Thread Rating:

BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
  • Threads: 32
June 4th, 2018 at 7:01:56 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

That was my first thought also.

6 30 pm, no swing shift, no EO or reason to play Dealer Musical Chairs.

In fairness, I was subconsciously looking for a reason to leave as I had been there since 1 pm and hadn't eaten since noon that day. So I guess they read my mind and granted my wish?
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
June 4th, 2018 at 7:03:25 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Had a fun little excursion on Tuesday at Sands PA where the house tried their best to disrupt a very favorable BJ shoe.

It was a $20 minimum table with a $1000 maximum, that was handicap accessible, but it was filled by me and 4 other patrons. We started the shoe with an older Russian dealer named Irena who busted 7 of the first 9 hands. So needlessly to say, we were pressing our bets and happily enjoying her busting every hand from A-A to 9-2 to 5-5 and everything in between. After about 5 minutes, dealer change...

It was fairly young fella by the name of Xi, who also had a penchant for busting hands in unlikely scenarios and if we had to draw cards, he would give us good hands to beat his 17s and 18s. After 4 hands with Xi, they brought in a taller, younger dealer named Tuan. He dealt about 3 hands, which most of the table won including myself and another guy betting table max, when... dun dun dun! Xi comes back to the table feigning confusion about where he's supposed to be dealing.

Okay, whatever he continues to deal another 2 hands, which he busted both and guess who comes back? Tuan!!! Tuan, pretending like he was never supposed to leave in the first place, deals about 5 hands and we think we're in the clear until a young, female dealer named Susie comes to the table. Susie deals about 4 hands and I win all of them along with the other big bettor playing purple chips. Then wouldn't ya know, another dealer change!

It ends up being Irena, the first dealer who left us less than 20 minutes prior to the game of Dealer Musical Chairs where a card gets burned seemingly every 2 minutes! Sure enough, Irena has a 10 showing and can ya believe it, turns up a Blackjack!

The entire table colored up(except me and the other large bettor rat holing purple and black chips) and we all proceeded to walk away to the cashier. He cashed out over $5000 I was just under $4000 and left before anybody came up to us asking for ID.

We just looked at each other and shook our heads thinking how hard the house tried to cheat us out of winning.

Cool story, bro.

I am not saying your story is untrue, but highly unlikely. The Sands is the only PA store I know of that doesn't sweat the money one bit. If you're going from $20 to two hands at table max, they'll absolutely back you off, but they just aren't sweaty as you seem to be making it out (changing dealers, etc.) I have literally seen a player there empty the rack twice and the floor and pits didn't blink an eye as the fills kept coming.
GlenG
GlenG
  • Threads: 11
June 4th, 2018 at 7:05:42 PM permalink
Theres a bunch of things that could have happened..my guess is an inexperienced pencil not knowing what he/she was doing. 70%
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
June 4th, 2018 at 7:06:47 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I would not call changing dealers, in an effort to "cool" the table, cheating but just old school superstition. This going by your version of the story. I have a feeling the Sands might tell it differently.

The people I worked with at the Venetian LV would not sweat the money like this but let the cards fall where they may as long as it was a clean game.

I've seen this exact same pattern done twice before at Sands, Once at Trump Plaza in AC and Once at Hilton AC. Not uncommon or even unexpected, just have to get while the getting is good and see the Merry Go Round of dealers coming.

Can't really blame em, I guess they figured "If we can't beat em, Cheat em!"
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
June 4th, 2018 at 7:09:22 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

I've seen this exact same pattern done twice before at Sands, Once at Trump Plaza in AC and Once at Hilton AC. Not uncommon or even unexpected, just have to get while the getting is good and see the Merry Go Round of dealers coming.

Can't really blame em, I guess they figured "If we can't beat em, Cheat em!"

For the record, the dealer changes do absolutely nothing to change the game. The odds of the table staying hot or going cold are exactly the same regardless of who deals the game.
GlenG
GlenG
  • Threads: 11
June 4th, 2018 at 7:10:30 PM permalink
Forgot to ask, do they burn a card on new dealers? Not that it matters, but would be hilarious addition to your story if they did not
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
June 4th, 2018 at 7:11:58 PM permalink
Quote: GlenG

Forgot to ask, do they burn a card on new dealers? Not that it matters, but would be hilarious addition to your story if they did not

Yes, they do.
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
June 4th, 2018 at 7:19:54 PM permalink
Quote: GlenG

Read it again and find your answer, see how hilarious that is!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 171
June 4th, 2018 at 7:24:25 PM permalink
Four Aces in the deck, four dealer changes. Hmmmm.....
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanks for this post from:
Jmarch79
June 4th, 2018 at 8:13:08 PM permalink
Goddamnit where these dealers hydrated?
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous

• Jump to: