Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
March 13th, 2016 at 1:44:39 PM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Quote: Boz

But why does my opinion even matter because according to Michael BlueJay, [sic] I'm an idiot who cannot spell 3 letter words, not worthy of debate.


So, in RonC's world, a third-grade education makes you an educated elite. I guess anyone who graduates high school lives in an ivory tower.

And of course, we should dismiss educational "elites" because education is a bad thing. Just like science.



Yes...yes...that's it. That is exactly what I said. I guess I didn't make it clear enough for you, and I apologize for that. I'll make it simple:

Registered voter with third grade reading and comprehension = 1 vote

Registered voter with a doctorate and requisite level of reading and comprehension - 1 vote

Winning an election is not about intellectual superiority; it is about convincing enough people to vote for you. You can't just convince one group or the other that you are the best candidate; you need to convince a wide range of people.

I hope that helps...but I am betting you'll somehow try to twist my words further when we all know you knew precisely what I was saying.

Cheers!
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 431
  • Posts: 24860
March 13th, 2016 at 2:21:24 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

You can't just convince one group or the other that you are the best candidate; you need to convince a wide range of people.



Half the country has an average IQ or
lower. Those are the people attracted
to Trump. And he gets enough of the
over average IQ's to give him the edge.
Trump is the no thinking candidate.
He will fix everything, he's rich and well
known. That's enough for the average
voter.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
sisyphus
sisyphus
Joined: Dec 7, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 20
March 13th, 2016 at 2:28:33 PM permalink
Gary Johnson
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 936
March 13th, 2016 at 2:38:05 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I am betting you'll somehow try to twist my words further when we all know you knew precisely what I was saying.

Here's what you said, precisely:

Quote: RonC

(L)et's play that game for a minute just to point out how ridiculous it is to assume someone's opinion counts less overall just because they are not an educated elite.

That was in direct response to the quote from Boz in which he said:

Quote: Boz

But why does my opinion even matter because according to Michael BlueJay, [sic] I'm an idiot who cannot spell 3 letter words, not worthy of debate.

So, in your own words, you equate a third-grade education with being part of an "educational elite". You apparently think we live in the Middle Ages.

As for the rest of your argument, when you engage in ridiculous hyperbole like the above, you don't deserve a response. Respect is earned. Or maybe you want a respect handout.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 3493
March 13th, 2016 at 3:13:53 PM permalink
Bernie sanders would be an absolute disaster and Hillary is not remotely qualified to be president - would be another disaster not one word she says can be believed and she is sooooo unlike able..... Rubio can't even figure out which credit card he should take out of his pocket . Kasich I wouldn't mind but his logic of winning Ohio and he is good to go is absurd- I'll take trump anyday - everyone knows he will tone it down some- but can anyone honestly say that we should not have a 50 foot wall it's a joke what goes on at the border- it's totally unsafe and the amount of drugs coming in is stagerring ,
No longer hiring, donít ask because I wonít hire you either
HeySlick
HeySlick
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 277
March 13th, 2016 at 3:14:12 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Half the country has an average IQ or
lower. Those are the people attracted
to Trump. And he gets enough of the
over average IQ's to give him the edge.
Trump is the no thinking candidate.
He will fix everything, he's rich and well
known. That's enough for the average
voter.




FYI this link shows where the United States falls in the overall IQ average range - where did you come-up with your figures i.e., 159 million+ are average and, the other half are below the overall average range of 98.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 3493
March 13th, 2016 at 3:16:02 PM permalink
By definition more or less half the country would have above and half below - well technically median would be that way but it's more or less accurate
No longer hiring, donít ask because I wonít hire you either
HeySlick
HeySlick
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 277
March 13th, 2016 at 3:22:48 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

By definition more or less half the country would have above and half below - well technically median would be that way but it's more or less accurate




Image if they broke it down by gender and ethnicity --- I guess that would be to UN-politically correct in todays environment??
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 431
  • Posts: 24860
March 13th, 2016 at 3:30:49 PM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

FYI this link shows where the United States falls in the overall IQ average range - where did you come-up with your figures



That's what 'average' means. Doesn't matter
what the IQ number is, half are below it and
half are above it. In Zimbabwe, half are below
66 IQ, half are above it. In the US, Trump
appeals to the half below the average, and
gets a much smaller percentage from those
above the average.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
HeySlick
HeySlick
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 277
March 13th, 2016 at 3:53:28 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

That's what 'average' means. Doesn't matter
what the IQ number is, half are below it and
half are above it. In Zimbabwe, half are below
66 IQ, half are above it. In the US, Trump
appeals to the half below the average, and
gets a much smaller percentage from those
above the average.




I don't buy it -- i.e., can you provide some facts/link supporting those numbers -- or maybe your just making assumptions based on those variables above. IMO if attendance at every Trumps rally was 15,000 & the population of the US is 319 million. - You'd have to break it down even further to get some actual percentages.


I was curious so I did a search (incidentally I did a tour of duty in Korea 1967-68)

As of April 2015, the country with the highest average IQ is South Korea, which has an average IQ of 106, according to the report "IQ and the Wealth of Nations." While technically not a country, Hong Kong's average IQ, when measured separately from China, is 107, making it higher than South Korea. Other countries that have high average IQs are Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and Austria.
Last edited by: HeySlick on Mar 13, 2016

  • Jump to: