Thread Rating:

michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
March 6th, 2014 at 11:14:09 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

I've been holding a core position in CELG since mid 2011, along with trading in and out of a smaller position since early 2012. its certainly undervalued on a PEG basis compared to its peers. I believe there's an FDA ruling on a new drug on 3/21 which could be a catalyst for the stock. I'm glad to see its included in the WOV portfolio.

I hope that $9.60 EPs estimate for 2015 comes to fruition.

I really put the jinx on CELG. Has one of its worst days right after I say I like it. But the whole biotech sector tanked in the afternoon, there was no specific company news, so now I like it even more. I have a buy order in at $154 should it get that low. I also like the April $150 calls, which were trading for $11 yesterday.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
March 6th, 2014 at 11:22:15 PM permalink
inter pipelines ipl.un on the tsx is as good as you will ever find.........canada has the oil and gas, u.s.a. needs the oil and gas......interpipe lines facilitates this.
get second you pig
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
March 7th, 2014 at 12:50:31 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

inter pipelines ipl.un on the tsx is as good as you will ever find.........canada has the oil and gas, u.s.a. needs the oil and gas......interpipe lines facilitates this.

Does this trade on the NYSE
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 102
March 7th, 2014 at 5:13:48 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

IPL.TO is how it is listed.
It has quadrupled in the last 5 years, so hopefully I won't be buying high, selling low!
If I can buy it for my account I will. Not sure if I have access to Toronto Stock Exchange.
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
March 7th, 2014 at 7:39:43 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

IPL.TO is how it is listed.

You can buy the company shares as IPPLF in the USA, but liquidity is inferior, so the bid-ask spread will likely be wider. In fact, the markets have been open for an hour, and I don't yet see a quote available for IPPLF. There's a CAD/USD currency differential of ~ 10%, so with IPL.TO currently trading near 29, IPPLF should be priced at about 26.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 7th, 2014 at 12:49:15 PM permalink
Can you buy AR? For some reason I think the company is going to do well...

Scott, I didn't mean to suggest that you buy NTEK. I was just pointing out that I visited the company. But hey, it's only $0.08! AR is I think around $60.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 10th, 2014 at 11:58:36 AM permalink
I just went to office and signed the final paperwork that allows the checks to be sent. Still a few more days for suggestions! I am adding AR as per teddys. IPPLF may be added, depending on how I can buy it. It has no 'bid/ask price' listed on TD Ameritrade, just a 'last sale price', which means I will not just put in a 'market order'.
I am also adding FB as per my brother in law. He is an active manager of his own portfolio, and told me to keep his portion in cash. He said he just liquidated his entire retirement portfolio to cash! When I asked him which stock he would pick if forced to for long term, he said FB. He believes that Zuckerberg is a true genius, and when things change he will be on the forefront.

SCTY COST GTAT CBIS BMO TD ILMN SVA VDE AOA MO CSCO DIS MA CELG NTEK AR IPPLF FB
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 10th, 2014 at 2:39:34 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

He is an active manager of his own portfolio, and told me to keep his portion in cash. He said he just liquidated his entire retirement portfolio to cash!

Wow, how old is he? IMO that is madness. I do think the overall stock market is over-valued, but cash? At least invest in bonds or something that will give you a decent yield.

Nevertheless, I think you should keep his portion in cash, just to compare. If the stock market crashes, he will look like a genius :).
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
March 10th, 2014 at 2:47:26 PM permalink
AcesAndEights, I rather like the move. In addition, a bond position, in a rising interest rate environment (which I believe is on the horizon) would not be good.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 10th, 2014 at 3:20:42 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Wow, how old is he? IMO that is madness. I do think the overall stock market is over-valued, but cash? At least invest in bonds or something that will give you a decent yield.

Nevertheless, I think you should keep his portion in cash, just to compare. If the stock market crashes, he will look like a genius :).

I don't agree with him, but it is clearly not madness. He is just saying right now he believes the market is overvalued, and it will correct to a lower level, and he will reinvest into stocks then. I am not smart enough to 'time' the market, so I don't try. Since I'm allocating 1% or so to each selection, keeping 1% in cash has no real meaning, as I probably will have around that all the time in cash as dividends come in until I buy something else.

• Jump to: