Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 188
November 30th, 2022 at 10:28:21 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Such coatings have already existed in industry and in the Department of Energy's National Labs: for example Sandia, Lawrence Berkeley, Lawrence Livermore. The Notre Dame press release is just a bit of fluff put together by a PR department that is unaware of what is happening elsewhere in the world.
link to original post

I think the claim was about the best material of its kind so far. Not that it was the first or only.

Quote:

The result was a 1.2 micron-thick coating that outperforms all other heat-reducing glass coatings on the market.

Fair is fair, if unprovable claims are insisted to be true, one should be able to use unprovable methods of debunking.
rxwine
rxwine
November 30th, 2022 at 10:37:04 PM permalink
I don't know what exists at Defense Labs, or (DARPA), buy maybe they don't either, but that's not on a public market.
Fair is fair, if unprovable claims are insisted to be true, one should be able to use unprovable methods of debunking.
rxwine
rxwine
December 3rd, 2022 at 12:19:46 PM permalink
Best argument

for a bidet.

If a flying pig pooped on your head, would you just wipe it off with paper?
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 24
December 3rd, 2022 at 12:27:12 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Best argument

for a bidet.

link to original post

If the poop was only a small amount, and my head was completely shaved, and no one ever saw my head, or touched it with their bare hands, including me, and it was covered up with several layers of clothing at all times, and it was perfectly culturally acceptable to do it, then yes, I probably would wipe it off with just toilet paper.

If a flying pig pooped on YOUR head, would you just rinse it off with water, or would you get in the shower and shampoo the hell out of it?
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
December 3rd, 2022 at 2:57:22 PM permalink

Best argument

for a bidet.

link to original post

The best argument for a bidet toilet with a heated seat. Take a trip to Tokyo and try it. Amazing and you will never want to go back.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 342
December 3rd, 2022 at 3:10:18 PM permalink

I'd be too gob-smacked over seeing a flying pig; my response would be to try to capture the flying pig, and failing that to shoot it, all in aid of learning its secret of self-powered flight, thus allowing me to become richer than Elon.

"What, me worry?"
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 13
December 3rd, 2022 at 3:15:49 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I'd be too gob-smacked over seeing a flying pig; my response would be to try to capture the flying pig, and failing that to shoot it, all in aid of learning its secret of self-powered flight, thus alloweing me to become richer than Elon.

link to original post

I can imagine that a pig being shot out of one of those circus cannons would meet the criteria of (1) flying, and (2) pooping.

I'd wipe, then wash.
Then probably wash again.
May the cards fall in your favor.

• Jump to: