 PM permalink
Actually, if I had added to my long positions with even a small percentage of my trades, instead of closing them all out, I'd be even further ahead than I am! We're talking about trading going back a verry long time.

But the longs that I have maintained what with stock splits or monstrous appreciation have benefited me quite a lot. There are times along the way where I have added to my longs, but intentionally, and at such times the price has gone up so much from these new entry points, so rapidly, that there was no point in selling. Just hodle! But such buys were intended to be held, not for trade.

Still, if had held even a small percentage of my trades along the way, I'd be even happier than I am now with the stock market. And that should tell you something about what a great bull market we have had for so long now. Just throw a dart, and you should make money. If you haven't been making money hand over fist in this stock market over the past decade and a half or so, something's wrong! I mean, even if you held through the drops around 2008, and didn't sell, still you'd be wildly happy over having held for the past two decades straight.

Why groan when you may howl - with glee!
Last edited by: MDawg on Apr 21, 2022
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 21st, 2022 at 9:13:37 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

The reasons you don't hear me howl (other than victoriously) about a stock…..

“Is because I’m not going to mention any or all the underwater trades I make”.

I honestly don’t think anyone believes your trading claims…but, carry on and think that.

If you have NFLX long…you lost 4 plus years on that investment.
MDawg
MDawg
April 21st, 2022 at 9:31:49 PM permalink
For whatever reasons, you don't sound happy at all about whatever you have done (or not done) in this market. That is telling.

I can't complain whatsoever.
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 21st, 2022 at 10:00:21 PM permalink
Sorry, I just don’t believe your claims. It probably ties in to the idea that I don’t believe your claims on beating a negative expectation game like baccarat….unless we are getting into gambler fallacy or “voodoo” (I know when) claims.

Don’t take it personally, even though you seem to. It’s an anonymous forum for the most part. People make claims all the time. Some are more believable than others. Some are not believable. Yours, to me, are not believable. I’ve pointed out what I think you do here…post winning trades (Cha Ching) and conveniently don’t mention the losing ones.
I really don’t care how many times you want to deny it to me. This thread gets limited interaction from others…so I’m not even sure who you are trying to convince. It can’t be me.

In your case, if you have traded NFLX long…my suggestion (belief) is you’ve experienced losses from trading a stock long from $700 down to current $218. If others believe you, good for you. My existence here isn’t predicated on people having to believe me. I’m merely expressing my thoughts and I think the few others in here probably find MY take on your claimed “stellar” trading record credible.
MDawg
MDawg
April 21st, 2022 at 10:07:55 PM permalink
You could have done a lot worse than to follow my suggestion to buy into AMZN below 2000. I kept saying that it would start "really cooking" once it got over 2000...and it did.

As well, I kept touting TSLA including to DarkOz over two years ago. Just because it dropped for a few days or so after I suggested he go all in with it, he dismissed my suggestion.

I haven't particularly touted NFLX at this forum, but again, you could have done a whole lot worse than to buy into NFLX and hold it for a long time.

Anyway, as far as buying long, the best time to invest is...whenever you have the money. As far as trading actively, that would be, as soon as you have the skills. Trading isn't for everyone, and that's fine.
MDawg
MDawg
April 25th, 2022 at 6:33:49 PM permalink
For now at least, TSLA has barely flinched over that our key man Elon is spreading himself thinner with the TWTR purchase.

MDawg
MDawg
April 26th, 2022 at 8:39:31 AM permalink
TSLA definitely a buy today. I had my order in for a trade at 898 just missed it. Lowered it to 895 which might not even fill but if it does, will definitely be a CHA'CHING! situation.
MDawg
MDawg
April 26th, 2022 at 9:31:59 AM permalink
CHA'CHING! 895 to 905. That's ten K just li' that. Walking around money anyway.
MDawg
MDawg
April 26th, 2022 at 10:44:12 AM permalink
I tried to rinse/repeat at 885, but it didn't get quite that low. Will have to leave it alone for now, busy, on the move.
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 26th, 2022 at 2:28:26 PM permalink

CHA'CHING! 895 to 905. That's ten K just li' that. Walking around money anyway.
link to original post

Quote: Ace2

And most of your posts are to be taken with a grain of salt. Entertaining sometimes but not necessarily true

I concur. Big time.
MDawg
MDawg
April 26th, 2022 at 9:00:30 PM permalink
I'm the guy who booked ten grand on a day that TSLA dropped over a hunsky. You're the guy that apparently sat there watching a stock drop and did nada about it, refused to consider the possibility of trading profitably on even a day like today.

What makes a person a multi multi millionaire today? Mainly, a can do (versus a cannot do) attitude.

I could probably teach you stuff free at this very forum that people charge tens of thousands a month to teach traders. I'm catching the bottom of each relative dip nearly each time I trade, doing stuff that maybe 1% (if that) of traders in this country may do as well as I do. But...why? Why teach you a thing? You don't want to learn and you don't think it's even possible to learn.
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 26th, 2022 at 9:58:00 PM permalink

I'm the guy who booked ten grand on a day that TSLA dropped over a hunsky. You're the guy that apparently sat there watching a stock drop and did nada about it, refused to consider the possibility of trading profitably on even a day like today.

What makes a person a multi multi millionaire today? Mainly, a can do (versus a cannot do) attitude.

I could probably teach you stuff free at this very forum that people charge tens of thousands a month to teach traders. I'm catching the bottom of each relative dip nearly each time I trade, doing stuff that maybe 1% (if that) of traders in this country may do as well as I do. But...why? Why teach you a thing? You don't want to learn and you don't think it's even possible to learn.
link to original post

LOL…I really don’t believe anything that comes from you. It started with “playing baccarat as an advantage player.”

It went downhill from there. Not credible to me. I see I’m not alone either.
MDawg
MDawg
April 26th, 2022 at 10:11:50 PM permalink
And that's part of why you're TDVegas, and will always be TDVegas, and I'm MDawg. The rest simply has to do with factors that cannot be bought.
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 26th, 2022 at 11:00:52 PM permalink
You can create any persona you want here. If you think you have some greater “standing” over others here because of what you post and say here…I’d simply classify you as a narcissist. Not credible either.

Carry on. Don’t sweat it…I’m sure the 5 years you’ve lost on your NFLX long position will come back. Try 2028. It’s under $200 now. Google it. ;-)
MDawg
MDawg
April 26th, 2022 at 11:50:20 PM permalink
Am I supposed to feel sorry for myself that I'm up only a certain number of digits in the seven figure department on my NFLX investment, versus two, or three, or four times that?

A major impediment to great wealth is the inability to hold a long term investment past the point where it looks like a good return, where selling out ends up being a bowl of cold porridge compared to what is to come.

Where's the top? If you're always thinking in those terms, you'll never get very far.

You know I'm right, whether you want to state it publicly or not. Everyone comes to this realization sooner or later, even if only in hindsight with regrets over what they let go. I just figured it out younger than most, is all.
MDawg
MDawg
April 27th, 2022 at 12:02:16 AM permalink
What about all my BTC that I've held for so long, which I still have yet to sell even a bit of it, should I be sad that I didn't sell at 60000+ or happy that I held past 500?
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
April 27th, 2022 at 6:45:08 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

link to original post

LOL…I really don’t believe anything that comes from you. It started with “playing baccarat as an advantage player.”

It went downhill from there. Not credible to me. I see I’m not alone either.
link to original post

With all of these incredible investment gains on almost a daily basis, what do you suppose the tax bill is on short term capitol gains? His accountants must be loving it too trying to keep up and building up with those billable hours. Since there does not seem to be any losses, no offsets to mitigate those huge short term gains with the exception of accountant fees or investment fees.

tuttigym
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 27th, 2022 at 7:03:54 AM permalink
This is turning into a typical Dan Brown novel. An interesting enough plot with a few twists and turns but a very flat ending.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
April 27th, 2022 at 7:46:37 AM permalink

Quote: Dieter

One way will be to limit simultaneous streaming.

So once the customer discovers he can't watch his own Netflix because someone he lent his password to is watching it, he will just change the password and not share it.
link to original post

Probably problematic for some families.
Dad has a TV, Mom has a TV, highschooler has a TV, and two kids off at different colleges sharing the password, plus they all have access on their phones... strikes me as a target demographic to not create negative brand equity with.

Unfortunately, it also looks a lot like the small apartment complex all sharing a password and wifi.
link to original post

Yes but the solution is to create a family package at a slight premium.

Isn't that sort of what phones do? They have shared plans? So it's cheaper than each member of the family having their own plan
link to original post

I could see that working. The ability to add a few remote family members (but without, say, super whiz-bang maxidefinition) to the highest tier plan for an extra 50% probably wouldn't annoy customers while still creating value.

edit: Just realized I'm a week behind. Sorry for derailing things.
Last edited by: Dieter on Apr 27, 2022
May the cards fall in your favor.
MDawg
MDawg
April 27th, 2022 at 8:22:57 AM permalink
Owing tax means you made money. Nothing wrong with that. There are MANY deductions against stock trading including the expensive computers used for trading, as long as may claim that they are used exclusively for stock trading, and many other deductions too. There is a lot you may deduct outright or depreciate over time. No, the deductions don't nearly cover the gains but they are something anyway.

In any case though, the only potential issue stock traders face is the wash sale rule, which I have written repeatedly about how to deal with that in prior posts. The wash sale rule comes up for me when averaging in, buy 1000 of a stock at say 700, drops to 780, buy another 1000 at 780, sell the entire 2000 at 795, now you have 1000 shares made 15000, 1000 shares lost 5000, retrade the same stock within 30 days (or thirty seconds 😆) and the wash sale rule may come into play - if you trade the same shares in an account that has not been designated as mark to market, then at least designate the account as calculating on a LIFO basis if you hold a lot of shares long term and then trade additional ones. It gets a little complex, but not overly so. You get a consolidated 1099 at the end of the year that might be many many many pages, but still the accountant just uses that. At worst, the accountant needs to justify a recalculation of bases at my direction the rest is all there in summary form.

Anyway, it's silly to worry about taxes. I know more about lowering taxes than most, and my tax preparer knows more than I do in some areas, but Better to just worry about making money, the more you make the more you might owe in taxes. That is a good thing.
MDawg
MDawg
April 27th, 2022 at 8:34:46 AM permalink
I tried to fill two very large NFLX trades, one at 189 one at 188, neither filled. Would have been glorious, but it didn't drop quite that low. Will leave it alone for now unless a double bottom starts forming.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 27th, 2022 at 1:06:54 PM permalink

Anyway, it's silly to worry about taxes. I know more about lowering taxes than most, and my tax preparer knows more than I do in some areas, but Better to just worry about making money, the more you make the more you might owe in taxes. That is a good thing.
link to original post

Totally agree! I’ve been making consistent $ with online sports betting. One question everyone asks me, sort of implying I shouldn’t be doing it, is ‘don’t you have to pay taxes on the money you are making?’ My response is something like…. ‘When you go to work, don’t you have to pay taxes on the money you are making?’

Not saying I don’t use legal tax mitigation strategies when available, but I’m never upset making money that I end up having to give the government a cut of.
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2022 at 12:26:33 PM permalink
Bit of a comeback today.
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2022 at 12:27:16 PM permalink
AMZN reports soon!
drmario
drmario
  • Threads: 4
April 28th, 2022 at 2:00:57 PM permalink
📉
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 28th, 2022 at 4:54:14 PM permalink
Quote: drmario

📉
link to original post

It doesn’t matter. He makes money when it goes up or goes down.

His business card simply says “I’ll call you”
His shirts never wrinkle
He is left handed and right handed
He has won the lifetime achievement award…twice
Fluent in all languages and 3 of his own
Panhandlers give him money.
His passport required no photograph
He discovered a short cut while sailing solo around the world
Cuba imports cigars from him
He holds an advantage over all table games…as well as the Big 6 wheel.
Slot machines turn off when he inserts money and the screen flashes “uncle”.
His middle name is “you’re welcome”.
Last edited by: TDVegas on Apr 28, 2022
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2022 at 6:47:59 PM permalink
Net drop of about a hunsky. Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party and buy buy buy AMZN.
Last edited by: MDawg on Apr 28, 2022
MDawg
MDawg
April 29th, 2022 at 9:48:22 AM permalink
AMZN at 2500 is a serious BUY.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
April 29th, 2022 at 10:05:30 AM permalink

AMZN at 2500 is a serious BUY.
link to original post

What's your reasoning? What's your ten-year forecast of their profits?

Have you considered that some new technology/company will arrive in five years and we will have mostly forgotten about Amazon in ten years?
It’s all about making that GTA
MDawg
MDawg
April 29th, 2022 at 10:23:35 AM permalink
The only reason not to buy into it at these levels would be if unable to buy enough shares to make a difference, but even 10 shares when it goes back to 3500 is a good return.

I can't really discuss this with you Ace2 if you're unaware of all the companies who have tried to replace AMZN including in recent years even recent months, and failed. You seem to be coming simply from a point of view of that "nothing is good in this market today" - and "the party's over" is there anything else to your criticism of the US Market? people have been saying those sorts of things for years now and been left behind.
Ace2
Ace2
April 29th, 2022 at 11:08:34 AM permalink

You seem to be coming simply from a point of view of that "nothing is good in this market today" - and "the party's over" is there anything else to your criticism of the US Market? people have been saying those sorts of things for years now and been left behind.
link to original post

Look at any common valuation measure and the market is much higher than it's ever been. This is a very mature, very overvalued bull market. You can't dispute that

Though I sold a sizeable chunk in January, I'm still mostly invested (trailing stop losses on almost everything). I'm milking any remaining gains before exiting. But you'd have to be insane to buy into the market at this level...that goes for most real estate as well. We are in an extreme asset bubble that will end badly...just like last time, only worse
Last edited by: Ace2 on Apr 29, 2022
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 29th, 2022 at 12:12:21 PM permalink
Notice how no Mdawg “trades” listed today on AMZN? That’s not because trades weren’t made, but because the entire day has been one continuous slide and all those trades he has made are in the red today.

So, the correct term is not cha-Ching, but rather “I’m bleeding on every trade today”.

Transparency, folks. It’s not here.
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 29th, 2022 at 12:14:51 PM permalink

You seem to be coming simply from a point of view of that "nothing is good in this market today" - and "the party's over" is there anything else to your criticism of the US Market? people have been saying those sorts of things for years now and been left behind.
link to original post

Look at any common valuation measure and the market is much higher than it's ever been. This is a very mature, very overvalued bull market. You can't dispute that

Though I sold a sizeable chunk in January, I'm still mostly invested (trailing stop losses on almost everything). I'm milking any remaining gains before exiting. But you'd have to be insane to buy into the market at this level...that goes for most real estate as well. We are in an extreme asset bubble that will end badly...just like last time, only worse
link to original post

Bezos was one of kind. Not sold on Jassy…at all.
MDawg
MDawg
April 29th, 2022 at 12:28:19 PM permalink

Notice how

Notice how TDVegas shoots his mouth off regularly with no back up. I haven't done any trades today at all. I actually had a couple orders in for AMZN, but I kept missing. If you know anything about the way I trade, whenever I miss, I then lower the next order substantially because if it goes back that low, chances are, it will drop even lower. Anyway, after a couple of misses I just gave up, and next thing you know it was too close to the bell (last couple hours) and it tanked too much, so no trades. This whole week there were more days that I did not trade at all than days I did.

Ace2 when I advised going all in on TSLA to DarkOz a couple of years or so ago, there were a couple of days that it dropped after that, and DarkOz posted that he was relieved that he didn't follow my advice. Next thing you know of course, it became a ten bagger or better.

Similarly today, AMZN did drop below 2500 after I advised to buy into it, but you may use that as an excuse to sigh with relief that you didn't buy, or, look at the DarkOz lesson of the past!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 29th, 2022 at 1:15:12 PM permalink
I use Amazon a lot. 254 orders so far this year, and I must say they are doing a spectacular job considering the state of the supply chain. One of my businesses wholesales plastic comic book bags and I've had two containers sitting somewhere between the factory and my warehouse for months now, but Amazon has managed to keep things moving.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 29th, 2022 at 1:18:59 PM permalink
Amazon got crushed today. Worst single day loss since 2006.

They lost an amazing $8 billion by investing in Rivian.

Turned a positive earnings into a loss. You just can have investments burning a hole thru your earnings report. I understand the long term goal…but today was a gut punch for holders in AMZN.
tuttigym
tuttigym
April 29th, 2022 at 1:30:03 PM permalink
I am curious. AMZN @ 2500 is an expensive stock. 100 shares would set one back $250,000. A $100 gain to 2600 would net the investor $10,000. Why not purchase 16,666 shares of FRD (approx. $15/share) for the same investment. When the stock goes to $17, which it has a couple of time this year, the gain over $33k. There are a lot of inexpensive stocks that move up and down often that are quality companies many of which pay dividends that are relatively generous. Where are you with this type of strategy?

tuttigym
tuttigym
tuttigym
April 29th, 2022 at 1:31:41 PM permalink

Amazon got crushed today. Worst single day loss since 2006.

They lost an amazing $8 billion by investing in Rivian.

Turned a positive earnings into a loss. You just can have investments burning a hole thru your earnings report. I understand the long term goal…but today was a gut punch for holders in AMZN.
link to original post

What happened with Rivian?

tuttigym
Ace2
Ace2
April 29th, 2022 at 1:33:21 PM permalink
The market is volatile AF. Up a few percent one day, down a few percent the next day. Ominous sign
MDawg
MDawg
April 29th, 2022 at 1:35:01 PM permalink
AMZN definitely dropped more than expected, but then so has NFLX. NFLX, its drops makes sense in some ways, AMZN's doesn't, necessarily. The reason AMZN posted a loss versus expected profit is due to what should amount to a one time sort of "charge off" due to "bad" investment in Rivian. This was a mark to market loss, something which (experienced) traders understand well, which again makes it perhaps puzzling why people reacted so negatively. Then again, during these panics it is typically retail that gets hurt dumping and institutions that then pick up the pieces and make money over the crushed bones of those who sold at a discount.

In any case, as BillRyan seems to be pointing out, AMZN isn't going anywhere.

Tuttigym a 20:1 split for AMZN has already been announced. And in any case, the concept of buying something or other at a discount versus buying the best at a premium is perhaps best discounted by looking at real estate for the past years. Buy junk in crappy neighborhoods at distress sales, and yes, you still will have made money, but not nearly as much as if you had paid full price for premium properties. As far as real estate, for some years now - today's full price has become tomorrow's steal.

The same with cryptocurrency. For years now, I've tried hard to discourage people from buying low priced new crypto, and advocated "BTC only." Well, look, today BTC is still here and still strong but the vast majority of those crappy others that were priced low and offered the possibility of multi baggers have dropped substantially in value, if not disappeared altogether.
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 29th, 2022 at 2:50:34 PM permalink

The market is volatile AF. Up a few percent one day, down a few percent the next day. Ominous sign
link to original post

No question. Everything is dying into close as well.
MDawg
MDawg
April 29th, 2022 at 3:04:22 PM permalink
Just buy as much as you can whenever you can. And hodl. You'll be thankful on down the line.

As far as real estate people who are buying nowadays are doing so because they have to buy. No one wants to pay these prices, but obviously enough people must. I don't recommend real estate as a "buy as much as you can" investment the way I do the stock market. And in any case, people should be putting money into the market that is disposable, not money they need to survive month to month. It also depends I suppose on their age. If you plan to be around for a long time, and don't need any of the money, BUY IT ALL!
TDVegas
TDVegas
April 29th, 2022 at 3:35:35 PM permalink
I don’t think you will get burned by being out of the market right now. Meaning you won’t miss much. I do think that you can be utterly burned by being in the market. When tech stocks are down 50-60-75%…that’s a beating you want to avoid. A stock like NFLX has lost 5 years of time. (Down 75% in months)..Who knows when that comes back.

Apple had its best earnings report yesterday in the 46 year history of the company. Stock down $6.

Jerome Powell hasn’t even started on his aggressive interest rate hikes either. Him just showing his face is good for a 800 point Dow drop.

The risk reward just isn’t there. I see absolutely no reason to hold Amazon thru earnings. A beat will net you 3% upside, maybe…a miss? Down 15%. You are flipping a coin…getting $1 on heads and losing $5 on tails. Only a psychotic would take those odds.

Even earning beats are getting trashed. Facebook down 55% in a few months finally bucked and soared on earnings. I don’t expect it to hold. MSFT same. Down $12 today giving back the entire earnings pop.

Sorry, the sentiment is sell. Impossible to time market….but the stock losses in tech have been bad.
  • Jump to: