4 votes (12.9%)
6 votes (19.35%)

31 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1332
August 1st, 2019 at 6:27:18 AM permalink
I lost 25 pounds years ago and kept it off. My method is mainly lots of exercise, averaging two hours a day. Then limit sweets and try to stop eating when youíre no longer hungry.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
August 1st, 2019 at 6:34:04 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

TLDR.

I'll be sending you some edible candy d***** there's no way you can resist downing those.

Saving the chocolate ones for yourself is no surprise. I'll take some bubblegum va****S.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 1st, 2019 at 6:55:14 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

and cut out sugar.

Meals On Wheels just brought me two cookies! Although it is only four ounces, the apple juice is nothing but sugar.

I do drink my coffee-water black (no longer any Old Sock coffee or Boiled Roach coffee).
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 171
August 1st, 2019 at 7:58:27 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Iíve struggled with my weight for most of my life. My highest weight was 292 pounds around 2011. I got down to about 245 by exercising and eating better but that all went out the window when I moved to Las Vegas for 6 months in 2013/2014. By late 2014 I was back up to about 270 and after WSOP 2015 I was about 284 again. I stayed above 270 for the next 18 months or so before finally slowly losing the weight during 2017. I got down as low as 214 after my trip to Asia for 3+ months in 2018. From there I put a little bit of weight back on but kept steady until last October. Since last October Iíve put on over 25 pounds and I currently sit at 251 pounds. (I think this timeline makes sense)

My goal is not to lose a certain amount in a certain amount of time but just to exercise and eat healthy. The weight will start coming off if I hold to that plan. At my size I think itís very realistic that I can be down to around 200 pounds by the new year. (Iím only 5 Ď10) I have a friend who is a gym rat that will be on my ass everyday to stay on his workout plan and I thought it would help me if I was accountable to this thread. I plan on posting weekly updates on how itís going.

The poll question is basically how much do you think I will lose or gain by January 1, 2020.

A realistic goal would be twenty pounds by January. People often fail by setting unrealistic goals. I find setting easily achieved goals builds momentum and leads to long term success. Instead of picking a weight target, find a favorite pair of pants you no longer fit into.
Make wearing them your immediate goal.
Everyone is different, and reacts differently. I don't do long term goals well, I need to keep the prize directly ahead of me. You know yourself best. Be realistic and don't be afraid to fail.
Best of luck.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder 
  • Threads: 22
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
August 1st, 2019 at 8:46:51 AM permalink
Romes I will probably take you up on that offer. I plan on adding muscle as I lose weight so I donít know how much muscle weight I will put on. I assume 5-10 pounds of muscle mass in 5 months makes sense.

Bill I think you misread my post. Iím not setting 50 pounds as a goal but more as a guesstimate of what I think might be possible if I do what I need to do.

ďMy goal is not to lose a certain amount in a certain amount of time but just to exercise and eat healthy. The weight will start coming off if I hold to that plan. At my size I think itís very realistic that I can be down to around 200 pounds by the new year. Ē
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 18
August 1st, 2019 at 9:54:47 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Meals On Wheels just brought me two cookies! Although it is only four ounces, the apple juice is nothing but sugar.

I do drink my coffee-water black (no longer any Old Sock coffee or Boiled Roach coffee).

Ya juice drinks are full of sugar. Apple or orange juice sounds like it should be healthy but are anything but. Water is of course the best drink but it does get boring sometimes. I do also drink black coffee and my weakness coke zero.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 130
Thanks for this post from:
happahero
August 1st, 2019 at 10:20:51 AM permalink
Hi PokerGrinder,

I thought I'd pass along something to you that has helped me. It is an obvious thing but it has made a big difference in my life. Just try to put off eating the first meal of the new day. You might go 1,2 or 3 hours or more until you eat. When I find myself thinking about food every few minutes, I eat.

I was told that by doing this your system has a better chance to lose weight, because you are going longer since the last meal from the day before.

Also, take at least a one mile walk each day. And I have no cookies, pie, chocolates or desserts in the house. The more you avoid these foods the more you'll think of them as junk. Eating sugar makes you want more sugar.

And lay off the chicken McNuggets!

Good luck!
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 1st, 2019 at 11:05:22 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

Hi PokerGrinder,

I thought I'd pass along something to you that has helped me. It is an obvious thing but it has made a big difference in my life. Just try to put off eating the first meal of the new day. You might go 1,2 or 3 hours or more until you eat. When I find myself thinking about food every few minutes, I eat.

I was told that by doing this your system has a better chance to lose weight, because you are going longer since the last meal from the day before.

Also, take at least a one mile walk each day. And I have no cookies, pie, chocolates or desserts in the house. The more you avoid these foods the more you'll think of them as junk. Eating sugar makes you want more sugar.

And lay off the chicken McNuggets!

Good luck!

I know a lot of people do the intermittent fasting and I have not done much research on it, but I thought it has always been said to eat in the morning to kickstart your metabolism. Is that not the case anymore
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 130
August 1st, 2019 at 11:16:40 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I know a lot of people do the intermittent fasting and I have not done much research on it, but I thought it has always been said to eat in the morning to kickstart your metabolism. Is that not the case anymore

I was told that you burn off sugars first, then after you have burned off any excess sugar you then burn off fat. That's the reason for waiting to eat the first meal of the day. I was told this by a retired L.A. county sheriff who was thin. He fasts too.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder 
  • Threads: 22
August 1st, 2019 at 11:18:27 AM permalink
Haha for sure no McNuggets, I honestly wonít ever eat one of those again.

I eat small bits throughout the day, that has always worked best for me. I have a bowl of steel-cut oatmeal and scrambled eggs consisting of 1 egg and 1/2 a cup of egg whites for breakfast. I just had carrots and hummus and when I get hungry Iíll have 5 oz of roasted chicken with 1 cup of brown rice. For dinner Iíll have chicken or fish with rice and most likely asparagus. If I want a snack later I have a handful of roasted tamari almonds.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston

• Jump to: