1 vote (2.22%)
No votes (0%)

45 members have voted

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
March 3rd, 2024 at 9:13:12 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

As I pointed out above, the question is not the imaginary amount R.omes would turn down to have us moderators, but the imaginary amount he would be willing pay us to make sure we were not.

If R.omes offers 500K or anything decent (I doubt he will, I don't believe that he would turn down 500K to buy his vote either), then I will go to Wizard and I am sure I can work something out where he and I split the money in exchange for his not making me a moderator. Money talks, and B.S. walks.

So - let's see how serious you are R.omes or if that declining 500K was all talk.

In any case, I'm up to 15 potential votes! now. A few more and we might even be within a margin of polling error.
link to original post

Didn't think so.

Not so serious, all talk.

Guess Wizard and I won't be divvying up Rome's imaginary payment.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
March 3rd, 2024 at 9:26:42 AM permalink
Maybe I missed it. Do you WANT to be a moderator here?
There is a negative to it. It is implied that you won’t be antagonistic to the forum members. As an example, I don’t think a moderator would want to be posting your last post trying to egg Romes on.
MDawg
MDawg
March 3rd, 2024 at 9:37:28 AM permalink
V started this thread, wasn't my idea.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
March 3rd, 2024 at 10:36:17 AM permalink

Yes, but I only followed up on this notion which was made by another.
"What, me worry?"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 3rd, 2024 at 10:40:38 AM permalink

link to original post

Not relevant to my question. Do you want to be a moderator?
MDawg
MDawg
March 3rd, 2024 at 10:43:10 AM permalink
Yes that's right V was following up on a suggestion made by Gordo.

Gordo, did you vote YES for me?
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
March 3rd, 2024 at 10:45:12 AM permalink
This thought JUST occurred to me literally THREE seconds ago. You know how we have Vice President and The President? Maybe Mdawg can be a Vice Admin?🤔💡
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
MDawg
MDawg
March 3rd, 2024 at 10:47:24 AM permalink

How do you know I’m not already a secret moderator.
link to original post

In which case if that were the case, Romes' payment would be automatically divided between Wizard and me, and I would resign.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
March 3rd, 2024 at 12:07:25 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

This thought JUST occurred to me literally THREE seconds ago. You know how we have Vice President and The President? Maybe Mdawg can be a Vice Admin?🤔💡
link to original post

Well, aside from the formalities like titles and lines of succession, there is more than one admin.

Very helpful when somebody is indisposed.
May the cards fall in your favor.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
March 3rd, 2024 at 12:41:16 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: Dieter

Quote: AxelWolf

Given the fact that MDawg has a history of what I consider attempted Doxing (call it what you want) and doing various other uncouth things, things I feel should automatically exclude anyone from being a Moderator of any kind, including a secret Mod. At the very least The Wizard should let members know before someone like MDawg is given Administrative privileges.

It's probably not something The Wizard has really ever considered much, but administrative privileges gives access to people's IP's at a minimum, and who knows what other information.
link to original post

Please provide permalinks to the alleged attempted Doxx and such alleged examples of uncouthery.

PM's are fine, if you prefer.
link to original post

This one was easy let me know if more is needed.

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Joined:May 21, 2013Threads: 99Posts: 14257January 6th, 2020 at 4:31:42 PMpermalink
Hello! WMW.

Michael99000 is this you and your posts?
[link redacted by mod]
If so, that might explain the negativity of your posts here.

MDawg.

This looks to me like

1. Michael99000 is the one living rent free in your head.

2. This is an attempt at doxxing, which we suspend for, but I'm going to leave at a warning, because you checked his forum name, and the account links to a non-existent or inactive account.

3. Which likely means it got taken offline due to your action, given the timing (in the last 15 minutes). So probably an unwelcome attack.

Just chill, for crying out loud.
link to original post

I left the forum due to this. The clincher was BBB messaging me right afterward to inform me that if a member uses the same screen name elsewhere, that being doxed is just part of the risk you take, which was ridiculous.

Members will break rules, but when a mod makes excuses for that rule breaking, its unacceptable.
MDawg
MDawg
March 3rd, 2024 at 1:23:12 PM permalink
I apologize for whatever that was about, as mentioned I deleted the twitter link myself minutes after I posted it. It was a twitter account that was closed then or recently. There are other members here who have twitter accounts under their screen names, they are careful to cloak themselves in their twitters, because it's all the same screen name. My YouTube account is under a form of my WOV screen name, if someone mentioned it here I don't see how I could view it as doxxing.

Soon after that a sock puppet appeared that people said was you, trying to doxx me, they said that partly because the sock traced back to your home city.

Anyway, that was all years ago. Welcome back.

Also, when I posted that thing I had been a forum member just a few months and didn't know better. The link was to a twitter account in the same screen name Michael99000 as the forum screen name Michael99000, nothing was revealed about the person behind it the twitter was just as anonymous as the WOV forum screen name account.

It would be like if someone posted something here from my MDawg Rules YouTube account - so what?

Plus I believe it was a "non-existent or inactive [twitter] account" as BBB mentioned.

As well, I deleted the link - the moment BBB mentioned to me that it could be construed as against the rules. The other moderator at the time, OnceDear came in and posted in my defense that he didn't view it as doxxing.

I never liked the fact that a mod (I assume BBB) came back later and changed the notation to make it seem as though a moderator had deleted the link. I deleted the link myself right away.
link to original post

Last edited by: MDawg on Mar 3, 2024
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
March 3rd, 2024 at 1:31:25 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Yes, but I only followed up on this notion which was made by another.
link to original post

I did not suggest or advocate that MDawg should be a moderator, I just mentioned MDawg's obsession with what the moderators do and teased him about it.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
MDawg
MDawg
March 3rd, 2024 at 2:29:34 PM permalink

link to original post

So you mean you didn't vote YES?   🤔
Nathan
Nathan
March 3rd, 2024 at 2:38:09 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

This is a VERY CRAZY IDEA, but WOV Polls should tell exactly who voted.....🤔💡
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
MDawg
MDawg
March 3rd, 2024 at 2:42:03 PM permalink
Or at least offer the option for the person creating the poll to have it be non-secret balloting.
Nathan
Nathan
March 3rd, 2024 at 3:05:29 PM permalink

Or at least offer the option for the person creating the poll to have it be non-secret balloting.
link to original post

Yep, love your idea! 💡😀
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
March 3rd, 2024 at 6:17:42 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

This is a VERY CRAZY IDEA, but WOV Polls should tell exactly who voted.....🤔💡
link to original post

No, but I'm a bigot.
MDawg
MDawg
March 3rd, 2024 at 6:35:00 PM permalink

In any case, I'm up to 15 potential votes! now. A few more and we might even be within a margin of polling error.
link to original post

20 possible votes for MDawg now!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 3rd, 2024 at 6:52:02 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Do you remember TheWizardOdOdds.com? I think that was the original site probably back in the 1990's.
link to original post

Yes, it was. I still own that domain.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
MDawg
MDawg
March 3rd, 2024 at 7:27:18 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Figure the 3 recent anti-MDawg socks popped in to vote No, and you’ve got a possible 20 to 23 near dead heat via the “true count.”
Last edited by: MDawg on Mar 3, 2024
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
JohnzimboHunterhillterapined
March 4th, 2024 at 12:31:30 AM permalink

"I want you to know I intend to moderate with a light hand."

Wait a minute - didn't BBB say something like that when she started? 😁
link to original post

Excuse me? You're insulting me by claiming to paraphrase something I didn't say??? And then mocking me?

I became a moderator more than 4 years before you even joined this board. Unless, of course, you're a sock of a banned member from back then. Would not surprise me - I have someone in mind, in fact.

You couldn't be a worse choice as a moderator. You've doxxed people, defended indefensible members, complained incessantly about nearly everyone else here, constantly set people up by needling and taunting them, spewed unrealistic and fantastical claims at nauseating length.

The root word of moderator is the same as moderation. Dampening of extremes. Fair and impartial treatment. Balancing of all wavelengths to provide a harmonious product. You could not provide those values to this board if your life depended on it - see your long record of suspensions, warnings, and involvement in the suspensions of others.

How DARE you disparage me?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
OnceDearterapined
March 4th, 2024 at 12:47:43 AM permalink

"I want you to know I intend to moderate with a light hand."

Wait a minute - didn't BBB say something like that when she started? 😁
link to original post

Personal insult. Three days.
MDawg
MDawg
Thanked by
rawtuff
March 7th, 2024 at 2:50:43 AM permalink
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/38959-should-mdawg-be-a-moderator-at-wov/3/#post919964

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/announcements/17068-meet-our-newest-green-admin/2/#post328173

I stated that she said something like "I want you to know I intend to moderate with a light hand."

She claimed she felt insulted because she never said anything like that:

"You're insulting me by claiming to paraphrase something I didn't say???"

And when she was made a moderator she said "It's my goal to have a very light footprint" in response to EvenBob's "We'll see."
Nathan
Nathan
March 7th, 2024 at 5:21:56 AM permalink

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/38959-should-mdawg-be-a-moderator-at-wov/3/#post919964

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/announcements/17068-meet-our-newest-green-admin/2/#post328173

I stated that she said something like "I want you to know I intend to moderate with a light hand."

And when she was made a moderator she said "It's my goal to have a very light footprint" in response to EvenBob's "We'll see."
link to original post

This post proves that Mdawg was right and is owed apologies. 💡
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
March 7th, 2024 at 5:31:27 AM permalink
Votes say no.

Close the thread
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Johnzimbo
March 7th, 2024 at 7:47:23 AM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

Votes say no.

Close the thread
link to original post

As a general rule I’m against ‘closing threads’. Those not interested who want it closed can just block it and it is effectively closed for them.
That’s a lot of ‘hell no’s’ by the way.

I wonder if it was ‘should SOOPOO be a moderator’ would I get as many ‘hell no’s’?

(SOOPOO is not technically savvy enough (lacks computer skills) to be a moderator).
Nathan
Nathan
March 7th, 2024 at 8:23:37 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: Johnzimbo

Votes say no.

Close the thread
link to original post

As a general rule I’m against ‘closing threads’. Those not interested who want it closed can just block it and it is effectively closed for them.
That’s a lot of ‘hell no’s’ by the way.

I wonder if it was ‘should SOOPOO be a moderator’ would I get as many ‘hell no’s’?

(SOOPOO is not technically savvy enough (lacks computer skills) to be a moderator).
link to original post

To be fair, a couple of people admitted they voted "hell no," to spite me because I publicly admitted I voted yes for Mdawg to become Moderator. 😐 Something similar happened in another Thread I started where Posters were like,"I actually thought this was a good thread and was just about to respond to it positively, but then I saw that NATHAN started the thread and I trashed the thread instead purely because Nathan started it. Had anyone else started that thread, I would have responded positively to it." Other Posters were like,"I also thought the thread was good thread but trashed it as soon as I found out Nathan started it."
MDawg
MDawg
March 7th, 2024 at 8:48:45 AM permalink
Why close a thread where multiple people were suspended, justified or not, and vast sums were purportedly discussed to buy (or not buy) votes).

It's all fun and games and no one has had his eye poked out yet.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
March 7th, 2024 at 9:48:11 AM permalink

Why close a thread where multiple people were suspended, justified or not, and vast sums were purportedly discussed to buy (or not buy) votes).

It's all fun and games and no one has had his eye poked out yet.
link to original post

I had my eye poked out reading this thread.

But that was because my 5 year tried to get my attention and poked me. (He actually did cause me pain but he's five. What ya gonna do?).
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MrV
MrV
March 7th, 2024 at 10:21:44 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I had my eye poked out reading this thread. But that was because my 5 year tried to get my attention and poked me. (He actually did cause me pain but he's five. What ya gonna do?).

Well, I have a couple ideas as to what you COULD have done...

Spank him?

Slap his hand?

Yell at him?

Ground him?

Otherwise he might think it's cool to poke papa in the eye, necessitating that you wear goggles 24/7.
"What, me worry?"
darkoz
darkoz
March 7th, 2024 at 10:43:57 AM permalink

I had my eye poked out reading this thread. But that was because my 5 year tried to get my attention and poked me. (He actually did cause me pain but he's five. What ya gonna do?).

Well, I have a couple ideas as to what you COULD have done...

Spank him?

Slap his hand?

Yell at him?

Ground him?

Otherwise he might think it's cool to poke papa in the eye, necessitating that you wear goggles 24/7.
link to original post

Spank him: I am step-dad so let his biological mom handle corporate punishment. Just my personal rule. I don't hit other peoples kids except for safety (he' trying to touch a hot stove etc).

Yell at him. He'll yeah, he heard my mouth.

Ground him. At 5 that's the same as grounding me. If he can't go anywhere guess who has to stay home to watch him.
MrV
MrV
March 7th, 2024 at 10:48:20 AM permalink
D.O., I was just funnin' with ya.

Five year olds are bold, clueless creatures.
"What, me worry?"
darkoz
darkoz
March 7th, 2024 at 10:59:53 AM permalink

D.O., I was just funnin' with ya.

Five year olds are bold, clueless creatures.
link to original post

I know.

He actually apologized without me asking him too. Soon as he saw I was really hurt. He's a good kid.
Nathan
Nathan
March 7th, 2024 at 11:04:14 AM permalink
I would have that eye checked out, Darkoz. Five year olds can have VERY dirty fingers. And he put that in your EYE! 🤢🤮
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
March 7th, 2024 at 11:59:56 AM permalink

I would have that eye checked out, Darkoz. Five year olds can have VERY dirty fingers. And he put that in your EYE! 🤢🤮
link to original post

No, but really????? REALLY?????
How to get laughed out of a doctor's office or ER.

How quickly and cheaply can you get your eye examined for a risk of infection?
Don't you guys pay for such medical attention?

Reminds me of a true anecdote. Sat in a beer garden with colleagues when a bird pooped in a young ladies face.
She really did say those immortal words "has anyone got a tissue" and I really did get to say "Don't be daft it'll be miles away by now"
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
March 7th, 2024 at 12:15:24 PM permalink
I flush my eyes with water in the kitchen sink and pat down dry with a paper towel daily. Visine ain't cutting it and I can't stand to use eye drops anyway. I used to have the reddest eyes when I had a smaller computer monitor. Just so so red. Now they just dry out and need rehydration stat.
MrV
MrV
Thanked by
Dieter
March 7th, 2024 at 12:56:45 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Reminds me of a true anecdote. Sat in a beer garden with colleagues when a bird pooped in a young ladies face.
She really did say those immortal words "has anyone got a tissue" and I really did get to say "Don't be daft it'll be miles away by now"
link to original post

Ba da bing...

Hey, you Brits have dry humor, so is the funny part the notion that the tissue would have been used to clean excess fecal matter off of the now gone pigeon's bum?
"What, me worry?"
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
March 7th, 2024 at 1:24:15 PM permalink
I think it's from a Benny Hill sketch.

It certainly seems a bit sketch.
OnceDear
OnceDear
March 8th, 2024 at 4:32:14 AM permalink

link to original post

I believe it was also from a Benny Hill sketch. But it really did happen as I related it. I probably had the sketch in mind. Yes. The humour comes from the concept of wiping the bird's bum.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
darkoz
darkoz
March 8th, 2024 at 4:54:44 AM permalink

link to original post

I believe it was also from a Benny Hill sketch. But it really did happen as I related it. I probably had the sketch in mind. Yes. The humour comes from the concept of wiping the bird's bum.
link to original post

True story.

My dad hated British shows because he couldn't understand their twang. One day I coax him to join me and give it a chance. It's one of the 70's comedy skit shows, I want to say Monty Python but could have been another.

Unfortunately the skit that comes on is about one REGULAR British family trying to understand a COCKNEY guy speaking. I got the joke. Even the British didn't understand THAT British.

But my dad heard three sentences of Cockney, jumped up and said. "See, I told you, can't understand them."
OnceDear
OnceDear
March 8th, 2024 at 12:05:22 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

True story.

My dad hated British shows because he couldn't understand their twang. One day I coax him to join me and give it a chance. It's one of the 70's comedy skit shows, I want to say Monty Python but could have been another.

Unfortunately the skit that comes on is about one REGULAR British family trying to understand a COCKNEY guy speaking. I got the joke. Even the British didn't understand THAT British.

But my dad heard three sentences of Cockney, jumped up and said. "See, I told you, can't understand them."
link to original post

We're going off topic. But what the heck. If He struggles with that English accent, try these.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=the+kumars+going+for+an+english&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH-uEx_hEXAM
MDawg
MDawg
March 11th, 2024 at 4:58:30 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Figure the 3 recent anti-MDawg socks popped in to vote No, and you’ve got a possible 20 to 23 near dead heat via the “true count.”
link to original post

Possible 21 votes for MDawg now. 😂

21 to 28.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 11th, 2024 at 5:31:58 PM permalink
I'm not big on closing threads, out of respect for free speech. However, this has essentially turned into two Mdawg threads.

I will say for the record that Mdawg is not being considered for the role of moderator. Not even a secret moderator. I'm allowed to lie about the secret moderator statements. You'll have to decide for yourself if I am now.

Going forward, I will not be allowing threads that like this that seek only to stir up drama, especially if it is a vote on a particular person being promoted to moderator.

I will be closing this thread in 24 hours. Make your last statements, if you wish.
MrV
MrV
March 11th, 2024 at 5:48:12 PM permalink
I wanted to see what the members thought of the idea as I could tell he'd love to be a mod.

Sure, my post might have looked "a tad" trollish but the question I posed was valid and I felt worthy of discussion.

The guy's a lawyer, and although we don't really get along I respect his "legal mind."
"What, me worry?"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 11th, 2024 at 7:30:12 PM permalink

Sure, my post might have looked "a tad" trollish but the question I posed was valid and I felt worthy of discussion.

The guy's a lawyer, and although we don't really get along I respect his "legal mind."
link to original post

You should have asked it in the Adventures of MDawg thread. It was not worthy of a separate thread.
MDawg
MDawg
March 11th, 2024 at 7:49:06 PM permalink

I wanted to see what the members thought of the idea as I could tell he'd love to be a mod.

link to original post

I would rise to the occasion if Admin here. Once entrusted as an officer of the court, while at court or in matters dealing with the court, there is no other choice.
link to original post

Last edited by: MDawg on Mar 11, 2024
MDawg
MDawg
March 11th, 2024 at 8:08:37 PM permalink

link to original post

DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
Thanked by
unJon
March 11th, 2024 at 8:13:08 PM permalink

...< --- >...
link to original post

Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
March 12th, 2024 at 12:11:50 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Possible 21 votes for MDawg now. 😂

21 to 28.
link to original post

Kind of like some 60 hands in a row.

You can spin it however you want, but the poll clearly shows 79% HELL NO!
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
ChumpChange
March 12th, 2024 at 12:18:29 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'm not big on closing threads, out of respect for free speech. However, this has essentially turned into two Mdawg threads.

I will say for the record that Mdawg is not being considered for the role of moderator. Not even a secret moderator. I'm allowed to lie about the secret moderator statements. You'll have to decide for yourself if I am now.

t

That's a ridiculous statment.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
  • Jump to: