Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
September 4th, 2016 at 3:38:38 PM permalink
Yeah, somebody is getting rich from Kindle royalties. And surely not risking those royalties on any Keno system.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
September 4th, 2016 at 4:44:47 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Hah. a Spelling Joke. Sorry.... but its quite common for college girls to 'be appreciative' at certain scheduled times. Girls who don't go to college seem to have to be working alot longer.

Thought I came up with something original when I accidentally misspelled prostitution, but it turns out it has been on urban dictionary for at least 8 years. There really is nothing original any more.
I am a robot.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 4th, 2016 at 4:45:03 PM permalink
I just returned from a trip to Splash Lagoon with GF and her daughters, an indoor waterpark in Erie, PA. We bought a package which included hotel and park passes for 2 days. My GF rented a one day locker, a box about 2 cubic feet (small), for the wholly unreasonable cost of TEN DOLLARS.
Am I just out of touch to think that is a crazy amount for a box to keep your wallets and purses in for a few hours?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
September 5th, 2016 at 4:36:25 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

"The Psychic Gambling Superstystem"

save $3.99 by snatching the chart!

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
September 5th, 2016 at 5:12:31 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I just returned from a trip to Splash Lagoon with GF and her daughters, an indoor waterpark in Erie, PA. We bought a package which included hotel and park passes for 2 days. My GF rented a one day locker, a box about 2 cubic feet (small), for the wholly unreasonable cost of TEN DOLLARS.
Am I just out of touch to think that is a crazy amount for a box to keep your wallets and purses in for a few hours?

Went to the Houston/Oklahoma game on Saturday. As usual, I was amazed at the prices for normally expensive things like beer and a coke. The beers were less than 16 ounces on draft--Miller Lite--for $7.50. A coke in a plastic cup was $8.00.

I agree with SOOPOO about these kind of prices being too high for what you get, but that is what happens with a captive audience.

The only good thing about the football game on the refreshment side was that tailgating seemed to be a good value (even with a $25 parking charge) compared to the cost of refreshments inside the stadium. The free beer someone told me to grab from their coolers when I walked back to the car after the game was a bonus...

The game was great...at least for those of us on the Cougars side of things!!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 5th, 2016 at 6:25:38 AM permalink
Am I the only one watching Braindead, a tv show Sunday nights on CBS at 10pm. Basically set in D.C. focusing on characters in politics on the hill, all the while when alien ants are taking people's brains over.
I am a robot.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
September 5th, 2016 at 8:41:05 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Am I the only one watching Braindead, a tv show Sunday nights on CBS at 10pm. Basically set in D.C. focusing on characters in politics on the hill, all the while when alien ants are taking people's brains over.

setting up the dvr now
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
September 5th, 2016 at 9:34:39 AM permalink

Are you on Central time? Strikes me that this could just be the normal "11pm" news cast.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
September 5th, 2016 at 1:22:58 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Are you on Central time? Strikes me that this could just be the normal "11pm" news cast.

No he is eastern.

Never heard of the show which is weird. Do they not advertise it at all.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 5th, 2016 at 2:15:17 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

No he is eastern.

Never heard of the show which is weird. Do they not advertise it at all.

Doc was joking in a sly way. I laughed so mission accomplished. It is on demand under drama but is a comedy/drama. I don't watch commercials if I can help it, so don't know. I hope it doesn't get cancelled because it is in the first season and I usually don't invest in first seasons.
I am a robot.
GWAE
GWAE
September 5th, 2016 at 3:49:22 PM permalink

Doc was joking in a sly way. I laughed so mission accomplished. It is on demand under drama but is a comedy/drama. I don't watch commercials if I can help it, so don't know. I hope it doesn't get cancelled because it is in the first season and I usually don't invest in first seasons.

I have been burnt so many times on first seasons. I get really into it then boom cancelled.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
September 5th, 2016 at 6:19:16 PM permalink
Speaking of tv, discovery Channel has a 3 night miniseries on the story of harley davidson. If you like stories like this it is worth a watch, at least the first 20 minutes so far.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
September 7th, 2016 at 4:03:52 AM permalink
Sex Robots. Not dolls. Robots. Call me old fashioned if you want. Call me a prude. But I don't think I can go there. I don't want a plastic doll either.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/06/sex-robots-will-be-better-in-bed-than-any-human-being-expert-promises-6113375/
Please don't feed the trolls
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 7th, 2016 at 4:43:12 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Sex Robots. Not dolls. Robots. Call me old fashioned if you want. Call me a prude. But I don't think I can go there. I don't want a plastic doll either.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/06/sex-robots-will-be-better-in-bed-than-any-human-being-expert-promises-6113375/

Is this why we're put on Earth? So disappointed the future can never be painted good any more in science fiction because it won't be. Won't even be a need for sex robots because people won't be needed. Everyone is being replaced sooner or later and what will be for people when there are literally no jobs.

Self-driving cars will be the worst drivers on the road I'm sure of it. They're going to be pulling out in front of everyone, changing lanes two inches in front of you, stopping at yellow lights, going through red light. Egads.

Even saw on tv a machine which paints finger nails awesomely. My ex wanted to go into that field and it will be pointless competing. Of course the machine will charge just enough it still won't be cheap.

Maybe the sex robots will just pacify us all until the human race dies off or escapes into virtual reality.
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
September 7th, 2016 at 5:05:10 AM permalink
Idolaters: their doll is not just for sex. they have a relationship with them. take them to a park, to a movie , to dinner, etc. freaky shit some try to make look okay.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/09/married-to-a-doll-why-one-man-advocates-synthetic-love/279361/
Please don't feed the trolls
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
September 9th, 2016 at 9:15:44 AM permalink
One might assume that Apple employed some people who speak one of the most commonly used dialects of the Chinese language, what with a few techie Chinese folks rumored to live around the SF Bay area last I heard, and one would think they might make some use of them when selling their stuff to Chinese people. But apparently one would be wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3781353/iPhone-7-s-new-slogan-translates-penis-Cantonese-Users-Hong-Kong-mock-Apple-s-advertising.html

Quote:

Apple's 'This is 7' slogan for its new iPhone 7 has a rather unfortunate translation in Hong Kong.

Smartphone users have been mocking the technology firm's latest marketing line because it sounds just like 'This is penis' in Cantonese.

...<SNIP>...

Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
September 10th, 2016 at 5:53:56 AM permalink
So what is bad about claiming you've got the finest dick the world has ever seen ;-?
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
rxwine
rxwine
September 12th, 2016 at 12:30:33 PM permalink
Off-topic advantage play tool tip of the day -- for fun or profit

- If you're ever buying a product like a boat/car or anything where they are trying to sell you an extended plan -- let's say a multi-year warranty and you suspect you don't really want or need it, at the end of their spiel, just ask them what kind of customer complaints they've gotten about it.

-if they don't know of any, you can balk Everyone complains about everything. So that's highly unlikely no one has complained.

- they're too new and don't know or some other excuse. Again, now you can justify the person selling you doesn't know enough.

- and if they tell you actual complaints without good resolutions well, you're still set. Now you got real ammo.

Of course, you could just say no, but what's the fun of that?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
September 12th, 2016 at 1:53:40 PM permalink
So I got incredibly drunk and incredibly sick Friday night. Puked all over the place. Anyways I haven't had a cigarette since then. Not sure how long I'll go without having a cigarette. Not really trying to quit. Don't really want one at the moment though. Not looking to bet on it but feel free to bet amongst yourselves and I'll post updates if anyone's interested.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 12th, 2016 at 3:05:38 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

So I got incredibly drunk and incredibly sick Friday night. Puked all over the place. Anyways I haven't had a cigarette since then. Not sure how long I'll go without having a cigarette. Not really trying to quit. Don't really want one at the moment though. Not looking to bet on it but feel free to bet amongst yourselves and I'll post updates if anyone's interested.

Good luck!
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
September 12th, 2016 at 3:31:31 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Good luck!

Don't wish me good luck. Wish someone that bets good luck lol. I'm not trying to quit. I simply don't want a cigarette right now. And haven't had one since Friday. And haven't had any alcohol since then either. Everytime I saw my roomie drink the rest of this weekend I gagged. Not sure how long it will be til I have a cigarette but I'd prob put an O/U based on some football day like tonight Thursday or this weekend where I'm likelier to be drinking. You could even make bets on when my next alcoholic drink is. At this moment I don't feel like either. So it's an event that's possible to bet on. I likely see myself eventually having a drink or smoke. I just don't know how long it will be but will report back when I do. I don't want to bet on it myself biasing it. Just whatever happens happens.
GWAE
GWAE
September 12th, 2016 at 6:22:14 PM permalink
Mods.. there is a spam blog that you may want to kill
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
September 12th, 2016 at 10:51:56 PM permalink
Had a Corona. Vodka diet. And half a cig tonight. Cig was gross so put it out halfway thru.
RonC
RonC
September 13th, 2016 at 7:17:45 AM permalink
It feels good to be the final flag for these SPAM threads...I like hitting the button and watching them disappear...

Such power...
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 13th, 2016 at 9:23:43 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

It feels good to be the final flag for these SPAM threads...I like hitting the button and watching them disappear...

Such power...

Yeah, it can be satisfying. Btw, folks could be of further help on that. When the members "poof" someone like that, if they were to post the name, I could go back and kill the spammer if I knew about them. Otherwise they tend to come back later and post again. If there were a "cleanup on aisle 3" thread, would people bother to post the names of the spammers after their flag killed the spam?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
September 13th, 2016 at 9:26:43 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yeah, it can be satisfying. Btw, folks could be of further help on that. When the members "poof" someone like that, if they were to post the name, I could go back and kill the spammer if I knew about them. Otherwise they tend to come back later and post again. If there were a "cleanup on aisle 3" thread, would people bother to post the names of the spammers after their flag killed the spam?

I would...just keep the name of the thread easily searchable (Clean-up ******** is good) because I forget the name of threads every once in a while and have to find them by searching...the only issue is we never know if we hit the kill shot, well, until we do!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
September 13th, 2016 at 9:39:59 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I would...just keep the name of the thread easily searchable (Clean-up ******** is good) because I forget the name of threads every once in a while and have to find them by searching...the only issue is we never know if we hit the kill shot, well, until we do!

Yeah, that's a problem. But I don't need the thread, only the name of the spammer. I can verify and backtrack from there then kill the account.

What I find when I do kill a spammer is about 1/2 the time one or more posts have already been deleted. So we gave them multiple shots at us. This was one possible way to get the source, but it requires some effort from the members.
rxwine
rxwine
September 13th, 2016 at 11:41:59 AM permalink
Should be a dead thread, for killed spammers where they automatically are retained for 10 days or so after we flag them.

I think that's why the furniture guys keep coming back. They arrive in the middle of the night. We knock them out (us night owls) but mods don't seem to know they were here.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
September 13th, 2016 at 11:45:43 AM permalink
I have an idea...just make me a moderator and I promise that I will take care of EVERYTHING!!!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
September 13th, 2016 at 11:56:22 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Should be a dead thread, for killed spammers where they automatically are retained for 10 days or so after we flag them.

I think that's why the furniture guys keep coming back. They arrive in the middle of the night. We knock them out (us night owls) but mods don't seem to know they were here.

I get no indication that a post was flagged off the forum. But I kill the spammers when I flag their post. Before I do that, I check for old threads and posts to make sure they're gone, as well as dupe ids and go clean those out as well.

I would estimate I kill 1-2 of the UK kitchen spammers a day, mostly after 10pm Vegas time, and have for weeks.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
September 13th, 2016 at 12:37:44 PM permalink

I get no indication that a post was flagged off the forum. But I kill the spammers when I flag their post. Before I do that, I check for old threads and posts to make sure they're gone, as well as dupe ids and go clean those out as well.

I would estimate I kill 1-2 of the UK kitchen spammers a day, mostly after 10pm Vegas time, and have for weeks.

I flag those all the time. Isn't there some way to proactively keep them from posting? ie: if the post is of that format it won't allow a posting?
GWAE
GWAE
September 13th, 2016 at 12:44:27 PM permalink

whats the deal with those damn kitchens. I can't imagine shipping a kitchen from UK.
GWAE
GWAE
September 13th, 2016 at 2:08:40 PM permalink
My 4 year old just ball tapped me. WTF.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
September 13th, 2016 at 4:22:00 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

whats the deal with those damn kitchens. I can't imagine shipping a kitchen from UK.

This. How is it possible they make any money this way? Is that not the basic idea of such commercial spam? Did some of them just miss that concept? Or Is there really any chance someone here or someplace like here has ever bought a friggin' "kitchen" from this? Spam is like dust & getting rid of it is just never over with no matter what. But at least try to spam better, for crissakes; sometimes I think this site is specially designated as a mark for the less proficient student spammers taking the remedial course for those who flunked their basic introduction to Spam101. Besides being a soft spot for the slower entry level apprentice type trolls where they can usually get away with practicing for a few years pretty easily. And then come right back. And hello again to "1bb" in your obvious "new" identity taking over that otherwise dormant thread.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 13th, 2016 at 7:47:02 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

This. How is it possible they make any money this way? Is that not the basic idea of such commercial spam? Did some of them just miss that concept? Or Is there really any chance someone here or someplace like here has ever bought a friggin' "kitchen" from this? Spam is like dust & getting rid of it is just never over with no matter what. But at least try to spam better, for crissakes; sometimes I think this site is specially designated as a mark for the less proficient student spammers taking the remedial course for those who flunked their basic introduction to Spam101. Besides being a soft spot for the slower entry level apprentice type trolls where they can usually get away with practicing for a few years pretty easily. And then come right back. And hello again to "1bb" in your obvious "new" identity taking over that otherwise dormant thread.

The sites are malicious.
I am a robot.
rxwine
rxwine
September 13th, 2016 at 8:06:57 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

Or Is there really any chance someone here or someplace like here has ever bought a friggin' "kitchen" from this? .

Testimonial -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joe in Wachakeegee, Washington.

- I was online looking for a refill of penis pills, when suddenly my email showed a new message in my Junk folder. Excitedly I clicked on it and was surprised to find an offer for a new kitchen!!! Imported, no less. Woo, I said to myself, when am I ever going to get an offer like this again?! Thankfully the limited time offer had not expired! What a price. Only 2k. 20k shipping and handling. That's a shipping guarantee that nothing will show up scratched or dented!

Wow I am lucky. Doubly lucky. A Nigerian prince wants me to get a large sum of money for him.

What more good things could happen to me. Everything happens in 3s
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
September 13th, 2016 at 8:24:52 PM permalink

The sites are malicious.

I'm taking that to mean they might do something like install mal-ware in the background to harvest information, like log-ins & account numbers, when someone clicks through to their sites, or something like that? I guess that makes a certain amount of crooked sense, in a thieving kind of way. But the bait of supposed mail-order UK kitchens still seems far fetched for getting anyone here to even do that.

The spam doesn't actually bug me much. It doesn't seem to take too long before it gets whacked, so it doesn't get in the way much from what I see of it. I imagine it might be more of a pest to the folks running the site who have to keep killing it again every night, just so it doesn't get in the way of people seeing what they're looking for.

Quote: rxwine

Testimonial

Well, obviously a fake, because he misspelled Wenatchee, WA. And my cousin Joe up there says they do automatic monthly refills of his penis pills for life on his VISA card.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
September 13th, 2016 at 8:33:28 PM permalink
delete duplicate
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
September 13th, 2016 at 8:36:10 PM permalink
Here's a 2013 YouTube video about kitchen spam from the UK.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
September 13th, 2016 at 8:50:07 PM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

Here's a 2013 YouTube video about kitchen spam from the UK.

Okay, this comment on the Youtube made some sense to me. Along with his fine umbrella suggestion:

Quote: Matthew Day - 2 years ago

They spam forums as all the search engines pick up on their url from your respected forum. The more forums they appear in, the higher they rise in the search engine results. So it's great for them and crap for us admins! It's incredibly irritating and more should be done to close these idiots down, like shutting down all of their websites and confiscating their domains! Also placing a large umbrella up the arse of the company boss and then opening it several times would help a lot too! :-)

[Highlighting added]
rxwine
rxwine
September 13th, 2016 at 9:12:45 PM permalink
BBC even did news investigation on the "kitchen gangster". I wasn't bored enough to watch more than a few minutes though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaNsMCsSM34
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
September 14th, 2016 at 4:23:07 AM permalink
All I know is that it works!

I am in the middle of having my kitchen cabinets redone.

Not from the UK though ;-)
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
September 14th, 2016 at 5:05:37 AM permalink

Yeah, that's a problem. But I don't need the thread, only the name of the spammer. I can verify and backtrack from there then kill the account.

What I find when I do kill a spammer is about 1/2 the time one or more posts have already been deleted. So we gave them multiple shots at us. This was one possible way to get the source, but it requires some effort from the members.

Babs,

It looks like I am the first one up this morning. I took the liberty to start a new thread in the Rules section and added the names of the 'members' who started the the two spam threads I flagged this morning.

I figure others can add to the list whenever they flag a spam post.

Please feel free to move/change the thread to best suit your (Admins') needs.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
September 14th, 2016 at 5:07:52 AM permalink
The good news is that now, it looks like I can get some nice bedroom furniture to go with that new kitchen I just got from overseas!! ;)
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
September 14th, 2016 at 7:19:04 AM permalink
Have you ever noticed that pseudo-intellectual arogance is proportional to the frequancy of the use of the word "asinine"?
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
Doc
Doc
September 14th, 2016 at 7:43:51 AM permalink
JimRockford just reminded me of an old story about a group of nuns who went on a picnic. One of them was injured and needed medical treatment. They notified the Mother Superior via telegraph, but in order to save money they had to minimize the number of words in the message. They sent:

"Anacin hospital. Adamant bitter asinine places."
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
September 14th, 2016 at 9:01:30 AM permalink
I had to stare at that a minute or two, and still not sure I got it right, or that Doc wrote it right ;-)

Anna is in hospital. A damn ant bit her ass in nine places
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
September 14th, 2016 at 9:17:52 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I had to stare at that a minute or two, and still not sure I got it right, or that Doc wrote it right ;-)

Anna is in hospital. A damn ant bit her ass in nine places

going to split hairs here.. but I think it's "Ana's in". Clever.. and I had to stare at it a bit too!
Doc
Doc
September 14th, 2016 at 11:56:19 AM permalink
Correct. A friend told me that one in about 1960 or '61.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
September 15th, 2016 at 6:08:06 AM permalink
Wow, you are an old fart.
I would have been like six, and I don't remember even ever having been six ;-)

Also, I kept trying to work the word 'sin' into the first part, and gave up ;-)
Last edited by: TwoFeathersATL on Sep 15, 2016
  • Jump to: