Thread Rating:

Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
August 15th, 2012 at 6:39:17 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Wiz, this has to be up there for post of the day!!

Well done Switch.....I did LOL when I read this one.

Thanks Michael, I find it fun to play with words when I'm not twisting game rules :-)

Here's a couple of others while I'm feeling inventive hehe:-

SOOPOO asked about paying HotBlonde
She said "Cash, I'm particularly fond"
But as long as it's fresh
I'll take one pound of flesh
Or consider a treasury bond

HotBlonde's aiming for her final weight
To get down to one sixty point eight
But she'll be even thinner
Without SOOPOO's dinner
Unless they make up by that date

Ok, back to Blackjack :-)
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 15th, 2012 at 6:53:56 PM permalink
On this board some minds made of mush

On the subject of weight loss did gush

They went round and round

About losing a pound

And now, alas, shove came to push
"What, me worry?"
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
August 15th, 2012 at 6:54:56 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is too much fun. Welllll.... here goes..... A couple weeks back HB and I were communicating on where and how to celebrate her success. I had told her, long ago, that I would take her out for a dinner in Vegas, in addition to paying her the well earned bet she would have won. When it became clear that we would be having a WoV celebratory dinner on Wednesday, and HB wanted our 'special dinner' on Thursday, I pointed out how that may be difficult as I may be bringing a lady friend with me, and explaining why my first two nights in Vegas with my new lady friend, I would be spending with a woman who calls herself HotBlonde... Well, HB could not understand my trepidation, and basically badgered me until I could take no more, and I withdrew the offer of the extra dinner.
Well forum, that is my 'abusive bullying' story. I am very interested to see how HB tries to twist this one against me, but thems are the facts.

On a more important note, I think we will be taking the number two spot from Chip Of The Day!

Scott, you are 100% lying here!!! And I'm assuming you are doing that because of the fact that you know that you have been looking bad. I have told nothing but the truth and you are now lying and telling a completely fabricated story out of desperation. Why are you trying to make me look bad? Because I've been nothing but honest on here and you don't like that people are seeing the truth about you? Shame on you! I never thought you would resort to lying. Complete and utter lies!

Do I have your permission to post the actual private messages sent to show everyone what a liar you are? I don't remember mentioning ANYTHING about having dinner on a Thursday, I told you SEVERAL times that I didn't care if you brought your lady friend to the dinner that you had promised me, and even ENCOURAGED you to bring her! You promised me as part of my personal reward from you that you would treat me to ANY restaurant I wanted of my choice, even if it was an expensive place. I told you that I was really looking forward to this dinner, with you and your lady friend, making it known to you that I was planning on picking a fancy restaurant that I had never been to that I normally wouldn't be able to afford myself. I even told you that this was something that I was really excited about and was going to be a big highlight on my trip and how I had spent hours picking the perfect place. THEN when I announced that I made the final decision that I would not be posting new pics or my weight for the rest of the challenge, you PUSHED me to do so, and when I told you that for the fun and excitement of my final weigh in I was gonna wait to have a big reveal, you then tried strong-arming me AGAIN, as is your normal self, by telling me that since I wasn't going to do what YOU wanted me to do (which is part of your control issues!!) that you were now not going to hold up your end of the promise and not take me any more to this luxurious restaurant that you KNEW I was so looking forward to! Gee, does all this sound familiar? Maybe cuz it's the truth!

You are completely out of your mind!! How dare you lie on here to try to make me look bad. You have stooped so low! I don't care what kind of medical degrees you have as a person you suck big time and are WAY low! I have told NOTHING but the truth on here, never lying about you or my experiences with you. Are you going to say that what happened in Vegas with you screaming at me and cursing at me and putting me down when I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong didn't happen either? I'd like to hear your twisted version of that story too.

So, I'm just waiting for your pemission to post the exact PM's, word for word, between you and I about our Vegas dinner on here for the world to see so they can see what a liar you are! I would bet EVERYTHING I have that you would not give me permission to do this as then people will have PROOF that you really aren't what you want them to believe.

You've gotten yourself in a sticky situation here and backed yourself into a corner. I await your response, and that is if you're not already suspended at that time for violating the Wizard's rule on libel: 8.Keep it legal: Don't post anything that would violate the laws of Nevada or the United States. For example, anything libelous, or promoting anything obviously illegal.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 15th, 2012 at 6:59:28 PM permalink
You should stop while you're ahead, Scott. You're just digging your own grave.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 15th, 2012 at 7:02:34 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Scott, you are 100% lying here!!! And I'm assuming you are doing that because of the fact that you know that you have been looking bad. I have told nothing but the truth and you are now lying and telling a completely fabricated story out of desperation. Why are you trying to make me look bad? Because I've been nothing but honest on here and you don't like that people are seeing the truth about you? Shame on you! I never thought you would resort to lying. Complete and utter lies!

Do I have your permission to post the actual private messages sent to show everyone what a liar you are? I don't remember mentioning ANYTHING about having dinner on a Thursday, I told you SEVERAL times that I didn't care if you brought your lady friend to the dinner that you had promised me, and even ENCOURAGED you to bring her! You promised me as part of my personal reward from you that you would treat me to ANY restaurant I wanted of my choice, even if it was an expensive place. I told you that I was really looking forward to this dinner, with you and your lady friend, making it known to you that I was planning on picking a fancy restaurant that I had never been to that I normally wouldn't be able to afford myself. I even told you that this was something that I was really excited about and was going to be a big highlight on my trip and how I had spent hours picking the perfect place. THEN when I announced that I made the final decision that I would not be posting new pics or my weight for the rest of the challenge, you PUSHED me to do so, and when I told you that for the fun and excitement of my final weigh in I was gonna wait to have a big reveal, you then tried strong-arming me AGAIN, as is your normal self, by telling me that since I wasn't going to do what YOU wanted me to do (which is part of your control issues!!) that you were now not going to hold up your end of the promise and not take me any more to this luxurious restaurant that you KNEW I was so looking forward to! Gee, does all this sound familiar? Maybe cuz it's the truth!

You are completely out of your mind!! How dare you lie on here to try to make me look bad. You have stooped so low! I don't care what kind of medical degrees you have as a person you suck big time and are WAY low! I have told NOTHING but the truth on here, never lying about you or my experiences with you. Are you going to say that what happened in Vegas with you screaming at me and cursing at me and putting me down when I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong didn't happen either? I'd like to hear your twisted version of that story too.

So, I'm just waiting for your pemission to post the exact PM's, word for word, between you and I about our Vegas dinner on here for the world to see so they can see what a liar you are! I would bet EVERYTHING I have that you would not give me permission to do this as then people will PROOF that you really aren't what you want them to believe.

You gotten yourself in a sticky situation here and backed yourself into a corner. I await your response, and that is if you're not already suspended at that time for violating the Wizard's rule on libel: 8.Keep it legal: Don't post anything that would violate the laws of Nevada or the United States. For example, anything libelous, or promoting anything obviously illegal.

Reading those two versions, it looks like things boil down to this set of facts:

Scott withdrew the offer of dinner, and HB didn't like it. It doesn't matter which night it was on, it doesn't matter how much HB was looking forward to it, it doesn't matter if Scott was kind of an ass about withdrawing the offer. That's all that happened. Wow.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 15th, 2012 at 7:04:47 PM permalink
Quote: texasplumr

Surely you jest? This is the bullying she's talking about? Wow!!!!

Not even close. And what HB posted later on isn't even a third as bad as other things I know.

Quote:

And of course my observation earlier about blocking and then Nareed went so far as to explain how, I'm wondering why she hasn't blocked SOOPOO if she's so afraid of him? If I was that frightened I would have blocked him long ago.

Not that I have to explain myself, but it was in order to avoid another flame war. And that's all you're going to get.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 15th, 2012 at 7:09:12 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Reading those two versions, it looks like things boil down to this set of facts:

Scott withdrew the offer of dinner, and HB didn't like it. It doesn't matter which night it was on, it doesn't matter how much HB was looking forward to it, it doesn't matter if Scott was kind of an ass about withdrawing the offer. That's all that happened. Wow.

1) That's NOT all that happened. Just the latest

2) Soopoo is using a freely offered gift as leverage to get his way, which in this case means in making HotBlonde do as he says. That's grossly insulting and massively disrespectful; not to mention bad manners.

3) A classic bullying tactic is to misrepresent a bad act to make the perpetrator appear to be the victim.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 15th, 2012 at 7:09:50 PM permalink
I don't understand why you would consider going out to eat in a fancy restaurant as a prize or reward for weight loss.

Virtue is its own reward.

Seriously girl, it is one thing to slim down after being a heifer, but unless you want to go back to being a fatso, you need to permanently modify your eating habits.

see ... forks over knives

Good luck to you.
"What, me worry?"
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
August 15th, 2012 at 7:15:19 PM permalink
This thread is the precise reason why I chose NOT to interact socially with people on a forum. I have climbed a mountain with the Wiz, however, that is the only time we have gotten together. I have also asked SooPoo if he would be interested in having dinner or something when he is here, providing that I am in town.

Other than that, I intentionally missed the WoVCon activities even though I live here. Way too much drama happens when people can put a face with a name.

BTW, I still hope HB makes her weight, and I hope there is homicide attached to it.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
August 15th, 2012 at 7:20:07 PM permalink
Quote: avargov

BTW, I still hope HB makes her weight, and I hope there is homicide attached to it.

Wait, what?!? Please tell me this is the best auto-correct of all time! You're on your tablet, right?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
avargov
avargov
August 15th, 2012 at 7:22:00 PM permalink

Wait, what?!? Please tell me this is the best auto-correct of all time! You're on your tablet, right?

Whoops....hehehe....I did mean "no homicide". lol
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
August 15th, 2012 at 7:23:22 PM permalink
Promising a luxurious dinner to a woman, and then refusing to take her?
Are you kidding me? This is so much worse than simple abuse. It is TORTURE.
SOOPOO should be greatful he did not get arrested on the spot, you, despicable woman beater!
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 15th, 2012 at 7:26:10 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

1) That's NOT all that happened. Just the latest

EXACTLY! That's why I said I had to put a stop to this!!!

2) Soopoo is using a freely offered gift as leverage to get his way, which in this case means in making HotBlonde do as he says. That's grossly insulting and massively disrespectful; not to mention bad manners.

YES! And not just insulting and disrespectful (which are both things that Scott continuously denies having done to me on several occasions) this is a CONTROLLING issue! BIG RED FLAG! That's what abusive people do!

3) A classic bullying tactic is to misrepresent a bad act to make the perpetrator appear to be the victim.

That's what abusers do!!! Are people not seeing this???
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 15th, 2012 at 7:28:49 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I don't understand why you would consider going out to eat in a fancy restaurant as a prize or reward for weight loss.

Seriously girl, it is one thing to slim down after being a heifer, but unless you want to go back to being a fatso, you need to permanently modify your eating habits.

see ... forks over knives

Good luck to you.

Have fun during your suspension!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
August 15th, 2012 at 7:31:58 PM permalink

Are people not seeing this???

I think a big part of the problem is that your own words are making you look petty & needy. Your description would have been more sympathetic, at least to me, if you hadn't called it a "luxurious" dinner that you "couldn't afford (yourself)." Scott might have been a real jerk here, but what people are seeing is that you wanted to spend hundreds of dollars of his money and then flipped out when you couldn't.
weaselman
weaselman
August 15th, 2012 at 7:32:18 PM permalink

That's what abusers do!!! Are people not seeing this???

I think, most people are seeing quite clearly by now, that this is exactly what you two are doing here.
avargov
avargov
August 15th, 2012 at 7:36:42 PM permalink
HB, why don't you just block him and be done with it? If he fails to pay you after that, really, big deal! You will still have lost the weight, and the forum will clearly see what kind of guy SooPoo is. If he still pays you, then great, you have the dough, and we will see that he is a stand up guy.

Pretty easy really....
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 15th, 2012 at 7:39:45 PM permalink

Have fun during your suspension!

What suspension?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
August 15th, 2012 at 7:43:08 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

What suspension?

The one for committing what HB has determined to be libel. I really hope this is where Mike draws the line about granting HB her wishes...

Side question: Slander is spoken; libel is written for publication. Are offending posts on a board like this technically libel or slander?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 15th, 2012 at 7:53:23 PM permalink

I think a big part of the problem is that your own words are making you look petty & needy. Your description would have been more sympathetic, at least to me, if you hadn't called it a "luxurious" dinner that you "couldn't afford (yourself)." Scott might have been a real jerk here, but what people are seeing is that you wanted to spend hundreds of dollars of his money and then flipped out when you couldn't.

I never asked him to take me to dinner, HE OFFERED ME!!! These are all words HE HIMSELF USED when making the offer! So think twice before you sit there and judge me!

Reminds me of when he CONTINUOUSLY kept telling me "money isn't an issue" and to "name my own price" (yes, EXACT quotes of his!) in regards to my financial reward in losing 90 pounds in 9 months. He gloated about how much money he makes, how much he pays his wife, etc. etc. And I told Mike a while back - and I know that Nareed is going to love this :) - that Scott seems to be one of those guys who flaunts his money around to lure women in and then uses it against the woman. Again, this is abusive behavior!! Ask Mike about my conversation with him about that, I'm not making this up!

You know, Ross, I very disappointed that you are judging me the way that you are. I have been nice to you in PM's, wanting you to come to my weigh-in and turning it into a birthday/weigh-in celebration, even telling the forum and my friends about your birthday on that day. I have done nothing bad to you and don't know why you are acting like this towards me.

I am honestly just becoming thoroughly disgusted with this site and the people on this site. You all had made up your minds at some point to not like me and even though I have done nothing but told the truth and am even attempting to present evidence in my defense you are all too prideful to admit that you were actually wrong this entire time! Why don't you all swallow your pride and see the truth before your very own eyes!! Is this some sort of weird guy code you are all adhering to or something? That even when you find out you are wrong you still don't back down? What kind of men are those???

Quote: weaselman

I think, most people are seeing quite clearly by now, that this is exactly what you two are doing here.

You're just proving what I just wrote above.

HB, why don't you just block him and be done with it? If he fails to pay you after that, really, big deal! You will still have lost the weight, and the forum will clearly see what kind of guy SooPoo is.

How are you all not seeing this already? I am FLABBERGASTED!

The one for committing what HB has determined to be libel. I really hope this is where Mike draws the line about granting HB her wishes...

Side question: Slander is spoken; libel is written for publication. Are offending posts on a board like this technically libel or slander?

Bob is refering to the comment I made to MrV, not SOOPOO.
avargov
avargov
August 15th, 2012 at 8:06:39 PM permalink
I don't know what it is that I am not seeing. If you win, and he pays, he is alright with me. If you win, and he doesn't pay, then he will move into the lowlife category. Same with you depending on the outcome. All this other drama is just that, drama. The only thing that matters to me is whether the bet is settled honorably. Since I have no personal interest in either of you, I don't care what else is going on. That is why I say to block him. He will either pay or not. And if he doesn't, when it comes right down to it, what can you do about it? Nothing, legally. Save yourself the stress. Continue what you are doing, lose the weight, win the bet, and move on.

Like the Internet Oracle Evenbob said, this is business. Don't allow yourself to be dragged down my the personal nonsense. Either win the bet, or lose the bet.
weaselman
weaselman
August 15th, 2012 at 8:06:41 PM permalink

Scott seems to be one of those guys who flaunts his money around to lure women in and then uses it against the woman. Again, this is abusive behavior!!

That abusive woman beating bastard! Not only he dares to retract his offer of an expensive dinner, he also has the ATROCITY of wishing to have a say in how his own money is spent.

Quote: HoteBlonde

You're just proving what I just wrote above.

Almost, but not quite. In reality, what you wrote there is proof of what I have been telling you all along.
More accurately, it's not so much "proof", as your realization of it. You know what I mean, but are going to pretend that you don't.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
August 15th, 2012 at 8:10:14 PM permalink
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
August 15th, 2012 at 8:12:39 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

On a more important note, I think we will be taking the number two spot from Chip Of The Day!

Likely so. I have repeatedly thanked people on that thread for keeping it free of outlandishly-petty spats and melodrama like the ones that represent most of the discussion in this thread. You are most welcome to keep the garbage posts here, even if they overtake the Spanish Word of the Day thread. It is amazing to me that people can keep doing this stuff.
avargov
avargov
August 15th, 2012 at 8:14:52 PM permalink

Or perhaps this:

Criticism vs. Slander or Libel

While the right to fairly criticize people or entities and publicly share information is one of the hallmarks of personal freedom, it is illegal in most places to malign the reputation of another through false information. Verbal comments as well as printed materials that can be supported with verifiable evidence cannot be considered defamation, even when that information does damage the reputation of another party. This is because the information is in fact the truth, and not fabrications created by someone who wishes to undermine the reputation of another through any means necessary. In other words, in some jurisdictions, the truth is a valid defense to defamation, including libel and slander.
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
August 15th, 2012 at 8:16:21 PM permalink

That abusive woman beating bastard! Not only he dares to retract his offer of an expensive dinner, he also has the ATROCITY of wishing to have a say in how his own money is spent.

Almost, but not quite. In reality, what you wrote there is proof of what I have been telling you all along.
More accurately, it's not so much "proof", as your realization of it. You know what I mean, but are going to pretend that you don't.

Sorry to nitpik, abuse you, strong arm you or spread any negativity around you weasel, but I think the word AUDACITY may have been a better choice.

Again, sorry about being despicable....what kind of man am I?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
August 15th, 2012 at 8:20:41 PM permalink
Quote: Woldus

what kind of man am I?

Man, you been a naughty boy. You are a legman (?) You are the Woldus!
weaselman
weaselman
August 15th, 2012 at 8:23:34 PM permalink

It's neither in this case. Libel (or slander) is a false statement, damaging to the person's reputation.
In this case, it seems that HB's own story damages what's left of her reputation much more than SOOPOO's version (even if the latter is false, which is not a given). I mean a woman getting upset at sight of competition is one thing, one going berserk over not getting treated to an expensive dinner is quite another ...

Quote: Woldus

Sorry to nitpik, abuse you,

At least, you have not committed the despicable act of breaking my post into several quotes!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
August 15th, 2012 at 8:32:02 PM permalink

It's neither in this case. Libel (or slander) is a false statement, damaging to the person's reputation.

Understood. My question was meant to be more general. When writing is specifically engineered to mimic and replace speech, does that make it slander? Or is it still libel since it is in fact written? Or should I just say defamation and move on? :-)
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
August 15th, 2012 at 8:34:37 PM permalink
i always liked the quote "God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal".
konceptum
konceptum
  • Threads: 33
August 15th, 2012 at 8:36:47 PM permalink

This thread is the precise reason why I chose NOT to interact socially with people on a forum

This. A millions times, this.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 15th, 2012 at 8:38:43 PM permalink

I don't know what it is that I am not seeing.

"what kind of guy SooPoo is", in your words. How do you not see already that he falls in the not-so-good category?

Like the Internet Oracle Evenbob said, this is business. Don't allow yourself to be dragged down my the personal nonsense.

Nonsense? He is telling lies to make me look bad and to get even more people to not like me! How is this ok?
FrGamble
FrGamble
August 15th, 2012 at 8:40:07 PM permalink
I used to think this thread was just funny
a healthy HotBlonde with pals she was chummy
then many problems arose
all we could see was her toes
now sadly I think it was all just about money.
avargov
avargov
August 15th, 2012 at 8:40:18 PM permalink
Don't flatter yourself. I don't think Soo's words have much impact on how anyone might feel about you. Now, your own words.....that might be a different story. And even if they do, who cares, it's an INTERNET FORUM!!!!!
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
August 15th, 2012 at 8:46:28 PM permalink
I'm still trying to figure out why making an innocent joke about getting laid warrants an immediate 3-day suspension but repeatedly calling someone a liar and saying that person "sucks big time" draws a bye.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 15th, 2012 at 8:46:47 PM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

now sadly I think it was all just about money.

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 15th, 2012 at 8:50:22 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Add another notch to the suspensions this thread has garnered. Three days for this one.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 15th, 2012 at 8:56:33 PM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

I used to think this thread was just funny...

Thank you Padre the limerick. You're very down to earth for a priest; I like that.

Thanks also to Switch for the additional ones. At this time, more than ever, this thread could use a little levity.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
August 15th, 2012 at 9:00:58 PM permalink
Is someone deleting all SooPoo's posts?

Half of me wants to block this thread. The other half is trying to steal zippyboy's popcorn. The third half is shaking my head at upset this is mightbe causing someone. The fourth half agrees with avargov.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
August 15th, 2012 at 9:05:30 PM permalink
this gets me thinking. would calling someone overweight or obese be considered insulting? does it matter if they actually are or arent? like if they are it isnt insulting. if they arent it is insulting. at work we have these charts for running insurance quotes whether someone is considered obese or not. i believe its based on height and gender, age may also be a factor.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 15th, 2012 at 9:05:52 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

At this time, more than ever, this thread could use a little levity.

Or concrete shoes and a body of water.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 15th, 2012 at 9:41:14 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Or concrete shoes and a body of water.

Actually, it concrete galoshes. They're boat shoes.

tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
August 15th, 2012 at 9:46:01 PM permalink
Not fer nothin', but the easiest way to deal with a controlling person is to take back the control.

If I had been in a situation where someone offered to buy me a fancy dinner in an expensive restaurant and then reneged on the deal, I wouldn't start whining and saying, "What a big bully you are! But you prommmmised to take me there and now you say you won't! How can you be so mean to me like that?"

I would just say, "Okay then, if you don't want to take me there you don't have to. Sure I'm disappointed but I know another nice place and I'll go with my other friend so you'll be free to do whatever you want. Maybe I'll go to that fancy place some other day with someone else. I can wait."

And voila! just like that the situation has been neutralized and the controller has been foiled.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 15th, 2012 at 9:54:19 PM permalink
>The "battle of the sexes" aspects of this thread are comical, if for no other reason than the guys just don't get it.
LOL.
>Look, we are manipulated by women: always have been, always will be.
Alas, yes! It is our inescapable fate.
>It is ongoing and due to our egos essentially undetectable.
Often.
> how to handle a man: "It's easy! Just yes him to death, then do as you please."
I overheard one woman advising another with "Don't ever do that (whatever it was, I forget) or you'll be doing what men say for the rest of your life".
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
August 15th, 2012 at 9:54:39 PM permalink
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 15th, 2012 at 10:00:33 PM permalink
Did anyone else notice that this thread overtook the Casino Chip of the Day for the second longest thread? I think it was at least 100 posts behind just a week ago.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 15th, 2012 at 10:11:57 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Did anyone else notice that this thread overtook the Casino Chip of the Day for the second longest thread? I think it was at least 100 posts behind just a week ago.

I noticed. I don't think it'll stay in the number 2 position for very long.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 15th, 2012 at 10:15:52 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

this gets me thinking. would calling someone overweight or obese be considered insulting? does it matter if they actually are or arent? like if they are it isnt insulting. if they arent it is insulting. at work we have these charts for running insurance quotes whether someone is considered obese or not. i believe its based on height and gender, age may also be a factor.

I honestly think that it depends on the verbiage. If you use unflattering personal insults, then I could see where one can rightfully be insulted. If someone is/was overweight, by personal admission, and one simply pointed it out in neutral terms, then I do not think it could be considered insulting. If someone is overweight by way of Empirical evidence and medical fact (or opinion, as some would have it) then it would probably need to be presented as such.

For example, I am a 28 year-old male that stands 6'4"...ok...6'3 + 1/2....and weighs in at 216 pounds. If someone were to take the information I just posted, cite a medical chart, and say, "According to this medical chart, you are overweight," I would have no right to be insulted. Alternatively, if someone were to say, "Hey, fat ass, how about taking that donut out of your pie-hole and go play some handball," then I would have the right to be insulted, though I wouldn't be.

The verbiage is immature in the latter, it is designed for the apparent purposes of being insulting, and I haven't had a donut since 2011.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 15th, 2012 at 10:27:27 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

and I haven't had a donut since 2011.

You're so defensive, for a guy that runs a philosophy
site. Shouldn't you be more zen-like?
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 15th, 2012 at 10:30:17 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You're so defensive, for a guy that runs a philosophy
site. Shouldn't you be more zen-like?

LOL!!!

I'm just a Moderator there, not the Administrator. If I were the Administrator, however, I would have mastered Philosophy and no longer feel compelled to defend myself against myself. I suppose I am a Dualist, in this regard.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
  • Jump to: