35 votes (28.92%)
74 votes (61.15%)

121 members have voted

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 18th, 2021 at 4:48:51 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

You should just ask them next time. I can think of a reason but not a good reason.

Simple, because people move and the address on their ID is different than what is on file. If they make you a new account with the current address you will lose the points and play history from previous sessions.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 18th, 2021 at 5:37:14 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Simple, because people move and the address on their ID is different than what is on file. If they make you a new account with the current address you will lose the points and play history from previous sessions.

Don’t they just tie the birth date to the name for that sort of thing?
DRich
DRich
January 18th, 2021 at 5:50:43 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Don’t they just tie the birth date to the name for that sort of thing?

It depends on the player tracking system. Most do a match on the name and provide a list of similar names and addresses. That is usually why they would ask if you already have a card. The player representative hates going through that list so if you say you don't have one they can skip that process.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
January 18th, 2021 at 10:01:50 PM permalink

Yet when I say "no" because I would gladly take the new signup bonus in exchange for losing whatever points and history I have, they end up saying I already have a card with them. So why ask? Just take my ID, they can do whatever they have to do with it, then give me my card. Because that is how it is going to happen regardless of how I answer.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
January 20th, 2021 at 5:56:15 PM permalink
Midnight, Im fixing a refrigerator at a store. Everyone knows the safe is empty every nite. A red suv pulls in behind the next building and drives off. Another suv pulls in next door. Gangs waste so much time surveilling for no reason. If they spent as much time working as driving to our office on call theyd make alot of money in another job. They text each other every time i open a storage container or tool box. And arrive in five minutes. Gangs here must have alot of members or associates.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Jan 20, 2021
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
January 29th, 2021 at 3:16:35 PM permalink
I live in the worst city for repair service in the state. the border towns have better service. Someone posted this.

Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
January 29th, 2021 at 3:35:41 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

Midnight, Im fixing a refrigerator at a store. Everyone knows the safe is empty every nite. A red suv pulls in behind the next building and drives off. Another suv pulls in next door. Gangs waste so much time surveilling for no reason. If they spent as much time working as driving to our office on call theyd make alot of money in another job. They text each other every time i open a storage container or tool box. And arrive in five minutes. Gangs here must have alot of members or associates.

You post a lot about how bad it is where you are, why don’t you sell your restaurants and move out of that place.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
January 29th, 2021 at 4:29:07 PM permalink
I think Mdawg is the actual owner :)
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
January 29th, 2021 at 4:52:24 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

You post a lot about how bad it is where you are, why don’t you sell your restaurants and move out of that place.

I told my dad in 2008 that i wanted to move. He exploded. I convinced him in 2010 to let me work in austin. I worked in austin. Until 2013 when the city began destroying his business. My dad still didnt want to sell. So i became his ac tech plumber mower and electrician. Now that dad is mentally incapacitated. Mom wants to stay open here. She is 79. This city would literally make her homeless. Which they almost did. Ive talked about this with a psychologist psychotherapist psychiastrist and friends and estate lawyers. I cant deem mom’s mental faculties diminished for bad decisions. She has to have dimentia. She moves like she is 60. She delivers buckets and boxes of supplies. I have enemies and bad memories here.

Ive been told that it isnt safe for me here bc of twins murder 2 death threats. A politician here doesnt like my dad since his college days. I was friends with his daughter’s friends which created more drama. The gangs sometimes dislike us. I had 2 assisted livings in austin picked out. Westminster and querencia. Dad said no. He wants to die in his home.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Jan 29, 2021
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
January 29th, 2021 at 5:13:11 PM permalink

I told my dad in 2008 that i wanted to move. He exploded. I convinced him in 2010 to let me work in austin. I worked in austin. Until 2013 when the city began destroying his business. My dad still didnt want to sell. So i became his ac tech plumber mower and electrician. Now that dad is mentally incapacitated. Mom wants to stay open here. She is 79. This city would literally make her homeless. Which they almost did. Ive talked about this with a psychologist psychotherapist psychiastrist and friends and estate lawyers. I cant deem mom’s mental faculties diminished for bad decisions. She has to have dimentia. She moves like she is 60. She delivers buckets and boxes of supplies. I have alot of enemies and bad memories here.

Ive been told that it isnt safe for me here bc of twins murder 2 death threats. A politician here doesnt like my dad since his college days. I was friends with his daughter’s friends which created more drama. The gangs sometimes dislike us. I had 2 assisted livings in austin picked out. Westminster and querencia. Dad said no. He wants to die in his home.

I am sure this is quite a stressful situation I hope all will work out for you. I also take care of an elderly parent who was recently diagnosed with dementia. Where I live we don’t have a gang problem and it’s generally very safe and the people are mostly honest. People still don’t even lock their doors on houses or cars.
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
January 30th, 2021 at 12:23:12 AM permalink
I get annoyed when people speak their opinions as if they're facts. It's great to be confident, but boldly making baseless claims without evidence to back it up really irks me.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
January 30th, 2021 at 7:24:09 AM permalink
Ive lived in austin and houston and drive to the border to mow monthly. My IT friends dont want to leave corpus because they dont have much competition here.

As a shopping center/restaurant chain owner. No one would install new ac units for double the price and left us with 6 ac’s down for a month to 5 years. The walk in we spent 40k in service calls had a leaking suction line and 3 low on 404a for 5 years. I didnt become an ac tech to save money. I had to fix myself. The two local ac stores wouldnt sell me parts. Yet, i have my epa card. I drive out of town for parts. The garages were so busy theyd turn away customers. Fast fleet said they changed our oil and belts for $1,800 on box truck. We saw 2 worn belts and and one missing. Took to rubens. They said we needed an oil change and new belts and alignment. Truck came back pulling to the side still. Weve had various refuse to service us: car dealers , ac co , collision co (said cash not accepted), asphalt , concrete , carpentry.

My friend owns 10 subways and is a contractor for 30 years. He cant find a good ac company. I recommended justice ac. Even though they never gave us a proposal.

My bookkeeper has discussed relocating to austin would solve our service problems

I saw an illegal ac tech that i hadnt seen in 20 years. He wanted to first complain how lazy the ppl are here. “No ambition.” For most, Ppl are trapped here. They dont like it here.

I saw norfoxx ac at whataburger. They arent based here. I saw Norfoxx renting a garage. Whataburger was based in corpus for 50 years. They left corpus

Down the street, a hotel is always packed with at&t trucks and other companies. Our telephone lines have been down for 3 to 18 months at 3 locations. Eventually, at&t will request a 3rd party vendor to witness the line down. Last at&t rep said that she can’t make sense of all the notes on her computer and pushed to have our office line fixed.

home depot tool dept said “dont return equipment just before closing because im going to be really pissed”. Ac tech on call said 5 times “you picked a h**l of a time to call me.”

I live at the office. Did some online reading on creating a separate address for my unit. From the forums , some said that the mailman would sort out the mail himself. I tried that and pissed off the mail lady. I removed the extra mailbox. But i could tell she was annoyed for a month after i removed the box.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Jan 30, 2021
DRich
DRich
January 30th, 2021 at 9:04:51 AM permalink
JJJOOOGGG, why don't you just move. I assume you are an adult, just go. Don't let anyone else make you miserable.

I loved what my parents did for us kids. They offered to pay for our college tuition if my two sisters and I agreed to move at least 500 miles from home to go to school. One of my sisters cheated and only went 499.5 miles but she got away with it. Not a single one of us ever moved back. I believe everyone needs to get out on their own.

By the way I did some work in you area, Port Aransas, I didn't really like that area but the little time I spent in Corpus I liked.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
January 30th, 2021 at 9:26:53 AM permalink

JJJOOOGGG, why don't you just move. I assume you are an adult, just go. Don't let anyone else make you miserable.

I loved what my parents did for us kids. They offered to pay for our college tuition if my two sisters and I agreed to move at least 500 miles from home to go to school. One of my sisters cheated and only went 499.5 miles but she got away with it. Not a single one of us ever moved back. I believe everyone needs to get out on their own.

By the way I did some work in you area, Port Aransas, I didn't really like that area but the little time I spent in Corpus I liked.

I recently realized that my purpose is to protect my parents from themselves. I am getting back on lexapro. I tried tappering.

Actually, i went cold turkey bc i had to find a new doctor. The insurance website was out of date. Zocdoc showed that no doctors were accepting appt’s in person. Only online. I used the zocdoc webcam to see a doctor same day from another city.

Our accountant said that there is a culture where people pull each other back down here. Even my dad never once talked about my future and my psychologist had a word to say about both my parents.

Corpus has the beach. We have a major port, refineries and oil. Which helps corpus going.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Jan 30, 2021
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
January 30th, 2021 at 11:54:14 AM permalink
Mcallen looks decades better than Corpus. Even today.

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 30th, 2021 at 8:29:02 PM permalink

Gangs waste so much time surveilling for no reason. If they spent as much time working as driving to our office on call theyd make alot of money in another job.

Gangs never change. I have a friend
who was close to the Mafia in the
late 50's. He said they spent all
day every day sitting around in
expensive suits playing cards
and coming up with stupid ideas
for committing crimes. 99% of
the crimes would never work but
once in awhile they hit a big score.
My friend was a young Jewish kid
then and they used him to take
stolen property to the Jewish pawn
shops.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 31st, 2021 at 11:30:26 AM permalink

I told my dad in 2008 that i wanted to move. He exploded. I convinced him in 2010 to let me work in austin. I worked in austin. Until 2013 when the city began destroying his business. My dad still didnt want to sell. So i became his ac tech plumber mower and electrician. Now that dad is mentally incapacitated. Mom wants to stay open here. She is 79. This city would literally make her homeless. Which they almost did. Ive talked about this with a psychologist psychotherapist psychiastrist and friends and estate lawyers. I cant deem mom’s mental faculties diminished for bad decisions. She has to have dimentia. She moves like she is 60. She delivers buckets and boxes of supplies. I have enemies and bad memories here.

From experience, I can say it helps to bring in an outside authority figure when you talk to elderly parents rather than do it all yourself. My siblings convinced my dad with his doctor present that he needed to relocate.

But it’s even better if your parents realize they need to make these decisions on their own than let it pile on their kids one day.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
January 31st, 2021 at 6:54:20 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

From experience, I can say it helps to bring in an outside authority figure when you talk to elderly parents rather than do it all yourself. My siblings convinced my dad with his doctor present that he needed to relocate.

But it’s even better if your parents realize they need to make these decisions on their own than let it pile on their kids one day.

He was put in rehab place recovering from flu type B and into a retirement commuinty after he got a blood clot in his leg. Both times, they recommended that he stay in a retirement home. But dad wants to stay home. I guess for now.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
petroglyph
February 1st, 2021 at 1:30:37 AM permalink

But dad wants to stay home. I guess for now.

You have no idea what it's like
to be older, or you would not
question his decision. Home
is everything.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 4th, 2021 at 10:30:28 AM permalink
I used to own an atm business. I ordered an item pertinent to the atm business. The item never arrived. Another dealer said that they think im building a bomb. Other dealer said that the dealer is lying that it is being held up in customs and said he wanted to know how it ends up. 9 years later , I never received the item. No $400 refund. I know that the authorities didnt investigate my background. Because no one ever seems to look at my facebook profile when i apply somewhere. The national atm corp i partnered with cheated me 3 times.
They gave someone else 21 locations i found. Charged $400 for an item that doesnt exist. The clients were difficult.

My friend works for homeland. I wont tell title. Except that he finished his bachelors. He said that his job is about “paranoid old people. Leads go no where.” He offered me a law enf job. Sometimes i wish i had joined.

My boss said that my apartment called the cops to be sure that i work for him. Because the apartment let the cops in.

This same high end apt complex wouldnt let me see surveilance tapes for my van break in. Its one of the residents. He left his trunk open after he took his lug wrench to break in.

A lawyer tried to start a fight with me and apologized. His roommate said that he wanted to sue me. I have never seen him before. I dont like living with young rich people in high end apts. maybe i might change my mind. Someday. I met a karen at my condo.

An old man tried to start a fight saying my ppl eat their own feces. Another girl spit on me and wanted to fight.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Apr 4, 2021
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 4th, 2021 at 1:20:54 PM permalink
Everyone told my mom not to hire the manager including me. Manager starts telling everyone her family is gang. We have 2 bad yrs under her. Mom finally agrees with us. Business is doing better after she left.

I would hear the gang manager cry in the background saying her job is impossible. I did the schedule with twice as many locations for over a year in 2014. These gang members have turned to gangs bc their mental issues.

Weve had numerous gang members work for us from 3 different gangs. Only one turned out okay. But we didnt rehire bc he was stealing. And didnt want to associate with a small time drug dealer. He just got out of prison for drug. It would bring more drama.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Apr 4, 2021
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
April 4th, 2021 at 3:04:45 PM permalink
You certainly have a lot of stories to tell.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 23rd, 2021 at 2:04:33 AM permalink
I do have all sorts of stories.

It was raining hard. I was fixing something in a store after closing. A man with a hoodie and a tattooed face asked for a drink. I didnt want to open the window. So i said no. He kept yelling help. He didnt notice in the rain that i had left. I saw on camera that he was banging on the window yelling help. I called 911 that he might break the window like many times before. I heard on webcam him say “f*****g cop.” I heard a cop pull up and talk to him.

The abandoned rv is a long story. The cop kept saying, “this is weird.”

Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Apr 23, 2021
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 23rd, 2021 at 9:17:12 AM permalink
Perhaps if you refrained from calling the cops when someone asks for a cup of water, you might get along with your neighbors/customers.
If you get a reputation for calling 911 whenever a man with a face tattoo asks for something, they may not respond with urgency sometime when you actually need them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:11:35 PM permalink
I actually dont call cops most of the time. I just tired of fixing broken windows. Window shops want to replace everything. I replace only the glass.

I didnt call for drive bys, assault, burglaries. Ive been mugged 8-10 times. I didnt call 911 for half of them. Because cops dont have the man power or motivation. If the cops only knew how many times that I avoided calling cops. Sometimes my workers will call or push me to call. But Ive been running this business for a long time. The problem is that i avoid calling too often. I need to make reports. This one guy vandalized our office when his stolen truck broke down. I didnt want to call police. But the man slept outside and talked to my delivery driver. Cops took delivery drivers info. Detective was confused why he was point of contact and asked if my driver was the owner. I had to make 3 copies of the surveillance video bc the detectives lost and asked again for tape And wanted more footage.

We also are the only restaurant in town with a homeless problem. Our customers have complained. The workers dont really care to call cops and trespass warning. Cops are more vigilant of homeless on our vacant lots. One homeless man built a shed. Code enf said to tear it down. Have you ever had to dismantle a homeless man domicile while hes sleeping. Its not a great feeling. I gave him ten.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:24:08 PM permalink
I'm getting sick of all this "Black Lives Matter" nonsense that's been headlining the daily news for over a year now.

These self-indulgent anarchists have basically destroyed the core of Portland with their rioting and burning, and the limp-wristed liberals running stumptown do nothing to stop them.

This really pisses me off.
"What, me worry?"
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
Thanked by
jjjoooggg
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:25:04 PM permalink
To Clarify, referring to JJJOOOGGG's post:

OMG, crazy. Hope things settle down and look up for you.

PET PEEVE:

A gaggle of tourists standing in a circle in the wide aisleway BLOCKING practically the whole darn thing. No, the WORLD does NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU. IE ,the Tourists blocking the aisleway, NOT YOU.

Carry on.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
JohnnyQ
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:27:50 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I'm getting sick of all this "Black Lives Matter" nonsense that's been headlining the daily news for over a year now.

These self-indulgent anarchists have basically destroyed the core of Portland with their rioting and burning, and the limp-wristed liberals running stumptown do nothing to stop them.

. Mike has asked for this political rant to be taken over to DT. I’m saving a moderator the effort to give you a warning. There is an entire thread called Black Lies Matter over on DT.
MrV
MrV
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:29:13 PM permalink
OK, fair enough: I didn't realize that.
Last edited by: MrV on Apr 23, 2021
"What, me worry?"
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:37:38 PM permalink

Still, it IS a peeve ... and well worth discussing!

Yeah well what about idiot tourists standing in a circle almost blocking the entire passage way. NOW THAT's a PET PEEVE.

OK, carry on TM.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:37:38 PM permalink

Still, it IS a peeve ... and well worth discussing!

Yeah well what about idiot tourists standing in a circle almost blocking the entire passage way. NOW THAT's a PET PEEVE.

Accidental DUPE, but certainly worth repeating.

OK, carry on TM.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:46:46 PM permalink

I didnt think crime would get this bad. But alot of crime lately. I listened to the scanner last night. Alot of fighting and shootings.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:51:24 PM permalink
MrV
MrV
April 23rd, 2021 at 2:15:37 PM permalink
OK, a Vegas-related peeve: it is based however on my prior trips, and I haven't been back for several years: perhaps things have changed?

Las Vegas is in a desert.

Why isn't water freely available for patrons?

Unless things have changed, when I was at MGM or Bellagio the only way to get water used to be via a CW, and I'd need to tip a CW or look and feel cheap.

Self-serve water should be freely and readily available in all casinos.

That's how it is in tribal casinos in Oregon: water, soft drinks and coffee are free and self-serve (of course that policy was modified by covid, but things seem to be opening up again).
"What, me worry?"
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
April 23rd, 2021 at 2:17:52 PM permalink
I've seen the self-serve stations open back up.

a) Local-ish casino

b) Wendy's
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
Thanked by
FTB
April 23rd, 2021 at 2:18:04 PM permalink
When you see ppl wearing hoodies in warm climate with tear tatoos.

Once after closing a guy in a winter parka in the summer, stood behind the next building. He said “hey” in the friendliest voice. But he was running full sprint towards me in darkness. I ran inside and locked the door.

The lady had the most friendliest smile and voice. Clean, not homeless. I didnt give her money and she spit on my face and wanted me to fight, lifting her fists hopping around. I didnt call cops.

Office lot, This guy is running towards me full sprint. I yell “stop.”Just before he reaches me. I reach towards unseen weapon. He keeps yelling “ f**k u my truck is broken f**k u “ “ “. He drives away. But ive seen him before with his pants down or just parked.

I was on the roof. And saw an suv back into my van. He said that he didnt. I told hom “ you hit my van”. All hell broke lose. 2 women screaming. His mom and friend. 911 asked if i brandished. I didnt.

I was moving a new ice machine after closing. I opened the door to go outside. A short petite woman had a knife in front of my face. With the meanest yell. “Give me your money.” I shut the door.

I was jogging on the beach at night. Tall skinny white teen is running perpendicular towards me. When i saw him. I ran. He kept yelling “hey”.

A man in front of our store said that his wife left him there. He looked clean. Not homeless. Said he needed a ride to the hospital to see someone. I saw a small cut on him. I gave him 5 bucks. But didnt offer a lift.

We had this one store, a cop saw me after closing. and stayed there for 30 min bc he said it was not safe. My co worker said she used to live there. She said it is t safe to be there after closing. She said that “they are unpredictable.” I saw an electrician installing a smart meter with a crew of 5-10 ppl. He had a open carry on him.

One cop said that he would drive on a certain street with his windows up. It wasnt far from there. I had to go there to pick up a worker.

Etc etc
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 23rd, 2021 at 4:29:25 PM permalink

OK, a Vegas-related peeve: it is based however on my prior trips, and I haven't been back for several years: perhaps things have changed?

Las Vegas is in a desert.

Why isn't water freely available for patrons?

I've been to one where it was (and "fruit-infused" water at that): Rampart.

I think free self-serve soft drinks has been tried, and the consensus was, most of the time, they were used by homeless people. I can see a similar problem with water - not necessarily by homeless people, but by tourists who would come in, fill up their water bottles, and leave.

Besides - isn't Vegas, like most of California, in yet still even again another one of its droughts?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 23rd, 2021 at 4:46:55 PM permalink
There is a very entertaining blackjack book called something like 1536 free bottles of water. It's about the experience of a rookie counter in an Indian casino that gives out free waters.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
Thanked by
FTB
April 23rd, 2021 at 4:48:39 PM permalink
I was behind one of our stores after closing, about 11pm. I was with a uniformed cop. He had his patrol car. I saw a sedan drive into the lot. I told him “who are these guys?” Two young skinny men got out and walked to us. The cop pulled out his gun and pointed down. They asked, “ where is dps?” Cop said firmly, “ dps is closed, go.” They asked again “ where is dps?” Cop said again, “ dps is closed , go.”
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
Hunterhill
April 23rd, 2021 at 4:52:09 PM permalink
Fly into Palm Springs and all you see is a large patch of lush green golf courses surrounded by barren desert for at least 100 miles in all directions. Enter the airport bathroom and they have the nerve to have a sign above the sink along the lines of “conserve water; it’s our way of life.” Meanwhile the entire community revolves around a preposterous waste of resources pandering to old money. Yeah, golf courses have no good reason to exist in Las Vegas or Phoenix either.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 23rd, 2021 at 5:28:29 PM permalink

I was behind one of our stores after closing, about 11pm. I was with a uniformed cop

Where the heck do you live. I couldn't stand it. I could leave a package on my deck for a year and nobody would steal it.
BoSox
BoSox
  • Threads: 8
April 23rd, 2021 at 5:39:32 PM permalink
Where I live it is almost impossible to find a men's clothing store.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 23rd, 2021 at 8:34:34 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Where the heck do you live. I couldn't stand it. I could leave a package on my deck for a year and nobody would steal it.

Corpus christi. But the store is in a low income area. Our house is in a nice area.

I doubt there is many safe places in the country. But im no expert.

There is a reason those kids wanted to talk to us. This city changed alot in the last 2 years.
MrV
MrV
Thanked by
Hunterhill
April 23rd, 2021 at 9:23:53 PM permalink

I doubt there is many safe places in the country. But im no expert.

Pretty safe in the lakes region of New Hampshire.

I have a summer home there on Lake Winnipesaukee and feel much safer there than I do in Portland these days.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 23rd, 2021 at 9:51:02 PM permalink

Corpus christi. .

90 ° Temps with 90 percent humidity; I would die there in about 20 minutes. People say oh, you get used to it. People who are telling the truth say you never get used to it.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
April 23rd, 2021 at 10:41:32 PM permalink

Pretty safe in the lakes region of New Hampshire.

I have a summer home there on Lake Winnipesaukee and feel much safer there than I do in Portland these days.

I think most of NH and Vermont are some of the safest places to live in the U.S.
FTB
FTB
  • Threads: 7
April 24th, 2021 at 6:41:21 AM permalink

When you see ppl wearing hoodies in warm climate with tear tatoos.

Once after closing a guy in a winter parka in the summer, stood behind the next building. He said “hey” in the friendliest voice. But he was running full sprint towards me in darkness. I ran inside and locked the door.

The lady had the most friendliest smile and voice. Clean, not homeless. I didnt give her money and she spit on my face and wanted me to fight, lifting her fists hopping around. I didnt call cops.

Office lot, This guy is running towards me full sprint. I yell “stop.”Just before he reaches me. I reach towards unseen weapon. He keeps yelling “ f**k u my truck is broken f**k u “ “ “. He drives away. But ive seen him before with his pants down or just parked.

I was on the roof. And saw an suv back into my van. He said that he didnt. I told hom “ you hit my van”. All hell broke lose. 2 women screaming. His mom and friend. 911 asked if i brandished. I didnt.

I was moving a new ice machine after closing. I opened the door to go outside. A short petite woman had a knife in front of my face. With the meanest yell. “Give me your money.” I shut the door.

I was jogging on the beach at night. Tall skinny white teen is running perpendicular towards me. When i saw him. I ran. He kept yelling “hey”.

A man in front of our store said that his wife left him there. He looked clean. Not homeless. Said he needed a ride to the hospital to see someone. I saw a small cut on him. I gave him 5 bucks. But didnt offer a lift.

We had this one store, a cop saw me after closing. and stayed there for 30 min bc he said it was not safe. My co worker said she used to live there. She said it is t safe to be there after closing. She said that “they are unpredictable.” I saw an electrician installing a smart meter with a crew of 5-10 ppl. He had a open carry on him.

One cop said that he would drive on a certain street with his windows up. It wasnt far from there. I had to go there to pick up a worker.

Etc etc

I was behind one of our stores after closing, about 11pm. I was with a uniformed cop. He had his patrol car. I saw a sedan drive into the lot. I told him “who are these guys?” Two young skinny men got out and walked to us. The cop pulled out his gun and pointed down. They asked, “ where is dps?” Cop said firmly, “ dps is closed, go.” They asked again “ where is dps?” Cop said again, “ dps is closed , go.”

Formally requesting your own thread filled only with these entertaining short stories in same writing style (to be possibly compiled into a book later on down the line).
Playing #DH Texas Poker# Texas Hold 'Em by Droid Hen Droidhen use referral code 8pjpdna
DRich
DRich
April 24th, 2021 at 7:34:29 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

90 ° Temps with 90 percent humidity;

To me that sounds much nicer than any temperature below 50 degrees.

Next weekend it is supposed to get to 99 degrees in Las Vegas. I am excited because it has been damn cold here lately. I usually golf between 5:30am and 6:30am and it has been in the mid 50's which freezes my chicken legs.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 24th, 2021 at 12:34:53 PM permalink
15 years ago. I just moved back in town. I was about to make a right turn into the nicest houses of the city. Lawyer, judge, foundation member, etc lived there. i glanced to my left and saw a boy leaning outside the passenger window with a bandana covering his face. His hands were behind the door. I made my right turn and u turned but he was too far away. A cop flashed his lights that i was driving too fast.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 24th, 2021 at 12:40:32 PM permalink

To me that sounds much nicer than any temperature below 50 degrees.

Next weekend it is supposed to get to 99 degrees in Las Vegas. I am excited because it has been damn cold here lately. I usually golf between 5:30am and 6:30am and it has been in the mid 50's which freezes my chicken legs.

I tried alot to find the best shoes for the job. It makes being on my feet and climbing all day more productive. Comfortable but not really durable.

Waterproof , composite toe , oil slip resistant, xxw, slip on boots with superfeet insoles
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Apr 24, 2021
  • Jump to: