May 27th, 2011 at 12:05:07 AM permalink
Favorite, by far, is 30 rock
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
May 27th, 2011 at 5:21:04 AM permalink
Quote: bluefire

Favorite, by far, is 30 rock

I liked 3rd Rock too, it was sheer idiocy and hilarious.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
May 27th, 2011 at 6:26:09 AM permalink
My favorites ...

thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
May 27th, 2011 at 2:46:25 PM permalink
Got tired of Hell's Kitchen after the contestants got worse and the drama got more and more fake, overblown and forced by the voice over. After the 35th "most dramatic Hell's Kitchen ever!" I switched off. Same with Kitchen Nightmares. The UK version was much more understated and low budget it was interesting. The US version is all drama, tears and BS. Plus the free makeover? Hard to be in tears if you have Ramsay in the kitchen for a day to help plan things better and free redecoration.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
May 27th, 2011 at 3:14:57 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Got tired of Hell's Kitchen after the contestants got worse and the drama got more and more fake

I made it thru half an episode and turned it off. I'm used to the real cooking shows on Food Network where they actually know what they're doing and you learn something.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
May 27th, 2011 at 3:36:32 PM permalink
Does anyone watch Psych? It's one of the few shows that never disappoints. Not only does it have a great cast but a great guest cast as well. The show's creator is in the band that plays the theme song and Shawn and Jules are in a real life relationship.

We'll have to wait until fall for the new episodes-darn it.
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
June 14th, 2012 at 9:48:02 AM permalink
Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, I was searching for something else and it came up...

I don't watch much TV, I mainly own a TV so I can watch movies on DVD and BlueRay, but occasionally I'll plop down in front of the thing while eating a snack and turn it on. When that happens I enjoy the various shows on A&E and Spike where people buy storage rooms and try to sell the contents and the ones where people drive around and try to find interesting old items to buy. Also recently caught a show where two guys try to trade up to something (they think is) cool and expensive but start with something of fairly low value.

I'm not sure how much of these "reality" shows is fake or contrived, but I enjoy trying to guess the value of the things they find.

As for shows I don't like... I don't watch them, so I wouldn't know!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
June 14th, 2012 at 1:17:42 PM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, I was searching for something else and it came up...

I don't watch much TV, I mainly own a TV so I can watch movies on DVD and BlueRay, but occasionally I'll plop down in front of the thing while eating a snack and turn it on. When that happens I enjoy the various shows on A&E and Spike where people buy storage rooms and try to sell the contents and the ones where people drive around and try to find interesting old items to buy. Also recently caught a show where two guys try to trade up to something (they think is) cool and expensive but start with something of fairly low value.

I'm not sure how much of these "reality" shows is fake or contrived, but I enjoy trying to guess the value of the things they find.

As for shows I don't like... I don't watch them, so I wouldn't know!

So you pay for cable even though you don't watch much TV? Seems like a waste of money...
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
June 14th, 2012 at 1:24:48 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

So you pay for cable even though you don't watch much TV? Seems like a waste of money...

I split the cable/internet bill with roommates.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 14th, 2012 at 1:31:39 PM permalink
My wife loves these shows, but I can't stand them. Anything that starts with Real Housewives of.....................
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish

• Jump to: