Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 17th, 2010 at 4:07:23 PM permalink
Noticed one of the other threads was discussing this so I thought I'd open up a thread to discuss it.

I must admit that I am rather partial to House, Heroes, Family Guy, Criminal Minds and CSI(Las Vegas)
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 17th, 2010 at 6:04:42 PM permalink
Family Guy?

Currently I like CSI (Vegas), all the Law & Order shows, The Big Bang Theory and Mythbusters.

Shows no longer on: Stargate SG-1, Babylon 5, LA Law, The Practice, Mission: Impossible, Seinfeld and The Rocky & Bullwinkle show.

Those are the top, I watch many more. One I don't know yet if I like is Stargate: Universe. It seems like it's building up to something. But if it remains what it is now, a bottle show, I'll quit watching it.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
jeremykay
jeremykay
  • Threads: 0
February 17th, 2010 at 6:35:40 PM permalink
Weeds
The Office
Parks & Recreation
30 Rock
Big Bang Theory
True Blood
Big Love
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1423
February 18th, 2010 at 2:09:47 AM permalink
Currently on the air I like the Office, Lost, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Already off the air I liked Northern Exposure, The Wonder Years, Seinfeld, Homicide, Sex and the City, and Frasier. There may others I'm forgetting.

Shows I hate? Hard to say, because if I didn't like it, I wouldn't watch it. However, my wife likes all the Real Housewives shows, which I can't stand.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 314
February 18th, 2010 at 5:15:44 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

...my wife likes all the Real Housewives shows, which I can't stand.

I can't stand *any* so-called reality show! I'm convinced half of what you see is orchestrated anyway. And when they come on with those little one person commentaries about what just happened, it makes my skin crawl!

I like Survival stories in nature, there are various programs... but I have found when saying this to someone you have to be sure and say "I said 'Survival' programs *not* those asinine Survivor shows!"
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SplittingAA
SplittingAA
  • Threads: 4
February 18th, 2010 at 6:05:25 AM permalink
Some of these are now off air or in syndication, but here goes. My wife and I love to wait and watch TV series after they have come out on DVD. You can watch an entire season in about a week. The shows with weekly cliff hangers are a lot more enjoyable for us impatient viewers. now for the list (in no particular order):

• Lost
  • Heroes
  • Fringe
  • One Tree Hill
  • Gilmore Girls
  • The OC
  • Dawson's Creek
  • West Wing
Phil: I'm pretty sure that's illegal too. Alan: Yeah, maybe after 9/11, where everybody got so sensitive. Thanks a lot, bin Laden.
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
February 18th, 2010 at 6:11:44 AM permalink
One question for fans of "Lost" : why is that fat guy still fat? Did he find a Big Mac tree in the jungle somewhere or bring along a 5-year supply of Kentucky Fried Chicken?

I've never watched that show, but unless it's like "24" where the whole season only covers one hour of their lives, shouldn't that fat guy have "lost" a couple hundred pounds by now?

I've always been a "Law & Order" junkie, but only the original and "CI". The detectives on "SVU" are too mean.
SplittingAA
SplittingAA
  • Threads: 4
February 18th, 2010 at 6:29:17 AM permalink
*** Lost Spoiler Alert ***

In the middle of the second season the Survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 discover that they are not the only people on the island and that there are stations established by the "others" all over the island; including some with large food supplies.
Phil: I'm pretty sure that's illegal too. Alan: Yeah, maybe after 9/11, where everybody got so sensitive. Thanks a lot, bin Laden.
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
February 18th, 2010 at 6:36:39 AM permalink
They also were only on the island for a little over 3 months total, not 5 years. It IS like 24 in that respect. But yes, they found food. Lost is not afraid to ask questions like that in the actual show, and he was "teased" for not losing weight several times.
Kayday
Kayday
  • Threads: 3
February 18th, 2010 at 7:12:44 AM permalink
CSI Miami is the show I love to hate. It's awful and yet I can't turn away.

I'm kind of glad I missed a lot of popular shows in their heyday (or for the first several seasons), because now I can enjoy the reruns (and rerun marathons) in syndication (Criminal Minds, Law and Order, etc.).

I'll admit to being addicted to Project Runway, my one reality show indulgence. Also I'm excited for the next season of Mad Men. Oh wait - and I'm on a Chelsea Lately kick these days. Geez I guess I watch more TV than I thought.

• Jump to: