Thread Rating:

Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
November 24th, 2015 at 5:28:46 AM permalink
Way to go, Rude! :) I remember as a kid, my Dad used to stand up in our living room when they played the National Anthem before a game we were watching on TV. Babs is right, you don't see that any more. Heck, unless it is a prime time game, they don't even broadcast the Anthem.

Speaking of the game last night, did Tom Brady get Heaven Can Wait-ed by the ref on that inadvertent whistle play in the first half? Tom is running for his life with Corbin Bryant bearing down on him. Then it looks like Rex Ryan runs in front of the ref, possibly shielding him from the play.

So, the ref, assuming that Brady is headed out of bounds, blows the whistle to keep something gruesome from happening to him?

"Haven't you learned the rules of probability and outcome?" -- Mr. Jordan
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 24th, 2015 at 3:38:54 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Way to go, Rude! :) I remember as a kid, my Dad used to stand up in our living room when they played the National Anthem before a game we were watching on TV. Babs is right, you don't see that any more. Heck, unless it is a prime time game, they don't even broadcast the Anthem.

Speaking of the game last night, did Tom Brady get Heaven Can Wait-ed by the ref on that inadvertent whistle play in the first half? Tom is running for his life with Corbin Bryant bearing down on him. Then it looks like Rex Ryan runs in front of the ref, possibly shielding him from the play.

So, the ref, assuming that Brady is headed out of bounds, blows the whistle to keep something gruesome from happening to him?

"Haven't you learned the rules of probability and outcome?" -- Mr. Jordan

Lol! One of my top ten movies of all time. Thanks for the reference! Now I've got the earwig going - that goofy alto sax theme they scored throughout the movie.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 24th, 2015 at 4:08:56 PM permalink
Was up most of the night with a 3 year old throwing up. Nothing doing laundry at 2 am, then 45 minutes after you change the sheets he does it again.

Eta, as I type this our 1 year got sick. Ohhh the joys of parenthood.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 24th, 2015 at 5:36:57 PM permalink
"Children are a pox best visited upon the young."
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 25th, 2015 at 12:46:15 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Lol! One of my top ten movies of all time.

I had a major crush on the female
lead in that movie for years. Geez
that was a long time ago.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 25th, 2015 at 1:43:11 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I had a major crush on the female
lead in that movie for years. Geez
that was a long time ago.

she was/is still an amazing woman. Assuming you're talking about Julie Christie.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 25th, 2015 at 2:17:15 AM permalink
Ain't ya never been to no doctor's office.... Long roll of paper at head of cot, pull, tear and discard after each use. Must be cheaper than bed sheets, laundry machines and changing bed sheets. You have hard plastic sealed mattresses don't you?

Day Care is pathogen distribution system supported by taxpayers and doctors.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 25th, 2015 at 2:41:29 AM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

Yesterday I was at a bar watching the game. When the national anthem started playing I hopped right out of my seat. Next thing I know the people seated next to me hop out of their seat too. Pretty soon the whole bar is proudly standing for the national anthem.

Seems to happen to me every time The Doors play "People Are Strange".

I recall in High School being one of about four or five who stood as The Hallaleuah Chorus was being performed.

Do women these days still stand, undo blouse buttons and swirl raised hemlines during the playing of The Alabama Song?

How many of you stand silently at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of November to mark the Armistice?

For years, I never left a bar during the playing of Stagger Lee even though its probably only appropriate in Las Vegas or Mississippi.

How many of you stand and have a swig of rum when the bartender of some "Yachtie" pub in Lauderdale by the Sea sounds Eight Bells in the memory of some recently lost vessel?
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
  • Threads: 1
November 25th, 2015 at 2:58:11 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

How many of you stand and have a swig of rum

All the time ;)
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
GWAE
GWAE
November 25th, 2015 at 3:24:20 PM permalink
So on our 4 days trip to Florida in Jan we have decided to spend 1 day in disney. Magic kingdom will probably be our best bet with young ones. Originally we werent going because of price but we did the following deal.

Local grocery store has giftcards and they had a deal this week. If you buy $100 gift card you got $10 off next shopping trip. They also have fuel perks. If you dont have such a thing in your area full perks work as follows. For every 50 you spend you get .10 off your gas up to 30 gallons. I use gas cans to make sure I get all 30 gallons. You can stack them as well. They also had a bonus .10 fuel. I purchased the cards with a credit card that gives my 5% cash back on grocery store purchaes. Final deal per ticket worked out a follows. I can now use my giftcards to buy the Disney tickets.
99 for ticket
10 off future grocery purchase
.30 fuel = 9.00
5% cash back = $5

Final price will be $75 per ticket. Our 21 month old will be free so 3 tickets will run $225. I had to buy $400 to buy tickets because the cost of tickets will be a little over 300 so thay will cover the horrible expenses in the park. 300 out of pocket should do it for the entire day.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 25th, 2015 at 3:37:31 PM permalink
We should try to give you advice on the best way to spend one day there, but I haven't been in a long time, so not up to date.

At times, you could easily spend 2 hours in line waiting for one very popular venue where you might be better off hitting 2 others instead. After all, one day.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
November 25th, 2015 at 4:20:16 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

We should try to give you advice on the best way to spend one day there, but I haven't been in a long time, so not up to date.

At times, you could easily spend 2 hours in line waiting for one very popular venue where you might be better off hitting 2 others instead. After all, one day.

We will be there January 17th. I am thinking it should be less busy since kids will be going back to school from Christmas break. However it is a sunday so that might be bad. Any advice would definitely be appreciated.
GWAE
GWAE
November 25th, 2015 at 4:50:36 PM permalink
We are going to try to rearrange ge our flights and fly out of orlando instead of miami. If we can do that then we can do the park on a Monday. Would be have as busy I suspect.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
November 25th, 2015 at 7:12:45 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

We are going to try to rearrange ge our flights and fly out of orlando instead of miami. If we can do that then we can do the park on a Monday. Would be have as busy I suspect.

Monday be Martin Luther King Jr Day.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Joeman
Joeman
November 25th, 2015 at 7:39:00 PM permalink
Yeah, January is usually a good month for crowds, but the holiday weekend will negate some of that. If you Google "Disney crowd calendar," you can find a few websites that will have not only daily predicted crowd sizes/wait times, but also give you a "game plan" for touring the parks. easywdw, undercovertourist, and touringplans are some of the ones I have used. mousesavers also has some good info.

Basically, you'll want to get FastPasses (lets you jump to the front of the line) for the more popular attractions, and wait in the Standby (normal) lines for the less popular rides. If you are able to get the kids up and going early in the morning, try to get there a little before the park opens and hit the popular rides you don't have FastPasses for first.

Note that if you aren't staying on the property, count on 45min - 1 hour between arriving on Disney property and standing at the Magic Kingdom turnstyles (drive to parking lot, parking, walk/tram to ferryboat/ monorail, and finally ferry/monorail to the park).
GWAE
GWAE
November 28th, 2015 at 12:18:14 AM permalink
Hmmm anyone crazy enough to click on those links?
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
November 28th, 2015 at 12:37:01 AM permalink

The bot sucks at links. Did not put in a URL so they all go to the first page of this thread.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 28th, 2015 at 1:03:25 AM permalink

Yeah, January is usually a good month for crowds, but the holiday weekend will negate some of that. If you Google "Disney crowd calendar," you can find a few websites that will have not only daily predicted crowd sizes/wait times, but also give you a "game plan" for touring the parks. easywdw, undercovertourist, and touringplans are some of the ones I have used. mousesavers also has some good info.

Basically, you'll want to get FastPasses (lets you jump to the front of the line) for the more popular attractions, and wait in the Standby (normal) lines for the less popular rides. If you are able to get the kids up and going early in the morning, try to get there a little before the park opens and hit the popular rides you don't have FastPasses for first.

Note that if you aren't staying on the property, count on 45min - 1 hour between arriving on Disney property and standing at the Magic Kingdom turnstyles (drive to parking lot, parking, walk/tram to ferryboat/ monorail, and finally ferry/monorail to the park).

Good stuff! And GWAE, you probably should get the My Disney Experience app on your smartphone, hook your tickets to your account, and be ready to pick fast pass windows at the 30-day mark. Top priority is Peter Pan, and Seven Dwarfs mine train if you like rollercoasters. Unfortunately, Disney hotel guests get a 30-day head start on picking, so they might be gone by then.

And yeah, park opening is a BIG deal. Our trip earlier this month, we didn't utilize that too well. But on MLK day, the magic kingdom will also be open til 12am! Really late the lines for many rides begin to die as well. And the local kids will have school the next day!

The one day plan is pretty sick.
https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/magic-kingdom/#touring-plans

But if you're staying late I would save "space ranger spin" til near the end.

Also...height of oldest child?
GWAE
GWAE
November 28th, 2015 at 4:53:21 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Good stuff! And GWAE, you probably should get the My Disney Experience app on your smartphone, hook your tickets to your account, and be ready to pick fast pass windows at the 30-day mark. Top priority is Peter Pan, and Seven Dwarfs mine train if you like rollercoasters. Unfortunately, Disney hotel guests get a 30-day head start on picking, so they might be gone by then.

And yeah, park opening is a BIG deal. Our trip earlier this month, we didn't utilize that too well. But on MLK day, the magic kingdom will also be open til 12am! Really late the lines for many rides begin to die as well. And the local kids will have school the next day!

The one day plan is pretty sick.
https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/magic-kingdom/#touring-plans

But if you're staying late I would save "space ranger spin" til near the end.

Also...height of oldest child?

I downloaded the app last week. I have been looking at wait times and the seven dwarfs one is going to be our priority for the fast pass thing. The oldest child is 44 inches in believe right now. Youngest is 33 inches.

We plan on getting to the parking lot as early as possible and staying as late but the I would be surprised if the kids weren't out by 10.

Tring, did you do anything else in the area other than parks? We need to find something to fill Saturday. We are thinking about some monster truck swamp tour and orange orchard thing.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
November 28th, 2015 at 5:11:27 AM permalink
If you are planning on eating anywhere that takes reservations, make those reservations ASAP.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
November 28th, 2015 at 5:22:29 AM permalink
Has any noticed that my grammar sucks.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
TropicalElectri
TropicalElectri
  • Threads: 4
November 28th, 2015 at 6:23:32 AM permalink
Full disclosure
Veteran Disney traveler since 1990 with wife and 2 daughters. Now with grandson ;)
Pace yourself and relax, if you can't get on one ride the just choose one with short lines. Small kids will be a little Afraid so be patient with them.
If you sense the family melting down, then you can always ride the monorail around and go into the contemporary hotel for a relax time. Or take a round trip monorail to Epcot and back. Also the magic kingdom train is good cuz you can just stay on.
I usually like to see carousel of progress mid afternoon
The kids like it and it puts me right to sleep. Great cat nap for dad.!!
Parade time can be a good time for rides cuz lines a shorter.
There are plenty of decent walk up restaurants so be sure everyone eats on sinc. Also try to eat lunch around 11 and dinner by 5. To have shorter wait times.
Mainly don't focus on what you can't get done in a day, but enjoy your time with family!!
I have seen so many melted down families over the years cuz folks are overtired or hungry and they expect too much.
Sunday is usually good at Magic Kingdom cuz it's a travel day for many. Good luck
One Day at a Time
TropicalElectri
TropicalElectri
November 28th, 2015 at 6:34:32 AM permalink
Extra notes on Disney;
Families can usually only tolerate one or two really long lines in a day. So give everyone 1 choice for the ride they really want.
When in line: have snacks, play guessing games, and make new friends with other families.
One Day at a Time
GWAE
GWAE
November 28th, 2015 at 7:34:23 AM permalink
Thanks for the tips. Last year our 3 year old started to ride big spin rides and Roller coasters at Kennywood (our local amusement park). The lines can get decently long 45ish minutes. Hopefully that has helped in our line waiting for this park. I am more worried about my wife than the kids. She wants to see all characters, ride all rides, watch the parade, and see the fireworks. I laughed at her when she thought there would be time for all. I asked her to make a list so we could decide what we were going to miss.

I plan on stopping at a grocery store to stock up on as many snacks as possible and maybe some lunch foods.

Question, is there any way to park so thay you could just walk to the gate? If we have our double stroller and food/drinks it would be a little bit of a pain to have to fold the stroller and carry everything onto the monorail or shuttle.
GWAE
GWAE
November 28th, 2015 at 7:36:38 AM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

If you are planning on eating anywhere that takes reservations, make those reservations ASAP.

Our initial plan is to bring lunch and snack and hopefully just a walk up dinner. I assume they quick walk up concessions.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 28th, 2015 at 7:38:36 AM permalink
Quote: TropicalElectri

Full disclosure
Veteran Disney traveler since 1990 with wife and 2 daughters. Now with grandson ;)
Pace yourself and relax, if you can't get on one ride the just choose one with short lines. Small kids will be a little Afraid so be patient with them.
If you sense the family melting down, then you can always ride the monorail around and go into the contemporary hotel for a relax time. Or take a round trip monorail to Epcot and back. Also the magic kingdom train is good cuz you can just stay on.
I usually like to see carousel of progress mid afternoon
The kids like it and it puts me right to sleep. Great cat nap for dad.!!
Parade time can be a good time for rides cuz lines a shorter.
There are plenty of decent walk up restaurants so be sure everyone eats on sinc. Also try to eat lunch around 11 and dinner by 5. To have shorter wait times.
Mainly don't focus on what you can't get done in a day, but enjoy your time with family!!
I have seen so many melted down families over the years cuz folks are overtired or hungry and they expect too much.
Sunday is usually good at Magic Kingdom cuz it's a travel day for many. Good luck

GWAE,

Sorry to be a wet blanket, so I'll only say this once more. You're wasting your money on Disney with the kids this young. Please consider saving it for about 2 years.
With a one day one park pass, you will not get monorail or boats or any other between-park use of transportation. The best you can hope for is a trolley in from the parking lot (which is another $20 to park last I saw).
No idea on the weather this far ahead, but the first 3 weeks of January are usually lows in the 30's and 40's here. I did Universal's Islands of Adventures New Year's Day once (in the 30's) and it was a bust. The theme parks are made for warmer weather, where you can stand outside in line 1/2 hour to an hour at a time and not freeze. If you're lucky, it will be in the 50's during the day. Maybe they have big outdoor heaters now.
Again, sorry, and I'm guessing you're going anyway. It'll get dark around 5pm and quickly get cold, so you definitely want to start as early as you can.
GWAE
GWAE
November 28th, 2015 at 7:56:13 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

GWAE,

Sorry to be a wet blanket, so I'll only say this once more. You're wasting your money on Disney with the kids this young. Please consider saving it for about 2 years.
With a one day one park pass, you will not get monorail or boats or any other between-park use of transportation. The best you can hope for is a trolley in from the parking lot (which is another $20 to park last I saw).
No idea on the weather this far ahead, but the first 3 weeks of January are usually lows in the 30's and 40's here. I did Universal's Islands of Adventures New Year's Day once (in the 30's) and it was a bust. The theme parks are made for warmer weather, where you can stand outside in line 1/2 hour to an hour at a time and not freeze. If you're lucky, it will be in the 50's during the day. Maybe they have big outdoor heaters now.
Again, sorry, and I'm guessing you're going anyway. It'll get dark around 5pm and quickly get cold, so you definitely want to start as early as you can.

I am fully in agreement with you. My wife really wants to go. Kids won't remember it at all, but they do both love theme parks. We have season passes for locAL park, have been to sesame place a few times, aND various other parks. They both love rides so I think that part will be fine.

It's funny to hear temperature comments from a southerner. When you say 30s and maybe 50s that sounds good to us. We are going to the local parks Christmas lights tomorrow where the high is going to be in the 20s.

Thank you for the warning though I will pass it along to the boss.

We do have a trip already planned for 2017 do this will be a trial run.

Eta just looked at temp for last year. On the 18th it had a high of 70 and a low of 58. We are just hoping snow doesn't mess up our flight.
TropicalElectri
TropicalElectri
November 28th, 2015 at 8:03:19 AM permalink

Our initial plan is to bring lunch and snack and hopefully just a walk up dinner. I assume they quick walk up concessions.

You can ride the monorail on a one day ticket or even without a ticket, no problem at all.
Folding stroller is a pain but it will need to be done occasionally,
Depending on the parking place you can stroll to the ticket center, then choose to take the large ferry boat into the park. It is a really nice ride, easy on and off without folding at all.
Also, I am a Florida resident since 1970 but I grew up in Pgh (Crafton). Very nice place in the 60's
One Day at a Time
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
November 28th, 2015 at 9:00:41 AM permalink
If you don't want to wait in lines:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/05/well-this-is-just-awful-renting-disabled-people-to-skip-lines-at-disney-world/275840/
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 28th, 2015 at 9:15:49 AM permalink
Quote: TropicalElectri

You can ride the monorail on a one day ticket or even without a ticket, no problem at all.
Folding stroller is a pain but it will need to be done occasionally,
Depending on the parking place you can stroll to the ticket center, then choose to take the large ferry boat into the park. It is a really nice ride, easy on and off without folding at all.
Also, I am a Florida resident since 1970 but I grew up in Pgh (Crafton). Very nice place in the 60's

OK, I went and looked it up on their FAQ's, and TE is correct; you can use their monorail and ferry services ( I would highly recommend you do a boat one way and a monorail the other from the Transportation Center; they're both fun). We were unpleasantly surprised about this once, but it was a decade ago, and apparently they've changed their policies (if everyone was inconvenienced over this as much as we were, they must have gotten a lot of complaints). Thanks, TE, for providing the correct information!
MrV
MrV
November 28th, 2015 at 9:56:30 AM permalink
I still wrestle with the same existential question which has plagued me since I was a teen:

"Ginger, or Mary Ann?"
"What, me worry?"
Joeman
Joeman
November 28th, 2015 at 11:11:56 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

The bot sucks at links. Did not put in a URL so they all go to the first page of this thread.

Yeah, I guess I suck as a bot. I actually do use those websites for Disney planning/info. Mrs. Joeman & I are Season Passholders and have gone 3-4 times a year for the past few years. I purposely didn't link any URL's because I didn't want my post to seem sketchy. I guess I sucked at that, too!
GWAE
GWAE
November 28th, 2015 at 11:39:13 AM permalink

Yeah, I guess I suck as a bot. I actually do use those websites for Disney planning/info. Mrs. Joeman & I are Season Passholders and have gone 3-4 times a year for the past few years. I purposely didn't link any URL's because I didn't want my post to seem sketchy. I guess I sucked at that, too!

I was confused by your post until I went back and looked. Earlier today right after your post there was a bot that put in about 6 posts with links to various things. I responded by saying is anyone crazy enough to click on links, then miplet responded to me. Since then, mods removed those links so now it looks like our comments were directed at your post. I assure you they were not, I am thankful for your info.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
November 28th, 2015 at 12:43:53 PM permalink
When I was 11 in Sixth Grade I made daily touring plans for our (one and only) trip to Disney World. Yes, I was a planning nerd. But it was a ton of fun. Definitely my favorite family vacation. We stayed in a mobile home in the Fort Wildnerness campground, which worked very well.

I would have kids solely to have an excuse to take them on a trip to Disney World. :)
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 28th, 2015 at 1:42:04 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

When I was 11 in Sixth Grade I made daily touring plans for our (one and only) trip to Disney World. Yes, I was a planning nerd. But it was a ton of fun. Definitely my favorite family vacation. We stayed in a mobile home in the Fort Wildnerness campground, which worked very well.

I would have kids solely to have an excuse to take them on a trip to Disney World. :)

You don't need an excuse. Where does it say we can't have a WoV South at Disneyworld? There's even a good casino boat if people want to go out and gamble, with roulette, craps, blackjack, etc. all $5 minimums. Only 40 minutes east of Orlando.
tringlomane
tringlomane
November 28th, 2015 at 3:46:44 PM permalink

Tring, did you do anything else in the area other than parks? We need to find something to fill Saturday. We are thinking about some monster truck swamp tour and orange orchard thing.

44" is good for nearly everything for a child that age would want to ride. Nope just Disney. Spent a whole week. G/f is a Disney freak. I'll admit I enjoy it too.

Quote: DRich

If you don't want to wait in lines:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/05/well-this-is-just-awful-renting-disabled-people-to-skip-lines-at-disney-world/275840/

They changed policies to prevent this. Now disabled people can't cut lines. Many lines accommodate scooters/wheelchairs and the ones that don't they have a reservation system if you can't stand in the line. The bus policy at Epcot is terrible now. Max two scooters per bus, but scooters don't get priority. The amount of people with scooters is creeping up, so not taking people with them when they had available space on the bus is really bad. Disney is now doing less to accommodate people with disabilities than they used to, and that makes me sad. If I get to the point where I would need a scooter, I probably don't go to Disney.

I dealt with this indirectly this month because we took her parents with this time and they both had scooters. We split buses going to the park a lot. Oh and if you have a scooter/wheelchair, do NOT stay at Port Orleans.
GWAE
GWAE
November 28th, 2015 at 3:55:23 PM permalink
Just looking at the attractions I was surprised that most of magic kingdom is kids rides. I was only there 1 time and I was 8. I always thought they had a large selection of adult rides like a 6 flags would.
tringlomane
tringlomane
November 28th, 2015 at 4:35:46 PM permalink

Just looking at the attractions I was surprised that most of magic kingdom is kids rides. I was only there 1 time and I was 8. I always thought they had a large selection of adult rides like a 6 flags would.

Nope. Each park has a few big thrill rides, but that's it. If you want more high-thrill rides, Universal is better I believe. Never been, but g/f wants to eventually go. Splitting parks is cost prohibitive though. One day at magic kingdom is $100 at full price, but 7 days at Disney is just over $300/person for standard tickets (only one park a day). The last four days cost a bit over $50.

Disney is good for me...I hate major thrill rides. I stayed awake during the "Carousel of Progress"...lol And there was an error on the carousel, so we had to watch a segment twice. Doh!
GWAE
GWAE
November 28th, 2015 at 6:33:01 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Nope. Each park has a few big thrill rides, but that's it. If you want more high-thrill rides, Universal is better I believe. Never been, but g/f wants to eventually go. Splitting parks is cost prohibitive though. One day at magic kingdom is $100 at full price, but 7 days at Disney is just over $300/person for standard tickets (only one park a day). The last four days cost a bit over $50.

Disney is good for me...I hate major thrill rides. I stayed awake during the "Carousel of Progress"...lol And there was an error on the carousel, so we had to watch a segment twice. Doh!

I do like the thrill rides but with the kids being young we wouldn't be riding them on this trip anyways.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
November 28th, 2015 at 8:59:29 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I still wrestle with the same existential question which has plagued me since I was a teen:

"Ginger, or Mary Ann?"

I was checking out some trails around Henderson and came across some named after Dawn Wells. Was curious to know if she had anything to do with the wilderness trails and found she still has a following and seems to be a human being.

She will sign and send photo's from Mary Ann if requested. Here is a post from Thanksgiving from Wells. https://twitter.com/therealmaryann

Oh, and Mary Ann, definitely.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 28th, 2015 at 9:42:06 PM permalink
I'm not gay and wasn't then (lol)...but 100% Mary Ann if I had to decide on my best friend (or surrogate, I guess). I had a crush on the Professor, anyway, and always wished they would get together (on the show).
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
November 28th, 2015 at 10:13:10 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

"Ginger, or Mary Ann?"

PFFT, Mary Ann, of course. The professor knew the deal.

Another quandary was Daphne or Roz from Frasier. Bob's was Ava Gardner vs. Liz Tailor in their prime, - and his. (Ava on this one here...)
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 28th, 2015 at 11:21:40 PM permalink
Mary Ann, Mon, Wed, Fri
Ginger, Tue, Thu, Sat
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MrV
MrV
November 29th, 2015 at 12:22:41 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Mary Ann, Mon, Wed, Fri
Ginger, Tue, Thu, Sat

"On the seventh day he finished his work of (pro)creation, so he rested from all his work."
"What, me worry?"
GWAE
GWAE
November 29th, 2015 at 4:31:30 AM permalink
Does anyone else watch how is it made on the science channel. I find this show very entertaining.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
November 29th, 2015 at 7:04:53 AM permalink

Does anyone else watch how is it made on the science channel. I find this show very entertaining.

Coincidentally, I have it on right now while typing this. The current segment is making harmonicas. I like the show and have been watching it for years. It is rare that at least one segment doesn't catch my interest and usually I will like more than that.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
GWAE
GWAE
November 29th, 2015 at 8:31:04 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Coincidentally, I have it on right now while typing this. The current segment is making harmonicas. I like the show and have been watching it for years. It is rare that at least one segment doesn't catch my interest and usually I will like more than that.

I watched 4 episodes this morning. I never knew they made church bells the way they do. And wholly crap a lot goes into make panty hose (hoes) sp?
muleyvoice
muleyvoice
  • Threads: 2
November 29th, 2015 at 9:02:24 AM permalink
Thalia or Imogene ?
Joeman
Joeman
November 29th, 2015 at 12:28:50 PM permalink

I was confused by your post until I went back and looked. Earlier today right after your post there was a bot that put in about 6 posts with links to various things. I responded by saying is anyone crazy enough to click on links, then miplet responded to me. Since then, mods removed those links so now it looks like our comments were directed at your post. I assure you they were not, I am thankful for your info.

A-ha! No worries! I must have just missed it. Hope you & your family have a great trip to FL!

Don't know if your kids would be interested, but another thing you can do in that area is visit the Kennedy Space Center. It's been years since I've gone, but I really enjoyed it.

And, as to the current discussion... Mary Ann, definitely!
GWAE
GWAE
November 29th, 2015 at 1:29:08 PM permalink

A-ha! No worries! I must have just missed it. Hope you & your family have a great trip to FL!

Don't know if your kids would be interested, but another thing you can do in that area is visit the Kennedy Space Center. It's been years since I've gone, but I really enjoyed it.

And, as to the current discussion... Mary Ann, definitely!

I wanted to go there but it costs $60 a person. I will wait till the kids are a bit older for that one.

I just spent 7 hours putting up Christmas lights. You Nevada and southern people don't know what Christmas in the cold is like. It was under 32 degrees the entire time with snow flurries.

Anyways, I was all done when I realized I missed a bush. No biggie just plug in another strand and be done. I plug it in and poof all the lights go out. WTF, well apaprantly that strand was too much and I blew a fuse in one of the lights. 45 minutes later I figure it out and now I am done. That was very frustrating.
  • Jump to: