Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 169
  • Posts: 3463
January 22nd, 2021 at 7:59:06 AM permalink
...................


EB mentioned lettuce
to me that is such a boring food
I get it that with dressing in a salad it's okay......but still
ever here anybody say I just had some really delicious lettuce?
other tremendously boring foods - broccoli, string beans, cabbage and cucumbers
I get it that greens are healthy - but still - so boring
green peppers are not boring


*
𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 110
  • Posts: 7788
January 22nd, 2021 at 8:24:12 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

...................


EB mentioned lettuce
to me that is such a boring food
I get it that with dressing in a salad it's okay......but still
ever here anybody say I just had some really delicious lettuce?
other tremendously boring foods - broccoli, string beans, cabbage and cucumbers
I get it that greens are healthy - but still - so boring
green peppers are not boring


*



I love cabbage in kim chi. Not boring. Pickled cucumbers (pickles!) are also great.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 7273
January 22nd, 2021 at 8:50:19 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

...................


EB mentioned lettuce
to me that is such a boring food
I get it that with dressing in a salad it's okay......but still
ever here anybody say I just had some really delicious lettuce?
other tremendously boring foods - broccoli, string beans, cabbage and cucumbers
I get it that greens are healthy - but still - so boring
green peppers are not boring


*



I do not eat anything green. People laugh at me because I even separate the peas out of my fried rice.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 10364
January 22nd, 2021 at 11:26:45 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I do not eat anything green. People laugh at me because I even separate the peas out of my fried rice.



Just order it with no peas. Let them do the scut work.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2613
January 22nd, 2021 at 11:37:44 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

...................


EB mentioned lettuce
to me that is such a boring food
I get it that with dressing in a salad it's okay......but still
ever here anybody say I just had some really delicious lettuce?
other tremendously boring foods - broccoli, string beans, cabbage and cucumbers
I get it that greens are healthy - but still - so boring
green peppers are not boring


*



Millennials greatest contribution to the world at this point is insisting that vegetables be doused in fat before theyíre cooked. Steamed???? Get that bs out of here.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 427
  • Posts: 24689
January 23rd, 2021 at 2:01:32 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

...................
other tremendously boring foods - broccoli, string beans, cabbage and cucumbers
*



I eat all these regularly. Tomorrow
I'm making creamed broccoli, not
boring at all. I eat cabbage by
the pound, in all kinds of dishes,
You need a better cook or learn
to cook yourself. Butter sauteed
cabbage with garlic sauce is to
die for..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 427
  • Posts: 24689
January 23rd, 2021 at 4:32:06 PM permalink
Broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, baby
spinach, shredded corned beef in thick
cheese sauce made with cream, cheddar,
mozzarella, parmesan, and cream cheese.

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 7273
January 24th, 2021 at 7:24:52 PM permalink
The wife made 3 pounds of bacon today. I ate two pounds of it and left the last pound for her lunches this week. I ate nothing but bacon today. Hopefully my heart is still pumping in the morning.

Living longer does not always infer +EV
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 110
  • Posts: 7788
January 24th, 2021 at 7:29:56 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

The wife made 3 pounds of bacon today. I ate two pounds of it and left the last pound for her lunches this week. I ate nothing but bacon today. Hopefully my heart is still pumping in the morning.



Every now and then Iíll cook up a pound and eat it. First half on Rye toast with Mayo. Second half just by the piece. But that certainly isnít my only food intake for the day.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 10364
January 25th, 2021 at 9:28:41 AM permalink
When I got my airfryer, I followed a recipe for honey bacon jerky. It was so good and so decadent that I threw the recipe away.

  • Jump to: