Thread Rating:

aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
May 4th, 2015 at 2:31:41 PM permalink
So, here is what just happened at Target:

I was waiting in line and a new lane opened up...however, nobody had moved towards the new lane
The woman in front of me, who, by the looks of it, has manatee DNA somewhere in her bloodline, had a space of about 3 cart lengths in front of her (for no apparent reason)
I asked her if she was going to slide over to the newly opened lane - she replied "No"
I then asked her if she could move up so I could get over to the newly opened lane, which nobody had yet gone to
She looked at me, gave me an eye roll and said "Ughhhhhhh!" - then slowly moved forward so I could get past her to the other lane

At that exact moment, another woman was speeding towards the newly opened lane and, upon barely missing my cart with hers, looked at me and said
"You can do what you want, but I was here first!!!"

Once again I ask if I man would have done that to another man...?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 4th, 2015 at 4:50:32 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Minority guys have done that to me
in shopping lines and parking lots.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 4th, 2015 at 4:53:56 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Minority guys have done that to me
in shopping lines and parking lots.

Did they say anything to you? What did you do?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 4th, 2015 at 5:03:34 PM permalink

Did they say anything to you? What did you do?

They usually just laugh. I never do anything,
I had a cab co, when dealing with certain
people it's best not to say anything. They
want confrontation so they can get in your
face. Don't play their game.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 5th, 2015 at 10:04:55 AM permalink

So, here is what just happened at Target:

I was waiting in line and a new lane opened up...however, nobody had moved towards the new lane
The woman in front of me, who, by the looks of it, has manatee DNA somewhere in her bloodline, had a space of about 3 cart lengths in front of her (for no apparent reason)
I asked her if she was going to slide over to the newly opened lane - she replied "No"
I then asked her if she could move up so I could get over to the newly opened lane, which nobody had yet gone to
She looked at me, gave me an eye roll and said "Ughhhhhhh!" - then slowly moved forward so I could get past her to the other lane

At that exact moment, another woman was speeding towards the newly opened lane and, upon barely missing my cart with hers, looked at me and said
"You can do what you want, but I was here first!!!"

That's just a New York, thing, Ace. People are assholes.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
May 7th, 2015 at 7:59:39 AM permalink
At Sam's Club the registers go back to back, so the "aisle" is actually two lines for either side's register.

99.44% of the time, you pick you side and two lines are formed, even without an actual middle divider.

100% of the .56% of the time, it is a female standing in the middle of both lines, waiting until the last second to choose which lane she wants to commit to. This annoys me. Mostly because I have a (knocks on wood) excellent sense about me when it comes to line choosing. I can sniff out the check writer/ price questioner from a mile away, and usually pick the quicker line.

I was at Sam's this AM, getting cups for the office, and did not have a cart. I was mobile and agile for the fight at the registers.

Cap't C**ty is blocking two lanes. I am directly behind her (or not depending on her line choice) on the left as is another shopper in the adjacent line to the right.

She is literally moving back and forth to keep herself in both lines.

A register to the left of us opens.

I bolt to the new line. I have one item. She has a cart full.

She gets all passive aggressive with me since she was in line first.

I couldn't help myself, and told her I RARELY do what I just did. The only time I do, is when someone is too big for their britches and hogs two lines, then like Tim Misny, I make 'em pay! (local ambulance chaser with sweet commercials and the tag line "I make them pay!")

She gets even more p/a but I am already through the new line and just give her a smile and wave as I head on out!
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 7th, 2015 at 8:02:34 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

At Sam's Club the registers go back to back, so the "aisle" is actually two lines for either side's register.

99.44% of the time, you pick you side and two lines are formed, even without an actual middle divider.

100% of the .56% of the time, it is a female standing in the middle of both lines, waiting until the last second to choose which lane she wants to commit to. This annoys me. Mostly because I have a (knocks on wood) excellent sense about me when it comes to line choosing. I can sniff out the check writer/ price questioner from a mile away, and usually pick the quicker line.

I was at Sam's this AM, getting cups for the office, and did not have a cart. I was mobile and agile for the fight at the registers.

Cap't C**ty is blocking two lanes. I am directly behind her (or not depending on her line choice) on the left as is another shopper in the adjacent line to the right.

She is literally moving back and forth to keep herself in both lines.

A register to the left of us opens.

I bolt to the new line. I have one item. She has a cart full.

She gets all passive aggressive with me since she was in line first.

I couldn't help myself, and told her I RARELY do what I just did. The only time I do, is when someone is too big for their britches and hogs two lines, then like Tim Misny, I make 'em pay! (local ambulance chaser with sweet commercials and the tag line "I make them pay!")

She gets even more p/a but I am already through the new line and just give her a smile and wave as I head on out!

Nominee for the "Falling Down" award
blount2000
blount2000
  • Threads: 42
May 7th, 2015 at 9:44:08 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

Mostly because I have a (knocks on wood) excellent sense about me when it comes to line choosing. I can sniff out the check writer/ price questioner from a mile away, and usually pick the quicker line.

I'm jealous. My talent seems to be just the opposite of this and I end up in the slowest line possible!
You serious, Clark?
  • Jump to: