gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 30
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
May 31st, 2018 at 2:07:33 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Hmmmmffff.
I don't know who 'people on here' are that 'strongly suggested' that, and fair enough if you cleared the tread with an admin. But if you'd sought my opinion/clearance, I'd have suggested that you use your blog space here for your 'random stuff'. I reckon that would have been the more appropriate place to call your own. Then we could more easily look in on the random musings, or else easily ignore them.

Anyone disagree with me on this?

Well, I get the feeling that the WOV blogs are "lightly read" to say the least. There are times I have had an idea for a game analysis project that would work well as a blog, but I discard it or make it into a thread because the blogs are a graveyard.
Sometimes, people are just a bottomless mystery. And, after all, this is just a sh*tty little forum in the sun-less backwaters of the online world.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 364
May 31st, 2018 at 2:09:31 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

That was a fun read, I was just hoping for a little more. You know, somthing like your mom beat your ass when you got home, teacher beat with a ruler or somthing fun like that.

I remember a friend's parent could discipline me and then, when I got home, would be disciplined again by my parents

In today's world, Child Protective Services would have had friend's parents arrested as well as my own and I'd have been in foster care
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 364
May 31st, 2018 at 2:09:59 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Well, I get the feeling that the WOV blogs are "lightly read" to say the least. There are times I have had an idea for a game analysis project that would work well as a blog, but I discard it or make it into a thread because the blogs are a graveyard.

Hence why I started my own blog (see signature)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1197
May 31st, 2018 at 2:23:26 PM permalink

Does that sound fair Wizard, BeachBumBabs, Nathan, All?

Sounds fair to me. Nice story too.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 43
May 31st, 2018 at 2:27:29 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

That was a fun read, I was just hoping for a little more. You know, somthing like your mom beat your ass when you got home, teacher beat with a ruler or somthing fun like that.

Thanks,
It was a more innocent age. It wasn't until about 13 that the beatings started $:o) Well, not beatings as such, but I did have to go to the headmaster's office a couple of times for a few strokes of the cane across my outstretched hands. Those were the punishments meted out in those days, that or writing out lines, or for bunking off for the day, having to write a six page essay on what mischief had been more important than school. No detention in my day.

I still owe the science teacher, Mr Pointon, 300 lines ...

"Archimede's principal states that if a body is wholly or partially immersed in a fluid, then the apparent loss in weight of the body is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the body"

Actually, with cut and paste, I might serve that penalty here... 1 second....

"Archimede's principal states that if a body is wholly or partially immersed in a fluid, then the apparent loss in weight of the body is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the body"

There, Mr P. Sorry I was late with that. I've been carrying that burden for 45 years.

Phew, Thanks Nathan for letting me unload. Thanks Axel for reminding me.
If you are enjoying the game, you're already winning.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 31st, 2018 at 2:33:34 PM permalink

Archimede's principal states that if a body is wholly or partially immersed in a fluid, then the apparent loss in weight of the body is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the body

A good demonstration of this principle is to fill a swimming pool with those plastic balls you see in the ball pits for children and see how much of you is above the surface level of the balls after jumping in.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
May 31st, 2018 at 2:34:57 PM permalink
Ah!
I think I might have just taken the thread off topic.

Apologies folks.
Apologies Nathan.

It wasn't intentional.

I propose to send myself to bed without any supper as punishment. Will that suffice?
Nathan? It's your shout.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 31st, 2018 at 2:48:45 PM permalink

I propose to send myself to bed without any supper as punishment. Will that suffice?

No. I'm not big on withholding food as punishment. I suggest write, by hand, "I will not hijack." 25 times, take a picture of it and post the picture.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
May 31st, 2018 at 2:56:01 PM permalink
I like the idea. I would have went with “Nathan’s zone”, but whatever. For the haters, as well as less threads there should be 10-20% fewer posts where she won’t have start with “in another thread someone said something like”

Is it ok to admit that while i sometimes am annoyed by Nathan, at other times I find her amusing, dare I say mildly entertaining? I kind of felt the same about kentry, but that’s a different subject I guess. I was hoping she was trying to do an AP play and get SooPoo’s non posting price up to 4-5 figures.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on May 31, 2018
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
May 31st, 2018 at 3:19:45 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

No. I'm not big on withholding food as punishment. I suggest write, by hand, "I will not hijack." 25 times, take a picture of it and post the picture.

Mind you, I did think your post in this thread was somewhat off topic too, so now I'll be watching you.
$;o)

• Jump to: