lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 184
June 17th, 2021 at 2:05:06 AM permalink

with heat like this so early, sadly, it's all but a sure thing that this summer CA will again have timber fires as a huge issue

and it's one that they really don't have a handle on

they are not able to prevent it from happening and when it does happen they are not able to quickly contain or extinguish the fires

^
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
June 17th, 2021 at 2:08:13 AM permalink
Delete
100% risk of ruin
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 433
June 17th, 2021 at 9:28:14 AM permalink
Is the world ending? Everywhere I look there's news about the heat crisis out West. Stay indoors, don't go outside, Auntie Em Auntie Em the sky is falling. It gets hot every year in the West, is this news to them? All I care about is it's noon in West Michigan and it 69 degrees. Low 80s tomorrow and then seventies all next week. It's picnic and golfing weather, it's a go to the beach at Lake Michigan weather. It sit outside and read a book weather.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 325
June 17th, 2021 at 9:43:30 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

.........with heat like this so early, sadly, it's all but a sure thing that this summer CA will again have timber fires as a huge issue and it's one that they really don't have a handle on they are not able to prevent it from happening and when it does happen they are not able to quickly contain or extinguish the fires^

I have to suspect that many of the Californians living in areas prone to wildfire are considering finding some other state to move to, a place with similar hills / mountains / "quality of life" but with little or no risk of wildfire.

At one time Californians moved to the Pac NW, and perhaps that is now in their game plan.

Might want to reconsider, as we also had wildfires all over the place last year, some very, very bad and very, very big.

"Out of the frying pan, into the fire?"
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
June 17th, 2021 at 9:49:47 AM permalink
After nine years of it not hitting triple digits in Bisbee, we had two such days last year. We now have had five days over 100 in a row and it is expected to last another week or so. My Doctor in Tucson canceled all appointments yesterday for a reason I never heard before- the blacktop in his parking lot was melting and they were afraid people would burn their feet walking thru it.
My sister invited me to spend a few weeks at her house in Palm Beach Florida. I'm not sure what to do. I moved to Bisbee to escape the summer heat.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 28
June 17th, 2021 at 10:57:10 AM permalink
I think 87 in Florida will feel as bad as 100 in Bisbee
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
June 17th, 2021 at 11:22:27 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

I think 87 in Florida will feel as bad as 100 in Bisbee

I don't disagree. A few years ago, I left Vgas where it was 114 and arrived in NY at 10PM , where it was 91 and very humid. I wanted to fly ack the same day.
The biggest difference is I don't pay for AC in Florida.
It's 1115 and I just walked thirty yards roundtrip to get my mail. I feel like I got a mega-last of vitamin D. Three summers in Vegas didn't prepare me for this heat.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 17th, 2021 at 11:43:56 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

I have to suspect that many of the Californians living in areas

In the seven years I lived in California there was always every year some natural disaster going on. If there was not a killer drought there was so much rain that houses were sliding down the side of hills. If there was not an earthquake, there were major forest fires everywhere. You get used to it and don't even think about it after a while.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
June 17th, 2021 at 12:20:57 PM permalink
Buffalo is the place to be mid May through the end of September. Hope to be in Florida October through April. The best of both worlds. At the Paris oool now. 113? Our lounge is in the shade, but just lay there for 15-20 minutes. Jump in cool pool for 5-10 minutes. Rinse and repeat. I think if I could program the outside temp at this pool I’d pick 85 or so. So it’s only 30 degrees warmer….
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanks for this post from:
Hunterhill
June 17th, 2021 at 12:45:23 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Hope to be in Florida October through April. The best of both worlds.

How is Florida the best of any world. Florida sucks winter and summer. Flat as a pancake, overpopulated, especially overpopulated with old people and unsavory types, too many bugs, too many tourists, too much crime, the list is endless. I would not live in Florida if it was free.

• Jump to: