Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 2nd, 2015 at 1:37:40 PM permalink
Quote:

Trump says won't be 'throwing punches' in US Republican debate

That's interesting. That leaves the other candidates deciding whether they want to open the Trump can of worms or just leave him be. For that matter, which one of them wants to open it, if any of them.

He's not exactly known for being quiet when attacked (or even not attacked)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 2nd, 2015 at 2:01:02 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Ah, if you could give truth serum to every male to find out if they always took the proper precaution. All company here included. Only takes one error.

I'll give credit where credit is due, but I consider it a heap of shame to put that one just on the other side.

So if it was an error, a mistake, an accident, shouldn't a man have the right to abort his portion of the fetus if he doesn't want to support a child until what, twenty four years old now?

Many females have trapped sperm donors for the support money, and used children as an early retirement policy. If abortion is a woman's choice, let men have equal rights.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
August 2nd, 2015 at 2:22:02 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

So if it was an error, a mistake, an accident, shouldn't a man have the right to abort his portion of the fetus if he doesn't want to support a child until what, twenty four years old now?

Many females have trapped sperm donors for the support money, and used children as an early retirement policy. If abortion is a woman's choice, let men have equal rights.

Go to any major sports venue and you have chicks outside the locker room looking to just get pregnant so they are set for life.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 2nd, 2015 at 2:31:11 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I have a simple solution--take care of birth control BEFORE getting pregnant. I know that is radical and will be condemned by those who want total "freedom" but every woman who is fertile needs to do everything possible to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Abortion is a nasty way to end things whether you are in favor or opposed to it.

I agree with you about this; abortion should be legal AND rare (credited to Clinton administration). However, this is the second time in this conversation where you put birth control 100% on the female. Why is that? Men can wear condoms and should. Men can get vasectomies if they're not having sex for procreation. Even take the lead in the relationship on rhythm, abstinence, alternate sex acts to intercourse. Why don't you include that in your position about irresponsible sex? It does take two....
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
August 2nd, 2015 at 2:36:20 PM permalink

Ah, if you could give truth serum to every male to find out if they always took the proper precaution. All company here included. Only takes one error.

I'll give credit where credit is due, but I consider it a heap of shame to put that one just on the other side.

Thanks for saying that, rx. I had responded to RonC before I saw this; I appreciate you mentioning it as well.
rxwine
rxwine
August 2nd, 2015 at 2:44:51 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

What if one's wife gets pregnant against the express wishes of her husband? Should one have to support the kid? Can he force it to be aborted.

I'm not sure of all the legal cases that occurred to get where we are today. Someone else may have that info.

No doubt it isn't as easy as cutting each kid in half.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 2nd, 2015 at 3:43:58 PM permalink

What if one's wife gets pregnant against the express wishes of her husband? Should one have to support the kid?

Well right there, you are assuming he is the breadwinner?

Does he have any idea if it's his kid or not, after he tole her NO?NF way, unh, uh. I thought that's how kids got here?

It seems we be hard wired to procreate>
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 2nd, 2015 at 4:29:24 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I agree with you about this; abortion should be legal AND rare (credited to Clinton administration). However, this is the second time in this conversation where you put birth control 100% on the female. Why is that? Men can wear condoms and should. Men can get vasectomies if they're not having sex for procreation. Even take the lead in the relationship on rhythm, abstinence, alternate sex acts to intercourse. Why don't you include that in your position about irresponsible sex? It does take two....

There isn't equality at all in the matter of reproduction. Only one sex can get pregnant. I don't think it is "only" her responsibility but there are times we ARE, and always will be, unequal...she bears a much greater potential burden and needs to take on the larger share of the responsibility.

There ARE lots of things that a man can do; but the woman must "trust but verify" because her risk is 100x (understated) larger than the man's. If he says he has had a vasectomy, how does she know? If he says that he is bringing a condom, she needs to have one in case he forgets. If they are trying to keep it in rhythm, she needs to keep the calender. If they practice abstinence, he can take a lead but she needs to make sure that he keeps his word. If they want to do "alternate acts", she needs to make sure that nothing goes where it shouldn't go, even if he says it won't.

The difference in feeling between having a raincoat on and not having one on is huge...the man has no risk of getting pregnant (even though the pregnancy is obviously a risk to him, too). The man WILL forget it them moment. If she doesn't even know his name, how is she going to get him to participate in raising the child or the abortion process?

There is another inequality--the woman has most of the choice when it comes to the abortion process. Does she get one? Doesn't she get one? Having the baby even though you lied and told him you were "protected"? The woman's choice. The man? He just has to pay for the most part; his word is not heavily weighted in the decision unless she lets it be.

100% on the woman? Nope. She is 100% the one who can get pregnant, so it is not an equal arrangement.

NOTHING can make it so...
RonC
RonC
August 2nd, 2015 at 4:32:07 PM permalink

As long as only the woman can get pregnant, she'll have the greater burden of preventing it.

It takes two to tango, but this not a case of equality of roles.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
August 2nd, 2015 at 5:47:30 PM permalink

There isn't equality at all in the matter of reproduction. Only one sex can get pregnant. I don't think it is "only" her responsibility but there are times we ARE, and always will be, unequal...she bears a much greater potential burden and needs to take on the larger share of the responsibility.

There ARE lots of things that a man can do; but the woman must "trust but verify" because her risk is 100x (understated) larger than the man's. If he says he has had a vasectomy, how does she know? If he says that he is bringing a condom, she needs to have one in case he forgets. If they are trying to keep it in rhythm, she needs to keep the calender. If they practice abstinence, he can take a lead but she needs to make sure that he keeps his word. If they want to do "alternate acts", she needs to make sure that nothing goes where it shouldn't go, even if he says it won't.

The difference in feeling between having a raincoat on and not having one on is huge...the man has no risk of getting pregnant (even though the pregnancy is obviously a risk to him, too). The man WILL forget it them moment. If she doesn't even know his name, how is she going to get him to participate in raising the child or the abortion process?

There is another inequality--the woman has most of the choice when it comes to the abortion process. Does she get one? Doesn't she get one? Having the baby even though you lied and told him you were "protected"? The woman's choice. The man? He just has to pay for the most part; his word is not heavily weighted in the decision unless she lets it be.

100% on the woman? Nope. She is 100% the one who can get pregnant, so it is not an equal arrangement.

NOTHING can make it so...

I don't disagree, and I appreciate you spelling out your point, as it read differently in your previous posts. I do think the responsibility is 50-50, however, the consequences are much more on the woman, though I won't go so far as to say it's 100% on her.
rxwine
rxwine
August 2nd, 2015 at 5:49:36 PM permalink

As long as only the woman can get pregnant, she'll have the greater burden of preventing it.

It takes two to tango, but this not a case of equality of roles.

I think for a man to relieve himself of the responsibility.

(1) he would have to be able to prove or at least convince a judge that he took every precaution on every possible occasion.

note: I have no idea how that could be done under normal circumstances, unless you had everything filmed or a witness to back you up. Both unlikely and if something is contested you're in additional problem of he said/she said.

(2) That the woman actually deceived you. In some manner you would need evidence she was deceiving you about using birth control or perhaps not being able to get pregnant. This one would be easier, because you might have a statement or made a recording, or she might have told someone else about it.

But If there was no deception you are both equally responsible for any "accident" which occurs.

So, to me, unless you can actually meet the burden of both those conditions, all tangos count as two faults not one regardless of how much burden falls on one sex.

(of course all the latter is not a legal requirement, just my opinion)
RonC
RonC
August 2nd, 2015 at 6:21:07 PM permalink

I think for a man to relieve himself of the responsibility.

(1) he would have to be able to prove or at least convince a judge that he took every precaution on every possible occasion.

note: I have no idea how that could be done under normal circumstances, unless you had everything filmed or a witness to back you up. Both unlikely and if something is contested you're in additional problem of he said/she said.

(2) That the woman actually deceived you. In some manner you would need evidence she was deceiving you about using birth control or perhaps not being able to get pregnant. This one would be easier, because you might have a statement or made a recording, or she might have told someone else about it.

But If there was no deception you are both equally responsible for any "accident" which occurs.

So, to me, unless you can actually meet the burden of both those conditions, all tangos count as two faults not one regardless of how much burden falls on one sex.

(of course all the latter is not a legal requirement, just my opinion)

I'm not in anyway saying the man has no responsibility but she is the only one who can get pregnant and has a heavier burden. Perhaps the guy she slept with is rich and there are no financial issues, but too many of the ones who get women pregnant disappear, have no money, etc.

You may get a court to say the responsibility is "equal"; that just isn't the reality of the issue...
JohnCena
JohnCena
  • Threads: 1
August 3rd, 2015 at 2:08:38 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I will vote for the candidate that supports gay marriage
I will vote for the candidate that supports women's rights
I will vote for the candidate that supports immigration reform.
I will vote for the candidate that supports the affordable health care.

Will you vote for Trump if he goes independent insuring another President Clinton?

That's a really really dumb question my brotha. Of course I vote for Trump no matter what! I vote for the person not the party.
You gotta learn my brotha the Trumpster is where its at. I didn't even care about politics until the Trumpster came along and I can proudly say he will be the first person I ever vote for for president!

I also hate to brake the bad news to you and your boy ans288 but check out this new Trumpalicious poll!! He is kicking ass!!!!!!! I know you guys are scared to death of him, but the Trumpster will welcome you guys with open arms once you guys come to your senses! http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32212254770/32212254991/32212254992/32212254994/32212254995/30064771087/67f674c8-fd4a-4a93-afbc-8b246a83da56.pdf
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
August 3rd, 2015 at 2:13:05 PM permalink
Quote: JohnCena

That's a really really dumb question my brotha. Of course I vote for Trump no matter what! I vote for the person not the party.
You gotta learn my brotha the Trumpster is where its at. I didn't even care about politics until the Trumpster came along and I can proudly say he will be the first person I ever vote for for president!

I also hate to brake the bad news to you and your boy ans288 but check out this new Trumpalicious poll!! He is kicking ass!!!!!!! I know you guys are scared to death of him, but the Trumpster will welcome you guys with open arms once you guys come to your senses! http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32212254770/32212254991/32212254992/32212254994/32212254995/30064771087/67f674c8-fd4a-4a93-afbc-8b246a83da56.pdf

So he is leading in an overstuffed primary where he is getting 26% of the vote and like 60% of people who despise him. Also head to head polls with him against Hillary Clinton or him against Bernie Sanders has Trump at a double digit disadvantage.
JohnCena
JohnCena
August 3rd, 2015 at 2:26:21 PM permalink
Lemme guess. You're gonna vote for the dumbazz lesiban Hillary right? Lemme guess u alreadyy voted for that crackhead Obama right?

Just save yourself some trouble and come to your senses my brotha. u talking about some old poll but obvously didn't read that poll I just showed u because that poll showed the Trumpster had a very high approval rating. Don't do something stupid and vote for that lesbian Hillary!
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
August 3rd, 2015 at 2:51:45 PM permalink

Lemme guess. You're gonna vote for the dumbazz lesiban Hillary right? Lemme guess u alreadyy voted for that crackhead Obama right?

Just save yourself some trouble and come to your senses my brotha. u talking about some old poll but obvously didn't read that poll I just showed u because that poll showed the Trumpster had a very high approval rating. Don't do something stupid and vote for that lesbian Hillary!

No that shows that Trump has a high enough approval rating to be winning amongst the pool of nominees but here is his numbers against Hilary http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/usapolls/us150722/2016July/Complete%20July%202015%20McClatchy_Marist%20Poll_2016_Tables.pdf#page=1 where Hilary leads 16 points best poll for Trump I've seen is him behind 12 points. Even against Sanders he has at least an 8 point deficit http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us07302015_U645de.pdf .
bodyforlife
bodyforlife
  • Threads: 32
August 3rd, 2015 at 3:14:29 PM permalink
I think Mark Levin summed it up quite well in his speech yesterday...“The Republican Party won the majority on a lie.” Levin argued that on every issue from Obamacare to executive amnesty to Obamatrade, the establishment Republican Party has refused to represent the interests of Americans.

Perhaps nowhere is this more acutely noticeable than on the issue of immigration.

I'll be voting for Trump also. And if he doesn't get the nomination or go 3rd party, I'll be voting for no one. And if the Democrats win, so be it. I cannot in good conscious vote for people that I feel will just remain status quo. Over the last 7 years, I have gotten nothing of what I want. If Trump does just one thing, it will be more than what I've gotten from the Republican Party. Funny thing is, all people seem to be able to do are throw insults. That's weak and shows no courage whatsoever (anyone can use insults and sarcasm...it's not like everyone of these political candidates don't have weaknesses). The people I respect, whether I agree with their viewpoint or not, are the ones that can at least have conviction and state who they're voting for and why. All these insults are just old and shows a real immaturity.
JohnCena
JohnCena
August 5th, 2015 at 3:23:42 PM permalink
Ruh roh! I really hate to brake the news to you Twirdman but another Trumpalicious poll jst came out. And guess what my brotha? The Trumpster is kicking ass and taking no prisoners! http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-donald-trump-leads-gop-field-in-2016-presidential-race/

Dont worry tho my brotha. I can get some Pepto Bismoll for you. or maybe some Tums if that doesn't work. I don't know why you and your boy ams228 keep dissin the Trumpster so much. U guys are obviously scared to death of him kicking lesbian Hillary's ass!
JohnCena
JohnCena
August 6th, 2015 at 4:14:46 AM permalink
Tonight is debate night baby! A couple months ago if you would have said I'd be excited to watch political debates I'd say you're crazy but I am very excited. Can't wait to see the Trumpster kick some ass!
Hey ams288 please leave me your address so I can send you some Tums after the debate my brotha!

Who else is gonna be watching tonight?
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 4:39:03 AM permalink

Ruh roh! I really hate to brake the news to you Twirdman but another Trumpalicious poll jst came out. And guess what my brotha? The Trumpster is kicking ass and taking no prisoners! http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-donald-trump-leads-gop-field-in-2016-presidential-race/

Dont worry tho my brotha. I can get some Pepto Bismoll for you. or maybe some Tums if that doesn't work. I don't know why you and your boy ams228 keep dissin the Trumpster so much. U guys are obviously scared to death of him kicking lesbian Hillary's ass!

Did you get your bets down for the general election?
Money talks and bs, well you know.
This early, the polls are meaningless.
The best way to evaluate is to look at the odds and what odds are set by people taking action on the race.
This is a vegas gambling board, we are all about odds
These are people willing to take bets on who will be president, they have money on the line, the odds have to be set according to reality, not wishful thinking.
Right Now Clinton is even money, Trump still a longshot 14 to 1 to 22 to 1

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winner
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
August 6th, 2015 at 5:11:05 AM permalink
If Clinton is merely even money to win it all when she is the presumptive nominee and the Republican side is a 16 person jumble makes sense. Considering both situations. However, when looking at who might win the nomination for the Republican Party, the national polls are completely and utterly meaningless. And there are several reasons for this.

1) By the time the primaries get around for most states the field is going to dwindle and change.
2) With that know, you need to know who the 2nd candidate is. Ex. If Rubio drops out, are his voters going to gravitate towards Bush, Walker, Trump, Hillary etc.
3) The first primaries are still about 6 months away. There is plenty of time for a candidate noone is thinking about to connect with people and for a favorite to figuratively step in it.
4) If you are at all going to pay attention to a poll, pay attention to what is happening in Iowa, as that is the first primary, and if history is any indicator, a good portion of the candidates will drop out of the race with sub-par showing there
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 5:58:35 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

If Clinton is merely even money to win it all when she is the presumptive nominee and the Republican side is a 16 person jumble makes sense. Considering both situations. However, when looking at who might win the nomination for the Republican Party, the national polls are completely and utterly meaningless. And there are several reasons for this.

1) By the time the primaries get around for most states the field is going to dwindle and change.
2) With that know, you need to know who the 2nd candidate is. Ex. If Rubio drops out, are his voters going to gravitate towards Bush, Walker, Trump, Hillary etc.
3) The first primaries are still about 6 months away. There is plenty of time for a candidate noone is thinking about to connect with people and for a favorite to figuratively step in it.
4) If you are at all going to pay attention to a poll, pay attention to what is happening in Iowa, as that is the first primary, and if history is any indicator, a good portion of the candidates will drop out of the race with sub-par showing there

Clinton is even money but the bookies have a democrat winning better then even money, around 4 to 6 odds
Republican nominee is longer odds, around 6 to 5 odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winning-party
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
August 6th, 2015 at 6:59:15 AM permalink

Clinton is even money but the bookies have a democrat winning better then even money, around 4 to 6 odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winning-party

These are the same bookies who just paid out on the "yes" vote in Greece's referendum because it was a sure thing..."no" won by 20%.
http://fortune.com/2015/07/06/paddy-power-greece/
http://www.ekathimerini.com/198777/article/ekathimerini/news/paddy-power-pays-out-early-on-greece-voting-yes-in-referendum
http://www.cityam.com/219213/greek-debt-crisis-referendum-result-paddy-power-pays-out-yes-vote-sunday-poll
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:18:53 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

These are the same bookies who just paid out on the "yes" vote in Greece's referendum because it was a sure thing..."no" won by 20%.
http://fortune.com/2015/07/06/paddy-power-greece/
http://www.ekathimerini.com/198777/article/ekathimerini/news/paddy-power-pays-out-early-on-greece-voting-yes-in-referendum
http://www.cityam.com/219213/greek-debt-crisis-referendum-result-paddy-power-pays-out-yes-vote-sunday-poll

There is no doubt that bookies make mistakes.
Especially unusual referendums with no voting history
No bookie is perfect.
Presidential elections are a whole different animal then a special referendum.
Lots of history to look at in regards to presidential elections
They stay in business because these events where they get the odds wrong are very rare.
I still give a lot of weight to their odds due these people have money on the line.
They set odds due to reality, not conservative wishful thinking.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
August 6th, 2015 at 8:22:52 AM permalink

I have been keeping an eye on this too. It is kind of funny that most places have the generic results democrat winning presidency at a pretty significant favorite at -140 or -150, while the republican is +120, to +130.

That democrat advantage is based on the fact if you take the states that have voted democratic each of the last 6 cycles or presidential elections (which includes two close republican wins) vs the states that have voted republican each of the last 6 cycles, the democrats start with 240 electoral votes, where the republicans start with around 190. That is saying the dems only need win about a quarter of the remaining toss up electoral votes, while the repubs need to win about 75%.

But, when you take it out of the generic data and plug in Hillary, the odds drop to closer to even. That is a problem for Hillary.

It isn't really fair to compare this data for any of the individual repub candidates vs the generic data, because no one, is the 'presumed' nominee as Hillary is with the dems.
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
August 6th, 2015 at 8:29:45 AM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

Even against Sanders he has at least an 8 point deficit http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us07302015_U645de.pdf .

It's just amazing that poll after poll show Sanders beating Trump in a general election. Let me emphasize one point: Sanders is a self-proclaimed socialist. Trump is the worst possible candidate for the GOP to pick, and yet he's the frontrunner!

Before Trump officially entered the race, Bill Clinton had a phone chat with him, and "the former president was upbeat and encouraging during the [phone] conversation." The rule of thumb is that the Clintons only do things that benefit the Clintons. So if Bill Clinton is encouraging you to run, watch out...

kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
August 6th, 2015 at 1:24:46 PM permalink
Quote: reno

It's just amazing that poll after poll show Sanders beating Trump in a general election. Let me emphasize one point: Sanders is a self-proclaimed socialist. Trump is the worst possible candidate for the GOP to pick, and yet he's the frontrunner!

Before Trump officially entered the race, Bill Clinton had a phone chat with him, and "the former president was upbeat and encouraging during the [phone] conversation." The rule of thumb is that the Clintons only do things that benefit the Clintons. So if Bill Clinton is encouraging you to run, watch out...

The Clinton-trump phone call story would be interesting if true. Do you have a link to a verifiable source? Or it is one of those "I know a guy, who has a friend who knows someone" type deals? lol.

BTW, I said quite a while ago (in this thread) that I thought Trump was really getting into the race to disrupt the republican field, as he was and is really a Hillary backer. More precisely, I think his goal or mission is to take out or severely damage Jeb Bush. He is the only one that can beat Clinton. Bush wins more than the 'normal' republican share of Latino votes and also probably wins the major swing state of Florida.

Edit: I did just read the article referencing the Trump-Clinton Phone call....Interesting, although sources from both sides say a presidential run was not discussed.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
August 6th, 2015 at 1:55:52 PM permalink
Dems should be solid favorites. They're the one's that will promise all the losers a bunch of free stuff.

"You can teach a man to fish, but he'll vote for the guy (or gal) that gives him a fish."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 6th, 2015 at 2:33:19 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I think his goal or mission is to take out or severely damage Jeb Bush. He is the only one that can beat Clinton.

Now that's funny!

Hillary has never won a competitive election in her life. She never succeeded in any job she held. Yeah, she is a shoe-in unless it is Jeb!

Obama is already starting to torpedo Hillary. No love lost there. Wonder if the FBI will try to arrest her during the debate?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 3:09:49 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Hillary has never won a competitive election in her life.

So what?
So you have to win a competitive race to run for President?
Trump has never won an election in his life.
so what?
I guess you were against IKE for President . I like Ike, do you?

What happened to the AZ giving good solid logical arguments from the right?

Your reasoning has become absurd. But then I am a Dali fan so I enjoy seeing you grasp at straws.
Do you enjoy the absurd such as stating Libs are afraid of Trump when time and time again on this board libs say they are NOT afraid of Trump

By the way, 4 months before the 2000 NY senate race, Clinton and Lazio were polling neck and neck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_New_York%2C_2000
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 6th, 2015 at 3:39:01 PM permalink

So what?
So you have to win a competitive race to run for President?
Trump has never won an election in his life.
so what?
I guess you were against IKE for President . I like Ike, do you?

It helps to say someone will win if they show they have won in the past. Hillary has had every election or job she has had handed to her on a platter. She has at best been undistinguished (Senate) and at worst been a disaster (Hillarycare, SoS.) She is not likable. She cannot think strategically. She cannot get things done.

Trump and Ike did not win elections, that is true. However, Trump knows how to build a brand and build consensus. Ike knew how to lead and persuade millions. Hillary knows and does neither. Trump and Ike came up thru the trenches. Hillary gives off the impression of the boss who barely leaves their office.

Quote:

What happened to the AZ giving good solid logical arguments from the right?

He is here, though more over at DT.

Quote:

Do you enjoy the absurd such as stating Libs are afraid of Trump when time and time again on this board libs say they are NOT afraid of Trump

I think libs are afraid of Trump. He is a total wild card at the moment. He does not act like a regular pol. Libs have hoped for a dull Jeb/Hillary race from the start. Same as McCain, libs praise Jeb now only to turn the day after the nomination. Trump is upsetting this. Trump is showing that people do not want amnesty nor lots of other things our two-headed system says they do.

Trump is the kind of guy manly men want to follow. Not like Obama/Hillary/Jeb/others who a feminized USA is supposed to want to lead. Heck, the reason Trump gets a lot of the attention he gets is because the guy *is* manly. Liberals do not like manly leaders or manliness in general for the most part.

Quote:

By the way, 4 months before the 2000 NY senate race, Clinton and Lazio were polling neck and neck.

I lived in NY at the time. Lazio ran a horrible campaign. In a deep blue state he was likely never going to win, but at least he could have traveled north of the Tap. (Tapan Zee Bridge for those of you not from NY)
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 6th, 2015 at 3:39:27 PM permalink

Hillary has never won a competitive election in her life.

She beat Obama in the Ohio primary in 2008. Obama went on to win Ohio in the general (twice).

But I'm sure things have majorly changed in the past 8 years for those Ohio voters. I'm sure they have soured on her because of Benghazi, her Blackberry only allowing one email address, her age, or some other fake non-issue.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 3:45:13 PM permalink

I think libs are afraid of Trump. He is a total wild card at the moment. He does not act like a regular pol. Libs have hoped for a dull Jeb/Hillary race from the start. Same as McCain, libs praise Jeb now only to turn the day after the nomination.

You truly do live in a fantasy land. Libs are afraid of Trump and secretly want Jeb? Pure nonsense.

Jeb is one of the right's only hopes. And yet they crap on him constantly. The day after he gets the nomination, they will start worshipping him and pretend the last year of trashing him didn't happen.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 6th, 2015 at 3:48:53 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

You truly do live in a fantasy land. Libs are afraid of Trump and secretly want Jeb? Pure nonsense.

Jeb is one of the right's only hopes. And yet they crap on him constantly. The day after he gets the nomination, they will start worshipping him and pretend the last year of trashing him didn't happen.

You prove it here yourself. You keep praising Jeb. If you thought Jeb was a strong candidate you would say the only hope is Trump,

I mean, Libs need to nominate Bernie. He is their best chance. Hillary can't win but Bernie's message will resonate with white males, who the Dems need to win.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 6th, 2015 at 3:52:30 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

But I'm sure things have majorly changed in the past 8 years for those Ohio voters. I'm sure they have soured on her because of Benghazi, her Blackberry only allowing one email address, her age, or some other fake non-issue.

When the 3:00 AM phone call came she said, "blame it on a YouTube video and let me go back to sleep,"
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 3:56:45 PM permalink

I think libs are afraid of Trump.

Where do you get this from?
Post after post by libs here say they are not afraid of Trump.
Can you even point to a post in this thread where a lib has stated they are afraid of Trump.

So if I say I am not afraid of trump here, I am lying?
If all the libs here say they are not afraid of Trump, they are lying?

This is so absurd, but then I am a Dali Fan
Are you a Dali fan, that might explain it :-)
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 3:58:31 PM permalink

You prove it here yourself. You keep praising Jeb. If you thought Jeb was a strong candidate you would say the only hope is Trump,

More nonsense.

You actually think I'd say Jeb is the stronger candidate just because I secretly think he's weaker?

That's honestly hilarious.

Who do you think is reading these message boards? They don't have that far of a reach....

I can say what I honestly think and not have to worry about tainting the electorate.

lol
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 4:00:52 PM permalink

Can you even point to a post in this thread where a lib has stated they are afraid of Trump.

So if I say I am not afraid of trump here, I am lying?
If all the libs here say they are not afraid of Trump, they are lying?

I'm beginning to think he really believes that there is some massive coverup amongst liberals to hide their "fear" of Trump. Or he's just trolling us. But I'm honestly going with option 1 for the moment....
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 6th, 2015 at 4:01:31 PM permalink

So because they say they are not afraid of Trump means they really are not afraid of him? They have to post "I am afraid of Trump" for it to actually be true? People always tell the real truth?

If a person at the poker table says they have AA in the hole they for sure have it? Really?
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 4:03:20 PM permalink
Here is the current AZ logic.
Libs post over and over they are NOT afraid of Trump, therefore according to AZ logic, libs are afraid of Trump LOL
AZ has posted time and time again that he is against gay marriage
According to your logic, you really support gay marriage.
Of course I don't really believe you believe that, but using the latest AZ logic, maybe its true :-)
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 4:08:05 PM permalink
Donald Trump's potential attack lines against the other candidates that he prepped with for the debate have leaked and MSNBC is gloriously reading them off.

It will be fascinating to see if Trump actually uses these lines tonight during the debate.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 6th, 2015 at 4:20:17 PM permalink

Here is the current AZ logic.
Libs post over and over they are NOT afraid of Trump, therefore according to AZ logic, libs are afraid of Trump LOL
AZ has posted time and time again that he is against gay marriage
According to your logic, you really support gay marriage.
Of course I don't really believe you believe that, but using the latest AZ logic, maybe its true :-)

Not exactly. Libs keep saying "Trump will cost you the election. Trump will kill your "brand,"

Now, if this was true then this would be the last thing a lib would be saying. They would sit back and let it happen.

Meanwhile, Hillary keeps fading. Dems have no bench behind her. The best part is that the GOP is barely attacking her, it is all self-inflicted.
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 4:38:06 PM permalink
AZ, I think you're projecting.

By your own logic that you've just highlighted, you aren't going to say what you honestly think here....

So you keep saying Hillary is a weak candidate and will lose.

That means you think she is a threat and will win.

It's okay to admit you're afraid of her. You should be.
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 4:47:41 PM permalink

Not exactly. Libs keep saying "Trump will cost you the election. Trump will kill your "brand,"

Now, if this was true then this would be the last thing a lib would be saying. They would sit back and let it happen.

Your logic is absurd.

That is like saying Libs cannot say that republicans need to attract latinos to win the election.
This is actually true, but we cant say it, we just have to sit back and let it happen that they lose the latino vote and keep silent.
lol. absurd

I am making a statement
Republicans need to attract Hispanic votes to win the election.
Are you seriously saying that libs are not allowed to examine republican politics and determine what would help the right.
rxwine
rxwine
August 6th, 2015 at 5:40:30 PM permalink
Washington Post is picking Carly Fiorina for early debate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/will-carly-fiorina-be-able-to-break-out-after-her-shining-debate-performance/2015/08/06/477c0de0-3c8a-11e5-8e98-115a3cf7d7ae_story.html
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 6:12:23 PM permalink
Wow
debate?
1st question isn't even a question, its to criticize Trump.
Brett Baier just went after Donald Trump with the knives out in the open.
After asking Trump about a pledge not to run an independent campaign, he said Clinton would win due to Trump
Interesting.
foxnews going after Trump.

Wow, Megan going after Trump, she cares more about twitter posts then policy. LOL
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 6:13:25 PM permalink
Fiorina is very well spoken. Not surprising to see she did well. I disagree with her on just about every issue and would never vote for her, but I think she'd be a strong VP pick for whoever the nominee is.
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 6:15:10 PM permalink
Who is the lighting director of this debate? Yeesh. Terrible lighting.

Brett Baier makes John Boehner's skin tone look normal.
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 6:22:03 PM permalink
Huck asked how he can win when the majority believe in abortion and gay marriage.
Instead of answering the question, how can he be elected, he goes on an anti abortion rant lol

Overall, a lot of tough hard questions from Fox :-)

Chris Wallace just went after Trump. Huck didn't really answer the question yet he was not called on it
Chris just called Trump out, "you did not answer my question, I'll give you 30 more seconds"
JohnCena
JohnCena
August 6th, 2015 at 6:29:44 PM permalink

Did you get your bets down for the general election?
Money talks and bs, well you know.
This early, the polls are meaningless.
The best way to evaluate is to look at the odds and what odds are set by people taking action on the race.
This is a vegas gambling board, we are all about odds
These are people willing to take bets on who will be president, they have money on the line, the odds have to be set according to reality, not wishful thinking.
Right Now Clinton is even money, Trump still a longshot 14 to 1 to 22 to 1

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winner

Brotha please! I'd love to take your money but guess what? It is a CRIME to bet on the presdential election. Why are you trying to encourage me to commit a CRIME? Thats entrapment my brotha!
  • Jump to: