Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 17th, 2010 at 4:07:23 PM permalink
Noticed one of the other threads was discussing this so I thought I'd open up a thread to discuss it.

I must admit that I am rather partial to House, Heroes, Family Guy, Criminal Minds and CSI(Las Vegas)
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 17th, 2010 at 6:04:42 PM permalink
Family Guy?

Currently I like CSI (Vegas), all the Law & Order shows, The Big Bang Theory and Mythbusters.

Shows no longer on: Stargate SG-1, Babylon 5, LA Law, The Practice, Mission: Impossible, Seinfeld and The Rocky & Bullwinkle show.

Those are the top, I watch many more. One I don't know yet if I like is Stargate: Universe. It seems like it's building up to something. But if it remains what it is now, a bottle show, I'll quit watching it.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
jeremykay
jeremykay
  • Threads: 0
February 17th, 2010 at 6:35:40 PM permalink
Weeds
The Office
Parks & Recreation
30 Rock
Big Bang Theory
True Blood
Big Love
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 18th, 2010 at 2:09:47 AM permalink
Currently on the air I like the Office, Lost, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Already off the air I liked Northern Exposure, The Wonder Years, Seinfeld, Homicide, Sex and the City, and Frasier. There may others I'm forgetting.

Shows I hate? Hard to say, because if I didn't like it, I wouldn't watch it. However, my wife likes all the Real Housewives shows, which I can't stand.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 18th, 2010 at 5:15:44 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

...my wife likes all the Real Housewives shows, which I can't stand.

I can't stand *any* so-called reality show! I'm convinced half of what you see is orchestrated anyway. And when they come on with those little one person commentaries about what just happened, it makes my skin crawl!

I like Survival stories in nature, there are various programs... but I have found when saying this to someone you have to be sure and say "I said 'Survival' programs *not* those asinine Survivor shows!"
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SplittingAA
SplittingAA
  • Threads: 4
February 18th, 2010 at 6:05:25 AM permalink
Some of these are now off air or in syndication, but here goes. My wife and I love to wait and watch TV series after they have come out on DVD. You can watch an entire season in about a week. The shows with weekly cliff hangers are a lot more enjoyable for us impatient viewers. now for the list (in no particular order):

• Lost
  • Heroes
  • Fringe
  • One Tree Hill
  • Gilmore Girls
  • The OC
  • Dawson's Creek
  • West Wing
Phil: I'm pretty sure that's illegal too. Alan: Yeah, maybe after 9/11, where everybody got so sensitive. Thanks a lot, bin Laden.
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
February 18th, 2010 at 6:11:44 AM permalink
One question for fans of "Lost" : why is that fat guy still fat? Did he find a Big Mac tree in the jungle somewhere or bring along a 5-year supply of Kentucky Fried Chicken?

I've never watched that show, but unless it's like "24" where the whole season only covers one hour of their lives, shouldn't that fat guy have "lost" a couple hundred pounds by now?

I've always been a "Law & Order" junkie, but only the original and "CI". The detectives on "SVU" are too mean.
SplittingAA
SplittingAA
  • Threads: 4
February 18th, 2010 at 6:29:17 AM permalink
*** Lost Spoiler Alert ***

In the middle of the second season the Survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 discover that they are not the only people on the island and that there are stations established by the "others" all over the island; including some with large food supplies.
Phil: I'm pretty sure that's illegal too. Alan: Yeah, maybe after 9/11, where everybody got so sensitive. Thanks a lot, bin Laden.
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
February 18th, 2010 at 6:36:39 AM permalink
They also were only on the island for a little over 3 months total, not 5 years. It IS like 24 in that respect. But yes, they found food. Lost is not afraid to ask questions like that in the actual show, and he was "teased" for not losing weight several times.
Kayday
Kayday
  • Threads: 3
February 18th, 2010 at 7:12:44 AM permalink
CSI Miami is the show I love to hate. It's awful and yet I can't turn away.

I'm kind of glad I missed a lot of popular shows in their heyday (or for the first several seasons), because now I can enjoy the reruns (and rerun marathons) in syndication (Criminal Minds, Law and Order, etc.).

I'll admit to being addicted to Project Runway, my one reality show indulgence. Also I'm excited for the next season of Mad Men. Oh wait - and I'm on a Chelsea Lately kick these days. Geez I guess I watch more TV than I thought.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
February 18th, 2010 at 7:37:29 AM permalink
I love watching Cops reruns on the G4 network. I'll watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy when I'm home and they are on, in the 7-8 hour after dinner. I'll watch old Family Feud shows on the Game Show network. I watch American Idol because my family likes it, and I like to share the time with them.

For first run shows, the only ones I record are The Office and 30 Rock. I live about 20 minutes from Scranton; the local touches in that show are just spot on. 30 Rock trivia: Liz Lemon is from White Haven, PA, about 15 minutes the other direction.

I don't really hate anything, I just don't watch any of it. I know; how about 2 1/2 Men. That's pretty stupid.
A falling knife has no handle.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
February 18th, 2010 at 7:53:13 AM permalink
For some reason, I have given up on pretty much anything scripted. "24" has gotten too much past "suspend disbelief" to "GIVE ME A BREAK" that I gave up on it after last year. Chloe is not even fun anymore. "House" I quit watching literally the episode it became clear he slept with Cuddy. Dream or no, I no longer watch shark-jumped shows, no matter how hot Cuddy is.

90% of my watching is Something on The History Channel, Food Network, Military Channel, Discover, or the like and Fox News Channel. "Pawn Stars," "Modern Marvels," "Mythbusters," "Cops" reruns, all are favorites.

I hate most "reality" shows with an exception. I like "The Next Food Network Star" and "Shark Tank." I guess the difference is I don't watch people eating rats and cockroaches but do watch "reality" if it is intelligent and somewhat educational.

Maybe the later is why I have given up scripted shows. I'm also tired of all the political messages in "Law and Order."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
February 18th, 2010 at 7:55:14 AM permalink

Dislikes: that "reality" show about the Kardashian attention whores.
"What, me worry?"
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
February 18th, 2010 at 8:21:59 AM permalink
I used to like "Dancing with the Stars" but it got to the point were I had no idea who the "stars" were and you can only see the same dances done over and over again so many times before it gets boring.

I wouldn't let Dr. House touch me with a 10-foot pole. All his patients have heart attacks and seizures and end up with kidney failure before he finally realizes all they had was an infected bug bite that just needed a dab of bacitracin.

His sex appeal is completely lost on me too, and I'm a woman. He looks dirty, has the facial profile of a chicken, and if I had to listen to that droning voice 24 hours a day I'd probably shoot myself in the head. As for Dr. Cuddy being hot, that is also lost on me.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
February 18th, 2010 at 2:57:14 PM permalink
On my DVR record list: Office, Parks & Rec, Community, Deep End, Grey's Anatomy (Mrs. Slyther), Lost, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Dancing with the Stars, Flash Forward, WSOP

About to get kicked off my DVR record list: Heroes, Caprica, V

I will try NBC's new 'Minute to Win It' game show when it starts. I LOVE game shows.

Man I watch a lot of TV :) This list didn't include sports.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 18th, 2010 at 6:57:51 PM permalink
I goota say, Lost lost me about halfway through the third season. Now I found the channel Pawn Stars is on i have fallen in love with it.

Mythbusters is awesome. If they had that when I was at school, science might have been interesting.

My guilty pleaasure is the Discovery Channel. Things like American Chopper, American Hotrod, and the one with the Architect who's afraid of heights (I cant remember the name) as well How Stuffs made keep me entertained.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 18th, 2010 at 7:04:55 PM permalink
Missed the dislike part:

Any reality show
Any baseball game (long story)
Really bad shows that take away airtime from better stuff (yes, that's very vague and highly variable).

I also agree that it's best to begin watching a show long after it premieres. By the time I started watching SG-1, the show had already ended! I watched the whole ten seasons in less than a year (part in syndication, part by renting the DVDs)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 18th, 2011 at 7:57:08 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Currently on the air I like the Office, Lost, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Already off the air I liked Northern Exposure, The Wonder Years, Seinfeld, Homicide, Sex and the City, and Frasier. There may others I'm forgetting.

Shows I hate? Hard to say, because if I didn't like it, I wouldn't watch it. However, my wife likes all the Real Housewives shows, which I can't stand.

Well they've cancelled Lost and Curb Your Enthusiasm is back on for it's 8th season on (July 10, 2011). The Office is losing their big star after tomorrow with their 151st and 152nd episode. So NBC is still stuck in 4th place desperately looking for a hit scripted series.

While claiming it is a new idea, the series Grimm where a normal guy who fights against supernatural villains has been done before. This time he does drink beer with his werewolf buddy.
I seem to remember this theme 35 years ago. It was after the Exorcist made a big splash in the movies. Now we have vampire movies.

Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
May 18th, 2011 at 8:02:09 PM permalink
Squidbillies. Like
Teen Mom. Hate (Need hotter teen moms)
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
gofaster87
gofaster87
  • Threads: 3
May 18th, 2011 at 8:05:44 PM permalink
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
May 18th, 2011 at 8:12:02 PM permalink
Tosh.0, South Park and Onion News Network on IFC are always good for a laugh. That new Norm MacDonald sports show on Comedy Central was pretty funny last night (better than his ridiculous commentary on GSN's High Stakes Poker). Auction Hunters is a good one. And I never miss Top Chef just to see Padma again.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 18th, 2011 at 10:24:25 PM permalink
I like Top Gear, but only the UK version.

Speed used to have the show Bullrun which was fantastic. People with hot cars would play a game similar to the cannonball run, racing checkpoint to checkpoint through the southwest US. At every checkpoint there'd be a vehicular challenge which brought about the possibility of carnage. Seeing guys forced to tear through a muddy offroad couse in a Hennesey Viper, or fly down unpaved desert wagon roads in their mint, numbers matching Hemi Cuda just isn't seen everyday. I'll never forget they guy in the Gallardo who was left with $80,000 in damage for simply hitting a racoon in the Rockies.

The Housewives of New Jersey, specifically, makes me want to harm myself. Caroline's a sweetheart, but the rest of the cast is outright disgusting. I urge all to watch just to see it for yourself, it really is a marvel to behold. I can't even sit still watching it, I just want to go out and drive my truck into a tree. It's that bad.

The only stuff I'm currently watching is auto racing, House reruns, some of the NHL playoffs, and certain Military Channel series like WWII in Color or Dogfights.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
May 18th, 2011 at 11:24:26 PM permalink
who remembers "Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist" in wiggly-vision....
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Wavy70
Wavy70
May 19th, 2011 at 12:32:07 AM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

who remembers "Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist" in wiggly-vision....

Loved Dom Irrera on that show.
Dom "Doc I wanna ride you. Not in a gay way but like a Viking would"
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
7outlineaway
7outlineaway
  • Threads: 9
May 19th, 2011 at 2:24:53 AM permalink
The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad. And the last two only because they're on after The Simpsons (sometimes). Fox seems to think all the timeslots are interchangeable for the Sunday night cartoons.

With sports, I really care only about college basketball nowadays.

If I can get Fox Business, I'll watch it over CNBC because Fox has hotter reporters.

Everything else, remembering what night and channel it's on and then figuring out which channel that corresponds to on my tv isn't worth the effort.

Rather than hate a tv show I usually just don't watch. Although sometimes there's an event I'm interested in where I can't stand the coverage. The Olympics on NBC comes to mind.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 19th, 2011 at 3:29:59 AM permalink
Television is a device left on for the entertainment of the various cats and dogs. I only watch the darned thing on special occasions:
Masterpiece Theater
Weeds and Breaking Bad re-runs on cable. (I'm too cheap to pay for a premium channel or buy a dvd to watch later seasons).
Mythbusters if I ever encounter it and am interested in it and that sexy, bubbly sculptor who likes blowing things up is featured.
The Good Wife
Cougar Town for two episodes that was it.
48Hours Mystery if it ain't no darned re-run. (I like educational television, ie: when a man gets away with killing his wife or the show reveals what mistakes he made).

No more of those reality screaming matches about Housewives or Jersey Jackasses.
The Real World ain't real, its a contrived battle of bratty kids.
All those darned Sit Coms can go pound sand.
None of that Orange County Kids morphed to Beverly Hills morphed to Kardashian land via Twiggy or Olsen or some Hilton twit.
No more Frontline 'cause its all this left wing do good for the downtrodden nonsense.
No more Independent Lens 'cause all they focus their lens on is the poor and dirty and disgusting.
Fourth Estate when the topics are interesting but the quality of the show sure has deteriorated.
I watched that CSI-Miami Comes to Paradise Beach show but it was obvious it was going to last for one season only.
I watched Blue Heelers and The Old Bill for awhile but it was boring, as was City Homicide.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 19th, 2011 at 6:20:10 AM permalink
Quote: gofaster87

I like a variety of shows including House, Modern Marvels, Myth Busters, Burn Notice, White Collar, almost anything on National Geographic, Anthony Bordain's No reservations and Andrew Zimmerman's Bizarre Foods. A lot of times I end watching the movie of the week on one of the random movie channels.

All excellent shows, and largely the reason the networks are in trouble. You can list only a single show on a broadcast network, and when Hugh Laurie leaves after next year, you may be down to only cable.
INkyatari
INkyatari
  • Threads: 7
May 26th, 2011 at 7:02:12 PM permalink
Favorites...

Mystery Science Theater 3000
Mythbusters
It's Effing Science
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Ramsay's Kitchen NIghtmares
South Park
Tosh.0
Stossel
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Superjail!

Most hated

Everything that bloated gas-bag Oprah Winfrey has EVER done. Thankfully, now that her show is going off air (thank god!) The Jimmy Kimmel show will be on the air in Chicago at a decent hour! (The local ABC affiliate airs Jimmy Kimmel an hour late so they can show the Oprah re-run.)
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
May 26th, 2011 at 8:43:45 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Cougar Town for two episodes that was it.

I caught the first season 'cause Busy Phillips is so damn hot. I think the show is well written, but poorly acted. Seems like those ladies must despise each other in real life and can barely say their lines to each other in a scene. Seems forced and unnatural to me. Or maybe they're all coked up.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 26th, 2011 at 9:42:01 PM permalink
My new fave is Boston Legal. I'm catching it is reruns, gotta love Shatner as Denny Crane.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
bluefire
bluefire
  • Threads: 10
May 27th, 2011 at 12:05:07 AM permalink
Favorite, by far, is 30 rock
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 27th, 2011 at 5:21:04 AM permalink
Quote: bluefire

Favorite, by far, is 30 rock

I liked 3rd Rock too, it was sheer idiocy and hilarious.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
May 27th, 2011 at 6:26:09 AM permalink
My favorites ...

thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
May 27th, 2011 at 2:46:25 PM permalink
Got tired of Hell's Kitchen after the contestants got worse and the drama got more and more fake, overblown and forced by the voice over. After the 35th "most dramatic Hell's Kitchen ever!" I switched off. Same with Kitchen Nightmares. The UK version was much more understated and low budget it was interesting. The US version is all drama, tears and BS. Plus the free makeover? Hard to be in tears if you have Ramsay in the kitchen for a day to help plan things better and free redecoration.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 27th, 2011 at 3:14:57 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Got tired of Hell's Kitchen after the contestants got worse and the drama got more and more fake

I made it thru half an episode and turned it off. I'm used to the real cooking shows on Food Network where they actually know what they're doing and you learn something.
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
May 27th, 2011 at 3:36:32 PM permalink
Does anyone watch Psych? It's one of the few shows that never disappoints. Not only does it have a great cast but a great guest cast as well. The show's creator is in the band that plays the theme song and Shawn and Jules are in a real life relationship.

We'll have to wait until fall for the new episodes-darn it.
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
June 14th, 2012 at 9:48:02 AM permalink
Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, I was searching for something else and it came up...

I don't watch much TV, I mainly own a TV so I can watch movies on DVD and BlueRay, but occasionally I'll plop down in front of the thing while eating a snack and turn it on. When that happens I enjoy the various shows on A&E and Spike where people buy storage rooms and try to sell the contents and the ones where people drive around and try to find interesting old items to buy. Also recently caught a show where two guys try to trade up to something (they think is) cool and expensive but start with something of fairly low value.

I'm not sure how much of these "reality" shows is fake or contrived, but I enjoy trying to guess the value of the things they find.

As for shows I don't like... I don't watch them, so I wouldn't know!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
June 14th, 2012 at 1:17:42 PM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, I was searching for something else and it came up...

I don't watch much TV, I mainly own a TV so I can watch movies on DVD and BlueRay, but occasionally I'll plop down in front of the thing while eating a snack and turn it on. When that happens I enjoy the various shows on A&E and Spike where people buy storage rooms and try to sell the contents and the ones where people drive around and try to find interesting old items to buy. Also recently caught a show where two guys try to trade up to something (they think is) cool and expensive but start with something of fairly low value.

I'm not sure how much of these "reality" shows is fake or contrived, but I enjoy trying to guess the value of the things they find.

As for shows I don't like... I don't watch them, so I wouldn't know!

So you pay for cable even though you don't watch much TV? Seems like a waste of money...
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
June 14th, 2012 at 1:24:48 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

So you pay for cable even though you don't watch much TV? Seems like a waste of money...

I split the cable/internet bill with roommates.
Gabes22
Gabes22
June 14th, 2012 at 1:31:39 PM permalink
My wife loves these shows, but I can't stand them. Anything that starts with Real Housewives of.....................
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 23rd, 2014 at 10:29:45 PM permalink
Anybody else watching Hell on Wheels? One of the best
shows ever on TV. It depicts the Old West very well
and they spare no expense on sets or extra's. You can
see the first 3 seasons on Netflix, and the 4th starts
Aug 2nd. Anson Mount is wonderful in the lead role,
I have a man crush on him. We all wanted to be this
guy when we were 35..
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
July 24th, 2014 at 2:12:18 AM permalink
NTSF:SD:SUV:: is interesting, and very, very strange.

On Adult Swim.
"What, me worry?"
bahdbwoy
bahdbwoy
  • Threads: 14
July 24th, 2014 at 2:32:05 AM permalink
Martin
WWF/WCW
Saved by the bell :)
beavis and butthead
different strokes
different world
family matters
full house
prison break
one tree hill
dawsons creek
old svu special victims

dont watch much now but do like:

graceland
chicago fire
chicago pd
fosters and other shows my wife sucks me into
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 24th, 2014 at 7:01:09 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

guy when we were 35..

Very rare to have a show actually move you. Not having TV for so long has made me realize just how much I was wasting time. I wasn't watching because it was good, I just watched because it was on. Bleh.

Sons of Anarchy was OK, for a bit. I know everyone in my peer group was nuts about it. Not much substance under the surface.

The Walking Dead had me riveted for a bit, but whatever held me was lost as it went on. I think it was the naked survivalist stuff in the beginning that hooked me. But it quickly turned into an everyday drama, and I tuned out.

Game of Thrones is the only thing I've seen lately that feels REAL. I remember reading a quote by Stephen King, something about not caring if you liked it or hated it, made you happy or made you sad, he was going to grab you by the emotions and thrash you. GoT does that. It's not the same ol same ol script, the same flow, the same trail. Just about the time you think you have the thread, BOOM, you get punched in the face. It is the best show on TV that I've ever seen.

The only other show(s) that's ever done that to me, and that I sort of miss, is The Real Housewives series. Not the story, but the same thrashing of emotions. It used to be part of my game day ritual to watch TRHoOrange County before every hockey game. By the time I headed out to the game, I was so enraged and fired up wasn't no one could stop me.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 24th, 2014 at 7:26:02 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Very rare to have a show actually move you.

I care about the characters on H on W, and am
fascinated at the production costs for a mere
TV show. The giant sets they have to build, the
hiring of so many costumed extras for every
show. The use of the old looking trains, all
that stuff had to be built. There are no working
1860's trains anymore.

The character development has been so good,
I actually hate the guy playing The Swede, and
that's the intent of the writers.
Lemieux66
Lemieux66
  • Threads: 24
July 24th, 2014 at 8:03:31 PM permalink

Quote: Face

Very rare to have a show actually move you.

I care about the characters on H on W, and am
fascinated at the production costs for a mere
TV show. The giant sets they have to build, the
hiring of so many costumed extras for every
show. The use of the old looking trains, all
that stuff had to be built. There are no working
1860's trains anymore.

The character development has been so good,
I actually hate the guy playing The Swede, and
that's the intent of the writers.

I love this show and have been watching from the beginning. I briefly ran into Phil Burke aka Mickey McGinnes walking in Manhattan. I yelled "I love your show" and he gave me a "CHEERS!". I enjoyed that.
10 eyes for an eye. 10 teeth for a tooth. 10 bucks for a buck?! Hit the bad guys where it hurts the most: the face and the wallet.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 24th, 2014 at 11:37:56 PM permalink
Quote: Lemieux66

I love this show and have been watching from the beginning. I briefly ran into Phil Burke aka Mickey McGinnes walking in Manhattan. I yelled "I love your show" and he gave me a "CHEERS!". I enjoyed that.

His character changed from what it was in
the first season. He was a whiny screwup
who was always making bad decisions.
Now he's an up and coming businessman.
Who killed his brother.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
July 25th, 2014 at 2:58:34 AM permalink
The original Dallas. I was too young to have watched it when it aired, but started watching re-runs in my teens (90's) and found the show fascinating.

Likewise, I started watching re-runs of the Andy Griffin show 2 years ago after Andy Griffin passed away and find that to be enjoyable and a very wholesome show. Kind of a glimpse into yesteryear.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
July 25th, 2014 at 3:05:45 AM permalink

guy when we were 35..

One of my favorites. I has been on hiatus an I fear it could be canceled.

Give Luck a try there are only a few episodes (maybe a full season) dude to safety concerns and bad press because of dead horses, its very good. I think it would have been a great show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lumAKUadBA Dustin Hoffman is in it.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
July 25th, 2014 at 3:14:30 AM permalink
1,000 Ways to Die.

But it could be improved if they'd let me be casting director.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
  • Jump to: