Thread Rating:

Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
February 26th, 2016 at 2:58:47 PM permalink
Republican turnout poised to be record. Sharpton to leave country if Trump elected.

Sabertom switches support from Rubio to Trump.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
February 26th, 2016 at 3:08:38 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

It's come down do it. Even money.

I'll bet anyone even money that Trump is the next POTUS.

I'll give you 3 to 2 if you want more action.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 26th, 2016 at 3:20:14 PM permalink
Rubio was just on Fox for 12 min. Right at the top
of the show. All he did was trash Trump. He was
talking so fast I expected spittle to come flying
from his mouth. The byword now is 'conman',
Trump is a conman. He must have said it 15
times. Every question he was asked got turned
back to Trump. It was quite entertaining.

Of course this kind of thing always boomerangs
on the person doing it. If all you do is talk about
how bad the other guy is, and abandon talking
about what's right about you, it majorly turns
people off. Whoever is advising Rubio must be
out of ideas.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 26th, 2016 at 5:22:22 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'll give you 3 to 2 if you want more action.

Sure, my $50 against your $75 ?

I've already got $100 (with miplet) and a bottle of bum wine at stake, so that's as high as I can go now.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
February 26th, 2016 at 5:26:48 PM permalink
I don't know how much Trump's negatives will hurt him in the general election, but if in November I somehow only had Ted Cruz and Trump to choose from, I would choose Cruz. And I actually agree more with Trump on some things.

Guess I was never destined to be a Trumpster.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
February 26th, 2016 at 5:33:28 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump.

Did Trump get him a lifetime pass at In and Out burger?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 26th, 2016 at 6:29:06 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Did Trump get him a lifetime pass at In and Out burger?

The press was all set to savage Trump all weekend
by playing Rubio attacking him over and over.
So Trump ends that with Christie's endorsement.
Either Trump is brilliant or he has brilliant people
working for him. Probably both. Now all anybody
is talking about is Christie.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 26th, 2016 at 6:36:01 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

. Sharpton to leave country if Trump elected.

All Trump has to do is run commercials with the Good Rev saying that and he would beat a George Washington/ Abe Lincoln ticket. Al is perhaps the most hated man in America. People may not admit it because of fear, but he is hated,
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
February 26th, 2016 at 6:48:07 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Either Trump is brilliant or he has brilliant people
working for him. Probably both.

I've heard Trump called a lot of things, but "brilliant" is not one of them.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
February 26th, 2016 at 6:57:25 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

I've heard Trump called a lot of things, but "brilliant" is not one of them.

Have you read the Dilbert guy's blog about Trump? The guy is not an accident.

He is using his words in a very specific way to program our minds at a sub-conscious level. He is basically performing very large-scale hypnosis over most of the population. His perception is what he chooses it to be!

Seriously, here's an index
rxwine
rxwine
February 26th, 2016 at 7:13:38 PM permalink

He is using his words in a very specific way to program our minds at a sub-conscious level. He is basically performing very large-scale hypnosis over most of the population. His perception is what he chooses it to be!

"Most."

Yes probably. I find him fit not for President, but perhaps Secretary of Insults, or Ambassador to Celebrity for No Good Reason, or the Office of Bombasity, or Deputy of Facts are Anything I Say Ignore Anything else.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 26th, 2016 at 7:47:46 PM permalink

Sharpton to leave country if Trump elected.

Plz one time
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
February 26th, 2016 at 7:48:04 PM permalink

"Most."

Yes probably. I find him fit not for President, but perhaps Secretary of Insults, or Ambassador to Celebrity for No Good Reason, or the Office of Bombasity, or Deputy of Facts are Anything I Say Ignore Anything else.

What Trump says goes. He is IN CHARGE!

We're going to make America great again, you guys!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 26th, 2016 at 8:09:28 PM permalink

..Sharpton to leave country if Trump elected...

I'll vote for that!!
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
rxwine
rxwine
February 26th, 2016 at 8:19:04 PM permalink
I'm surprised Sharpton said that. He knows there's plenty of people who would buy the postage and help him into a mailbox at the drop of a hat.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 26th, 2016 at 8:22:10 PM permalink
Can we send that other scumbag Jesse Jackson with him?
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Boz
Boz
February 27th, 2016 at 3:22:57 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Can we send that other scumbag Jesse Jackson with him?

No, he has to be here to visit his former Congressman son in jail.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 27th, 2016 at 4:24:00 AM permalink
Charisma counts. I know there are all kinds of theories about Trump's rise to the position he is in, but I think we find the answer in the current President. No, they may not be the same but there are similarities in the "how" of them getting to their current positions. Trump may or may not win from here in and become President, but they got to this point not through smoke and mirrors or anything of that sort...though most of their stances on policy ARE filled with smoke and mirrors.

They got to where they are because both of them have charisma in a much greater amount than their opponents.

Charisma--compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.

Obama faced pretty bland opponents and beat them not with what he convinced voters he would do as much as that he charmed them much better than those two totally charming opponents, McCain and Romney. He turned back Hillary in the primary; she was the anointed one then as she is now. "Hope and Change" was the thing most voters likely remember about Obama's campaign. Hillary is boring. Obama was exciting.

Here we are again. "Hope and Change" was less than wildly successful (except for a few who believe Obama is the greatest thing since sliced bread, even many Democrats have been less than satisfied with his Presidency) and we have Trump's version of "Hope and Change"--we're going to make America great again. Like Obama, he is more inspiring than informing when he is talking. I am not really sure what he is going to do based on listening to him talk; he is going to fix everything but there is no real plan on how he is going to do it...

Anyway, the other thing I have heard about both from their opposition is things comparing their rise to power to that of other charismatic leaders. The difference is that we aren't those other countries; we have a much stronger Constitution and no President can do whatever he pleases. Sure some will push the limits, but the bottom line is that there are limits.

We'll see what happens...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 27th, 2016 at 4:27:43 AM permalink

It's come down do it. Even money.

I'll bet anyone even money that Trump is the next POTUS.

If you are still taking bets.... $50?

Edit.... I see Wiz gave you odds....
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
February 27th, 2016 at 7:32:20 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If you are still taking bets.... $50?

Edit.... I see Wiz gave you odds....

Yep I am done taking action, assuming it's on with the Wiz (still waiting for his confirmation but I'm assuming it is).
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
February 27th, 2016 at 7:35:44 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

They got to where they are because both of them have charisma in a much greater amount than their opponents.

Ain't that the truth. Watching Triump (the Insult Comic Dog) Election Special 2016 I saw more of Cruz speaking than I have so far up to this point (I mostly just watch clips from the debates and not the whole thing). Holy crap he sounds like a used car salesman. Just dripping with sleaze. The part where Triumph is reading his canned speech to Iowa voters along with him is great..."Now I want all of you to vote 10 times...no, I'm not saying to commit voter fraud, we're not DEMOCRATS (har har har har), but if you go out and convince 10 of your friends to vote for me, it's like you've voted 11 times!"

I cannot in any way imagine trying to convince anyone to vote for Cruz. Trump is alpha AF.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
February 27th, 2016 at 8:03:15 AM permalink
If Trump wants to "make America great again", then he apparently thinks it's not great *now*. And since he's the Republican frontrunner, apparently most Republicans feel the same way. So, why do Republicans hate America?
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
Boz
Boz
February 27th, 2016 at 8:18:28 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

If Trump wants to "make America great again", then he apparently thinks it's not great *now*. And since he's the Republican frontrunner, apparently most Republicans feel the same way. So, why do Republicans hate America?

Your asking two different things. We don't hate America but I sure don't like how it's going. Not sure how anyone can if you look at our debt and many of our cities. People on both sides should be concerned.
Boz
Boz
February 27th, 2016 at 8:22:47 AM permalink
And a new report today that 45% of Americans will not pay any Federal Income taxes this year. Again how can anyone on either side think that is "Great"?
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
February 27th, 2016 at 8:52:51 AM permalink

Me thinks you're intentionally being difficult.

I could analyze this for you, but you're obviously smarter than that. That's trolling by my def.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
February 27th, 2016 at 10:28:52 AM permalink

I think you are intentionally being difficult. It is possible to love something and not agree with the path it is taking. Do you have kids? If so, do you love them? Do they blindly do everything you tell them to do and how they should do it? If not, do you love them anyway?

For me, my support in Trumps direction (honestly I think Kasich is the best candidate, but he has zero chance of winning the nomination) is rooted in the fact, that I have always wanted a businessman run the government. The government is a cesspool of waste and inefficiency. IMO I want somebody to come in there, cut costs, and still allow it to function, and give what is saved back to the taxpayers. I could get on board with Bernie if he wasn't gonna reinvest it back in the government because IMO no matter how efficiently he would be able to run it during his 4-8 years. we would once again go down the slippery slope towards inefficiency.

That said, I tend to vote Republican, because I look at Democratic strongholds throughout the country who have had Liberalism run unopposed for a generation or more, like LA, New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, Houston (island of blue in a red state), Philly, DC, Boston and I find many of those cities to be unmitigated s#$%holes. Now, each of them have their nice areas, and by and large downtown is nice, but the schools suck, the police suck, the the hospitals with a few exceptions suck, the roads suck and on and down the line
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Feb 27, 2016
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 27th, 2016 at 10:38:27 AM permalink

Republicans don't "hate" America. Democrats don't "hate" America. Those stupid phrases about this or that party "hating" America are absolutely worthless. Obama promised to make America better. Every candidate does. Some (most, many, whatever applies) Americans think that we aren't as good as we could be. Perhaps one could say they shouldn't say "Make America Great Again" because it is already great. It truly is. It is just a slogan, on that versions of have been used in most campaigns by one or more of the candidates. Seeing "hate" in it from either party is just "baiting" them into arguing about it; the idea of all candidates is to make America better according to their vision for America,

It is the vision, not the slogan.

Clearly, we could list a few accomplishments of both Democrats and Republicans who have been President. Some aren't considered accomplishments by the other party. We don't all agree on how we should move forward. We clearly have not figured out immigration, poverty, health care, taxes, education, employment, foreign affairs, etc.

Take employment. Democrats say the unemployment rate is low. It is, at least as it has been measured for years. The concern of most (including Democrats who have shitty low-paying jobs that they can't improve on) is that true employment and salaries have not gone anywhere for a while. Those Democrats are hurting, but they believe their candidate can help them or they will vote for the other one. The Republicans think the Democrat who is President has not helped. Somehow, there must be a way to make employment in America great again. No one saying that hates America.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2016 at 11:11:27 AM permalink

Where do you get the giant leap from
wanting to be great again, to hating
America? If you want your country to
be great, you love it, not hate it. You
want the best for it.

Somebody was comparing hope and
change and Obama and Trump. The
huge difference between the two is,
Obama clearly doesn't care what people
think about him or what he does. And
Trump cares very much what people
think. You don't put your name on
hotels and office and apartment buildings,
and golf courses, if you aren't concerned
about your image. So Trump will at least
try to get things done just for the sake
of his image. The guy is a workaholic, he's
always moving.
rxwine
rxwine
February 27th, 2016 at 11:47:11 AM permalink

You don't put your name on
hotels and office and apartment buildings,
and golf courses, if you aren't concerned
about your image. So Trump will at least
try to get things done just for the sake
of his image.

Well, he defends his image, which is actually different than doing things. (and dictators put their name and image all over the place, so not sure what that means)

But I do find new tidbits of trivia about him every day.

Quote:

Trump's grandparents anglicized their name from Drumpf.

Hmm. Donald Drumpf. What's not to like?

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/donald-trump-things-you-may/2015/06/15/id/650573/#ixzz41OopsVKT
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2016 at 12:08:12 PM permalink

Well, he defends his image, which is actually different than doing things

Trump owns 7 golf courses in the US.
He visits them frequently. He keeps them
top notch because they all have his name
on them. He's cares very much what people
think of him, that's his brand. He doesn't just
'defend his image', he's out there actually
doing things to keep it intact.

As far as releasing his taxes, somebody
pointed out that Trump owns all of
or part of over 500 companies under
the Trump Organization name. His tax
returns are a monumental thing, when
he does release them, we won't understand
them anyway. Rubio and Cruz send their
taxes in an envelope. Trump uses a truck
by comparison.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 27th, 2016 at 12:14:43 PM permalink
Donald Trump will never release his tax returns.

I can guarantee that.

He doesn't people to know how much (or little) he is truly worth.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2016 at 12:33:48 PM permalink

He doesn't people to know how much (or little) he is truly worth.

Do you file taxes? Can people tell what your
worth from reading your tax return? They
can't from reading mine, my net worth has
nothing to do with my tax return. Neither
does Trump's. The only way to figure out
someones net worth is to go over, in detail
every property, every business, every holding.
Forbes has tried that and they guess Trump
is worth 4.5 billion. Trump claims to be worth
twice that.

One problem is, The Trump Organization is a
privately owned multinational conglomerate
and not a publicly traded corporation. It's a
lot harder to investigate. One thing Forbes
admits is they never calculate the value of
a companies brand in it's net worth. Right
there alone Trump is worth far more than
$4.5 billion.
ams288
ams288
February 27th, 2016 at 12:46:12 PM permalink

does Trump's. The only way to figure out
twice that.

Spoken like a true Trump apologist.

I'd love to see what his income is for any given year.... I'm sure it's not as high as he'd like the world to believe.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
February 27th, 2016 at 12:56:43 PM permalink

Spoken like a true Trump apologist.

I'd love to see what his income is for any given year.... I'm sure it's not as high as he'd like the world to believe.

He could make $1 for all we know and it wouldn't matter to his net worth. His money is tied up in properties, businesses and investments. That has absolutely nothing to do with being an apologist, but rather a fairly rudimentary understanding of how taxes work.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2016 at 12:58:23 PM permalink

I'd love to see what his income is for any given year....

It's meaningless. It will be whatever he pays
himself. I knew a woman worth $20 mil.
She paid herself $75K a year thru her
company. Yet she owned and lived in
a huge house, a huge lake cottage,
and a condo in FL. She bought a new
Lincoln every two years. She traveled
frequently. It was done thru her company,
her personal income was a trickle
compared to the lifestyle she lived.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
February 27th, 2016 at 1:01:47 PM permalink

does Trump's.

Certainly true if assets do not generate taxable or even non-taxable income. If that is not the case, then it is clear just what a person's income is and what deductible expenses, including donations, are.

The only way to figure out
twice that.

In that event, it should be easy enough to produced substantiation.

One problem is, The Trump Organization is a
privately owned multinational conglomerate
and not a publicly traded corporation. It's a
lot harder to investigate.

The New Jersey Casino Control Commission was empowered to demand full disclosure of all the license holder's assets and liabilities. They do not seem to have carried out that basic function that is so important.
rxwine
rxwine
February 27th, 2016 at 1:03:26 PM permalink
Based on Donald's shaky version of what are lies about him, I'm not too excited about this following bit:

Quote:

And one of the things I'm going to do, and this is only going to make it tougher for me, and I've never said this before, but one of the things I'm going to do if I win -- and I hope I do and we're certainly leading -- is I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We're going to open up those libel laws. So that when The New York Times writes a hit piece, which is a total disgrace, or when the Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected. You see, with me, they're not protected because I'm not like other people but I'm not taking money. I'm not taking their money. So we're going to open up those libel laws folks and we're going to have people sue you like you never got sued before. We have many things to do. We have many, many things to do.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/26/trump_promises_to_open_up_libel_laws_to_take_on_new_york_times_washington_post.html
ams288
ams288
February 27th, 2016 at 1:28:58 PM permalink

It's meaningless. It will be whatever he pays
himself.

Actually, I was mostly curious as to what his salary for Celebrity Apprentice was.

Trump and Lawrence O'Donnell of MSNBC have gone back and forth for years over how much (or little) NBC paid him for that show.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
February 27th, 2016 at 1:33:00 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Republicans don't "hate" America. Democrats don't "hate" America. <big snip>

It is the vision, not the slogan.

Clearly, we could list a few accomplishments of both Democrats and Republicans who have been President. Some aren't considered accomplishments by the other party. We don't all agree on how we should move forward. We clearly have not figured out immigration, poverty, health care, taxes, education, employment, foreign affairs, etc.
<2nd big snip> Somehow, there must be a way to make employment in America great again. No one saying that hates America.

Someone tell me 'what other country has figured out the complex interactions of "immigration, poverty, healthcare, taxes, education, employment" better than the USA?' I might consider moving there. But with all our faults, nothing wrong with realizing faults, I think I will stay here for now. That does not mean there is not huge potential for improvement. That does not mean that other countries haven't 'closed the gap' in recent years. That doesn't mean.... Actually, it does mean we should continue to dream big, we can get better, even if we are still the BEST.
Just 2F
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2016 at 1:41:35 PM permalink

Actually, I was mostly curious as to what his salary for Celebrity Apprentice was.

"NBC/Universal renewed, at the upfronts this year, The Apprentice (for a 15th season), but Mr. Trump decided to turn them down in order to run for President of the United States. NBC was not happy. During the 14 seasons of The Apprentice, Mr. Trump was paid $213,606,575."

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-nbc-apprentice-payment-disclosure-2015-7

Mark Harmon makes $15 mil a year doing
NCIS. What Trump made isn't far fetched.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
February 27th, 2016 at 2:05:21 PM permalink

"NBC/Universal renewed, at the upfronts this year, The Apprentice (for a 15th season), but Mr. Trump decided to turn them down in order to run for President of the United States. NBC was not happy. During the 14 seasons of The Apprentice, Mr. Trump was paid $213,606,575."

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-nbc-apprentice-payment-disclosure-2015-7

Trump change ;-) Not to be confused with, or maybe the equivalent of, chump change, at least viewed thru Trump lenses ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
February 27th, 2016 at 2:12:47 PM permalink

Also keep in mind Trump's money includes what he gets as a producer, not just as the host of the show.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2016 at 2:22:23 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Also keep in mind Trump's money includes what he gets as a producer, not just as the host of the show.

Of course. He still owns the show and will
make money from it this year.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
February 27th, 2016 at 2:30:40 PM permalink
"So that when The New York Times writes a hit piece, which is a total disgrace, or when the Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected."I thought Republicans were against the lawsuit-happy culture?

That's a direct comment, by the way, unlike the previous one which was parody/sarcasm, which nobody seems to have picked up on. Short memories, so let me spell it out for you: During George W. Bush's presidency, when liberals were critical of his policies, right-wingers equated criticism with hate, saying, "WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?! If you don't like it here, why don't you move to another country?" It was useless trying to tell them that when you *love* something you try to make it better, that just bounced right off of them. So it's funny to see them making the same exact argument in response to my asking (sarcastically) why Republicans hate America. Short memories, or an inability to identify parody, or both.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2016 at 2:47:03 PM permalink
Press Forbidden from Filming Hillary Boarding Private Plane

http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2001305

I'm telling ya, something is seriously wrong
with her physically, and it's getting worse.
Everybody around her is talking about it.
ams288
ams288
February 27th, 2016 at 3:11:53 PM permalink

I'm telling ya, something is seriously wrong
with her physically, and it's getting worse.
Everybody around her is talking about it.

Nope.

Don't even need to ask for a source on this one... Can smell the B.S. from miles away.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2016 at 4:14:29 PM permalink

Nope.

Don't even need to ask for a source on this one... Can smell the B.S. from miles away.

It was on MSNBC, and CNN commented on it too.
It happened for sure, it's the press traveling with
her that are reporting it.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 27th, 2016 at 4:28:05 PM permalink

huh?
"it happened for sure" doesn't cut it in the internet age
source please. lol
If Hill was having some kind of physical problem, foxnews would be all over this big time
Hannity would do an hour long shows just on this subject
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
February 27th, 2016 at 4:35:15 PM permalink

Yeah... I believe the story that the Clinton campaign didn't want pictures of her getting on a private jet. They don't want her to look like a 1%-er.

But you're making the insane jump in logic that no pics of her getting on a private jet means that she's sick or something....(?)
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2016 at 5:01:52 PM permalink
Have we now entered Bizzaro World?
This can't be for real. Romney?

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-insider-leaks-koch-bros-rubio-plan-to-stop-trump/
  • Jump to: