3 votes (11.11%)
5 votes (18.51%)

27 members have voted

PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 21
August 1st, 2019 at 11:19:16 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

I was told that you burn off sugars first, then after you have burned off any excess sugar you then burn off fat. That's the reason for waiting to eat the first meal of the day. I was told this by a retired L.A. county sheriff who was thin. He fasts too.

Lol no offence but being thin doesnít qualify him to give nutritional advice.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
Thanks for this post from:
PokerGrinder
August 1st, 2019 at 11:26:06 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Romes I will probably take you up on that offer. I plan on adding muscle as I lose weight so I donít know how much muscle weight I will put on. I assume 5-10 pounds of muscle mass in 5 months makes sense.

Bill I think you misread my post. Iím not setting 50 pounds as a goal but more as a guesstimate of what I think might be possible if I do what I need to do.

ďMy goal is not to lose a certain amount in a certain amount of time but just to exercise and eat healthy. The weight will start coming off if I hold to that plan. At my size I think itís very realistic that I can be down to around 200 pounds by the new year. Ē

I didn't misread it. I'm just saying keep your goals short term, and your long term ones will follow.
If you are two fifty now, I don't think losing fifty pounds in five months is very realistic. I sincerely hope you prove me wrong. It will take a lifestyle change. One day at a time.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 68
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
August 1st, 2019 at 12:26:47 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Be realistic and don't be afraid to fail.
Best of luck.

I disagree completely. If you set a goal, do not fail under any circumstance. If the goal is realistic, failing is just an excuse. Be mentally strong. If Irom Sharmila can go 500 weeks on a hunger strike, why can't you?
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 128
August 1st, 2019 at 12:35:29 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I disagree completely. If you set a goal, do not fail under any circumstance. If the goal is realistic, failing is just an excuse. Be mentally strong. If Irom Sharmila can go 500 weeks on a hunger strike, why can't you?

I've been up for 4 1/2 hours and just had my first meal of the day. A good-sized bowl of oatmeal with 30-calorie per serving almond milk and no sugar. And it tasted great. (If I had to eat celery I wouldn't like it!)
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
August 1st, 2019 at 2:26:55 PM permalink
New diet plan: drop your lunch on the ground the second you take it out of the microwave. Then proceed to swear at it because you arenít home and now have nothing to eat.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
August 1st, 2019 at 4:03:57 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Allow me to rephrase. Don't be afraid to stumble. Once you set your mind on something, time is the only thing keeping you from it.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
August 1st, 2019 at 8:03:31 PM permalink
Workout day one. If I donít post on here in about 20 minutes it means I had a heart attack so one of you should call the Winnipeg 911.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
August 1st, 2019 at 8:45:59 PM permalink
15 minutes on the elliptical and then a 1 minute plank. I thought the planking would be easy but my arms started shaking 10 seconds in lol.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
August 1st, 2019 at 8:54:20 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Ya juice drinks are full of sugar. Apple or orange juice sounds like it should be healthy but are anything but.

Before they used the glucose drink
they do now, before a glucose
tolerance test they gave you orange
juice because it's pure sugar and
hits you with a jolt.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 261
August 2nd, 2019 at 6:59:39 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

15 minutes on the elliptical and then a 1 minute plank. I thought the planking would be easy but my arms started shaking 10 seconds in lol.

not quite sure what planking is, do remember some headlines about public planking and police responses.

Exercise?? I lifted my coffee cup this morning. I pressed a few buttons on the alarm clocks.

• Jump to: