Snap judgements based on the first half hour:

Bush - career politician, boring answers
Trump - saying the same old stuff he's been saying, nothing new
Carson - deer in the headlights
Rubio - doing pretty good, looks Presidential
Cruz - mentally unstable, very calm and quiet and scary
Huckabee - cuckoo bird
Christie - Republicans hate him, he's not doing anything to win them over
Kasich - major home field advantage, answers are average so far but crowd eats them up
Paul - typical Rand Paul, nothing special tonight
Walker - What a creeper - hard to believe some think he has a chance...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
August 6th, 2015 at 6:33:34 PM permalink
Quote: JohnCena

Brotha please! I'd love to take your money but guess what? It is a CRIME to bet on the presdential election. Why are you trying to encourage me to commit a CRIME? Thats entrapment my brotha!

Its an international audience here.
As far as I know, you could be sipping a pint in your local pub in the old country :-)
How long have you been here?
Action between members regarding the elections has been openly discussed here.
Chill
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 6:35:51 PM permalink
Fox going after Trump again.
Instead of asking Kasich a question , they want him to comment on Trumps absurd statements lol
JohnCena
JohnCena
  • Threads: 1
August 6th, 2015 at 6:37:03 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

You truly do live in a fantasy land. Libs are afraid of Trump and secretly want Jeb? Pure nonsense.

Jeb is one of the right's only hopes. And yet they crap on him constantly. The day after he gets the nomination, they will start worshipping him and pretend the last year of trashing him didn't happen.

So there you are ams! Don't go runnin away my brotha! You scared to death that the Trumpster is gonna your lesbian Hillarys ass!!!!
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 6:39:26 PM permalink
Rand Paul vs Chris Christie, some fireworks. getting heated between these 2
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 6:45:50 PM permalink
Megan tried to catch Walker with a gotcha question, name a country in the middle east that is not our ally that we should seek help from
Of course he didn't name one, just droned on that we have to support the allies
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 6:50:00 PM permalink
Trump is speaking and Rand Paul cant restrain himself, has to talk over Trump even though its Trumps time.
Now Kasich trying to talk over Trump
Its obvious, Rand cant stand Trump
JohnCena
JohnCena
August 6th, 2015 at 6:51:21 PM permalink
Please no one wants that fat ass Christie. And Rand Pauls acting very very gay.

Just wise up and vote Trump my brotha!!
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 6:52:37 PM permalink
OMG, Carson wants a tax system based on tithing?????????
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 6th, 2015 at 7:01:04 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

OMG, Carson wants a tax system based on tithing?????????

Carson is having a disastrous night. I predict he'll be one of the first to drop out of the race.
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 7:02:00 PM permalink

And Rand Pauls acting very very gay.

Please describe how he is "acting gay."
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:02:40 PM permalink
Carson a littlie out there, well, maybe a lot out there.
He stated that Clinton will not win the Democratic Nomination?????????????
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:10:54 PM permalink
Chris Christie vs Huck on Social Security

Interesting, Christie makes some good sense, Huck, I have no idea how he would fix the system lol He just rants
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:12:00 PM permalink
Wow, Chris Wallace to Trump "you're lying" regarding bankruptcies

Trumps comeback, "Chris you're living in a fantasy world" lol
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:17:37 PM permalink
Interesting, Fiorina and Perry getting face time on the big stage from video recordings showing a response regarding the Iran deal
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
August 6th, 2015 at 7:20:15 PM permalink

Carson is having a disastrous night. I predict he'll be one of the first to drop out of the race.

The few times I've seen Carson, he's been pretty soft spoken. He could win a debate in a library maybe.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:20:30 PM permalink
Huck ranting on the Iran deal
I get the feeling this guy has a short temper.
He needs to dial it down a bit, comes off as a war monger
JohnCena
JohnCena
August 6th, 2015 at 7:22:13 PM permalink

Please describe how he is "acting gay."

Don't try to change the subjecdt brotha. You love to talk about anything but the Trumpster baby!!
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 7:28:10 PM permalink

Don't try to change the subjecdt brotha. You love to talk about anything but the Trumpster baby!!

Your boy Trump ain't doing so hot in this debate.
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:30:27 PM permalink
Bush and Trump making nice nice
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:35:00 PM permalink
Seems that Carson is the forgotten candidate.
Overall the impression I get is that he has gotten the least amount of face time of all the candidates.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 6th, 2015 at 7:37:43 PM permalink
JohnCena,

What ams is getting at is that this board, in general, does not appreciate people being labeled as "lesbian" or "gay" as derogative comments (or other words referring to people's sexuality). You've labeled Hillary Clinton as "lesbian" at least 5 times in this thread, and now you're labeling Rand Paul as "gay", each time as a derogative characterization not necessary to the conversation. It is reminiscent of childhood bullying for many of us, and has previously led to suspensions and nuking when directed against other members. You've been just inside - technically - the rules on this so far, which is why I haven't issued a warning or suspension. But since you continue to do it, and don't take a hint from another member, I will ask you to stop including those types of references in your posts. Thanks.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:38:26 PM permalink
Somebody posted this on Twitter
I was wrong on Carson, its Rand being screwed

PBS Time:Trump 7:32
Bush 5:42
Huck 4:50
Christie 4:33
Rubio 4:01
Carson 3:35
Crz 3:27
Kas 3:25
Walker 3:16
Paul 2:52
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 7:40:33 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

JohnCena,

What ams is getting at is that this board, in general, does not appreciate people being labeled as "lesbian" or "gay" as derogative comments (or other words referring to people's sexuality). You've labeled Hillary Clinton as "lesbian" at least 5 times in this thread, and now you're labeling Rand Paul as "gay", each time as a derogative characterization not necessary to the conversation. It is reminiscent of childhood bullying for many of us, and has previously led to suspensions and nuking when directed against other members. You've been just inside - technically - the rules on this so far, which is why I haven't issued a warning or suspension. But since you continue to do it, and don't take a hint from another member, I will ask you to stop including those types of references in your posts. Thanks.

Thanks BB
I totally agree
JohnCena
JohnCena
August 6th, 2015 at 8:11:29 PM permalink
So he can shamelessly insult my guy Trump but I can't insutl his little Hillary? whatever
ams288
ams288
August 6th, 2015 at 8:12:49 PM permalink
I think this debate is the beginning of the end of Trump's reign at the top of the polls. Or at least, they will start to tighten and his lead will shrink.

He offered nothing new. His performance was nothing special. And that first question about a 3rd party run doesn't make him look good to any Republican who actually wants to win the election next year.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 6th, 2015 at 8:16:33 PM permalink
Trump getting a lot of time was not a good thing for him. I don't think he came off well and I see his support waning after this debate.
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2015 at 8:16:58 PM permalink

So he can shamelessly insult my guy Trump but I can't insutl his little Hillary? whatever

Look up evenbobs posts regarding Hillary.
Insulting Hillary is fine.
Evenbob does it all the time.

You just come close to crossing a line
JohnCena
JohnCena
August 6th, 2015 at 8:32:40 PM permalink
bullcrap he called my man Trump a clown and a cancer!
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 6th, 2015 at 8:35:00 PM permalink

Its an international audience here.
As far as I know, you could be sipping a pint in your local pub in the old country :-)
How long have you been here?
Action between members regarding the elections has been openly discussed here.
Chill

I hope it's not illegal? I think I may have a bet with the founder on HRC's outcome?
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
August 6th, 2015 at 8:53:31 PM permalink
My thoughts following the debate (I only watched the prime time debate)

Trump - Done, at least as far a republican candidate.

Ben Carson - Done. He is in over his head. Looked lost.

Rand Paul - Done. He is just a weird little man.

Cruz - Done. Born in Canada can someone explain how he is qualified to be president. (no Obama birther comments please). This is a serious question.

Hucklbee - he will hang around but he has no shot.

The two guys that really helped themselves were Rubio and John Kasich. I think they are both top 3 finalists.

One, top tier guy that hurt himself was Scott Walker. Not going to say "Done" as I did with others, but he is going to need a much better performance next time.

Chris Christie, did OK. I think he put himself back into the race, but is still a very longshot.

Jeb Bush. Very Flat. Pretty much the way his whole campaign has been. He is not going anywhere, as he has a crap load of money, but he is looking awkward and just seems to have little personality. I guess George W got all the personality.

Rubio is a young, good looking, smart guy, who speaks well. He is very likeable and in this era of 24 hour TV and internet I think this is a huge deal. Both Obama and George W, regardless of what you think of their policies are likable. I see that in Rubio. Most certainly haven't seen that in Jeb.

I say final 3 guys standing will be Kasich, Rubio and Jeb Bush (because Bush has so much money).

Prediction at this early stage, I think Rubio wins the nomination. But I think I am pulling for Kasich. In a general election, Kasich might be someone I could vote for. I want to take a further look at him.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
August 6th, 2015 at 9:39:36 PM permalink

Donald Trump's potential attack lines against the other candidates that he prepped with for the debate have leaked and MSNBC is gloriously reading them off.

Trump said he was not prepping for the debate. More delusions?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
August 6th, 2015 at 10:10:46 PM permalink
The whole debate was an assault on Trump. I believe people can see this for what it is. No serious questions were asked of him and well over 50% were demeaning to start.
Trump is not a politician. I like him because he is real and is laying it on the line trying to make some change. This country has nit had that kind of committment since Kennedy. He also equates to the successful business men, laying it on the line, that founded our country and were considered terrorists by England.
I believe he is doing it for his heirs and legacy. The media is no longer a free press as evidenced by tonight's FOX debacle.
This country can only benefit from a man with Trumps conviction. We desparately need change. He has published his stance on many issues affecting us all and has been unwavering in his committment to common sense on alot of issues. He doesn't need to do this nor does he want to, he has to.
I wish him luck.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
August 6th, 2015 at 11:06:37 PM permalink
I can't say that I agree with much of what you said MaxPen, other than the fact that Fox News did go out of their way to attack Trump and make him look bad. Opening with that question was pretty low and unprofessional. And frankly it is just the type of thing that he warned against. He said if he felt he wasn't being treated fairly, he might run third party and Fox opens the debate treating him pretty unfairly. I am sure that was at the very least with the blessing of the RNC and just the kind of thing they might be sorry for if he runs third party. No one and I mean no one holds a grudge like Trump. lol
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
August 6th, 2015 at 11:12:13 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I can't say that I agree with much of what you said MaxPen, other than the fact that Fox News did go out of their way to attack Trump and make him look bad. Opening with that question was pretty low and unprofessional. And frankly it is just the type of thing that he warned against. He said if he felt he wasn't being treated fairly, he might run third party and Fox opens the debate treating him pretty unfairly. I am sure that was at the very least with the blessing of the RNC and just the kind of thing they might be sorry for if he runs third party. No one and I mean no one holds a grudge like Trump. lol

The list of topics they covered sounds mostly like all the issues he has brought on himself while he has been running.

He has been a public figure for a long time. All kinds of stuff is fair game.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
August 6th, 2015 at 11:33:23 PM permalink
I thought nearly every question was designed to demean, spin people onto the defensive, or re-open old wounds. I don't think that's particularly good moderation. They weren't looking for a serious conversation; they were looking for sound bytes and reactions.

I think Kasich, Rubio, and Christie won in that order. I can see claiming Rubio won, but he's so repulsive to me as my smarmy Senator that I'm not willing to give him the victory. I wanted to see a little more statesman out of Christie and a little less attack dog, but I don't think he seriously hurt himself.

I think the question that hurt Trump the worst was the callous disregard he had for those who got screwed in his bankruptcies. Follow that closely with his disparaging comments about women and blowing Megan Kelly off; he's going to have to go independent, I think, because he insulted too many people with that. He might have gotten off a couple of jabs, but I don't think he came off well.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
August 6th, 2015 at 11:39:30 PM permalink

You need to read what I said again, please. In short: If you want to insult a candidate, feel free to do so, but we'd prefer you not use sexuality labels to do so. That is an issue here, not of your making, but you're new, so I'm telling you it's a problem. What you do in response is up to you.
ams288
ams288
August 7th, 2015 at 3:51:17 AM permalink
Serious question: is John Kasich too "liberal" to win a Republican primary? Seems like he didn't play to the base enough and gave real answers. He defended his decision to expand Medicare in Ohio when the FOX moderators basically let him know that they feel that was treasonous.
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2015 at 4:04:03 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

You need to read what I said again, please. In short: If you want to insult a candidate, feel free to do so, but we'd prefer you not use sexuality labels to do so. That is an issue here, not of your making, but you're new, so I'm telling you it's a problem. What you do in response is up to you.

I think Johncena is one of those posters that once the sexuality label is unable to be used for insults, he is at a loss on how to insult.
Again, check out evenbobs Hillary posts and learn from him.
He hates Clinton, constantly insults her here but he does not go the sexual label route.

As to the overall feeling I get from the debates.
I don't think they changed anything.
My prediction
Trump will continue to lead and nobody is dropping out.
The money backers these guys got and its so so so early, no way somebody is dropping out.

I have a feeling Roger Ailes instructions to the panel is ask hard questions and go after Trump.
RonC
RonC
August 7th, 2015 at 4:52:23 AM permalink
I'm glad they went hard at Trump. The frontrunner is almost always subject to the most scrutiny; the question is how that person deals with it or if they find any skeletons in the closet.

There is a major problem with any candidate who says that a third party campaign is possible. Both parties have examples where a third party candidate may have helped elect the other party's candidate int he general election. That is an undesirable outcome for the party. Maybe someday a third party will be viable but it is not a thing that will work now.

The whole point of the Republican primary season is to nominate a Republican to compete in the general election; hopefully, a conservative one. Donald Trump is running a campaign with a lot of declarations and not much meat and potatoes. He'll need to add that soon and we will see what happens.

Of course, Trump as a third party candidate is a wonderful idea if you are a Democrat.

It's still way early...but I am enjoying getting started in the process!!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 7th, 2015 at 5:32:13 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Of course, Trump as a third party candidate is a wonderful idea if you are a Democrat.

It's still way early...but I am enjoying getting started in the process!!

Doubt it happens. Trump is having a summer fling. Playing with the media and scaring liberals. I doubt he would lay out the cash and effort to make an indie run.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ams288
ams288
August 7th, 2015 at 5:49:36 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Doubt it happens. Trump is having a summer fling. Playing with the media and scaring liberals. I doubt he would lay out the cash and effort to make an indie run.

Yep, after last night's debate performance, liberals are shaking in their boots over Trump.

/sarcasm
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2015 at 6:18:42 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Reality
Libs are eating popcorn while watching Trump.
What does maybe scare us is if he drops out, then everything becomes boring
Trump is the most entertaining political candidate since "The rent is too damm high" candidate.
It doesn't really take a lot of cash to make an indie run.
Most money is spent on TV ads to get the message out.
The media , and they love Trump, will make sure his message gets out for free

Now somebody like Kasich, who is right but leans center, could give a Dem a tight race
Problem is the republican primary system works against a candidate leaning towards the center.
RonC
RonC
August 7th, 2015 at 6:27:27 AM permalink

Reality
Libs are eating popcorn while watching Trump.
What does maybe scare us is if he drops out, then everything becomes boring
Trump is the most entertaining political candidate since "The rent is too damm high" candidate.
It doesn't really take a lot of cash to make an indie run.
Most money is spent on TV ads to get the message out.
The media , and they love Trump, will make sure his message gets out for free

Now somebody like Kasich, who is right but leans center, could give a Dem a tight race
Problem is the republican primary system works against a candidate leaning towards the center.

Funny. A liberal again telling us who can run and give the dems a contest.

I'm sorry...the Republicans problem has been running less and less conservative folks instead of ones that are true to conservative principles. There will always need to be some compromises but you can't start off compromised. This advice serves the Dems well...and that is why the left keeps telling the right who they should run.

I have an idea--you guys pick your candidate, let us pick ours and we'll go from there!

I believe you have said before that you are/were a Republican at some point and maybe still are, but it isn't like you really want a Republican to win based on your comments.

I'm a Republican and I really want a non-RINO Republican to win the Presidency. Beyond that, I am not sure what I want, because we elected a Republican House and Senate and the leaders those members elected are RINOs (and we knew they were). They will do as much damage as the Dems if they don't change their ways.
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2015 at 6:50:05 AM permalink

I have an idea--you guys pick your candidate, let us pick ours and we'll go from there!

I look at politics as entertainment. chill out.

I work hard, no handouts.
Bottom line is national politics really has no affect on my life.
Far left President, Conservative right President, Trump as president, Mickey Mouse as President.
Regardless, I ride my bike to work, camp in my RV at music festivals, take a couple trips to Vegas every year.
My life goes on as it always will regardless who is president.

If you don't like Libs rating the candidates on the right, fine, don't read my posts, block me.
Its just absurd that you have a problem with libs evaluating candidates on the right.

I have a vote to exercise in the Florida Republican primary.
I am a Florida registered republican voter.
I have the legal right to be involved in the process to pick the Republican nominee due to my vote
ams288
ams288
August 7th, 2015 at 6:52:54 AM permalink

I'm sorry...the Republicans problem has been running less and less conservative folks instead of ones that are true to conservative principles. There will always need to be some compromises but you can't start off compromised. This advice serves the Dems well...and that is why the left keeps telling the right who they should run.

No. This is not the problem. Some Republicans are just unelectable. Anyone with a minimal knowledge of politics can tell you Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, etc. will never ever be President. They are the most conservative, and the most unelectable.

You honestly think the Republicans have been running less and less conservative candidates? Huh?

Liberals aren't telling the right who they should run.... They are stating facts about who has the best chance of winning a general election.

Donald Trump is not the best candidate to win in the general. Again, this is a fact. Poll numbers are facts. His unfavorables are awful amongst independents and Dems.

I'm honestly beginning the think the righties on this board have been brainwashed into thinking there is some massive liberal conspiracy that is trying to pick the Republican candidate.

We're lying about who we are afraid of! We secretly want Jeb! We think Hillary is weak! All just insane nonsense...
RonC
RonC
August 7th, 2015 at 7:01:29 AM permalink
The closer the candidate's positions are to those of Hillary, the lower the chance of a Republican winning. That's my opinion, y'all have your opinions and that is fine. Some of things you call "facts" are not "facts" but "opinions"...
RonC
RonC
August 7th, 2015 at 7:06:49 AM permalink
The brainwashed comment is pretty insulting, but keep saying it if you want. Disagreeing with a liberal or democrat does not somehow mean you are "brainwashed"...nice way to turn a conversation into something else...
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2015 at 7:11:03 AM permalink

I used the word "could" , obviously an opinion.

Funny. A liberal again telling us who can run and give the dems a contest.

You misinterpret my comment and used the word "can" when I used "could"

The closer the candidate's positions are to those of Hillary, the lower the chance of a Republican winning. That's my opinion, y'all have your opinions and that is fine. Some of things you call "facts" are not "facts" but "opinions"...

I used "could"
obviously I was stating an opinion , not a fact.
RonC
RonC
August 7th, 2015 at 7:11:42 AM permalink

I look at politics as entertainment. chill out.

I work hard, no handouts.
Bottom line is national politics really has no affect on my life.
Far left President, Conservative right President, Trump as president, Mickey Mouse as President.
Regardless, I ride my bike to work, camp in my RV at music festivals, take a couple trips to Vegas every year.
My life goes on as it always will regardless who is president.

If you don't like Libs rating the candidates on the right, fine, don't read my posts, block me.
Its just absurd that you have a problem with libs evaluating candidates on the right.

I have a vote to exercise in the Florida Republican primary.
I am a Florida registered republican voter.
I have the legal right to be involved in the process to pick the Republican nominee due to my vote

I believe that you are wrong. National politics, the actions of those elected and unelected in Washington, do impact all of us. Yes, your life will go on but will the government waste more or less of your hard-earned tax dollars? Will they take more power from the States or not?

I am not saying that EVERY person doesn't have a right to have an opinion, but I have every right to have one, too.

I think liberals/democrats telling republicans who the best candidate is does not serve republicans at all.

Too many people think they have "facts" but they really have "opinions"...
  • Jump to: