See my above edit with posted drawing.
link to original post

I saw - it

it's wrong

end of discussion - for me anyway

feel free to get the last word

link to original post

LOL dude, come on... are you serious?

What is more logical? A guy magically melts through iron bars, or a guy walks through a partially open gate and it just looks funny because of the filming conditions?

YOUR explanation makes zero sense. MY explanation is 100% plausible and you've done nothing to debunk it or counter it. You just said, "it's wrong."

YOU can admit to being wrong, you know.... it doesn't hurt, I promise....LOL...
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 232
September 14th, 2023 at 7:54:55 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Quote: lilredrooster

no, I blew it up and took a screenshot - here it is - exactly where he came in

nowhere close to the middle
link to original post

link to original post

I saw - it

it's wrong

link to original post

LOL dude, come on... are you serious?

What is more logical? A guy magically melts through iron bars, or a guy walks through a partially open gate and it just looks funny because of the filming conditions?

YOUR explanation makes zero sense. MY explanation is 100% plausible and you've done nothing to debunk it or counter it. You just said, "it's wrong."

link to original post

I didn't give any explanation
I never said it was magical
only that it is unexplained
and your explanation is completely countered and debunked by the vid itself and by the screenshot
all anybody has to do is keep stopping and starting it as he comes thru and anyone can see he didn't come thru the middle
your explanation is bogus - a total joke - lol

Please don't feed the trolls
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
September 14th, 2023 at 7:59:15 AM permalink
I thought you were going to let me have the last word??

The last word is FARFEGNUGEN.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
September 14th, 2023 at 8:01:35 AM permalink

I thought you were going to let me have the last word??

The last word is FARFEGNUGEN.
link to original post

I was

but your explanation was so totally bogus - I couldn't stop myself

it's possible or maybe even probable that the vid was faked using electronic means - I can't deny that - but not the way you indicated

TigerWu
TigerWu
September 14th, 2023 at 8:23:37 AM permalink

link to original post

I'm right. No one can prove otherwise.

FARFEGNUGEN!
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
September 14th, 2023 at 8:59:59 AM permalink
Really don’t care for classic cars being exempt from emission stuffs. Those things should have to follow the same rules as everyone else, if the emission laws exist in a local they shouldn’t be street legal then.

I can smell your junker from 4 blocks away, consider anyone else please mr tiny penis.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
odiousgambit
September 14th, 2023 at 9:33:00 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Really don’t care for classic cars being exempt from emission stuffs. Those things should have to follow the same rules as everyone else, if the emission laws exist in a local they shouldn’t be street legal then.

I can smell your junker from 4 blocks away, consider anyone else please mr tiny penis.
link to original post

Agreed. There should be "sound limits" for cars, too.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
September 14th, 2023 at 12:08:47 PM permalink

link to original post

I'm right. No one can prove otherwise.

FARFEGNUGEN!
link to original post

one more screenshot

obviously this is a 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙚

and it shows him 𝟭𝟬𝟬% 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴

𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙙

if you look closely at the screenshot you can see that it shows his hand pushing the "metal bar" and the "metal bar" is all bent

the bar is not metal - it's paper

you can also see that the other "metal bars" are paper if you look closely

nobody on YT or on the Travel Channel figured that out -

I was the only one who did

I just posted the explanation one second ago on YT in the comments under the name samuel dudorich - not my real name

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Sep 14, 2023
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 14th, 2023 at 12:24:45 PM permalink
I watched that ghost video again. The only other possible explanation is that he was in front of the fence/gate the entire time; i.e., coming from the left on the property, and the "night vision" of the camera created artifacts to make it look like the bars were in front of him while he was moving perpendicular to the camera. I'm not a video tech guy so I don't know the proper terminology to describe all of that, but I've seen stuff like that happen in other videos before, where people are walking around in front of low light security cameras and they look like "ghosts." One I saw recently was a guy jogging down the street and he looks transparent. Exact same situation as this; a security camera at night.

100% not a ghost or anything supernatural. Completely normal and plausible explanation.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
September 14th, 2023 at 12:33:24 PM permalink

I watched that ghost video again. The only other possible explanation is that he was in front of the fence/gate the entire time; i.e., coming from the left on the property, and the "night vision" of the camera created artifacts to make it look like the bars were in front of him while he was moving perpendicular to the camera. I'm not a video tech guy so I don't know the proper terminology to describe all of that, but I've seen stuff like that happen in other videos before, where people are walking around in front of low light security cameras and they look like "ghosts." One I saw recently was a guy jogging down the street and he looks transparent. Exact same situation as this; a security camera at night.

100% not a ghost or anything supernatural. Completely normal and plausible explanation.
link to original post

yes, completely plausible explanation

my explanation 2 posts up

not yours

your explanation of him coming thru the middle with your drawing was total crapola

the "metal bars" are actually paper

don't try to pretend you figured it out

you didn't

I did

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
odiousgambit
September 14th, 2023 at 3:23:39 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I saw - it

it's wrong

link to original post

I’ll bet that when lil red says ‘end of discussion for me’ what he really means to say is ‘I’ll be responding to your next post immediately’?!?!?

Just noticed….. Lilred responded already!!!!

Lilred….. you were a BB player…. I hit 48 consecutive FTs yesterday….. getting my own rebound. Were you a shooter?
Last edited by: SOOPOO on Sep 14, 2023
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 14th, 2023 at 4:48:36 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

link to original post

I saw - it

it's wrong

link to original post

I’ll bet that when lil red says ‘end of discussion for me’ what he really means to say is ‘I’ll be responding to your next post immediately’?!?!?

Just noticed….. Lilred responded already!!!!

Lilred….. you were a BB player…. I hit 48 consecutive FTs yesterday….. getting my own rebound. Where you a shooter?
link to original post

I once went a whole halftime warmup without making a basket despite shooting probably 20 times. I even missed my layup.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
September 17th, 2023 at 3:01:06 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Lilred….. you were a BB player…. I hit 48 consecutive FTs yesterday….. getting my own rebound. Were you a shooter?

that's fantastic Soopoo - I could never do that
I was a good shooter but not a great one
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
September 18th, 2023 at 3:08:19 AM permalink

Las Vegas Strip club offers free lap dances, $1,200 membership, luggage storage, and airport pickup for MGM guests affected by hackers.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/16/las-vegas-strip-club-free-lap-dances-mgm-guests-affected-cyberattack/

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 18th, 2023 at 10:14:51 AM permalink
Here’s something you don’t see everyday.

100 million fighter jet missing in S. Carolina.

Quote:

The U.S. Marine Corps lost an F-35B fighter jet over the weekend. At around 2pm EST on Saturday, the Marine pilot ejected from the jet after putting it into auto-pilot. The jet’s transponder isn’t working, authorities can’t find it, and they’re asking the public for help tracking down the $100 million jet.
“If you have any information that may help our recovery teams locate the F-35, please call the Base Defense Operations Center at 843-963-3600,” Joint Base Charleston said in a tweet about the incident. “Based on the jet’s last-known position and in coordination with the FAA, we are focusing our attention north of JB Charleston, around Lake Moultrie and Lake Marion.”

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
September 22nd, 2023 at 6:17:04 PM permalink
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
September 22nd, 2023 at 9:25:19 PM permalink

link to original post

That's an infrared camera with night vision. The man entered through an opening between the gate doors, but his body heat was not fully detected until he was past the gate and closer to the sensor. Which would explain why his image became more solid the closer he got to the camera.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
September 23rd, 2023 at 2:46:24 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

link to original post

That's an infrared camera with night vision. The man entered through an opening between the gate doors, but his body heat was not fully detected until he was past the gate and closer to the sensor. Which would explain why his image became more solid the closer he got to the camera.
link to original post

no,
my earlier screenshots got deleted for some reason - so here's another one
take a look at the "metal bars" - you will see that they are bent, or curved -
the "metal bars" are ACTUALLY PAPER
he pushed thru the paper and you can see where he did it that the "metal bar" that is not really metal is bent
that's how it was faked

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Sep 23, 2023
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
September 23rd, 2023 at 10:32:23 AM permalink
I glanced at the video on Facebook. People there are saying via three year old comments that the person who performed the stunt was interviewed and explained how the whole thing was done.

And I don't think it had anything to do with paper bars, which those bars don't look bent to me, they look as they should.

Anyway, I wasted a little time trying to find the interview and could not. Maybe one of you could.

https://www.facebook.com/TravelChannel/videos/could-this-be-a-genuine-shapeshifter-our-experts-weigh-in-on-an-all-new-paranorm/321441615645521/

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
September 23rd, 2023 at 11:52:39 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

And I don't think it had anything to do with paper bars, which those bars don't look bent to me, they look as they should.

several of the "bars" look bent

but if you look at the "bar" 2nd from our right from the middle - where he pushed in - about waist high - it is very obviously bent - more than the others - because he pushed in there

look about waist high - that 2nd "bar" from the middle is almost touching the first "bar" from the middle

there is much less distance between those 2 "bars" than any other 2 "bars" - because they're paper

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
September 23rd, 2023 at 12:03:25 PM permalink
Ideally if someone cares to find this referenced interview with the Filipino guy who performed the stunt, or the record of how it was debunked, we would know for sure. Again, the comments are three years old so whatever we'd be looking for would be pretty old.

One of the comments that references the interview and debunking refers to the guy's jumping from the left wall?
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
September 23rd, 2023 at 12:05:05 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Ideally if someone cares to find this referenced interview with the Filipino guy who performed the stunt, or the record of how it was debunked, we would know for sure.

it's also possible the guy would lie
to try to make himself appear more talented than he actually is

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
September 26th, 2023 at 8:54:03 PM permalink
New show on HBO called Naked Attraction, it's a full frontal nudity dating show. Way too many fat unattractive girls, but who else are they going to get. I give the show two stars out of 10
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
September 27th, 2023 at 5:18:43 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

New show on HBO called Naked Attraction, it's a full frontal nudity dating show. Way too many fat unattractive girls, but who else are they going to get. I give the show two stars out of 10
link to original post

is it maybe the UK version? On most nights here. Very tame and lame.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
September 27th, 2023 at 6:58:12 AM permalink
Target is closing 9 stores because of theft - some of it by organized gangs
it's a blow to those communities where people rely on Target for their discount prices
it's a brave new world - the grab and go contingent is very powerful - disrupting the norms of everyday life
Nordstrom and Whole Foods have also closed stores because of this

retailers call this "shrink" - and it has caused big problems for a great many of them -

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/26/business/target-retail-theft-store-closures/index.html

EvenBob
EvenBob
September 27th, 2023 at 7:10:36 AM permalink

Target is closing 9 stores because of theft - some of it by organized gangs
it's a blow to those communities where people rely on Target for their discount prices
it's a brave new world - the grab and go contingent is very powerful - disrupting the norms of everyday life
Nordstrom and Whole Foods have also closed stores because of this

retailers call this "shrink" - and it has caused big problems for a great many of them -

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/26/business/target-retail-theft-store-closures/index.html

link to original post

We had riots here in 1967 which is a long time ago in a certain part of town that had a lot of businesses and there was a lot of looting they completely cleaned out store after store and to this day 56 years later most of the stores never reopened because they said screw, it it's not worth it. So for all the enjoyment these thieves get out of some TV they steal they just screwed themselves on having a store in their neighborhood.

I picked up something from Home Depot last week and this Home Depot is in a really really nice neighborhood and I asked the guy who brought my items to my car about shoplifting and he said oh it's horrible. He said people come in and load up carts and just walk out the door with it and if you catch them in the store you can legally stop them but as soon as I get into the parking lot they can leisurely load their van and leisurely drive away cuz there's nothing the store can do. He said if you try to stop them in the parking lot you get fired on the spot.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 27th, 2023 at 7:19:14 AM permalink
I've seen people acting like this is going to hurt Target... Closing 9 out of almost 2,000 stores is nothing. I think this mass theft thing is just a fad, anyway. Probably won't hear much about it in a couple years.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 27th, 2023 at 8:07:12 AM permalink

this is also a cause of inflation for stores that don't close because of this
stores have to raise prices to make up for the losses
the honest people are penalized because of the crooked people
par for the course - in just about everything

link to original post

The funny thing is in 1900 every department store in the United States had the merchandise behind the counter where the patron could not even touch it because they were terrified of shoplifters. And indeed shoplifting was always a problem once the customers could get their hands on the stuff. But now it's gotten totally out of control so those old timer people were absolutely right you cannot trust the General Public because they will steal if given the chance. Even the good people given the temptation will often steal.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
September 27th, 2023 at 8:08:38 AM permalink
Perhaps drug stores could return to being drug stores and not try to be all things to everyone. My CVS sells lawn chairs, multiple-sized coolers, small televisions, and breakfast cereals. How much of CVS's revenue comes from the sale of coolers? Strip 90% of the aisles from a typical CVS, and you'd still have room to sell their core products.
A few years ago, CVS removed all their tobacco products, which marketeers had told them were essential to their business. They survived.
Find out what the 100 most stolen items are, and eliminate them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
September 28th, 2023 at 5:51:37 AM permalink
Could you stop or put a big dent in all unsolicited spam by having it return to sender on the first send. The sender then taps send again before it actually goes out. If it comes from a fake or disguised address, it won't go back to the sender and thus never goes out at all. Too big a drain on the system? Probably at first, but if it reduced all those machine-driven emails from even working in the first place, people would find they aren't doing anything at all and shut them down thus reducing the loads eventually.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
September 28th, 2023 at 5:55:58 AM permalink
I do know do not click unsubscribe or remove from list as this confirms they found a good working email address
rxwine
rxwine
September 28th, 2023 at 6:00:16 AM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

I do know do not click unsubscribe or remove from list as this confirms they found a good working email address
link to original post

Same here, but I'm just saying why not try to make it pointless for it to be sent at all. It still comes into my junk mail. I think the junk mail is the actual mail the service hasn't deleted automatically. There may be a lot more that doesn't even get to the junk mail.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
September 28th, 2023 at 6:18:05 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Could you stop or put a big dent in all unsolicited spam by having it return to sender on the first send. The sender then taps send again before it actually goes out. If it comes from a fake or disguised address, it won't go back to the sender and thus never goes out at all. Too big a drain on the system? Probably at first, but if it reduced all those machine-driven emails from even working in the first place, people would find they aren't doing anything at all and shut them down thus reducing the loads eventually.
link to original post

Ehh?
If I were a spammer, I would be using custom email software that would (in essence) automatically approve and re-send any rejects you bounced back to me.

I wouldn't feel sad if you didn't want my tennis elbow pills. I'd just offer you discount cell phone plans next time, then celebrity wardrobe malfunction photos, then let you know that we've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty...
May the cards fall in your favor.
rxwine
rxwine
September 28th, 2023 at 7:52:26 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

Ehh?
If I were a spammer, I would be using custom email software that would (in essence) automatically approve and re-send any rejects you bounced back to me.

I wouldn't feel sad if you didn't want my tennis elbow pills. I'd just offer you discount cell phone plans next time, then celebrity wardrobe malfunction photos, then let you know that we've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty...
link to original post

Here's how it works.
Email from spamalot is sent to me. It bounces back once to a real address, then is sent to me with the real address to me. I now block that real address. He can't send any more to me from that real address, but if he changes his email it has to be a real email because anything else will bounce to nowhere, or a wrong address entirely. Spamalot has to have a new real address to keep sending them to me because they all bounce back otherwise. He could easily need thousands of real email boxes just to do a decent return. Because you need thousands of emails (so I hear ) just to get one good return.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 28th, 2023 at 8:04:10 AM permalink

link to original post

Ehh?

link to original post

Here's how it works.
Email from spamalot is sent to me. It bounces back once to a real address, then is sent to me with the real address to me. I now block that real address. He can't send any more to me from that real address, but if he changes his email it has to be a real email because anything else will bounce to nowhere, or a wrong address entirely. Spamalot has to have a new real address to keep sending them to me because they all bounce back otherwise. He could easily need thousands of real email boxes just to do a decent return. Because you need thousands of emails (so I hear ) just to get one good return.
link to original post

I - personally - use a few hundred email addresses. (I don't know what meets your criteria for 'real', but they all accept email from the outside world.)

If I were spamalot, I could create several million similarly real email addresses for about $14, and automatically select one to automatically vouch for the spam I'm sending.

Delaying my autoapproval is expensive; if you block spam because the bounced spam was approved and resent too quickly, that could work.
rxwine
rxwine
September 28th, 2023 at 8:04:17 AM permalink
According to Google

Quote:

Approximately 3.4 billion spam emails are sent daily, predominantly through phishing schemes, constituting a significant cybercrime challenge.

DAILY!
rxwine
rxwine
September 28th, 2023 at 8:11:24 AM permalink

link to original post

Ehh?

link to original post

Here's how it works.
link to original post

I - personally - use a few hundred email addresses. (I don't know what meets your criteria for 'real', but they all accept email from the outside world.)

If I were spamalot, I could create several million similarly real email addresses for about $14, and automatically select one to automatically vouch for the spam I'm sending.

Delaying my autoapproval is expensive; if you block spam because the bounced spam was approved and resent too quickly, that could work.
link to original post

I assume you don't visit hundreds of email boxes to check them. So, you must forward them automatically. I think that could be easily spotted by people looking to end spam. Maybe?: I'm just guessing.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 28th, 2023 at 8:41:44 AM permalink
I got an email the other day that said we are the US Post Office and we're holding an expensive package of yours in our warehouse because we don't have your complete address. Please send your name address and phone number. The US Post Office hopes you're having a wonderful day!

No letterhead, not once did they say USPS, two words were misspelled and the return email address was not the post office. And I'm sure people fall for this crap everyday that's why they do it.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
rawtuff
September 28th, 2023 at 9:33:24 AM permalink

link to original post

Ehh?

link to original post

Here's how it works.
link to original post

link to original post

I assume you don't visit hundreds of email boxes to check them. So, you must forward them automatically. I think that could be easily spotted by people looking to end spam. Maybe?: I'm just guessing.
link to original post

The email servers I use support aliasing, vaguely similar to forwarding.
I can set up a number of addresses that all go to the same mailbox.

dieter@ and dieter+greene@ and dieter.@ all get there.
(This is absolutely standard on gmail & friends.)
I can manually add about as many more as I care to with different text. (This is standard on most email systems.)

Many of the spam emails I get come from something like asdfghjkli45678$_&+@... which I believe to be an automatically generated alias
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 29th, 2023 at 5:27:32 PM permalink

Here's the much anticipated result of me turning my clock ahead 2 hours for winter daylight savings time. It's been a resounding success and I'm always going to do it now.
link to original post

I posted the above in February and now we're coming up on the time change again and it'll be a year since I turned my clock 2 hours ahead of everybody else. It's been one of the best things I've ever done in my life, I'm never going back to being on everybody else's time. There's so many benefits I can't count them all. I can never be late for anything, if I have to be someplace to get in line I can get there super early when for me it's not early at all. And of course the biggest asset is the sun doesn't go down till after 11:00 p.m. for me in June July and August. I never have to worry about getting everything done outside, there's always enough time. And of course in the winter in November January and February when it gets dark here for everybody else at 5:20 p.m. The sun doesn't go down for me till 7:20. It's absolutely wonderful, it's like why didn't I think of this 30 years ago. LOL it's so nice in December to be able to eat dinner at 6:45 and look out the window and it's still daylight. Or to go to the store at noon and when I get there it's not crowded because it's really 10:00 a.m.. Or to remember that I'm supposed to call somebody today but they close at 5:00 p.m. And it's 4:45 p.m. But for me it's only 2:45 p.m. So I have lots of time. The benefits are really endless.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
October 2nd, 2023 at 6:57:47 AM permalink
Apple has a smallish store in the mall near me where I often take walks
the store is always packed and very often has a line to get in - they will only allow so many customers in at one time
when there is a new generation phone being offered, such as now, the line to get in is often 20 deep
I've never seen anything like that from a small store before
Apple does about $ 394 billion in sales, they're closing in on half a trillion
Walmart has the highest volume of any corporation at $ 600 billion
but Walmart sells thousands of products - Apple sells only a few - it's volume almost doubles that of its strongest competitor - Samsung - it's popularity is unreal

TigerWu
TigerWu
October 2nd, 2023 at 7:02:55 AM permalink

Here's the much anticipated result of me turning my clock ahead 2 hours for winter daylight savings time. It's been a resounding success and I'm always going to do it now.
link to original post

I posted the above in February and now we're coming up on the time change again and it'll be a year since I turned my clock 2 hours ahead of everybody else. It's been one of the best things I've ever done in my life, I'm never going back to being on everybody else's time. There's so many benefits I can't count them all. I can never be late for anything, if I have to be someplace to get in line I can get there super early when for me it's not early at all. And of course the biggest asset is the sun doesn't go down till after 11:00 p.m. for me in June July and August. I never have to worry about getting everything done outside, there's always enough time. And of course in the winter in November January and February when it gets dark here for everybody else at 5:20 p.m. The sun doesn't go down for me till 7:20. It's absolutely wonderful, it's like why didn't I think of this 30 years ago. LOL it's so nice in December to be able to eat dinner at 6:45 and look out the window and it's still daylight. Or to go to the store at noon and when I get there it's not crowded because it's really 10:00 a.m.. Or to remember that I'm supposed to call somebody today but they close at 5:00 p.m. And it's 4:45 p.m. But for me it's only 2:45 p.m. So I have lots of time. The benefits are really endless.
link to original post

This is one of the stupidest things you've ever said.

EDIT: You're eating dinner at 6:45 "EB time" but in the real world it's actually 4:45. So why don't you just NOT change the clock and eat dinner when the clock says 4:45? Why don't you just go to the store when the clock says 10:00 instead of changing it to 12:00? You're still doing things at the exact same "time," you're just making the numbers on the clock different. Doesn't matter if it's two hours ahead, or 12 hours, or 18 hours. It's still the same time. There are zero benefits to what you're doing. Nothing about it makes sense. Then again, "not making sense" is your stock and trade, so I guess I'm not really surprised.
Last edited by: TigerWu on Oct 2, 2023
billryan
billryan
October 2nd, 2023 at 7:25:04 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Time is fluid. Why is it okay for someone in NYC to say it is noon, while it is only 9 AM in Tucson? If I get out of bed right now, I'd be considered an early riser, while a person still in bed in NYC sleeps in late.
What you consider the passing of time is really just the movement of some hands on a watch.
I took Bob's idea and perfected it. As usual, he thinks small and doesn't realize the magnitude of his discovery.
Don't think small. Don't be a bob.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
October 2nd, 2023 at 7:37:59 AM permalink

link to original post

If it is a legit company, using unsubscribe will work

There was one sender that the unsubscribe did not work. I made sure to unsubscribe all my emails. The block email did not work. I was receiving email from a random sender email generator.
The block list was approaching 100.

After the 3rd complaint to the FTC, they stopped completely.

Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Oct 2, 2023
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 2nd, 2023 at 7:56:42 AM permalink

link to original post

I posted the above in February and now we're coming up on the time change again and it'll be a year since I turned my clock 2 hours ahead of everybody else. It's been one of the best things I've ever done in my life, I'm never going back to being on everybody else's time.
link to original post

There are zero benefits to what you're doing. Nothing about it makes sense. Then again, "not making sense" is your stock and trade, so I guess I'm not really surprised.
link to original post

That's unfair, unless you've read all his other posts. Shall I send you some links?

DST and our UK equivalent BST is itself a bit daft and pointless. If I was King of the World, we would ALL use GMT, or Universal Time as the Computer techies would have it, all year round.

EB's idea is just as sound as whoever invented DST. But he misses the obvious opportunity. He could use CFT (Cat Feeding Time) and get up when his cats wake him for breakfast. Who needs clocks?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2023 at 8:00:14 AM permalink

EDIT: You're eating dinner at 6:45 "EB time" but in the real world it's actually 4:45. So why don't you just NOT change the clock and eat dinner when the clock says 4:45?
link to original post

Because that gives me no advantage. The sun still goes down at 5:15, I don't want the sun to go down at 5:15 in the winter I want it to go down at 7:15. If I have a doctor's appointment at 11:00 a.m., that's too early for me, I'd rather have it be at 1:00 p.m.. In September I don't want to have to rush when I'm doing outdoors to get done by 8:00 p.m. because it gets dark. According to my clock the sun doesn't go down till 10:00 p.m. In September which gives me plenty of time. The fact that you don't understand any of this isn't my fault. I do find it entertaining that you label the things you don't understand as 'stupid', you would have made a great teacher in the 18th century.
billryan
billryan
October 2nd, 2023 at 8:03:19 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

link to original post

I posted the above in February and now we're coming up on the time change again and it'll be a year since I turned my clock 2 hours ahead of everybody else. It's been one of the best things I've ever done in my life, I'm never going back to being on everybody else's time.
link to original post

There are zero benefits to what you're doing. Nothing about it makes sense. Then again, "not making sense" is your stock and trade, so I guess I'm not really surprised.
link to original post

That's unfair, unless you've read all his other posts. Shall I send you some links?

DST and our UK equivalent BST is itself a bit daft and pointless. If I was King of the World, we would ALL use GMT, or Universal Time as the Computer techies would have it, all year round.

EB's idea is just as sound as whoever invented DST. But he misses the obvious opportunity. He could use CFT (Cat Feeding Time) and get up when his cats wake him for breakfast. Who needs clocks?
link to original post

Eggxactly. bobs cats don't need a clock to tell them when it is feeding time or bedtime. Why do you? Kool people don't use watches or calendars. Don't need them. Don't want them.
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 2nd, 2023 at 8:17:22 AM permalink

EDIT: You're eating dinner at 6:45 "EB time" but in the real world it's actually 4:45. So why don't you just NOT change the clock and eat dinner when the clock says 4:45?
link to original post

If I have a doctor's appointment at 11:00 a.m., that's too early for me, I'd rather have it be at 1:00 p.m.

The fact that you don't understand any of this isn't my fault. I do find it entertaining that you label the things you don't understand as 'stupid', you would have made a great teacher in the 18th century.
link to original post

Teensy weensy Downside To EvenBobTime:
"Hello, Doctor. Can I have an appointment for 1:00 pm please, but can you make it my one pm and not yours?.... Let me explain .... What do you mean you don't understand.... Can I see a different Dr that does understand.... Pah forget it. I don't want to see a medic that can't even tell the time"
"Can I get an Uber for 1:00pm my time?"

"WTF time do you call this?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
vegas
October 2nd, 2023 at 8:20:21 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Kool people don't use watches or calendars. Don't need them. Don't want them.
link to original post

Cool people don't wear watches, but they are even more aware of time than we are because being on time is important to them.
billryan
billryan
October 2nd, 2023 at 8:38:40 AM permalink
I'm always on time. I get wherever I'm going precisely at the moment I arrive. Not a minute before, or a moment after.
  • Jump to: