Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 69
Thanks for this post from:
DeMango
June 19th, 2021 at 7:52:05 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I traveled a lot when I was young, lived in eight or nine different places including Hawaii. I traveled enough to realize it's not where you go that counts, it's who you are. If you are who you want to be, you can quit traveling around looking for yourself.

The old saying "Been there - done that" allows you to say what you are saying. Until someone has experienced it, they really don't know. Some people may just live in one small city their entire life and never leave the state and say that the traffic in their city is the worst. Obviously they have never experienced rush hour traffic in LA or other major cities.

I'm glad I've traveled a lot, and lived in various cities including Vegas for 14 years. I thought Vegas was the best city to live in the US until I moved to Reno. I always perceived Reno just like the TV show Reno 911. A joke. Glad my life's journey has gotten me here.
daveyandersen1
daveyandersen1
  • Threads: 0
June 19th, 2021 at 2:15:02 PM permalink

That's what I want to do, go on a trip that's so boring I have to make my own fun. Have you thought any of this through? Why do I have a suspicion you're a Millennial. [/q..

daveyandersen1
daveyandersen1
June 19th, 2021 at 2:43:13 PM permalink
Hey EB every time I go on a trip I make my own fun,, I mean no one is going to do it for me right?? I enjoy experiencing things that happen when i;m traveling Like ,, different folks and cultures.Just the way people from somewhere else act.. you know something different from the same old s&*^%t..I can't really believe you have seen enough in your life that you feel like you have FOUND yourself.. There is sooo much to see as long as you have an opened mind..It's easy to get stuck in your own ways when you get on in years and become a little reclusive that is a normal part of aging..But I don't think its healthy to let it get the best of you..BY the way I'm not a millennial BUT THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT Just keep an opened mind and don't be afraid of change... change is good..
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 56
June 19th, 2021 at 5:04:16 PM permalink
Megadrought Could Force California's Lake Oroville Hydroelectric Power Plant To Shut Down | ZeroHedge
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/megadrought-could-force-californias-lake-oroville-hydroelectric-power-plant-shut-down
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
June 19th, 2021 at 5:37:29 PM permalink
Quote: daveyandersen1

Hey EB every time I go on a trip I make my own fun,, I mean no one is going to do it for me right?? I enjoy experiencing things that happen when i;m traveling Like ,, different folks and cultures.Just the way people from somewhere else act..

Good grief, you sound like you're talking to a group of 8th graders who have never been anywhere. I've seen different groups and cultures and after about 3 minutes they're just as boring as any other group and culture. Except they probably smell worse. Ever been on a public bus in Rome in August? It's all you can do not to hang your head out the window and retch at the stink of unwashed Italians who sweat nothing but garlic. And that was one of the better experiences with other groups and cultures.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
daveyandersen1
daveyandersen1
June 19th, 2021 at 7:03:34 PM permalink
hey EVENBOB
do you ever see the positive in people or things not familiar to you ??? Maybe you did at one time but I think you have become " stuck in your own ways" Like I said change is good.. that is coming from a fellow( boomer)...
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 19th, 2021 at 7:59:27 PM permalink
Quote: daveyandersen1

hey EVENBOB
do you ever see the positive in people or things not familiar to you ???

I see what I see, why do you Millennials have to put a label on everything. That's the advantage of getting older you don't have to walk around seeing rainbows and lollipops in everything, you see it for what it is warts-and-all.
daveyandersen1
daveyandersen1
June 19th, 2021 at 9:03:25 PM permalink
yea but if you see it for what it is why waste your time disliking it or not trusting it .or not even giving it a chance ..AND i'm not a millennial !!I I want my life to be more than making beef jerky although that could be enjoyable..Especially eating it..
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
Thanks for this post from:
mcallister3200RogerKint
June 20th, 2021 at 6:08:47 AM permalink

..... why do you Millennials have to put a label on everything....

Oh, the irony!
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 24th, 2021 at 11:08:44 AM permalink
Major rain here for the next 2 days, maybe 3 in total. It's storming right now there's non-stop thunder and it's pouring. I'm laying on my bed staring out the window and having a pretty good time. It's so dark the street lights are on. If the West Coast is wondering where the rain is come to the Midwest. It's here.

• Jump to: