August 3rd, 2019 at 12:03:47 PM permalink
thoughts and prayers.............
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
ams288
August 3rd, 2019 at 12:04:20 PM permalink
Someone targeted the well-known gun free zone of Texas.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 3rd, 2019 at 3:18:35 PM permalink
I read the shooter’s manifesto.

Typical far-right anti-immigrant nonsense. Honestly, it seems like it could have been written by Tucker Carlson. That’s how normalized the hatred on the right has become.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
ams288
August 3rd, 2019 at 3:50:23 PM permalink
Patrick Crusius

lots and lots of guns in Texas - the most lax gun laws in the country

what happened to the theory that people being allowed to easily own guns is going to enable them to stop a maniac - the theory is not holding up

Please don't feed the trolls
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
Thanked by
RSbobbartopbeachbumbabs
August 3rd, 2019 at 4:32:02 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

I read the shooter’s manifesto.

I think reading a lunatic's manifesto is one of the last things I would ever waste time doing.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 3rd, 2019 at 4:44:56 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Patrick Crusius

what happened to the theory that people being allowed to easily own guns is going to enable them to stop a maniac - the theory is not holding up

I was thinking the same thing. One report said there were 1000 people in there. Cant imagine 1k people in a walmart but I guess it is possible. No one nearby had a gun on them in texas?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
August 3rd, 2019 at 4:47:23 PM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

I think reading a lunatic's manifesto is one of the last things I would ever waste time doing.

If the part about using an AK47 was extracted, the manifesto reads like a personal opinion piece on Fox. The act of pulling a trigger may be uncommon, but the perspective of the manifesto isn't all that uncommon.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
ams288
ams288
August 3rd, 2019 at 4:57:57 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

If the part about using an AK47 was extracted, the manifesto reads like a personal opinion piece on Fox. The act of pulling a trigger may be uncommon, but the perspective of the manifesto isn't all that uncommon.

Many opinions similar to those in the manifesto have been expressed by right wingers on this very board.

His outrage at the idea of Dem candidates saying they’d provide healthcare to illegal immigrants seems like it could have been copied and pasted from the 2020 Election thread.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
RSMaxPenpetroglyphbobbartopSOOPOO
August 3rd, 2019 at 5:14:45 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Many opinions similar to those in the manifesto have been expressed by right wingers on this very board.

His outrage at the idea of Dem candidates saying they’d provide healthcare to illegal immigrants seems like it could have been copied and pasted from the 2020 Election thread.

Once again a hate filled post toward other posters here from you. Because you equate being against free HC for illegals to shooting up a Walmart as normal thoughts.

Thanks for making my point each and everyday.

Oh yea, thoughts and prayers as Tony Danza always said.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
August 3rd, 2019 at 5:36:24 PM permalink

Patrick Crusius

I posted a link showing how it does hold up not long ago. Nobody said it works every time.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
August 3rd, 2019 at 5:41:25 PM permalink
Never mind. Not worth it.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
AZDuffmanRS
August 3rd, 2019 at 5:47:23 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Never mind. Not worth it.

Translated to, "don't want to open my mouth and prove what everyone already knows"😂
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
August 3rd, 2019 at 5:51:58 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Translated to, "don't want to open my mouth and prove what everyone already knows"😂

Or, "can't find a way to blame the gun not the person."
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
rxwine
August 3rd, 2019 at 5:53:47 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Once again a hate filled post toward other posters here from you. Because you equate being against free HC for illegals to shooting up a Walmart as normal thoughts.

How did I know you’d be more upset with my post than with the right winger who murdered 20 innocent people?
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
ams288
August 3rd, 2019 at 5:58:24 PM permalink

Trust me, I wouldn’t expect a birther who believes in conspiracies to denounce his racist president.

History won’t be kind to you.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
August 3rd, 2019 at 6:03:52 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Trust me, I wouldn’t expect a birther who believes in conspiracies to denounce his racist president.

History won’t be kind to you.

If we get a racist president then maybe you would have a point. Trump does not have a racist bone in his body.

Unlike your candidate Kamala, who has shown herself to be a brown supremacist. Do you denounce her calls for reparations?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
Thanked by
ams288
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
August 3rd, 2019 at 6:11:35 PM permalink

Patrick Crusius

Seriously, your "point" is so weak. And what happens when there is no 2nd Amendment? China is a good example. The people of Hong Kong are going ballistic right now. They are willing to die fighting to prevent being subject to being hauled off to China at any time. They are willing to die to be free.

No guns = no freedom.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
August 3rd, 2019 at 6:35:57 PM permalink
I don't debate the other side any more

my mission is to provide useful info to my side

my mission is research
Please don't feed the trolls
rxwine
rxwine
August 3rd, 2019 at 6:55:07 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Unlike your candidate Kamala, who has shown herself to be a brown supremacist. Do you denounce her calls for reparations?

Why do you think reparations is racist? Reparations can be paid to anyone who has suffered wrong or are you making the claim no one was ever wronged in the American slave trade?

The only possible wrong is misidentifying people on either side of the issue. If a family inherited anything from grandparents that was stolen, like land or property, it's not yours to keep even if you didn't steal it yourself.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
Forager
August 3rd, 2019 at 7:22:39 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Why do you think reparations is racist? Reparations can be paid to anyone who has suffered wrong or are you making the claim no one was ever wronged in the American slave trade?

The only possible wrong is misidentifying people on either side of the issue. If a family inherited anything from grandparents that was stolen, like land or property, it's not yours to keep even if you didn't steal it yourself.

I'm for reparations as soon as I get that plantation I never owned.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
AxelWolf
August 3rd, 2019 at 7:33:05 PM permalink

Does Kamala's reparation plan include giving north America back to the indigenous tribes and then gtfo herself?
rxwine
rxwine
August 3rd, 2019 at 7:34:37 PM permalink

The thing is, our tax dollars have been used before to pay people hurt by some government supported wrongdoing, like doing experiments on soldiers. Our tax dollars often pay for people wrongfully convicted who spent multiple years in jail. You didn't have anything to do with it I'm sure, but the idea is hardly unprecedented.

What makes everyone pause, is probably the actual staggering cost which is probably owed. What is owed for slavery, or having your children stolen and sold?

I don't think anyone will pay for the actual cost, it would just be some compensation. We would end up with a bargain probably compared to what's owed.

But, I don't think it will happen, no matter who becomes President.
rxwine
rxwine
August 3rd, 2019 at 7:45:59 PM permalink
Actually what cracks me up is people saying it would be too hard to figure out. Mixed families and all that. WTF, some of the smartest people in the world can't work out fractions?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 3rd, 2019 at 7:55:57 PM permalink

Actually what cracks me up is people saying it would be too hard to figure out. Mixed families and all that. WTF, some of the smartest people in the world can't work out fractions?

Yeah, because it’s that easy! Just do the fraction thingie, super ez I learned those in like 3’rd grade!! 🤦‍♂️

🤡 🌎
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
RSAZDuffman
August 3rd, 2019 at 8:11:07 PM permalink

Descendants of slaves already got reparations. In fact, they hit the friggin jackpot. If their ancestors had not been enslaved hundreds of years ago, they would be living in some African sh*thole right now instead of enjoying the good life in the greatest country in the world. As awful as the thought of slavery seems now, Black Americans should consider themselves lucky that there was slavery.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
bobbartop
August 3rd, 2019 at 8:27:57 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Black Americans should consider themselves lucky that there was slavery.

Definitely, quote of the day there.
rxwine
rxwine
August 3rd, 2019 at 8:35:33 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Does Kamala's reparation plan include giving north America back to the indigenous tribes and then gtfo herself?

A variation of that has been made against the idea of reparations. The old familiar slippery slope. It's kind of a sad argument though. Because it doesn't imply we weren't wrong or that nobody deserves anything, it just implies we're afraid everyone will want what they are owed and it is way too much.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
RS
August 3rd, 2019 at 8:53:03 PM permalink

Definitely, quote of the day there.

Thanks, especially since it's absolutely true. Show me a rational Black American who would trade his life in the United States for a life of eating grub worms and mud biscuits in Zimbabwe. You can't, there ain't none.
billryan
billryan
August 3rd, 2019 at 9:23:50 PM permalink

Thanks, especially since it's absolutely true. Show me a rational Black American who would trade his life in the United States for a life of eating grub worms and mud biscuits in Zimbabwe. You can't, there ain't none.

I thought Chicago and Baltimore were hell on earth?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 3rd, 2019 at 10:08:36 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

No human would want to live there.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
bobbartop
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 3rd, 2019 at 11:02:51 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Some sh**hole in Africa is worse.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 3rd, 2019 at 11:19:02 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Some sh**hole in Africa is worse.

Seems safer than el paso texas right now
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MaxPen
MaxPen
August 3rd, 2019 at 11:22:31 PM permalink
I can't find anyone condoning what this kid did. Yet CNN is non-stop with the white man bad mantra.
Makes me wonder if this whole thing isn't some sort of staged ANTIFA operation or something.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 3rd, 2019 at 11:42:33 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Not free. Access to it, paying what others here do. I don't support it either, but at least be accurate about what you're protesting.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
August 4th, 2019 at 3:30:00 AM permalink

Black Americans should consider themselves lucky that there was slavery.

Lucky?

Estimates are that between 17 and 100 million slaves were taken from Africa. The Arabs ran the slave trade for more than a thousand years. They still do. The more fortunate slaves were sold to European traders and shipped to America. The less fortunate were forced to walk through the deserts to Moslem countries, where all of the males were castrated. Some had their penises cut off as well.

Dr. Marcus Garvey Jr.

Babies born to female slaves were killed.

Their slaves suffered a 95% mortality rate.

The Arabs don’t abide mixed races. That is why to this day, despite the millions of African slaves brought into the Moslem countries, mixed race people are so rare in the middle east, and Spain and Portugal, where the Moslems ruled for eight hundred years.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
AZDuffman
August 4th, 2019 at 3:50:40 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Lucky?

Yes, lucky. Obviously I mean the modern day Black American, not the people who had to go through slavery. I thought that was obvious when I wrote it. It was, wasn't it?
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 4th, 2019 at 3:55:56 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Seems safer than el paso texas right now

Maybe. Maybe not. Why are millions of Africans trying to get to Europe?
kubikulann
kubikulann
  • Threads: 27
August 4th, 2019 at 4:13:53 AM permalink

. Show me a rational Black American who would trade his life in the United States for a life of eating grub worms and mud biscuits in Zimbabwe. You can't, there ain't none.

The crime of slavery cannot be condoned by using the results of the crime of colonialism.

Then also, most of the American Black slaves came from West Africa. Those countries have a better record than Zimbabwé.

Except when a greedy dictator is ruining the country. But then, would you prefer your country ruined by a rational dictator or a mad elected president or prime minister?
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
August 4th, 2019 at 4:16:15 AM permalink
How do we go from a shooting in Texas to slavery in America by the second page?

Zimbabwe is east Africa. But it is quite obvious your entire views of world history is not based on anything resembling facts or accuracy. If history was drastically different, none of our parents would have met and none of us would exist at all. I guess we can call that luck. But some of that history was completely wrong in every possible way.
kubikulann
kubikulann
Thanked by
rawtuff
August 4th, 2019 at 4:21:03 AM permalink

And what happens when there is no 2nd Amendment? China is a good example. The people of Hong Kong are going ballistic right now. They are willing to die fighting to prevent being subject to being hauled off to China at any time. They are willing to die to be free.

No guns = no freedom.

Do you think owning guns would make them better? It would only create civil war. (Or rather, uncivil)

Why do you overlook the finest examples of happy, rich, peaceful free countries? Europe! Canada!
Less crimes, less deads, less prisoners than in the US.
No guns = more freedom to enjoy your political liberties.
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
August 4th, 2019 at 4:26:18 AM permalink

Why are millions of Africans trying to get to Europe?

So they can hitch a ride to the USA, were the dems are promising them free health care.
kubikulann
kubikulann
August 4th, 2019 at 4:34:05 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

So they can hitch a ride to the USA, were the dems are promising them free health care.

No need to. Because in Europe, we have it; we don’t need to wait for promises.
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 4th, 2019 at 4:35:22 AM permalink
Quote: kubikulann

The crime of slavery cannot be condoned by using the results of the crime of colonialism.

Then also, most of the American Black slaves came from West Africa. Those countries have a better record than Zimbabwé.

Except when a greedy dictator is ruining the country. But then, would you prefer your country ruined by a rational dictator or a mad elected president or prime minister?

Who's condoning slavery? Me? Perhaps you misread.

Someone brought up reparations. My point still stands, and it's a good one. They got their "reparations" already. They're living in the United States, the best country in the world, instead of the African Continent, where all 52 countries are sh*tholes, not just the single country I mentioned. By the way, Rhodesia was once one of the best places to live in Africa. I don't know where you come up with "West Africa had a better record". You're guessing. And you're guessing wrong.
kubikulann
kubikulann
August 4th, 2019 at 4:40:58 AM permalink
‘Reparations’ is a Christian concept. You must pay for your ancestors’ fault.

‘Redistribution’ is the correct concept. If I was born rich because my fathers stole yours, and you ended up poor, then you are entitled to a share.

Hence, it is not the American State that owes reparations. It is the American rich who must distribute their wealth.
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 4th, 2019 at 4:48:28 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

How do we go from a shooting in Texas to slavery in America by the second page?

Zimbabwe is east Africa. But it is quite obvious your entire views of world history is not based on anything resembling facts or accuracy. If history was drastically different, none of our parents would have met and none of us would exist at all. I guess we can call that luck. But some of that history was completely wrong in every possible way.

Someone brought up reparations, that's how we changed subject by the second page. You can scroll as well as I can.

Btw, Zimbabwe is South Africa, not East, and was modern and prosperous not too long ago, before it went communist. And you don't know fk about my views of world history. My statement still stands, and it's a simple statement. Modern Day Black Americans are lucky there was slavery, or they would not have had the opportunity to be born in the United States. At no point did I condone slavery. Wtf is wrong with you people? Who condones slavery? Nobody, that's who. gtfo
billryan
billryan
August 4th, 2019 at 4:50:43 AM permalink

Yes, lucky. Obviously I mean the modern day Black American, not the people who had to go through slavery. I thought that was obvious when I wrote it. It was, wasn't it?

I understood you perfectly. I think most men of good will did, as well.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
kubikulannAZDuffmanMaxPenRS
August 4th, 2019 at 4:51:03 AM permalink
Quote: kubikulann

‘Reparations’ is a Christian concept. You must pay for your ancestors’ fault.

‘Redistribution’ is the correct concept. If I was born rich because my fathers stole yours, and you ended up poor, then you are entitled to a share.

Hence, it is not the American State that owes reparations. It is the American rich who must distribute their wealth.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to a commie. Goodbye.
  • Jump to: