Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 6th, 2010 at 1:15:58 PM permalink
Been watching this show and its changing my opinion of Sarah Palin. I still think she's very bright and a quick learner, but I also think she's a major country hick. With all her huntin and fishin and hikin and shootin and swearin on her show, its the 2010 version of Hee Haw. And she has a bigger set of balls than every guy she meets. She doesn't swear per se, but its 'friggin' this and 'frippin' that and Holy Geez here and Hot Darn there, if the camera wasn't rolling you just know the words would be different. And she's always making bets with everybody. She bet her husband she could climb a hill faster or beat him in a canoe race. Last night she went huntin' with her father and was bettin' right and left. She's a man in a very attractive womans body. She's a hick mayor and a hick governor from a hick state. She's not affectionate with her husband or kids, treats her husband like he's the hired help, and is in competition with every man she meets over everything. She's smart, but I don't think she's read a book since college. She has all the sophistication of somebody from Bugtussle, where the Clampett's are from. She makes a good mayor or governor among her own, but president? She's just another man hater like Hillary, I don't think so. I can't imagine her and her husband having sex and I'll bet he gets it so seldom he can barely imagine it either. Who'd want it, just close your eyes and think of John Wayne.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
December 6th, 2010 at 2:48:58 PM permalink
The only part of your post that I disagree with is the part where you say she was a good Governor. She did that job so poorly that she had to quit after 2 years to protect herself against the pile of ethics complaints that were awaiting resolution.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
December 6th, 2010 at 2:57:49 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

The only part of your post that I disagree with is the part where you say she was a good Governor. She did that job so poorly that she had to quit after 2 years to protect herself against the pile of ethics complaints that were awaiting resolution.

That's a liberal whiner for ya! If she was such a bad Gov. then explain why all you Democrats are so afraid of the mere mention of her name in the media that you rush to the smear blogs and make personal attacks on her.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
December 6th, 2010 at 2:59:18 PM permalink
Alaska is 1/14 the population of Los Angeles county. It's a funny country that the nation's leaders can come from places like Arkansas and Alaska.

The power to tittilate the media is so important compared to actual experience making decisions that affect millions of people in life and death situations.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 3:03:45 PM permalink

She was very popular and did a lot for AK, but how hard is that. 600K people live there, you have more population in a medium sized city. There's something about her that just rubs me the wrong way. I always wondered why her eldest daughter chose to have sex over and over without protection. She was saying 'Screw you, mom! Everything's always about you, we get ignored so you can be a hotshot politician. Well, I hope I get pregnant!' Sarah is in charge of every situation she's in, just watch the show. She talks about her husband like he's her under achiever brother who needs his confidence bolstered, she's very condescending towards him and he just takes it. Like he has a choice, its obvious who wears the Carhartts in that family.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 3:06:13 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

That's a liberal whiner for ya! If she was such a bad Gov. then explain why all you Democrats are so afraid of the mere mention of her name in the media that you rush to the smear blogs and make personal attacks on her.

She appeals to a lot of people because she's bright and is one of them. If she looked like Angela Merkel, though, you'd never see her again. Never underestimate the power of a pretty face.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 3:42:16 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

She appeals to a lot of people because she's bright and is one of them. If she looked like Angela Merkel, though, you'd never see her again. Never underestimate the power of a pretty face.

And I don't think we'd have seen a "Nailin' Palin" movie either.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 3:43:02 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Alaska is 1/14 the population of Los Angeles county. It's a funny country that the nation's leaders can come from places like Arkansas and Alaska.

The power to tittilate the media is so important compared to actual experience making decisions that affect millions of people in life and death situations.

Yeah, we see that every day in Mexico and it's fabulous collection of corrupt presidents.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 6th, 2010 at 3:53:33 PM permalink
What amazes me is the level of "hatred" people bring when they talk about Sarah Palin. My mother-in-law just goes off the deep end if her name is even mentioned, just like many of the blogs and liberal commentators seem to do.

I don't have any argument with people who don't agree with her positions on the issues and things of that sort--but why does so much of it degenerate into nastiness. Don't watch her show, don't vote for her (if she even runs), and be against where she stands on the issues. Just stop the personal stuff. You know about as much about her personal life (if not less) from watching the TV show and other family issues as we know about the President's personal life. Not too darn much. People assume they know, but they don't really know...someone said that this person who used to know someone told me that she is....

I'm more worried right now about the person who is a heartbeat away from the Presidency and seems to spend most of his time saying things that are completely incorrect or in direct conflict with the administration's positions. He's they guy who is closest to the power right now, not a lady who served part of her term as governor and happens to be pretty popular with some folks.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
December 6th, 2010 at 3:54:06 PM permalink
I like to think in Doug Adam's Hitchiker's Guide to the galaxy, Sarah Palin's entry would read "Hot, mostly harmless." ;)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
December 6th, 2010 at 4:00:11 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

What amazes me is the level of "hatred" people bring when they talk about Sarah Palin. My mother-in-law just goes off the deep end if her name is even mentioned, just like many of the blogs and liberal commentators seem to do.

Don't make the mistake that so many conservatives do when they think that all opposition to Palin comes from liberals, or that the reason they dislike her is because she's a conservative. It's quite possible to dislike someone for reasons other than that they are a conservative or liberal. (In point of fact, I've heard more criticism of her from her own party than from the Democrats, no doubt partly because Palin getting the 2012 nomination would be a wet dream come true for the Demos.)

I think a lot of people are simply appalled that she's such an unsophisticated bubblehead, and had the pretensions to try to exemplify the Peter Principle, i.e., to rise to her personal level of incompetence. She is/was a good fit for Alaska. Not, however, for the outside world.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 4:02:36 PM permalink

You know about as much about her personal life (if not less) from watching the TV show

You do gain a lot of insight into a someones personal life by watching them interact with family members. I'm not seeing a warm, caring person. I'm not seeing a feminine persona. I'm watching a competitor, someone who broke her arm during a basketball game in high school and kept playing till the end, even though she was in pain. She keeps saying that everything is a challenge to her, she does something just to see if she can do it. I don't want a president like that, I want a president who runs because they feel they'll do a good job and they love the country. Not because its a 'challenge'.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 6th, 2010 at 4:05:28 PM permalink

You do gain a lot of insight into a someones personal life by watching them interact with family members. I'm not seeing a warm, caring person. I'm not seeing a feminine persona. I'm watching a competitor, someone who broke her arm during a basketball game in high school and kept playing till the end, even though she was in pain. She keeps saying that everything is a challenge to her, she does something just to see if she can do it. I don't want a president like that, I want a president who runs because they feel they'll do a good job and they love the country. Not because its a 'challenge'.

I don't see how anyone would ever get to be President without being a fierce competitor, though. You have to knock over so many people on the way.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
RonC
RonC
December 6th, 2010 at 4:21:12 PM permalink
My point is this--oppose her if you want no matter what your political leanings happen to be. I know of conservatives who oppose her and I am not convinced that she is even in the running (in my opinion) to be the best possible candidate to represent the Republican party in 2012. That doesn't mean that I have to develop hatred for her even though I may well oppose her candidacy and support someone else.

When you speak with some folks, they don't speak why she shouldn't be President, they just start spewing nasty comments. Her daughter got pregnant? I bet a lot of us have been in a situation like that--it happens to people on both sides of the aisle! She makes mistakes in her speeches and is dumb? The President couldn't say "superfluous" the other day and I don't find him dumb and the Vice President says all kinds of things that are waved off with the "that's just Joe" attitude. She said she looks at Russia everyday? The President said he visited all 57 states.

There is a lot to disagree with in her actual positions on the issues if you are a liberal. There are things that conservatives will disagree with, too. Let's speak to those types of things about ALL candidates and have a honest debate instead of name-calling contest.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
December 6th, 2010 at 4:22:23 PM permalink
All American woman who's hubby is a supporter of Alaskan secession.
Conservative Christian who let her underage daughters boy friend move in and knock her up.
Confused about if it is North or South Korea we like.
To add to her credibility next week she hangs w Kate + 8.

The Democratic party dreams of her running in '12.
The GOP are her biggest critics.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 6th, 2010 at 4:38:18 PM permalink

Would that be all the baseless ethics complaints hate-filled liberals filed to straitjacket her asministration?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 6th, 2010 at 4:43:43 PM permalink

So, you want a president who does things that are easy instead of challenging themself? I guess your ideal president would say, "We choose not to go to the moon because to do so would be hard and we prefer not to rise to a challenge"?
Wavy70
Wavy70
December 6th, 2010 at 4:55:02 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

So, you want a president who does things that are easy instead of challenging themself? I guess your ideal president would say, "We choose not to go to the moon because to do so would be hard and we prefer not to rise to a challenge"?

At least one who understands it's not made of cheese.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
Wavy70
Wavy70
December 6th, 2010 at 4:58:07 PM permalink

Would that be all the baseless ethics complaints hate-filled liberals filed to straitjacket her asministration?

If they were baseless why was she found guilty of them? Perhaps she needed a better legal team.

BTW I am stealing the "AsSministration" word. Added the 2nd S
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
December 6th, 2010 at 5:13:25 PM permalink

Are you joking? First, I'm not a liberal. Turns out you don't have to be a lefty loon to realize that she's awful. But I bet the lefties love her. She's the only GOPer that Obama can beat.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
December 6th, 2010 at 5:16:41 PM permalink

Well, I would think the one about her taking the state's travel per diem and then staying at home and not traveling to Juneau had a pretty strong base. But it doesn't really matter. The point is that a leader leads, a fighter fights, and she chose to run away and then pretend to have those traits.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 6th, 2010 at 5:24:02 PM permalink
Quote: Wavy70

If they were baseless why was she found guilty of them? Perhaps she needed a better legal team.

BTW I am stealing the "AsSministration" word. Added the 2nd S

The only things she was found "guilty" of were paperwork violations, like if you had room service and didn't break it out on your expense report. You have to do better than that.

I suspect the real reason liberals hate her so much is that liberals can't deal with strong women.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 5:40:33 PM permalink

Her daughter got pregnant? I bet a lot of us have been in a situation like that--

The daughters of sitting governors usually have sense enough to keep their thighs together because it makes the parent look really lame when the kid gets pregnant out of wedlock.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 5:46:42 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

and had the pretensions to try to exemplify the Peter Principle, i.e., to rise to her personal level of incompetence. She is/was a good fit for Alaska. Not, however, for the outside world.

I really truly believe thats exactly what she's doing. It a game to her, kinda like it was for Obama. Can I do it? Its the challenge, and when they get there they haven't got a clue what to do. Look at somebody like Reagan, on the other hand. He ran because he loved America and had credentials galore. He had an agenda in that he hated the guts of communism, he'd seen first hand how destructive it was. And Reagan, because he was in the right place at the right time, was an excellent president, the best since Lincoln, IMO.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 6:01:31 PM permalink

I prefer somebody who chooses challenges for a reason, not just because somebody said they can't do it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 6:05:50 PM permalink

The point is that a leader leads, a fighter fights, and she chose to run away and then pretend to have those traits.

It does bother me she chose to step down as governor. Its like she said to herself, 'well, I did that, now its boring. Time to move on.' I know men like that, they're never satisfied with anything they accomplish for long.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
December 6th, 2010 at 6:17:08 PM permalink

It does bother me she chose to step down as governor. Its like she said to herself, 'well, I did that, now its boring. Time to move on.' I know men like that, they're never satisfied with anything they accomplish for long.

I don't know of any men (or women) who ran for public office, won, quit mid-term, and then actually thought that they could run for another position and win. I'm confused how quitting one public office wouldn't be a disqualifying event when it came time to run for another public office. The rest of the GOP field (and Obama) will have a field day with Palin...
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 6th, 2010 at 6:19:08 PM permalink

The only things she was found "guilty" of were paperwork violations, like if you had room service and didn't break it out on your expense report. You have to do better than that.

I suspect the real reason liberals hate her so much is that liberals can't deal with strong women.

Oooooh, ya gotta love them blanket generalizations. Especially invalid ones (see: Hillary Clinton).
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 6:22:35 PM permalink

I don't know of any men (or women) who ran for public office, won, quit mid-term, and then actually thought that they could run for another position and win. I'm confused how quitting one public office wouldn't be a disqualifying

It makes her look flighty and wishy washy, thats for sure. Hey, check back a couple months, I was a big supporter of Palin's. Her TV show is whats turning me off.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 6th, 2010 at 6:23:44 PM permalink

The daughters of sitting governors usually have sense enough to keep their thighs together because it makes the parent look really lame when the kid gets pregnant out of wedlock.

That's so misogynist, it's hard to even comment on, but it should be pointed out that only blue-haired Bible Belt ultra-conservatives get scandalized about unmarried pregnancies these days. For that matter, most people consider "wedlock" to be an archaic term.

Also, most parents who aren't anal Bible-thumpers consider their teenage children's private lives to be their own business.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 6th, 2010 at 6:38:26 PM permalink

I prefer someone like her to someone like Obama who says, "I just got elected Senator 145 days ago but it is beneath me, I think I will run for POTUS. Though I will still collect my senate pay I will rarely be doing the job I was just elected to do for the next TWO YEARS!"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 6th, 2010 at 6:43:00 PM permalink

I prefer somebody who chooses challenges for a reason, not just because somebody said they can't do it.

Then you would disqualify many of the great accomplishments in USA and world history. Why do you always need a reason? Why was Everest climbed? "Because it was there!" People who do stuff because others say it cannot be done are some of the greastest figures in history.

So it sounds like you agree with my statement about you do not like that JFK challenged the USA to go to the moon?
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 6:46:54 PM permalink

That's so misogynist, it's hard to even comment on,

Spoken like a true Lib. So go ahead and vote for the guy with the dope needle in his arm and a joint behind his ear, you get what you vote for..
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 6:48:15 PM permalink

I prefer someone like her to someone like Obama who says, "I just got elected Senator 145 days ago but it is beneath me, I think I will run for POTUS. Though I will still collect my senate pay I will rarely be doing the job I was just elected to do for the next TWO YEARS!"

I don't see a whits difference between Palin and Obama, they're both opportunists, and that always makes a bad president.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 6:51:35 PM permalink

Then you would disqualify many of the great accomplishments in USA and world history. Why do you always need a reason? Why was Everest climbed? "Because it was there!" People who do stuff because others say it cannot be done are some of the greastest figures in history.

So in your mind, just wanting to be president qualifies you for the job? Wow, you must LOVE Obama, cause thats what he did.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 6th, 2010 at 6:52:58 PM permalink

I don't see a whits difference between Palin and Obama, they're both opportunists, and that always makes a bad president.

Well, there is the fact that Palin has actually created wealth in the real world while Obama has no idea how the world outside of government works.

Though I can't wait for the liberal reaction to him extending W's tax cuts. The greedy left will be going crazy.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1494
December 6th, 2010 at 6:54:02 PM permalink

What amazes me is the level of "hatred" people bring when they talk about Sarah Palin.

I think that knife cuts both ways. If you go to a Tea Party gathering, I don't think you'll exactly find that the average person respectfully disagrees with Obama's policies, but have good things to say about the man himself. I somehow was put on mailing lists of some Obama haters, and the bile they excrete is much worse than the usual jokes about Sarah Palin. The kind of evil that enjoys destroying other people personally is not unique to either party.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 6th, 2010 at 6:59:40 PM permalink

So in your mind, just wanting to be president qualifies you for the job? Wow, you must LOVE Obama, cause thats what he did.

No, but running a town then a state sure does. Having good intelligence and common sense as Sarah has sure does. Moving forward when the media keeps making fun of you like Sarah does sure helps--compared to Obama who has a hissy-fit because FoxNews is fair and balances and does not fawn all over him like CBS.

But the real point is people who rise to challenges are the kind of people I like to be around and want as leaders. If their politics are correct I will vote for them. Who got more votes--Reagan who said we can be a great nation or Carter who implied we need to accept decline?
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
December 6th, 2010 at 7:18:27 PM permalink
Back on topic.

We know that Palin will be seeking the Republican nomination for President in 2012.

I watched a couple of episodes of "Alaska". I'm trying to figure out what the Palin PR machine is trying to do. Certainly she is coming off as less devisive than she did in the election campaign. People who are closed minded who didn't like her before are going to find more reasons to hate her. She is sticking with family values and comes off as being a decent parent. I'm not going to judge her relationship with her hubby... they're together and have three kids -- nuff said. The show was entertaining enough - meh.

Her daughter was on Dancing with the Stars and she's hanging more with celebrity than with her own party. She's got a show on Fox News. So, she's becoming more known and more "populist". But the things she is getting involved in i think will be more of a detriment to her political career. As much however as she comes across as being friendly towards the public in the program, there's lots of accounts where's she's been absolutely unfriendly on her book tour.

Dems want Palin to run because it will help their cause given what happened in '08. Republicans for the most part believe that Palin would hurt their chances in '12.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 6th, 2010 at 7:31:20 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Back on topic.

We know that Palin will be seeking the Republican nomination for President in 2012.

I do not think that she will be. I doubt she wants to take either the pay cut or all the nonsense this country puts public figures thru. Reality is she would be a good replacement for Steele or just a good act to put out to keep the energy up. Right now she is clearly drawing the fire away from any other GOP member who wants to test the waters. This coud be a huge rope-a-dope causing the media and the left to punch themselves out for a year while the field sets. Time will tell.
RonC
RonC
December 6th, 2010 at 7:34:53 PM permalink
I don't want to hear it from either side. If we had been discussing it, I would have said the same thing about anything filled with bile coming from the Tea Party. I don't agree with the other side; not agreeing with them does not make me hate them. There are whole TV shows on both sides of the issues that do nothing to "advance the ball" for their cause--they simply spread disdain for the other side.
EnvyBonus
EnvyBonus
  • Threads: 6
December 6th, 2010 at 7:41:18 PM permalink

Also, most parents who aren't anal Bible-thumpers consider their teenage children's private lives to be their own business.

I certainly hope this is not true. It is difficult to protect and raise teenage children without knowing what is going on in their "private lives".
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1494
December 6th, 2010 at 7:44:17 PM permalink

I do not think that she will be. I doubt she wants to take either the pay cut or all the nonsense this country puts public figures thru. Reality is she would be a good replacement for Steele or just a good act to put out to keep the energy up. Right now she is clearly drawing the fire away from any other GOP member who wants to test the waters. This coud be a huge rope-a-dope causing the media and the left to punch themselves out for a year while the field sets. Time will tell.

I'd lay about 3 to 1 that she at least runs. I think winning the nomination is right around even money. Against Sarah is that the GOP tends to go for candidates who have served the party faithfully for decades, like Dole and McCain. In her favor is huge name recognition, an enthusiastic base, and there are no strong loyal GOP candidates to challenge her. If forced to a prediction, I say Sarah wins the GOP nomination, and then loses in the general election.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
RonC
RonC
December 6th, 2010 at 8:01:20 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'd lay about 3 to 1 that she at least runs. I think winning the nomination is right around even money. Against Sarah is that the GOP tends to go for candidates who have served the party faithfully for decades, like Dole and McCain. In her favor is huge name recognition, an enthusiastic base, and there are no strong loyal GOP candidates to challenge her. If forced to a prediction, I say Sarah wins the GOP nomination, and then loses in the general election.

I disagree and believe that she will not win the nomination. She has a ton of positive publicity right now and still ranks in the middle of the potential candidates in an average of polls (an average that is tainted a bit because not all possible candidates are polled in every poll used in the average):

8.9% Mitt Romney
17.5% Mike Huckabee
16.6% Sarah Palin
13.7% Newt Gingrich
5.7% Ron Paul

source: http://freedomslighthouse.net/2010/11/30/palin-leads-2012-gop-field-in-new-poll-romney-leads-in-average-of-2012-polls/

I can't see her winning the nomination when she may be at her "positive" best right now. Her "negatives" are not as big of news right now but they will jump when she enters the race. I think her giving up the job of governor will be a HUGE negative (and should be) when it comes down to an election. I just can't see how we can elect someone who quit as governor is well qualified to be President.

For the record, I was wrong about President Obama. I didn't think a party would nominate someone with so little experience for the highest office in the land. I may be wrong about this one, too. That is what makes it interesting...things happen!!
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 8:18:53 PM permalink

I think her giving up the job of governor will be a HUGE negative (and should be) when it comes down to an election. I just can't see how we can elect someone who quit as governor is well qualified to be President.!

In the first EP of the show, when she was climbing the rock face and constantly swearing and bitching and pissing and moaning and griping and it went on and on and on, and she finally made it (they jumped ahead about an hour in time or we'd still be waiting) And her husband followed her and did it in about 10min and never said one word the whole time, that was when I started to wonder what was going on with her. She really resented him doing it so fast and so easy and I'm going HUH? He's an outdoor guy, tall and in good shape, why wouldn't he do it in a snap? I don't know how her husband stands being around her. Who knows, maybe he can't and hides it well by being gone a lot.
Wavy70
Wavy70
December 6th, 2010 at 8:23:14 PM permalink

Paperwork violations. I guess Bernie Madoff was in the same boat. On paper the money was there.

It seems that you are a bit misinformed about who brought the violations to light. Zane Henning is a conservative watchdog and would probably pass out if you called him a liberal. Far from that Che' shirt wearing commie you hope for.

Someone said she made her own wealth? In what job?

In November of '03 she filed ethics charges against the AK Republican chair for doing "Party work on state time". The same "paperwork" violation she committed.
Odd how it is ok for her but not for her political opponents.

Keep telling yourself that the Democrats are out for her. Just the opposite.The GOP wants her gone.
But I think she is just trying to milk it for what she can. 100k for a Teaparty appearance.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 6th, 2010 at 9:28:09 PM permalink
I'm always constantly confused by what "liberals" means in US politics.... just when I think I've figured it out, I see another example that confuses me.

As for Palin... I prefer Michael. I think Sarah Palin is not just a political lightweight, she's also got some very out there policies. It's window dressing. And it's not her mistakes... every one I've heard has been the kinda of mistake people who talk a lot under pressure make. The Korea one? Simple slip up, in my opinion.

I'm just glad to know that Bob will only vote for a president he can imagine having sex.

Anyways, it's not my election, or my country, so I'll leave the Dem/Rep wars alone. This damn anarcho-syndicalist-commie-liberal gets to vote elsewhere.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 9:35:09 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I'm just glad to know that Bob will only vote for a president he can imagine having sex..

Very important and under valued criteria to consider in a candidate. I would never vote for Meg Whitman.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 6th, 2010 at 9:39:07 PM permalink

Are you joking? First, I'm not a liberal. Turns out you don't have to be a lefty loon to realize that she's awful. But I bet the lefties love her. She's the only GOPer that Obama can beat.

You're fooling yourselves if you think the GOP won't pile up in support of her if she runs. They're playing the Democrats and witless people like MKL right now. And anyone who claims she's "awful" is obviously afraid of her because of her extraordinary values and how she walks the walk. Plus, notice how good she looks? Did you see that mock of Democratic women up against Conservative women? You're kidding yourself if you don't think her looks bothers liberals.

Oh, if I hear another whining liberal moan about how they're "not a liberal" while hiding behind the guise of being a "lebertarian" I'll puke John Kerry-ketchup red.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 9:44:08 PM permalink

You're kidding yourself if you don't think her looks bothers liberals.

This is true. Good looking people have a huge advantage running for office, its a fact thats been proven over and over. John Kennedy got elected because he made Nixon look like a caveman. We trust good looking people, god knows why..
  • Jump to: