Thread Rating:

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
March 9th, 2012 at 11:23:40 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Narcissism (in the sense that Dorothy is using it, not a clinical diagnosis) is not a "severe mental issue", it's more of a personality trait. (almost) Everybody exhibits some amount of it, it is not degrading to point it out.

weaselman, I'm assuming you haven't read all the posts in this thread since you've made several mistakes in your comments. For one, Dorothy did not just simply call me a narcissist, she went further than that on more than one occasion. Since I'm assuming you missed this, here's what she's said about me:

Quote: DorothyGale

she has an evident psychological disorder

has a clear psychological disorder that she fits like a glove. Whatever is driving that disorder, whether it's a self-esteem issue, or childhood sexual assault, or a fractured family life, or drugs and alcohol, or sexual identity issues, or whatever...

What I know about H.B. is that one symptom is her weight, one symptom is her narcissism, one symptom is her victimization by someone she doesn't know who could be anybody, who happens to say a few casual observations on a public thread, one symptom is having enabling codependent friends...

Like you say, most people don't come online to make such observations about others, or rather, most people do not encounter such observations made about them by others online, because most people do not start threads on public forums, dedicated solely to them, and/or do not keep them active for months.

Again, I did not start this thread, SOOPOO did.

Oh, and if I were you, I would apologise to SOOPOO for your behaviour earlier in this thread. Your outburst at him was totally uncalled for.

What is it that you think I need to apologize to him about? For calling him out on his constant disrespect towards me? He has made a habit of insulting me and disrespecting me, most of it completely off this thread. I've told him that before in private but he seems to think he does no harm. The only reason I pointed it out to him on here was cuz he disrespected me on here.

Or rather, they were, before you, on your own volition, made them subject for public discussion.

The psychological reasons behind my obesity is not what's open for discussion, weaselman. Any personal issues I may have are just that... personal. The way DG went about trying to diagnose and point out what she sees as flaws IS degrading, whether you see it as that or not.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
March 9th, 2012 at 11:33:55 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Oh well... I've tried to stay out of this mess... The phrase 'money is not an issue' is never an exact phrase. I expected HB to select a far lower amount than I am even now committed to, like a few hundred dollars, as I expected the money to be a secondary motive for her, and the actual self improvement to be the main motivation. Through hours of friendly discourse, we together, mostly of my doing, came up with the HB challenge. As anyone who has followed this serpentine thread is aware, I worked hard to get HB the opponents. I must say it is quite uncomfortable to read about 'the enormous amount of money' I make. I would have thought that that would be something that would not be bandied about in a forum like this. Anyway... I am really only making half an enormous amount of money right now.... and although I can well 'afford' to pay HB her bounty when she achieves success, it will be a large sum to me, about equal to my entire weeks gambling budget . I worked hard to set this up for HB, and STILL am rooting for her success. No good deed goes unpunished.....

You poor little rich boy.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
March 9th, 2012 at 11:46:32 AM permalink
Quote: HB

You poor little rich boy.

Get a fucking life.

say it somewhere else and to someone who gives a shit, you low-life

Here is an alternate definition of the word "hot":

Definition of hot
5. having or showing intense or violent feeling; ardent; fervent; vehement; excited: a hot temper.

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 9th, 2012 at 12:00:10 PM permalink

Here is an alternate definition of the word "hot":

Definition of hot
5. having or showing intense or violent feeling; ardent; fervent; vehement; excited: a hot temper.

--Ms. D.

The last 2 suspensions for personal insults were for someone telling a member they were full of sh** and for calling someone a nut job. Does calling someone a low life qualify? Just sayin.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 9th, 2012 at 12:01:43 PM permalink
Issues???
I want to see photos!!!!
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
March 9th, 2012 at 12:12:28 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Since I'm assuming you missed this, here's what she's said about me:

Yeah ... it did get a bit out of hand ... but, you must agree, not without your help.
In her initial post, all Dorothy said was that this thread (not even you) is narcissistic, which clearly and indisputably is true.
After you replied to that in a tone way more defensive and irritated than was called for, Dorothy in turn got defensive, and ended up saying some things she should not have. But you weren't an example of patience and courtesy yourself. In fact, your angry, out of proportion outbursts just happened to fit that very "narcissistic" profile she was talking about so perfectly, that the discussion went into a sort of a feedback loop if you will.

Quote:

Again, I did not start this thread, SOOPOO did.

He did it for you, didn't he?

Quote:

What is it that you think I need to apologize to him about?

Your behaviour and hostile and ungrateful stance that you took towards him.

Quote:

For calling him out on his constant disrespect towards me?
He has made a habit of insulting me and disrespecting me, most of it completely off this thread.

He was not insulting you. You need to understand, that someone disagreeing with you is not an insult. People are allowed to have different opinions, even on the matters where you are sure that you are right.

He set up this whole challenge for you, he lined up the "investors" to finance your endeavour, he offered personal guarantee to people who were in doubt, basically vouching for your integrity and honesty to them.
He earned the right to expect your gratitude, and instead he is getting this hostile, completely uncalled for treatment.
This is unbecoming.

Quote:

The psychological reasons behind my obesity is not what's open for discussion, weaselman.

If you don't like your private issues to be discussed, do not start discussions dedicated to your Self on public forums, much less, offer people to bet on your private issues.

Certainly, by offering a public bet connected to your obesity, you must be prepared to have an open discussion of its reasons, psychological or otherwise. I mean, please don't take this comparison too far, but if you were betting on a horse, would you not want to know if it had some kind of a health or attitude issue that would prevent it from displaying peak performance? And if you saw that horse limp, would it be wrong for you to speculate that, perhaps, there could be something wrong with its leg, despite your not being a trained veterinarian?

Quote:

Any personal issues I may have are just that... personal. The way DG went about trying to diagnose and point out what she sees as flaws IS degrading, whether you see it as that or not.

Well, I am sorry you see it this way. Once again she was not trying to diagnose anything, she just pointed out what (she thought) was obvious. I can understand why you don't like it, but don't shoot the messenger. The fact that your personality appears narcissistic, at least to some people, is ... well ... the fact. If you don't like that fact, you can attempt to change it by changing you personality or your attitude or both, but you have to understand that simply making those people, who tell you things you don't like, to shut up, will not actually change the reality ... not to the better, anyway.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 433
March 9th, 2012 at 12:43:12 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I am really only making half an enormous amount of money right now.... I worked hard to set this up for HB, and STILL am rooting for her success. No good deed goes unpunished.....

And no unwise bet gets to be retracted, only welched on. I
warned EB early on that nothing holds these bettors to
pay her, don't spend the money before you have it in your hands.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1388
March 9th, 2012 at 1:05:42 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

The last 2 suspensions for personal insults were for someone telling a member they were full of sh** and for calling someone a nut job. Does calling someone a low life qualify? Just sayin.

There is indeed a rule about personal insults and profanity. Mrjjj got 7 days for this post. However, I do think HB is entitled to defend herself, so I'm going to let it slide. It is threads like this that as the admin make my hair grey.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
kmumf
kmumf
  • Threads: 1
March 9th, 2012 at 1:19:40 PM permalink
Yes.. I think the WIZ has better things to do than baby sit internet people.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 9th, 2012 at 3:25:31 PM permalink
Yeah, folks, why don't you take a little self-imposed hiatus from this thread until things cool off?
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4

• Jump to: