Thread Rating:

Poll

5 votes (18.51%)
13 votes (48.14%)
9 votes (33.33%)

27 members have voted

TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 2172
July 16th, 2016 at 9:17:52 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan


And getting backed off is not a sign of illegality.
Still, I consider it a good sign that something above and beyond sanctioned gambling went down, though.



And if no backoff occurs is a clear sign that the action was completely legitimate and within the rules of the casino. Fortunately these backoff you keep talking about happen at extremely low rates, otherwise advantage play couldn't exist
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
Joined: Apr 28, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 5692
July 16th, 2016 at 9:28:51 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

And if no backoff occurs is a clear sign that the action was completely legitimate and within the rules of the casino. Fortunately these backoff you keep talking about happen at extremely low rates, otherwise advantage play couldn't exist


It generally indicates that your play is all right with the house, although it is not a guarantee or promise that anything is sanctioned or not; floormen miss stuff, and surveillance may respond later.
I agree that back offs occur a low rates, I never said they are an epidemic; they are simply part of the pit's tool kit of options. If they have to tell a player they can't play, they will.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 2172
July 16th, 2016 at 9:37:32 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

It generally indicates that your play is all right with the house ... I agree that back offs occur a low rates



Sounds like you've come around and now agree that the vast majority of times players overcome the house edge is completely within the rules
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
Joined: Apr 28, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 5692
July 16th, 2016 at 9:46:43 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

Sounds like you've come around and now agree that the vast majority of times players overcome the house edge is completely within the rules


No.
If game play is NOT within the house rules, then out you may go, and this includes actions that may deliberately undermine the casino's house edge mechanisms.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Dean
Dean
Joined: Oct 23, 2015
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 105
July 16th, 2016 at 9:51:56 PM permalink
It is very possible that Casino workers just might be paid to be "members" on here. I have heard of Celebrities joining their own websites/message boards and praising themselves while posting under anonymous screen names, so anything is possible
Really, dude, you tried to buy a flat screen TV for only $3.99? Get out of here, you scam, con arist!
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
Joined: Apr 28, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 5692
July 16th, 2016 at 9:58:54 PM permalink
Quote: Dean

It is very possible that Casino workers just might be paid to be "members" on here. I have heard of Celebrities joining their own websites/message boards and praising themselves while posting under anonymous screen names, so anything is possible



I doubt that.
If that were the case, I'm worth $300 Million. I can't see any sort of value or intelligence gathered at all for casino operators from WOV, but I can see a ton of value from WOO.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Dean
Dean
Joined: Oct 23, 2015
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 105
July 16th, 2016 at 10:04:30 PM permalink
I am so sorry. For some bizarre reason, my computer glitched and made a duplicate post. :/ So sorry about this. :(
Really, dude, you tried to buy a flat screen TV for only $3.99? Get out of here, you scam, con arist!
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 2172
July 16th, 2016 at 10:57:49 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan


If game play is NOT within the house rules, then out you may go, and this includes actions that may deliberately undermine the casino's house edge mechanisms.



It's like you're trying to be as illogical and contradictory as possible:
-The casino can backoff or 86 anyone at anytime for any reason
-If they don't do that they are explicitly saying that your bets are following their rules
-For The vast majority of bets made when the player overcomes the house edge there is no backoff
-which means the vast majority of bets made when the player overcomes the house edge are within the rules of the casino
-Even you have admitted that this is correct
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
Joined: Apr 28, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 5692
July 16th, 2016 at 11:25:30 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

It's like you're trying to be as illogical and contradictory as possible:
-The casino can backoff or 86 anyone at anytime for any reason


No. They cannot back you off because of race, religion, etc. They can back you off if they feel your play is unacceptable because of using AP methods, things like that.


Quote: TomG

-If they don't do that they are explicitly saying that your bets are following their rules.


No. They are implicitly saying that your current bet is in action, in play, and that you can play, unless they tell you otherwise for some [probably very valid] reason.
The acceptance of a bet to be in action says nothing good OR bad about you. If there is an issue with you, they will talk to you about it, otherwise they will leave you alone.

Quote: Tom

-For The vast majority of bets made when the player overcomes the house edge there is no backoff.


Yes, very often. Why, just the other week, I was dealt a straight Flush on Pai Gow Poker with $10 on the bonus bet. I left with a lot more money than my $200 buy-in, thereby overcoming the house edge, - by leaving with a lot more money than I went in with. I overcame the house edge and took them for hundreds, and it wasn't a problem. In fact they said to me, "Good job, Dan. Come back soon, you hear!"

Quote: TomG

-which means the vast majority of bets made when the player overcomes the house edge are within the rules of the casino.


Yes, - every time they leave with more than what they had bought in for they overcame the house edge. I'm still waiting for my next royal on PGP, and my 40-roll hand on craps.

Quote: TomG

-Even you have admitted that this is correct


Makes sense to me.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
July 17th, 2016 at 1:30:12 AM permalink
Just in: Winning on a side bet means you've overcome the house edge. Doesn't get any better than this!

  • Jump to: