Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
October 16th, 2012 at 12:28:48 PM permalink
With the exception of Fox News, the media is very biased towards the left. This gives many people the false impression that the president is likely going to win re-election. Even Intrade.com reflects the media bias domestically and abroad. Many people will likely be shocked when the president loses this election, since the media has been misleading them. Do you think that riots will take place in some of the black districts, like in Chicago? Will the biased media be to blame?
vert1276
vert1276
  • Threads: 70
October 16th, 2012 at 12:32:12 PM permalink
offensive content removed my management

It's OK to comment on potential for bad things to happen, but not to say "I hope so".
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
October 16th, 2012 at 12:33:10 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

With the exception of Fox News, the media is very biased towards the left. This gives many people the false impression that the president is likely going to win re-election. Even Intrade.com reflects the media bias domestically and abroad. Many people will likely be shocked when the president loses this election, since the media has been misleading them. Do you think that riots will take place in some of the black districts, like in Chicago?

It would be pretty dumb to riot if either candidate wins...That's like getting pissed off when you lose gambling...Oh wait, people do that too?
Keyser
Keyser
October 16th, 2012 at 12:34:54 PM permalink
Yes, but in some of these areas, the people tend to be "very high emotioned" and not exactly rational.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
October 16th, 2012 at 12:39:24 PM permalink

Yes, but in some of these areas, the people tend to be "very high emotioned" and not exactly rational.

In what areas exactly are people "high emotioned" and not "rational"?
Keyser
Keyser
October 16th, 2012 at 12:41:34 PM permalink
Simple, take a look at where people have been rioting in the past. In the reports that I have read, the comments coming for the citizens of these communities reads as follows:

If Romney wins I'm Starting a Riot....Who's WIT ME???"

"I Hope The USA Is Well Aware That If In The Event This Character Romney Wins The Election, The People Will Start A Country Wide Riot! #Power"

"If Romney is elected president, its gon be a riot its gon be a riot."

"If ROMNEY GETS IN THE WHITE HOUSE ...U MIGHT AS WELL KILL ME NOW .....CAUSE ITS GONNA BE A ************ RIOT !!!"

"If Romney became President and took away welfare Downtown Cincinnati would become a riot"

"If Romney takes away food stamps 2 Chainzz in this bit IMMA START A RIOT"

"If Romney wins. (which i highly doubt) THERE WILL BE A RIOT—"

The following are a few more tweets that I found which threaten a potential riot if Obama loses the election....

From @joecools_world....

"Need 2 come up wit a game plan if Romney win.... Riot all thru Newark"

From @killacate....

"I swear on everything I love if Romney wins ima riot. I don't even care if its just me."

Romney supporters are not really threatening to riot, but many of them are proclaiming that they may leave the country if Obama wins. Here are some examples....

From @BrentskiTheBoss....

"If Obama gets reelected I may leave the country"

From @AbbieFickes....

"im sorry but if obama were to win again, i might as well leave the country and live in zimbabwe"

The sources: http://lewrockwell.com/rep3/will-election-cause-riots.html http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/will-the-election-results-cause-massive-riots-to-erupt-all-over-america
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 16th, 2012 at 12:44:03 PM permalink

Simple, take a look at where people have been rioting in the past.

Last riot I remember is Vancouver. So therefore, Canadians are not rational?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 16th, 2012 at 12:49:06 PM permalink

The sources: http://lewrockwell.com/rep3/will-election-cause-riots.html http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/will-the-election-results-cause-massive-riots-to-erupt-all-over-america

Sounds about right. Cep't they don't riot in Dee-troit
anymore, everytime they tear it up. it never gets
rebuilt.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Keyser
Keyser
October 16th, 2012 at 12:49:26 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Last riot I remember is Vancouver. So therefore, Canadians are not rational?

Yes, the rapid influx of Canadians into the inner city districts is a MAJOR MAJOR CONCERN this election. After all, look at what the Canadians did after the Rodney King verdict in LA. :)
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 16th, 2012 at 12:55:02 PM permalink

Will the biased media be to blame?

If Romney wins, they'll be riots on Fox news, even if they have to use old footage from years ago. Then they'll call it a mistake later after showing it. So, that will let them off the hook.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
kulin
kulin
October 16th, 2012 at 1:12:22 PM permalink
If Romney wins the left will not riot in any significant amount. We are patriots too and we will probably give Romney more support than the right has given Obama. We've suffered through Bush, we can take Romney. Besides a president is not a king, there's a whole bunch of other government officials out there to keep things from getting too far off the rails.

If Romney wins there will be a lot of really sad people on the left because everyone is voting for the person they hate the least and even the idea of living under a Romney administration feels like suffocation for those of us who prefer that our government focus more on helping the needy than establishing an economic thunderdome. I suspect the right will feel similarly if Obama wins though.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 16th, 2012 at 1:22:42 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If Romney wins, they'll be riots on Fox news, even if they have to use old footage from years ago. Then they'll call it a mistake later after showing it. So, that will let them off the hook.

Just like Fox made the allegation that the whole Arizona shooting deal was some extreme rght winger...oh, wait...that doesn't fit your narrative...

I know...in the pathetic little world most extreme partisans live in, only the other guys distort the facts, not their own side.

Face it--MSMBC, Fox, and pretty much the entire media use the facts that best work for their position.

This discussion is about the possibility of riots should Romney win that has been mentioned in some reports. I've read some of the articles and the comments are disturbing, to say the least. I'm hoping people calm down and understand that a black person can both be elected President and can also bet defeated in a Presidential election.
Scotty71
Scotty71
  • Threads: 19
October 16th, 2012 at 1:56:32 PM permalink

With the exception of Fox News, the media is very biased towards the left. This gives many people the false impression that the president is likely going to win re-election. Even Intrade.com reflects the media bias domestically and abroad. Many people will likely be shocked when the president loses this election, since the media has been misleading them. Do you think that riots will take place in some of the black districts, like in Chicago? Will the biased media be to blame?

Will there be riots in the same district that will likely re-elect Jesse Jackson Jr. regarless of the fact he has missed hundreds of votes, is in hiding, wont answer questions- while working on his bi-polar insanity plea to the FBI? Probably
when man determined to destroy himself he picked the was of shall and finding only why smashed it into because." — E.E. Cummings
kulin
kulin
October 16th, 2012 at 1:57:00 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I'm hoping people calm down and understand that a black person can both be elected President and can also bet defeated in a Presidential election.

I don't think there will be riots, but if there were, race certainly would not be a factor. Our democracy is polarized. It does not feel like two good choices. It feels like a catastrophic choice vs a tolerable choice for both sides. Nothing about that has to do with religion or race unless you are a very very small stupid minority.
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
October 16th, 2012 at 2:01:08 PM permalink
Well with the odds -210 Obama, +170 Romney it will be an upset if Romney wins. Old white guys just don't realize how diverse the USA has become.
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
Scotty71
Scotty71
October 16th, 2012 at 2:03:06 PM permalink
Indiana and Wisconsin are looking better and better
sold down the river
when man determined to destroy himself he picked the was of shall and finding only why smashed it into because." — E.E. Cummings
Scotty71
Scotty71
October 16th, 2012 at 2:11:46 PM permalink

In what areas exactly are people "high emotioned" and not "rational"?

In every ghetto in the world. The murder rate in So. Chicago is through the roof this year...in the hundreds, all young african american and some latino kids, it is very, very sad.
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
October 16th, 2012 at 2:12:53 PM permalink
If Romney wins I hope we get a Democratic Congress - "Government at best governs least"
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 16th, 2012 at 2:13:11 PM permalink
There will be no riots, nobody cares that much.
Where's all the big crowds at the Obama rally's?
This ain't 2008, the bloom is off the rose.
A lot of empty promises and good speechifyin
only go so far.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 16th, 2012 at 2:42:51 PM permalink

You have Fnc confused with CBS NBC and BSNBC. They ate the ones proven to use false or altered forage or evidence.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
October 16th, 2012 at 3:09:44 PM permalink

Do you think that riots will take place in some of the black districts, like in Chicago? Will the biased media be to blame?

Oh, it's the media who is biased?....
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 16th, 2012 at 4:32:14 PM permalink

You have Fnc confused with CBS NBC and BSNBC. They ate the ones proven to use false or altered forage or evidence.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 16th, 2012 at 4:43:43 PM permalink
How about a "worst thread of the day" thread? :P

But, will certain people be diappointed if there are no riots when Romney wins?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
October 16th, 2012 at 6:46:05 PM permalink

People still tune in to Fox News?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
October 17th, 2012 at 9:54:54 AM permalink
What's the over / under total for number of cities that have riots on November 6 and 7?

I would like to bet the under for the max
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 17th, 2012 at 10:31:28 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Did you miss the "story" about Obama's "hidden" 2007 speech that was "unearthed" by Tucker Carlson last month? Apparently he slept through everyone else's coverage of it in 2007...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 17th, 2012 at 1:04:05 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Apparently he slept through everyone else's coverage of it in 2007...

Thats not it. The speech has relevance now because
of whats happened since 2009.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 17th, 2012 at 1:27:45 PM permalink
Oh, is there an election coming up?
Romney??? Didn't he used to run American Motors and play "compact golf" (six holes, three balls) or is this one a different Romney?
Do they announce the election results on the same night the lottery results are announced or the welfare checks are mailed? If so, they may get an audience otherwise I doubt anyone really much cares.
Keyser
Keyser
October 17th, 2012 at 1:52:33 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Yes, Fox News is, by far, the most watched news channel. No other news channel even comes close.

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for October 15, 2012

P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
Total Day
FNC 1,528 326 686
CNN 336 108 140
MSNBC 627 207 291
CNBC 145 35 75
FBN 63 16 28
HLN 193 79 116

Quote: kulin

I don't think there will be riots, but if there were, race certainly would not be a factor.

You're joking, right?
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
October 17th, 2012 at 2:24:38 PM permalink
I think there would be riots, but I don't think it would be who Keyser calls "certain people" doing most of the rioting. A lot of the left still refer to the '04 election as "stolen," and with the complaints that already dog this one, and with OWS at the fore, it seems almost inevitable.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 17th, 2012 at 2:54:36 PM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

I think there would be riots, but I don't think it would be who Keyser calls "certain people" doing most of the rioting. A lot of the left still refer to the '04 election as "stolen,"

Every time the Dem's lose its 'stolen'. Thats
called being a poor loser. I've been asking
for months and nobody has given me just
one reason to vote for Obama. And no,
"he's not Romney" isn't a reason. Obama
himself can't even come up with a reason
to vote for him.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 17th, 2012 at 10:05:16 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Yes, in record numbers.

Funny how even in a debate where the feed is exactly the same, people choose FNC more. One day CNN and BSNBC might find emulating a fair and balanced broadcast approace a-al FNC is how you get ratings while doctoring tape of the candidate you do not like will just drive away viewers.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 17th, 2012 at 10:30:16 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Funny how even in a debate where the feed is exactly the same, people choose FNC more.

A huge part of FNC's audience are Lib's. They would never
admit it, its like the guilty chocolates they keep in the sock
drawer.
Keyser
Keyser
October 17th, 2012 at 11:35:19 PM permalink
Fox News also has the best talent and the most respected journalists. Fair and balanced as well.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 18th, 2012 at 4:13:39 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Every time the Dem's lose its 'stolen'. Thats
called being a poor loser. I've been asking
for months and nobody has given me just
one reason to vote for Obama. And no,
"he's not Romney" isn't a reason. Obama
himself can't even come up with a reason
to vote for him.

Bob, if you would read our posts after you ask "Give me one reason to vote for Obama" then you would see them. But you can't just keep saying "No one has any reasons" if we keep giving them to you every time you ask. You lose all credibility.
RonC
RonC
October 18th, 2012 at 4:24:52 AM permalink

A huge part of FNC's audience are Lib's. They would never
admit it, its like the guilty chocolates they keep in the sock
drawer.

My liberal brother-in-law watches FNC as much as he watches MSNBC and CNN. He just avoids Hannity....as do I.

I try to watch MSNBC but I can't believe a crap-smearing idiot like Al Sharpton has a platform and Rachel Maddow is so over-the-top that I avoid her like Hannity.
RonC
RonC
October 18th, 2012 at 4:31:04 AM permalink

Bob, if you would read our posts after you ask "Give me one reason to vote for Obama" then you would see them. But you can't just keep saying "No one has any reasons" if we keep giving them to you every time you ask. You lose all credibility.

The question isn't exactly whether or not President Obama has accomplished anything; it is whether his accomplishments outweigh his failures. He is running with a record now and, in the mind of a whole lot of folks, it isn't that good. In the last election, many people who didn't vote for him thought he was okay. I don't think those folks feel the same way this time. That is a huge difference as people head into the voting booths.

Riots? I see some noise about them and, sadly, the articles I read showing avatars/pictures showed all people of one color. I'm not saying OWS won't come back if they see a chance at relevance, but at this point it appears that one group is talking more about rioting than anyone else. That would suck--it would say to all of us that we re progressive enough to hire a black President but not progressive enough to fire him (without riots) if we deem him not to be the best man for the job. That isn't progress at all...
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
October 18th, 2012 at 8:09:45 AM permalink

If Romney wins I'm Starting a Riot....Who's WIT ME???"

It's not that difficult to comb the web and find examples of misspelled words, especially ones using AAVE. To repeat them seems unnecessarily incendiary.

To be fair to you, I could level that comment at most new organizations.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 18th, 2012 at 10:58:22 AM permalink

Bob, if you would read our posts after you ask "Give me one reason to vote for Obama" then you would see them. .

OK, here's your chance. List some of the reasons
to vote for Obama.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 18th, 2012 at 11:12:24 AM permalink

to vote for Obama.

Its easier than getting a job.
Keyser
Keyser
October 18th, 2012 at 11:13:08 AM permalink
Quote: Pacomatron

It's not that difficult to comb the web and find examples of misspelled words, especially ones using AAVE. To repeat them seems unnecessarily incendiary.

To be fair to you, I could level that comment at most new organizations.

Regarding that quote, various news organizations are the ones that chose to use them, not me.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 18th, 2012 at 11:18:00 AM permalink

to vote for Obama.

I did, and you (or was it AZ) went through and told me why they were bad reasons. I don't care enough to discuss the same thing again. All I'm saying is that this question has been asked and answered.

But I did want to at least respond to you.
Keyser
Keyser
October 18th, 2012 at 11:22:55 AM permalink
Evenbob,

The answer you're looking for is EMOTION.

Romney voters tend to be better educated and more informed on the issues. By the way, this documented in various polls and is not just an opinion.
This does NOT mean that all democratic voters are poorly informed or uneducated.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 18th, 2012 at 11:34:04 AM permalink

I did, and you (or was it AZ) went through and told me why they were bad reasons. I don't care enough to discuss the same thing again. .

Sure, I don't blame you. When you have no reasons,
you have no reasons. I get it.
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
October 18th, 2012 at 12:21:44 PM permalink

to vote for Obama.

I prefer socialism (as opposed to Communism) to Fascism
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 18th, 2012 at 12:26:49 PM permalink

. List some of the reasons
to vote for Obama.

Again?

What's wrong with your memory?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
October 18th, 2012 at 12:33:58 PM permalink
Quote: ncfatcat

So now Romney is a fascist?

Wow!

What a pile of crap that is...
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 18th, 2012 at 1:23:24 PM permalink

Again?

What's wrong with your memory?

Obviously I missed them, where are they?
Can you list some of them again, or do
you have really good reasons not to, like
the other guy. I don't think there were ever
any listed, if want the truth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 18th, 2012 at 2:43:07 PM permalink
Quote: ncfatcat

Socialism is nothing but fascism light.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
October 18th, 2012 at 4:56:22 PM permalink
Why should I care about an election pitting a Socialist vs. an Elitist? Two extremes... no middle, guess who gets screwed.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
  • Jump to: