MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 325
June 17th, 2021 at 2:31:20 PM permalink
You like Michigan, we get it.

Lots of folks from NY/NJ area move to Florida to avoid cold winters.

As they grew up in a climate of high heat and humidity in the summer (granted, not as high as Fla.) they don't need to do much to adjust.
"What, me worry?"
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
June 17th, 2021 at 2:40:30 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Lots of folks from NY/NJ area move to Florida to avoid cold winters.

As they grew up in a climate of high heat and humidity in the summer (granted, not as high as Fla.) they don't need to do much to adjust.

Any time that I have been in humid climates I seem to adjust after a month or so.
Order from chaos
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 17th, 2021 at 3:03:52 PM permalink
Always a jolt from the massive difference in humidity walking off a plane when you fly from the desert southwest to NOLA or Florida late spring to early fall. Other than the food itís easy to see why people are so big down there. Screw exercising outside, dripping sweat just walking after a minute or two.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 46
June 17th, 2021 at 3:23:08 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Always a jolt from the massive difference in humidity walking off a plane when you fly from the desert southwest to NOLA or Florida late spring to early fall. Other than the food itís easy to see why people are so big down there. Screw exercising outside, dripping sweat just walking after a minute or two.

It always makes my glasses fog up.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 433
June 17th, 2021 at 4:01:35 PM permalink

My hating Florida it's nothing to do with Michigan. I used to visit my dad in the 80s when he live there and every time I want I thought how in God's name do people live here on purpose. On top of everything else it's so boring there. Oh look the ocean. Oh look another palm tree. Oh look another stucco building. Then there are these every
100 yards:

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
UP84
UP84
  • Threads: 3
June 17th, 2021 at 6:59:01 PM permalink

Michigan is by far the most boring place in the universe. When I was a kid, my family used to visit my aunt uncle and cousins in Michigan. No joke...their idea of excitement was watching plane contrails.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 17th, 2021 at 7:26:58 PM permalink
Quote: UP84

Michigan is by far the most boring place in the universe. When I was a kid, my family used to visit my aunt uncle and cousins in Michigan. No joke...their idea of excitement was watching plane contrails.

Have you ever been to Nebraska, Iowa, or Kansas? Or driven from Las Vegas to Reno without detouring through CA/to 395?
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 17th, 2021 at 7:45:51 PM permalink
Quote: UP84

Michigan is by far the most boring place

Michigan is so boring it's been a major vacation destination since the end of the Civil War. Tourism is a main source of Michigan income because it's so boring. Just one example. My wife and her sisters are from Michigan yet every year they stay for three nights and 4 days on Mackinac Island at the Grand Hotel. They love it they look forward to it, because it's so boring. There are so many tourist destinations in Michigan it takes a small book to list all of them. Do you want boring? Drive thru Iowa and Kansas one day.

On the average summer day thousands of people visit Mackinac Island via ferry, because a boat is the only way to get there. No cars allowed on the island, horse-drawn vehicles only. 2nd image is the Grand Hotel built in the late eighteen hundreds. It's spectacular and worth a trip to the island just to see it and go through it. It has the longest front porch of any building in the world, 660 feet. Six hundred horses work on the island. There are fifteen hundred bicycles. 70 miles of bike trails. 15 fudge shops. The first time you visit the history and the quaintness will knock your socks off. More than 15,000 people a day take the 20 minute ferry rides to the island. The ferry ride itself is kind of exciting because the water is always choppy, it's always chilly, the wind is always blowing, and it feels dangerous even though it's not.

Last edited by: EvenBob on Jun 17, 2021
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 17th, 2021 at 8:19:23 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Have you ever been to Nebraska, Iowa, or Kansas?

Driving through those states count the number of times you want to kill yourself per hour and imagine living there.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 171
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
June 17th, 2021 at 8:46:30 PM permalink
Florida is #2 state for tourism

Is Michigan #1?

drumroll..................

Nope Michigan #31
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?